Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,023 members, 7,807,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) (63035 Views)

Okorocha: I Don't Know If Rainfall In Imo Is Acidic, It Has Destroyed All Roads / Senator Akpabio Chooses Broom Over Umbrella During Rainfall In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by olu1759(m): 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
When rain falls,some part of lekki are just iyana ipaja with make up.
Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by IsheriNorthGRA: 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
This is why I laugh when some people compare Isheri North to Lekki in terms of flood. Don't act on hearsay, buy a plot in Isheri North now before it's too late.
Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by almarthins(m): 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2017
alcmene:
That's almost the size of Omambala river.

Afonja be doing as if they are flawless.

See how they will be dodging this thread

Local cock, u are here welcome. U think say na mud land u dey? Na nl answer dey for every smelly statements. grin grin

We no be cowards
Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2017
0b10010011:

What other planning can be done to a coastal area of such? Flooding of such happens in any coastal area of such all over the world once there is heavy downpour.

What can be done? Ever heard of canals? Levees? Dams? Even pump systems? How do you think countries like the Netherlands that are below sea level stop flooding. How do the people of Venice live on water? There are a thousand and one coastal cities around the world whose streets don't get flooded after a few hours of rain. Those that do is often due to more extreme conditions like hurricanes and severe storms. Lagos streets get flooded after just a few hours of continuous rain because of woefully inadequate drainage infrastructure. Let's not deceive ourselves.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by nwakibie3(m): 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2017
Wuzyurdaddy:

Where in Lekki do you stay?

Agungi. u stay in lekki too?
Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by SouthWestBlood(m): 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2017
The usual traffic alone is annoying. Everybody is running to Lekki, making the landlords richer with zero difference with the houses on the mainland.

The day you realise home is where the comfort it, that's when you'll know that Lekki is just a name. Give me security and comfort and I'm good.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
so this is the look of the very over hyped lekki? Absolute! Rubbish! lipsrsealed very disappointing!

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
nwakibie3:

Agungi. u stay in lekki too?

Yes sir, whenever I'm in Lagos.
Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
alcmene:
That's almost the size of Omambala river.

Afonja be doing as if they are flawless.

See how they will be dodging this thread

Una never see to develop this place?

Oh wait, una dey develop Magodo or is it Maroko? Sorry I no sabi that pigsty called Lagos.
Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by lordyugo: 2:46pm On Jun 20, 2017
0b10010011:

What other planning can be done to a coastal area of such? Flooding of such happens in any coastal area of such all over the world once there is heavy downpour.

are u confusing poor drainage system wit flooding as a result of drastic climatic changes?
U fuckers will nvr travel out
Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by ashawopikin(m): 2:46pm On Jun 20, 2017
in mama peace voice.....

Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by 0b10010011: 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

What can be done? Ever heard of canals? Levees? Dams? Even pump systems? How do you think countries like the Netherlands that are below sea level stop flooding. How do the people of Venice live on water? There are a thousand and one coastal cities around the world whose streets don't get flooded after a few hours of rain. Those that do is often due to more extreme conditions like hurricanes and severe storms. Lagos streets get flooded after just a few hours of continuous rain because of woefully inadequate drainage infrastructure. Let's not deceive ourselves.

If you familiar with Lekki, the flood will clear in hours. As for the countries you mention, do they have heavy liquefied down pour like that of lagos. No! The channel and canals you mentioned re there. It's just an unavoidable scenario! Its all round bounded by water and you can't just forcefully channel. You have to be patient.

Areas like park view, Banana, Osborne foreshore will continue to be like that cos of human encroachment is a point I was expecting.

Lagos still has a lot of land mass and it keeps concentrating on a spot!

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by judgedredd22(m): 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2017
0b10010011:

How do you drain an area like Lekki? Opened to your suggestion!

it is not rocket science... well planned drainage system that empties into the nearby ocean in real time is the solution!

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by judgedredd22(m): 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2017
lordyugo:

are u confusing poor drainage system wit flooding as a result of drastic climatic changes?

Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by Smithavalotts: 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2017
The is serious
Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by judgedredd22(m): 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2017
0b10010011:

If you familiar with Lekki, the flood will clear in hours. As for the countries you mention, do they have heavy liquefied down pour like that of lagos. No! The channel and canals you mentioned re there. It's just an unavoidable scenario! Its all round bounded by water and you can't just forcefully channel. You have to be patient.

Areas like park view, Banana, Osborne foreshore will continue to be like that cos of human encroachment is a point I was expecting.

Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by 0b10010011: 2:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
lordyugo:

Hello Mofo!

What is the cause of the flooding in Lekki today? You re dumb and have no iota of the topic. I won't join issues with you!

Travel out grin grin grin Don't make me laugh!

You a typical village bree opportuned to have gone to Ghana
Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by arsenal33: 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
BIA3:
One if the reasons wizkid's parent never moved to lekki

Surulere all the way cool

A thousand likes for you.
Some people do not realise that many people actually prefer living on the mainland.... Easy access, ewa agoin, buka, down to earth peeps etc

1 Like

Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by judgedredd22(m): 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
0b10010011:

You have a good point!

The thread is filled-up with laymen who have no iota of what a coastal area like Lekki is made of

Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
My loyal PalmGrove never experiences such floods. Proud to be an ajepako from the mainland.....
Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by thunderbabs: 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2017
Na water get Lekki before.....buh when you think tens of millions can do everything, that is what you get....

Hardly can most of lekki inhabiters drink the water from their borehole sef.....dey v to buy from tankers who supply them from the nearest mainland.

You see life? shocked

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by lordyugo: 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2017
0b10010011:

Hello Mofo!

What is the cause of the flooding in Lekki today? You re dumb and have no iota of the topic. I won't join issues with you!

Travel out grin grin grin Don't make me laugh!

You a typical village bree opportuned to have gone to Ghana

the clown said other coastal regions gets flooded after a few millimeters of rainfall cheesy cheesy
the riff raffs we see on nairaland, some islands are visa free u can start from there so u wont make misguided ignorant remarks again.
am sure u consider open shallow gutters as an effective drainage system grin grin
Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by dxdiag(m): 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2017
High water table, poor planning and poor drainage system re the cause. Imagine me removing my shoe, rolling up my trousers just to go to my office in lekki?
Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by nobleblood: 2:57pm On Jun 20, 2017
This is v.I?

Well..you can keep it!
Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by 0b10010011: 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2017
[quote author=judgedredd22 post=57693065][/quote]

Who is dis village boy that has never been to the city?

Make a point u can't as you not enlightened enough probably due to poor education or total lack of education which leaves u with no other option than to express yourself with memes . You definitely had access to the Internet by sheer luck!

I won't join you in that pigsty... cool off there!
Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by POULTRYFARMING(m): 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2017
sarrki:
Lekki is not well planed

I said it from the onset
God Bless Nigeria

Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by judgedredd22(m): 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
0b10010011:

Who is dis village boy that has never been to the city?

Make a point u can't as you not enlightened enough probably due to poor education or total lack of education which leaves u with no other option than to express yourself with memes . You definitely had access to the Internet by sheer luck!

I won't join you in that pigsty... cool off there!

1 Like

Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by dumie(f): 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
Hmm

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by wristbangle: 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
three:
It is as though we are determined to be foolish in this country.

Draining Lagos is not complicated.

These problems have solutions! The trouble is that if things worked in Nigeria, the politicians and administrators would only have their salaries to take home

No more overbloated contracts and 60/40 kickbacks!

Well said
Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
0b10010011:

That it clears in few hours is precisely evidence that rather than ecological challenges, it's infrastructural challenges that cause flooding here. The kind of challenges that have sacked communities like New Orleans would wipe Lagos off the map. grin Nigeria is a lucky country. I shudder to think what would happen if this country had tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, cyclones etc. We would have gone extinct by now.

The scenario is not "unavoidable" at all. Build expansive, closed, underground drainage systems that are integrated with municipal water treatment and supply faciities, and adequate channels, canals etc which drain out into the ocean and you'll see a stop to flooding. Keep digging 2-feet deep, open gutters flowing nowhere and blocked by garbage and waste and you'll keep getting floods.

5 Likes

Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by francesawesome(f): 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
This is an old news
Re: Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) by 0b10010011: 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2017
[quote author=judgedredd22 post=57693369][/quote]

Go get a life Bro!

People get paid for masturbating now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of President Buhari Performing Umrah In Saudi Arabia Get Many Talking / Governor Wike "Changes His Name" Over Dismissal Of 6 Policemen In Rivers. Photos / Police Superintendent, Ada, Celebrates Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.