Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,367 members, 7,781,000 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:17 AM

Weight And Health Profile - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Weight And Health Profile (489 Views)

Financial and Health Benefits Of Pure Original Unadulterated Honey / How I Lost Weight And Cleared My Skin / Lose 2okg Of Weight And Blast Your Tummy Fats In 1 Month... Is So Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Weight And Health Profile by markbor: 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2017
High blood pressure, several diseases like Type 2 diabetes and coronary artery complications are some of the many fallouts of being overweight and obese. The circumference of your waist and most importantly, your body mass index are dead giveaways when it comes to knowing the amount of body fat you have, and the health risks you might run into because of it.

BMI is mostly a very dependable way of estimating body fat, especially for people between the ages of 19 and 50. Exceptions are women who are pregnant and breast feeding, bodybuilders, athletes and patients. The health risks increase with the BMI count, and also with waist size.

Sizes greater than 40 inches for men and 35 for women can prove to be serious and harmful. There are several other ways of estimating body fat other than BMI and waist size. Details at www.bellyfatlossng.com Like us on face for free eBook titled “4 flat belly foods” at www.facebook.com/bellyfatlossng

Re: Weight And Health Profile by jannzy82: 9:05am On Jun 22, 2017
I have always found the explanation of elevated systolic versus elevated diastolic blood pressure somewhat dissatisfying. For example, we know that during exercise it is normal for the systolic pressure to increase considerably while the increase in diastolic is much more modest. Obviously the two pressures are measuring two different things. Why then should we not consider that an abnormal independent increase in one or the other represents two different kinds of disease which require two different types of treatment? If you're in doubt how high the blood pressure should be during activity, input your numbers in blood pressure calculator to check whether you're in good shape or not. If not, some actions are due.
I'm sorry to say that I think the "blood pressure" issue (high blood pressure -- HBP) is such a "cash cow" to the medical profession, that you are never really going to get a full and fair assessment of the true risks, therein.

Granted, there are true risks on HBP. But I think these are often distorted for "economic reasons" benefiting the health care industry.

(1) (Reply)

We Are One Among The Best Bakery,kitchen Consultant And Equipments / Sodexo Employee Benefits And Rewards Services In India / We Supply Restaurants And Caterers Dried Vegetables

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.