Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,823 members, 7,798,789 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Finsbury Park Mosque Was Notorious As A Haven For Islamist Terrorists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Finsbury Park Mosque Was Notorious As A Haven For Islamist Terrorists (682 Views)

Muslims Try To Save Christians When Islamist Terrorists Storm Kenyan School Pic / Praying In Street Of PARIS After Mosque Was Shut Down Last Month / One Year After Islamist Terrorists Attacked France. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finsbury Park Mosque Was Notorious As A Haven For Islamist Terrorists by cristianisraeli: 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2017
FINSBURY PARK Mosque, which has a history of links to terrorism worldwide, has tried in recent years to change its image to the outside world under new management.
The mosque, which is housed in a five-storey building next to Finsbury Park tube station in the London borough of Islington in north London, was opened in 1994 in a ceremony attended by Prince Charles.
The mosque became notorious when Abu Hamza al-Masri became the imam in 1997. Hamza, who had one eye and no hands and used hook devices, lied that the injuries were suffered when he fought for al-Qaeda against Russian forces in Afghanistan.

He preached a strict interpretation of Islamic law and was outspoken about acts of terrorism.
In a sermon he spoke about the need for Jihad: “Allah likes those who believe in Him who kill those who do not believe in Him. Allah likes that. So if you Muslims don’t like that because you hate the blood, there is something wrong with you.”
The mosque became a meeting point for militant Islam’s most notorious figures. Zacarias Moussaoui, 9/11’s alleged 20th hijacker, and shoe bomber Richard Reid, were among those to attend the mosque.
Hazam was suspended from Finsbury Park Mosque in April 2002 and sacked in February 2003 by the Charity Commission, a government body that regulates charities in England and Wales.
More than 100 officers from London Metropolitan Police raided and shut down the mosque in 2003 over the alleged bioterrorism plot to attack the London Underground rail system.

Hamza continued to preach his particular Islamist rhetoric outside the mosque until he was arrested in 2004 by police on charges of acts of terrorism. The terrorism charges were dropped but Hamza was kept in jail as US authorities sought his extradition.
Hazam was then charged by UK authorities with 15 various offences, including encouraging the killing of non-Muslims, and intent to incite racial hatred. He was found guilty of 11 charges in February 2006 and jailed for seven years.
After a lengthy extradition battle, Hamza was found guilty in New York in May 2014 of conspiring in a deadly kidnapping of 16 Western tourists in Yemen in 1998, trying to set up an al-Qaeda training camp in Oregon and aiding al-Qaeda. Hamza, a former strip club bouncer, also revealed his injuries were received at an al-Qaeda training camp in Pakistan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wimlNOjq1k

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/finsbury-park-mosque-links-to-radical-islamic-terrorism/news-story/a568aac3ccd955868bca1f1a8c792812

Re: Finsbury Park Mosque Was Notorious As A Haven For Islamist Terrorists by cristianisraeli: 3:38pm On Jun 20, 2017
The disclosures that hardline Islamists practised with Kalashnikov AK-47s at the Finsbury Park mosque in north London underline the pivotal role that Britain has played in the recruitment of volunteers to fight alongside Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda group all over the world

suspects linked to the mosque

* Richard Reid - British-born Reid tried to detonate a shoebomb on a transatlantic flight from Paris to Miami in late 2001, but was overpowered by passengers as he tried to ignite the explosives. He was later jailed for life by an American court.

* Zacarias Moussaoui - a French Moroccan, Moussaoui is the only person to have been charged in the US over the 9/11 attacks. He claimed he was not part of the 9/11 plot itself, but of a wider conspiracy to attack the White House and said he was personally chosen by Osama bin Laden for a plot to crash planes into US buildings.

* Kamel Bourgass - an Algerian, also known as Nadir Habra, Bourgass was convicted last year of conspiracy to cause a public nuisance over an alleged plot to manufacture the deadly poison ricin. After a raid on the flat in Wood Green, north London, at the centre of the plot, Bourgass fled and went into hiding at a flat in Manchester. He stabbed Detective Constable Stephen Oake to death and seriously injured three other police officers as he tried to escape. He has been jailed for life. Bourgass was dossing down there in the weeks before his attempts to make ricin were discovered. Senior security sources believe it is "more than likely" he met Hamza.

* Feroz Abbasi - he is thought to have worshipped at the mosque, before allegedly being sent by Hamza to attend terror training camps in Afghanistan. Abbasi, from Croydon, south London, was later detained as an "enemy combatant" and sent to the US naval detention base at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba. He returned to Britain last year and after being questioned by police, was released without charge.

* Abu Doha - an Algerian, whose real name is Amar Makhlulif, Doha, who is also known as The Doctor, was arrested in February 2001 trying to leave Heathrow for Saudi Arabia on a fake passport. He is still fighting extradition to US over the alleged "millennium plot" to blow up an airport in Los Angeles. According to US, Doha won permission from Osama bin Laden to set up the Khalden terror training camp in Afghanistan where hundreds of Algerian terrorists emerged from. He then based himself in London where Finsbury Park mosque was a focal point for the Algerian community.

* Rabah Kadre - Kadre, known as "Toufik", took over control of the Abu Doha network when the boss was detained. Mohamed Meguerba, Bourgass's alleged co-conspirator in the ricin plot described meeting Kadre at Finsbury Park mosque. Kadre is now in jail in the UK fighting extradition to France over his alleged connections with other members of the Doha network, who allegedly plotted to blow up a Christmas market in Strasbourg.

* Djamel Beghal - he is said to have recruited Richard Reid, Zacarias Moussaoui and Nizar Trabelsi as suicide bombers at the Finsbury Park mosque. He was later arrested in Dubai and jailed over an alleged plot to attack the US Embassy in Paris. Beghal is now in jail in France. In a separate court case in the UK, prosecutors said that Beghal was so extreme he was once viewed as "beyond the pale" even by Osama bin Laden and al-Qaida.

* Nizar Trabelsi - a Tunisian ex-footballer who hung out at Finsbury Park mosque and volunteered to become a suicide bomber. He was later jailed in Belgium for plotting to attack the Kleine Brogel Nato airbase.

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/finsbury-park-mosques-terrorist-roll-call-6109711.html

Re: Finsbury Park Mosque Was Notorious As A Haven For Islamist Terrorists by cristianisraeli: 3:42pm On Jun 20, 2017
before anyone will come and say i hate islam NO and i dont support what darren osbnorne did by hitting people with his vehicle that were praying.all am saying is that mosque have been a centre of hate and crime for a very long time
Re: Finsbury Park Mosque Was Notorious As A Haven For Islamist Terrorists by cristianisraeli: 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
muslim should imigrate to muslim countries says the woman in the video and they shouldnt live in the land of the unbelievers...nor be me talk am oo

UNDERCOVER WORK IN THE UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQEO9Jx5cok
Re: Finsbury Park Mosque Was Notorious As A Haven For Islamist Terrorists by luvmijeje(f): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2017
cristianisraeli:
before anyone will come and say i hate islam NO and i dont support what darren osbnorne did by hitting people with his vehicle that were praying.all am saying is that mosque have been a centre of hate and crime for a very long time
Oga, you are mischievous. Whether you deny it or not, you're indirectly justifying the crime the guy committed. Let us be better than them just as Christ was.
Re: Finsbury Park Mosque Was Notorious As A Haven For Islamist Terrorists by cristianisraeli: 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2017
luvmijeje:

Oga, you are mischievous. Whether you deny it or not, you're indirectly justifying the crime the guy committed. Let us be better than them just as Christ was.

what do u know about whats happening around the world..because u stay in a place where u have freedom to do as u like abi..well its not like that in some places..some women are operessed if u like call me mischievous am glad u got the message i was passing across..u know what..muslims like liberal christians like u because they can play on ur liberal views...to them u are still an kuffar and an infidel...

no more political correctness for me...i threw that away long time ago....theres a war going on now around the world...but weak christians dont know..remember the pope wont send the crusaders anymore..if u even know what crusaders mean..yea better than christ was..but i refuse to turn my right cheek.u can..anyways i don talk my own
Re: Finsbury Park Mosque Was Notorious As A Haven For Islamist Terrorists by luvmijeje(f): 5:01pm On Jun 20, 2017
cristianisraeli:

what do u know about whats happening around the world..because u stay in a place where u have freedom to do as u like abi..well its not like that in some places..some women are operessed if u like call me mischievous am glad u got the message i was passing across..u know what..muslims like liberal christians like u because they can play on ur liberal views...to them u are still an kuffar and an infidel...

no more political correctness for me...i threw that away long time ago....theres a war going on now around the world...but weak christians dont know..remember the pope wont send the crusaders anymore..if u even know what crusaders mean..yea better than christ was..but i refuse to turn my right cheek.u can..anyways i don talk my own
I know more than you think. And I know it is getting harder everyday to turn the right cheek while already being slapped on the left cheek.

But sir, if you are not ready to turn that right cheek, you won't make heaven. Choosing to turn that right cheek is choosing Christ. Choosing not to allow your bitterness overshadow his commandments is choosing Him and choosing heaven.
Re: Finsbury Park Mosque Was Notorious As A Haven For Islamist Terrorists by cristianisraeli: 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2017
luvmijeje:

I know more than you think. And I know it is getting harder everyday to turn the right cheek while already being slapped on the left cheek.

But sir, if you are not ready to turn that right cheek, you won't make heaven. Choosing to turn that right cheek is choosing Christ. Choosing not to allow your bitterness overshadow his commandments is choosing Him and choosing heaven.

LOL ok..i hear u

go and read about lebanon...they showed christian love to the muslims..they let them in...the muslims started a civil war..killing christians...today a former full 100% christian country but now its a 55% muslim majority and 40% christians...LOL...u get it now...thats what christian love and turning the cheek got them
Re: Finsbury Park Mosque Was Notorious As A Haven For Islamist Terrorists by luvmijeje(f): 6:40pm On Jun 20, 2017
cristianisraeli:

LOL ok..i hear u

go and read about lebanon...they showed christian love to the muslims..they let them in...the muslims started a civil war..killing christians...today a former full 100% christian country but now its a 55% muslim majority and 40% christians...LOL...u get it now...thats what christian love and turning the cheek got them

Do you Nigeria was once 100% traditionalist. What happened? How did christianity becomes a major religion in Nigeria? Sir, Christianity is the fastest growing religion today, how was it possible without the use of gun.

Please stop being narrow minded. Ecclesiastes 9:18 says

18 Wisdom is better than weapons of war:
Re: Finsbury Park Mosque Was Notorious As A Haven For Islamist Terrorists by cristianisraeli: 7:01pm On Jun 20, 2017
luvmijeje:

Do you Nigeria was once 100% traditionalist. What happened? How did christianity becomes a major religion in Nigeria? Sir, Christianity is the fastest growing religion today, how was it possible without the use of gun.

Please stop being narrow minded. Ecclesiastes 9:18 says

18 Wisdom is better than weapons of war:

well, christianity is not a major religion in nigeria...its 50/50 between muslims and christians,ok...times have changed..and dont say am been narrow minded...lebanon would always be a case study for me...isis supporters are calling for attack on the west..why didnt day forgive and forget and move on..they want revenge..its easier to stay in southern nigeria and talk...do u know what ur fellow chritsians are going thru in the northern part of nigeria??christian women are been killed and used as sex slaves in some part of the world today...me am awake already..time will come when u will wake up as well

WAKE UP TO THE WAR' ISIS supporters use Finsbury Park mosque attack to make twisted call for more atrocities against the West
Messages sent between pro-ISIS supporters appeared online calling for fanatics to 'wake up' and seek revenge
Re: Finsbury Park Mosque Was Notorious As A Haven For Islamist Terrorists by luvmijeje(f): 7:27pm On Jun 20, 2017
cristianisraeli:

well, christianity is not a major religion in nigeria...its 50/50 between muslims and christians,ok...times have changed..and dont say am been narrow minded...lebanon would always be a case study for me...isis supporters are calling for attack on the west..why didnt day forgive and forget and move on..they want revenge..its easier to stay in southern nigeria and talk...do u know what ur fellow chritsians are going thru in the northern part of nigeria??christian women are been killed and used as sex slaves in some part of the world today...me am awake already..time will come when u will wake up as well

WAKE UP TO THE WAR' ISIS supporters use Finsbury Park mosque attack to make twisted call for more atrocities against the West
Messages sent between pro-ISIS supporters appeared online calling for fanatics to 'wake up' and seek revenge

So your solution is for Christians to be radicalized.

What's happening to christians especially in Northern Nigeria is unfortunate.

In my local church, we are trying trying to raise 1 million for those displaced. I know it's not much but it's something. But as Christians, we can and we are also putting pressure on the government to do more in terms of security.

But preaching an eye for an eye is unchristianly.
Re: Finsbury Park Mosque Was Notorious As A Haven For Islamist Terrorists by cristianisraeli: 7:35pm On Jun 20, 2017
luvmijeje:

So your solution is for Christians to be radicalized.

What's happening to christians especially in Northern Nigeria is unfortunate.

In my local church, we are trying trying to raise 1 million for those displaced. I know it's not much but it's something. But as Christians, we can and we are also putting pressure on the government to do more in terms of security.

But preaching an eye for an eye is unchristianly.

well u guys are doing great...1million is alot of money...thats not my solution..my solution is for christians to wake up and be vigilant..simple..christians are always emotional..but these other guys are not..they will capitalize on ur liberal views and before u know it...it hits u..its not a crime to call for christians to wake up

read this https://www.nairaland.com/3867107/correcting-lies-what-truly-started

(1) (Reply)

Oyedepo Takes Salvation Message To Oju-ore,ota Market / How To Find Prayer Times NYC For Muslim Community / Fomwan National Amirah Meets Firdaus, The Embattled Law Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.