Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging (4114 Views)

Which Content Aggregrator Website To Submit Blog URL / Pls Which Option Is Better For Blogging / I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by CosmicJames(m): 11:16am On Jun 22, 2017
CocoBee:

N1k/month? Hope it's not a Nigerian web hosting company, I visited WordPress.org the other time to see if I could create a site with them. My chest started paining me when I realised To host a site on host gator is around 5-7k or so. After your first discount. Then I say where you're to pay a ridiculous amount of dollars for 100 visits per month unlimited bandwidth and bla blah.. Moreover I think if you want to blog just as a hobby, or want to make money from after 3years. . go for Blogger. And you're talking about Real biz, I thought Linda was on blogger.. And has 50% shares of blogging. Lol.
It all depends on what you want and how you want it. Starting small mean that you stay within your reach and grow from there.
I'm talking about Nigerian hosting companies.

You are talking about Linda. Do you know what went on in Linda's head and mind the day Google decided to shot her blog down?
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by princebrainlord(m): 11:42am On Jun 22, 2017
For me, after WordPress it's Blogger. To some point I even prefer blogger to WordPress considering some some disadvantages. You have touch to worry about using WordPress, even too much of plugins may cause your site to be misbehaving, trust me I've been the before.

Not only that;

Webhosting, if you are planning to grow big then you need to spend big atleast buy a good Webhosting with enough bandwidth that can sustain up to 5k visitors per month, I'm sure you all knw how much that costs. Some will say it's not that expensive but always know that the lower the price of the Webhosting company you wanna buy from the higher the chances of your site crashing down either saying bandwidth exceeded or loading very slow or even saying internal server error.

All this doesn't happen on blogger, and many people do say you have full control over your blog, that's true but you can still get almost everything done on blogger as well if you know how to surf with the right codes. Atleast my blog[b]( http://www.fancybloggertricks.com)[/b] is powered by blogger and I redesigned my theme, I can place ads anywhere, add star rating, add 4 ad spaces in one widget and many more.

On blogger yyou don't need to worry about Webhosting, they provide enough. So if you are still a beginner or you don't wanna spend too much cash on you blog or website and wants to make cool cash, then go for blogger. But if youve got the cash go for WordPress.

No doubt WordPress is still the best but to me I prefer blogger..... Feel free to fire back if you disagree with anything I've said
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by vivaAfrica: 12:03pm On Jun 22, 2017
CocoBee:
WordPress is a no go area for someone without a stable white collar job. How can sombori be paying thousands of naira every month for common hosting not to talk of even security yet! Because Blogger is free that's why it ain't up to standard yet. If we were to pay for it like WordPress I think it would have better services to render.

Am using Blogger to power this www.lavivaafrica.com
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2017
CosmicJames:

It all depends on what you want and how you want it. Starting small mean that you stay within your reach and grow from there.
I'm talking about Nigerian hosting companies.

You are talking about Linda. Do you know what went on in Linda's head and mind the day Google decided to shot her blog down?

Lol. Abi, I thought of that too. WordPress is the best if I would say. And Linda is one in a million (in terms of making it big without any SEO, meta tags, custom domain of template etc. And then getting her site back after its take down. She's very lucky and Google listened to her because she had already made it big and was influencial.. No wonder Jide is very careful with his blog before them do am strong things! Thanks for ur response, I think I know where to put my head
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by obawinner(m): 1:57pm On Jun 22, 2017
Afam4eva:

Do you want to experiment just for the heck of it because i can drop names for you. But if you're ooking for the best, look no further than Wordpress. no blog CMS comes close.
Experiment No, i needed a CMS that i can also include a database design(mysqli php).
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by bedfordng(m): 8:07am On Jun 23, 2017
Julius2214:

Blogger is not a CMS
then what is it. is it not used to manage content. blogger is a privately owned content management system . just because it doesn't require installation like wp doesn't mean it is not a cms. there are lots of.privately owned cms which you may know but didn't see it as cms. no go fall hand outside with this statement .
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2017
vivaAfrica:

[color=#770077] Could not locate remote server
You tried to access the address
http://www.lavivaafrica.com/ , which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
Make sure your internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working. [#770077]
Re: Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 23, 2017
vivaAfrica:

Could not locate remote server
You tried to access the address
http://www.lavivaafrica.com/ , which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
Make sure your internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How much does it cost to design a website / Reasons Why A Blog Is Important For Your Career And Life / Are Keywords Still Powerful And Effective In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.