Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,474 members, 7,781,383 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:32 PM

Tips On How To Protect Your Smartphone During Rainy Season - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tips On How To Protect Your Smartphone During Rainy Season (870 Views)

How To Protect Your Social Media Accounts From Being Hacked / How To Protect Your Smartphones From Being Hacked: 9 Easy Steps / 7 Ways To Protect Your Smartphone Browser From Hackers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On How To Protect Your Smartphone During Rainy Season by criticalphone: 11:22am On Jun 21, 2017
The rainy season comes with its pros and cons, apart from not being able to move around comfortably. Ever since Infinix smartphones became a major part of everyone's lifestyle, the rain can be seen as a threat towards keeping your phone in a perfect condition. During the rainy season, a lot of people damage their smartphones as the rain drops sometimes find its way into smartphones through the open ports.

So when the sky turns dark and the streets get wet, Here are some basic tips to protect your smartphone.

Get a Waterproof Case
A waterproof cover provides the ultimate protection so you can use your phone without any worries. While looking for new covers, look for a waterproof cover that encloses the ports as well.

Don’t Use The Phone Unnecessarily
Most smartphone users are in constant habit of checking their smartphones after every few minutes for no reason at all. This increases the risk of getting your phone wet or even dropping in the flood.

Use A Headset
If you must use receive a call on your smartphone, use a Bluetooth/ Wireless Headsets. This tip is very helpful so as to keep your smartphone protected from rain drops.

In Case the phone gets wet:

Don't Charge the Phone:
When you charge a wet phone, it might result in a short-circuit. This will fry the internal circuit and the connections on the main board and it might eventually damage the phone.

Use a bowl of uncooked rice:
As soon as your phone gets wet, immediately power it off, wipe and drain excess water, remove the battery, SIM/SD card and store it in a bowl of uncooked rice. Leave it in the bowl of rice for a couple of days so as to draw the moisture out completely.

If you are unsure whether your phone has become completely dry or not, then you might need to visit any Carlcare centre (Only for Infinix Smartphones)

puskin, dragnet
Re: Tips On How To Protect Your Smartphone During Rainy Season by ishittu: 12:24pm On Jun 21, 2017
criticalphone:
The rainy season comes with its pros and cons, apart from not being able to move around comfortably. Ever since Infinix smartphones became a major part of everyone's lifestyle, the rain can be seen as a threat towards keeping your phone in a perfect condition. During the rainy season, a lot of people damage their smartphones as the rain drops sometimes find its way into smartphones through the open ports.

So when the sky turns dark and the streets get wet, Here are some basic tips to protect your smartphone.

Get a Waterproof Case
A waterproof cover provides the ultimate protection so you can use your phone without any worries. While looking for new covers, look for a waterproof cover that encloses the ports as well.

Don’t Use The Phone Unnecessarily
Most smartphone users are in constant habit of checking their smartphones after every few minutes for no reason at all. This increases the risk of getting your phone wet or even dropping in the flood.

Use A Headset
If you must use receive a call on your smartphone, use a Bluetooth/ Wireless Headsets. This tip is very helpful so as to keep your smartphone protected from rain drops.

In Case the phone gets wet:

Don't Charge the Phone:
When you charge a wet phone, it might result in a short-circuit. This will fry the internal circuit and the connections on the main board and it might eventually damage the phone.

Use a bowl of uncooked rice:
As soon as your phone gets wet, immediately power it off, wipe and drain excess water, remove the battery, SIM/SD card and store it in a bowl of uncooked rice. Leave it in the bowl of rice for a couple of days so as to draw the moisture out completely.

If you are unsure whether your phone has become completely dry or not, then you might need to visit any Carlcare centre (Only for Infinix Smartphones)

lalasticlala mynd44

Nice tips
Re: Tips On How To Protect Your Smartphone During Rainy Season by koskilala: 6:20pm On Jun 21, 2017
This will really help this season
Re: Tips On How To Protect Your Smartphone During Rainy Season by criticalphone: 11:36am On Jun 22, 2017
koskilala:
This will really help this season

Sure
Re: Tips On How To Protect Your Smartphone During Rainy Season by Simbrave: 11:44am On Jun 22, 2017
Where can i get waterproof case for my Infinix phone
Re: Tips On How To Protect Your Smartphone During Rainy Season by criticalphone: 11:54am On Jun 22, 2017
Simbrave:
Where can i get waterproof case for my Infinix phone

If you ask me ,na who i go ask

I dey play ni oo... Check Computer village but i doubt
Re: Tips On How To Protect Your Smartphone During Rainy Season by SleekMadam: 9:30am On Jun 29, 2017
Nice tips, the rice thing works truly. My phantom fell inside water and I dipped it in a bag of rice, now it's working fine
Re: Tips On How To Protect Your Smartphone During Rainy Season by saemmanuev: 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2017
SleekMadam:
Nice tips, the rice thing works truly. My phantom fell inside water and I dipped it in a bag of rice, now it's working fine

i thought the dipping inside rice is a myth ni oo
Re: Tips On How To Protect Your Smartphone During Rainy Season by Ennyholar: 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2017
Nice one
Re: Tips On How To Protect Your Smartphone During Rainy Season by criticalphone: 11:45am On Jun 30, 2017
saemmanuev:

it works
Re: Tips On How To Protect Your Smartphone During Rainy Season by SleekMadam: 5:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
saemmanuev:

It's not o, works like magic
Re: Tips On How To Protect Your Smartphone During Rainy Season by criticalphone: 1:59pm On Jul 05, 2017
SleekMadam:

It's not o, works like magic

Yes it does

(1) (Reply)

Gadget Hub Is Offering U A Brand New Apple Iphone 7 Plus 128GB Plus Bluetooth / Mobile Phones: Removable Batteries Vs Non-removables. / The Iphone X Worth 1829$ 660k omg?answer Is No!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.