Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,810 members, 7,806,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria (32205 Views)

First Bank Reacts To Failed Robbery Incident At Abuja Branch / Stress Test: Banks In Secret Merger Talks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by bumi10(m): 11:35am On Jun 21, 2017
Forth largest telecom company in Nigeria, Etisalat Nigeria on Tuesday wrote to its staff after the take over by a consortium of banks.

Chief Executive of Etisalat Nigeria, Mathew Willsher, in a memo, acknowledged the challenging business outlook for the company in the wake of the development.

He added that negotiations allowed the refocus of its energies on the financial, operational and strategic priorities to help the company emerge better and stronger from its current position.

Titled: “A Message From the CEO”

Willsher said since February, most staff were understandably anxious about the future of the company and the place of the workers in it. He alao said he was proud that the staff continued to apply their strengths in service, results and internal support to move the business forward on a daily basis.
“Our renegotiation with the banks are not yet over.

But, our shareholding structure is evolving,” he said. “This morning (Tuesday) Etisalat UAE notified the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange of the forthcoming transfer of their shares to the appointed security trustee of the banks. The exact nature and timing of the transfer is still under discussion.

“But, we still expect the final transfer to be done in a coordinated manner.”

According to Daily Post, he said discussions were equally ongoing to address the different management, technical and internet protocol-related implications of the move, including the continued use of the Etisalat brand name to trade in Nigeria.

Wilsher assured that business would continue to operate, considering that planned exits was expected to be carried out with the banks, industry regulators and other interest groups. He noted that Etisalat’s immediate priority was to ensure there were no disruptions to its daily business operations.

“In spite of the changes that lie ahead, we aim to maintain continuity through our focus, capabilities and values. “We will continue to focus on the customer. Our commitment to delivering results through innovation, operational excellence and quality of service will endure.

“We will also be guided by our core values of passion for excellence, integrity, one team one mission, growing our people and empowering our people.”
Wilsher urged the staff to join their various leadership teams for briefing sessions in all offices across the country, to help answer their questions on what the changes mean to them and the business.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/06/telecom-giants-etisalat-nigeria-reacts.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 21, 2017
That's the Etisalat spirit

12 Likes

Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by Dannieln1: 11:59am On Jun 21, 2017
Wallahi didn't read that epistles

Only came here for STC

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by tollytexy(m): 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2017
Dannieln1:
Wallahi didn't read that epistles

Only came here for STC

unfortunately you're not the FCT.. Horbi!

7 Likes

Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by ayatt(m): 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2017
so what should we do now?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by nony43(m): 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2017
Una Data is expensive gon

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2017
so it true
Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by MykellOni(m): 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2017
I hope they resolve dis ooo

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by seXytOhbAd(m): 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2017
I will be kind to give those who did not read the epistle a summary.

Summary: The takeover by the group of banks in Nigeria is almost completed. The future remains uncertain especially as the brand name Etisalat is not owned by the company in Nigeria. ( Think Econet, Celtel, Zain). The CEO knows that his tenure is at its endpoint and thanks the staff for helping out.

May the Almighty provide jobs for those about to be affected.

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by sweetjim(m): 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2017
better

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by ClintonNzedimma(m): 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2017
Make on a kuku lemme know whether I go buy new sim card
Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by reel14: 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2017
eeyah!!! my company has been bought over.
lets see if there would be downsizing
Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by slamkobe(m): 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2017
them be SUNDERLAND JOOOR. RELEGATION NETWORK.

3 Likes

Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2017
Any thread that does not contain Biafra is useless to me. Shameless Nigeria

In the other news, no elections in Anambra state. They should expect empty ballot boxes on that day
Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by Kakamorufu(m): 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2017
Etisalat must stay. Abeg don't do me like dis naw

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by tesppidd: 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2017
He wrote to the staff! But I think what the staff really want to hear is not specified in that letter. Will or will they not be sacked?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by Philinho(m): 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2017
When d snake's head is off,it doesn't stopped it from dragging.At least for a while b4 it goes into a final silence. Etisalat is dragging for survival. I pray they survive though

3 Likes

Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by Samusu(m): 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2017
Chemical reactions from all angles. Banks too will soon react, then in couple of weeks coming, we shall know who's reaction is the baddest.

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by noziz(m): 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2017
abeg i no read somebody pls explain wetin dem talk
Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by zeeyen4all(m): 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2017
Who cares?
Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by Onyinye15(f): 1:07pm On Jun 21, 2017
In spite of the changes that lie ahead, we aim to maintain continuity through our focus, capabilities and values. “We will continue to focus on the customer. Our commitment to delivering results through innovation, operational excellence and quality of service will endure.

Oga I hope this will not affect my people working with Etisalat?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by Segadem(m): 1:08pm On Jun 21, 2017
Goodnews to some folks while it is bad for others
Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by SalamRushdie: 1:08pm On Jun 21, 2017
We wish them well
Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by daramsont(m): 1:08pm On Jun 21, 2017
Who Etisalat epp? Glo all the way.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by jericco1(m): 1:09pm On Jun 21, 2017
At last.
Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by talk2hb1(m): 1:09pm On Jun 21, 2017
Aye! Aye!! Captain

Business SMS at https://www.sms2profit.com
Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by anonyguy: 1:10pm On Jun 21, 2017
Etisalat is going down going down embarassed cry

Meanwhile My canon t4i 650D is for sale with 18-55mm lens, two batteries, and a free bag.

Check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3846713/canon-t4i-650d-sale
Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
naija which way..
Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
And to think that they recently introduced double data promo in these trying times is just confusing.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Reacts To Take Over By Banks In Nigeria by jayjayjones: 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
Contacting my team to see how we can bail etisalat out of this....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Scammed By Fake Bank Representatives Who Promised 1 Million - Pictures / Allen Onyema’s Company, Springfield Aviation Dissolved In U.S / Pee-Links Electronics Lokoja On Fire In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.