Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

The Wedding Night - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Wedding Night (92488 Views)

***wedding Night*** / (episode Final) My Wedding Night / My Wedding Night (episode 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wedding Night by degelinglacis: 8:47am On Sep 06, 2017
Thastie:
Loving it grin
I like Adetayo
Team Tayọ & Stella grin

I don't like Stella cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Wedding Night by Ehi07(f): 2:26pm On Sep 06, 2017
Well done OP! Am officially a fan grin

2 Likes

Re: The Wedding Night by Jane1234f(f): 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2017
Nice update

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Thastie(f): 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2017
degelinglacis:

*roll eyes* cheesy cheesy

Let's have this on FP........ Mynd44
Re: The Wedding Night by queenitee(f): 9:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
feels good to be back
Re: The Wedding Night by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 10:10pm On Sep 06, 2017
queenitee:
feels good to be back
I miss u o i no see ur miss calls again

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by lettruthprevail: 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2017
degelinglacis:

I have followed your story since you mentioned me. It's been days now, when do you plan on updating?.

2 Likes

Re: The Wedding Night by itsandi(m): 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2017
Interesting story! Read other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Twinkle004(f): 11:36pm On Sep 11, 2017
Thanks for the update but degelinglacis it taking too long

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by sulips(f): 9:34am On Sep 13, 2017
Good work dedelinglacis, I love the story line, ride on dear.

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by piroux(f): 1:51pm On Sep 13, 2017
Great story! Where are the updates oh? Please get to Tunga and Amenze's part fast fast. I can't wait...

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Ehi07(f): 12:29pm On Sep 14, 2017
Please is deir anywhere I can buy the story? Ebook. Tired of waiting for update sad

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by degelinglacis: 8:53pm On Sep 14, 2017
Chapter Three

He had thought everything was going well once he settled her in his car and she was breathing fine and moaning on how Adetunga maltreated her.
"He's so mean" she said wiping away the tears.
He didn't know how he should console her. Left to him, it was a good thing his brother was showing more resistance. With time it would sink into her head that Adetunga was off limit. Maybe then she would be able to think things through and realised that he cared about her.
"He humiliated me" she sobbed more, he gave her another of his handkerchiefs which she blew into and wiped her eyes with.

Adetayo wondered how long this theatrics would last. He was fed up seriously. Her lines were beginning to bore him; he humiliated me, he's mean blah blah. She should know that she brought it upon herself. Spending months chasing an unwilling man was plain stupidity. Even men don't do that! They move on after weeks. Well, he hardly spent weeks going after women. But with Stella, he kept telling himself it was because she was oblivious to his feelings. He couldn't bring himself to start telling a woman he loved her. His methods were simple; send gifts, do favours and light touches and they end up in bed together. But Stella was playing dumb.

He just hoped she’d remain quiet about his elusive brother and worry more about her health. But he had no such luck. Her next words sent him over the edge and he became angry. His brother was not here, it was him Adetayo that was there for her.
"Why won't he want me? I'm beautiful and........."
"Because you’re a hopeless dreamer. A blind one. Adetunga has never misled you concerning his feelings. But you Stella, you are a manipulator and a liar to yourself. Keep dreaming and watch other men who has shown interest in you disappear" he was almost shaking in anger
"How dare you talk to me that way?” she demanded.

He raised an eyebrow at the force of her anger. She was boiling from head to toe and her chest was heaving as she struggled with the tears that kept flowing.

Adetayo was used to female tears. Hell, it was Adetomilola's best weapon to disarm their older brother whenever he made some rules she was not comfortable with. All she had to do was turn on the waterworks and she would get away with anything she desires. And if Stella thought her tears would stop him from giving her a reality check then she was in for a long thing.
"I'm only telling you the truth, I don't want to see you hurt and......"
"I don't need your truth. I don't want it. And you have no right to insult me. Calling me a liar and a manipulator, how dare you? You're jealous, that is it" she screamed

The rest of their trip to the hospital was quite and strained. Stella was still furious over the way Adetayo had insulted her and Adetayo's face was cast in stone. He was annoyed with himself. He shouldn't have allowed his anger got over him. That was not a way to woo a woman and he better start amending the damages.
"Stella" he called but it was only a wheezing sound he heard. Turning his head to stare at her, he saw her shaking hands and her paled face.
Adetayo paced the confines of the waiting room, his head bent in regret. He shouldn't have shouted at her, he should have consoled her of pushing her into another emotional stress. The doctor had said stress worsened her symptoms. She was alone on the hospital bed looking fragile with the cannula in her hand. He checked his watch again its been an hour he called Chief Banjo, the man had sounded nonchalant about his daughter's health. He claimed he was busy and wouldn't be able to come over. When Adetayo casually told him it was only 8:00pm and Lagos was only an hour to where they were. The man went into a rant about how Stella was a foolish girl who could not take care of herself. How difficult was it to avoid an allergy? To avoid being sick. The Chief claimed he hasn't been to the hospital in the past thirty years. Adetayo without ending the call, place the phone in his back pocket. Let the man rant to his rear.
Damn it, how could he not care? He no longer had a father, but he knew if it was him lying on a bed sick and his father was still living he would be with him all through.
"Adetayo, how is she?”
Adetayo looked up to see Adetunga striding into the waiting room, he hadn't changed out of his office clothes. But then he had not either. He was glad to have him here.
Adetayo briefly embraced his brother and the two sat down to talk.
“I don’t know. She's just there on the bed looking sick. I was told to wait here till she's awake"
“What happened?”Adetunga asked
"She was all alone in the rest room when I found her. She had an asthmatic attack" he explained
"Oh God" he groaned bringing out his phone to inform Stella's father.
Adetayo saw the contact his brother was about to dial and he stopped him
"I already called him. He said he wouldn't be coming"
Adetayo decided it was best he didn't tell Adetunga Chief Banjo exact words.
Adetunga was not surprised, he knew how unfeeling the old man was towards his children. He was more passionate about his business and having a new woman on his arm every month. When it comes to women, the man had a discipline of a suckling baby boy. He changes his spouse biannually and women being women kept chasing a man who had difficulty in honoring a sacred vow.
"How long has she been in there?" Adetunga asked him
"Almost two hours" he answered
"Have you had anything to eat?"
"How could I possibly eat when she is there......" he stopped himself when he saw Adetunga staring at him like he was a newly discovered creature.
"I was the one who upset her and it led to her attack"
Adetunga stared at his babbling brother. He knew it was more than that. Was Stella seducing his brother too? Well he couldn't put it past her and her conniving father. Maybe the order was to get a Ademoroti. Any of the two brothers would do for whatever plans they had. It was time to send his brother back to the clinic while he would endure the remaining if the six months Stella would be staying in his office. He could even give her a two month sick leave. He was still mulling when he heard someone called "Mr Ademoroti". Adetayo was already on his feet facing the nurse.
"Miss Stella is awake. The doctor is with her. You can come too" the nurse said to them.
They followed her into the private ward where Stella was occupying. She was on the bed with her weave on disarrayed. With her face devoid of make up, she looked small and fragile that even Adetumga felt something shift inside of him. She just survived another attack alone without her family but the support of strangers.
"Miss Banjo" the doctor began "try to manage your stress level you know it's a serious asthma trigger. Keep your inhaler closer to you. Always have one in your pocket" the woman continued with her health talk while Stella nodded.
The doctor turned to the two brothers and told them to ensure Stella rest well before she goes back to walk.
"How old are you?" the woman asked her
"Twenty two" Stella replied
The woman scribbled down some words and told them to drop by at the nurses' station before they take her home.
"Thank you" Stella smiled thinly at them before asking if they have contacted her father. It was Adetunga who quickly lied about the network been terrible since morning, while Adetayo cleared his throat and said
"Stella, I am sorry I said those awful words to you"
That thin smile again "It's fine. I understand you are just telling me truth. Your brother dislike me and I have been acting like a ninny. Thank you for saving me"
Adetunga suddenly felt guilty for whatever wrong he had done to this slip of a girl. She was not even his sister' s age and he cringed remembering the many hurtful words he hauled at her since the first day she came to his office. And to be honest he didn't dislike her but her father who loved using people and thought he could buy him. She was probably a pawn in her father's scheme.
He went over to the side of her bed, mustering a sober look "Stella I do not dislike you. I'm sorry if I have made you feel that way"
And she was in his arms sobbing "you're so mean" while Adetunga kept promising her things would change. They would become friends etc etc etc
After the last drop of her tears dried away, they left the hospital with Stella still hanging on Adetunga's shoulder. He would take her home and ensured she rest well.
Adetayo looked on in sadness as the duo drove off. What could have been his heroic moment was spoiled by his brother.
If only he had not call his brother tonight.
If only he had made his intentions known to Adetunga.
If only he had told Stella he loved her in the car instead of allowing his emotions to take over.
With a heart filled with what ifs he drove over to his sister's place.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Wedding Night by Honeydawealth(f): 9:09pm On Sep 14, 2017
Degelinglacis u're sooooooo good! Thumbs up!

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by horlah1(f): 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2017
An interesting piece sis...
More wisdom to u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Wedding Night by queenitee(f): 1:35pm On Sep 15, 2017
I love this

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by iiru: 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2017
nice one

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Pearl05(f): 7:25pm On Sep 15, 2017
When will our amanze enter the picture?

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by degelinglacis: 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2017
Pearl05:
When will our amanze enter the picture?

O su mi o
Re: The Wedding Night by Twinkle004(f): 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2017
degelinglacis thank you for reconsidering ..

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by degelinglacis: 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
Twinkle004:
degelinglacis thank you for reconsidering ..

Reconsider what ma'am?
Re: The Wedding Night by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 1:47am On Sep 16, 2017
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Pearl05(f): 7:03am On Sep 16, 2017
degelinglacis:

O su mi o

Weldon ma. Abeg don't delay in bringing the next. Who are you preserving for Amen? Adetunga ? Dayo?

Please hasten their steps for their path to cross.

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by degelinglacis: 7:12am On Sep 16, 2017
Pearl05:

Weldon ma. Abeg don't delay in bringing the next. Who are you preserving for Amen? Adetunga ? Dayo?

Please hasten their steps for their path to cross.

"was time to send his brother back to the clinic while he would endure the remaining if the six months Stella would be staying in his office"

Already hastened their meeting

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Pearl05(f): 8:20am On Sep 18, 2017
degelinglacis:

"was time to send his brother back to the clinic while he would endure the remaining if the six months Stella would be staying in his office"

Already hastened their meeting

Ha madam, where our update nau.

3 Likes

Re: The Wedding Night by Ehi07(f): 8:16pm On Sep 19, 2017
Pleaseeeeeee update cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by piroux(f): 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2017
Pls come and update now.

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by itsandi(m): 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2017
Interesting story! Read other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Lildiamond: 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2017
Pls more update

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Gloryejims(f): 8:33am On Sep 23, 2017
You make us forget the storyline b4 updating... If you can't continue the story please let us know... I have to read the last 2 episode to know what the story is about everytime you update... It's not nice Ohhh... If you're facing challenges let your readers know about it so they can reduce the pressure on you not just going mute on us... It's not nice

5 Likes

Re: The Wedding Night by degelinglacis: 9:44pm On Sep 23, 2017
Adetayo leaned back into the lush blue leather chair in his sister's apartment. Showered and dressed, he was silently seething at the knowledge that another man's clothes now reside in Adetomilola's wardrobe, beside his own. He'd gone through them hoping the size and cologne could point to the culprit but all he came up with was his physical attribute; tall, rich and broad chested. Mentally flipping through their acquaintances, almost all of them fit into the profile. He only hoped the man-----whoever he was knew her value and treated her well. His anger shifted from the mysterious man to himself. Everyone now had a life except him. Stella finally had Adetunga, Adetomilola and her X man. And he was girlfriend-less, fiancee-less and very lonely. Give it two years more, he would be butted out of his siblings lives completely replaced by their spouse and children.

Before the past years when she had no boyfriend, he and Adetunga dropped by at any hour of the day, ransacked her fridge grabbing drinks and cake. The cake in her fridge was half eaten by the X man, and it hurts knowing that. Now they have to sought her permission. Even Adetunga had returned the extra key, it was him who had stubbornly refused. It was clear they were no longer her focus. She was creating a new family for herself. Everyone was except him.

It seemed something was wrong with him. He'd never been in a relationship with any lady. He saw them as a waste of time and resources. During his university days, it was him and his books. The few night parties he went to was with Adetomilola. She loved partying and if they were in good terms, she would dragged him to a birthday bash or some other celebrations. He grinned remembering those years. It was five years already. His weekend were loaded with parties. They travelled as far as the north while Adetunga would be fretting like a mother hen. Until she started having relations with those sore losers leading to their many fights and he locking her out. He stopped calling, stopped shopping for clothes with her. When was the last time he sent her a birthday gift? He couldn't even remember. He'd been an ass and jealous. That was it. Jealous that his twin could fall in love while he was stuck with females that only wanted him for his good looks and being the younger brother of Adetunga. He'd slept with many, it was fun in the beginning and the feeling had dwindled now that he finally met the woman he hoped to spend the rest of his days with and she didn't want him, he felt empty
Why did he have to fall in love with a woman who was chasing another? Fate was completely unkind, why did it have to be Stella who had his heart humming? Should he call his brother and tell him? One thing was certain Adetunga will not approved because to him; Stella was not good for any man, that was why he had been lipped tight about his feelings. And there was that thought lying low in his mind. The one he refused to dwell on. What if Adetunga spent the night with Stella? No, he wouldn't. Stella was sick. Or should he call him?

His thought was disrupted by the burst of the door. His sister stood in her uniform shocked and tired. He left his seat to reassure her there was no problem.
"Don't come near me until am clean. Let me change my uniform. Had a bad day" she huffed moving past him while he followed behind.
He watched her moved into the en suite bathroom. The shower ran for almost thirty minutes and she was still not out.
"Come out please" he begged
"Not done" she replied
He rolled his eyes "did you wash a dead body?"
"Something worse"
"Wound dressing?" he asked
"Yea"

The light conversation continued until she came out, her head wrapped in a huge towel. She sat before the mirror applying some mixtures on her face which was taking almost an hour. Adetayo groaned, coming to her place was a bad idea.
"So Tunga sent you to spy on me?" she asked
"No, I came here to talk"
She laughed "when was the last time you talk? You're always here to insult me"
Their eyes clashed in the mirror, she could see a hint of remorse flashed through him. He had damaged their relationship and he was going to repair it.
"I owe you an apology. I've been an idiot these past few years, ignoring our birthdays, fighting you. I was just being stupid"

He wished he could say more but words stalled him. He knew his apology would never be enough for the hurt words he hurled at her almost every time but he was ready to do whatever it takes to mend their friendship.
“I’ve been awful since the day I found out about your first boyfriend and I shouldn’t have been. I was wrong and I’m sorry. I should have shared my wisdom with you rather than the insults. I should have remember that we are different. I’ll do whatever needs to be done to make this right between us”
The stiff and formal air that normally appeared between the two whenever they were alone, disappeared.

Adetayo didn't remembered how they journeyed to the kitchen eating the leftovers while laughing hard at each other's gist. Adetomilola face still encased in her facial mask asked her brother if he was in a relationship. He spilled everything to her till the last details.
"So Stella went home with him?" she asked
He nodded yes.
"Trust me, nothing will happen between those two. Our brother is slow. He was overcome by pity that's why he took her home" Adetomilola told him

He believed her. Their brother had been careful since his disastrous marriage.

"Are you sure the lady is not one spoilt brat? Have met her father, I don't like him" Adetomilola said.
Chief Banjo was tall and thin, with greying black afro hair. The way he stared at her on that dinner night made her skin crawl. He leered at her like she was a piece of candy he wanted to devour.
"I don't like him too. The man only care about himself. I have taken my time to study Stella, she's just a bit spoilt"
Adetomilola rolled her eyes "a bit spoilt? Well, at the end of the day it's your choice. Take more time to study her" and she went on to lecture him on the attributes he should look out for. She gave him some tips on how to get Stella, at the end he was feeling better with himself.
"Now that I have helped you and I am going to keep it from Tunga, you have to help me too" Adetomilola said
"Please tell me this mysterious guy has no hunchback" he teased
"I did well this time" she grinned flipping through her phone until she found the picture they took at the beach. She showed him.

Adetayo stared at the familiar face but couldn't recall where he had met him. The man was handsome and in his prime better than her previous boyfriends
Who was he? He wondered
He must have said his thought aloud because she replied with "That's Rotimi, he was Tunga's friend and I am pregnant for him"
Adetayo was alarmed. There was no way his older brother would support the union. He had no idea why they fought. But it was a bitter one for Adetunga to have declined to partner with Rotimi, thereby losing a huge amount of money.

"I don't know what to say"
"I need your support. That's all"
"Do you know why they fought?" he asked her. He went through the many conversations he had with his brother in the past, none of it pointed to a reason why Adetunga fell out with his close friend.
"No but Rotimi said it's not serious" she answered and added "I'm scared. I love him so much and I love my brother too"
"Have you tried asking bro Dayo?" Adetayo asked her
"I did, but he wouldn't say. He said it's one of those things"
"It could be money or women. Don't worry, everything will be fine" he said drawing her into his warm embrace.
"So it's you and I against Tunga" Adetomilola grinned
"Yea, we are against the boss. Stella is mine and Rotimi is all yours" he said without remorse.

The twins had the decency to feel a little bit of guilt in their mind. From the day they had lost their parents, Adetunga had given them everything he owned selflessly and was always putting their happiness ahead of his. He'd been the only one for them till they found their feet. Adetayo knew the truth he should tell his sister and himself. Forcing Adetunga's hand with her pregnancy would definitely backfire and him marrying Stella would be difficult. Their brother would never support them. But they could at least live for the moment and worry about a future that was still uncertain. Adetomilola on her own part was worried about her baby, Rotimi was dragging his feet about seeing her brother. She knew whatever it was, was serious than her fiance was letting on. She only hoped that Adetunga would forgive him. And her.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Wedding Night by queenitee(f): 9:59pm On Sep 23, 2017
Ah ah, this is serious

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. / Entangled / Generation To Generations...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.