Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill (70022 Views)

Billionaire Kidnapper, Evans Loses In Court / Kidnapper, Evans Arraigned In Court (Photos) / Nigerian Excretes 1410.9 Grams Of Cocaine, Faces Death Penalty In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Prexblog(m): 6:09pm On Jun 21, 2017
The Lagos state Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode has signed into law, the state kidnapping prohibition bill, 2016 which prescribes Life Imprisonment or death penalty for the offence of Kidnapping and forceful extortion in Lagos State, meaning that the recently arrested kidnap kingpin, Chukwudubem Onwuamadike, a.k.a. Evans may get a life imprisonment or death penalty sentence.

The law provides for death penalty for kidnappers whose victims die in their custody, and life imprisonment for the act of kidnapping.

He said that kidnapping had become a major threat to the safety of residents and, therefore, required decisive action by the government.

“This law imposes a penalty of life imprisonment for kidnapping for ransom. “The law stipulates that, where a victim dies in the course of kidnapping, the suspect is liable on conviction to death. “Security is of utmost importance to our administration, and we are confident that this law will serve as a deterrent to anybody who may desire to engage in this wicked act within the boundaries of Lagos State. “Our justice system will be required to execute this law in absolute and make sure that any criminal caught faces the full wrath of the law,” he said.

Recall that Evans himself had advised kidnappers or intending ones to desist from the act, saying it does not pay any longer. He had said that if he can be caught, then nobody can escape the police being that the force has improved greatly in her anti-crime fight.

Evans, a  billionaire kidnap kingpin had successfully  coordinated and masterminded several high profile kidnappings and armed robberies within Lagos, Anambra and Enugu States. According to him, “My advise to them is that as they are watching me standing here with policemen, they should stop everything about that, it doesn’t pay.” He gave the advise to other kidnappers while leading police operatives to two houses in Ejigbo and Igando areas of Lagos state where he keeps his victims until huge ransoms are paid. According to him, he keeps most of his victims in the two houses for months. He said he even pays up to seven hundred thousand Naira, (700,000) yearly for a three bedroom flat çells’ where the victims are kept. Upon departure from Igando area Evans had opined, “The Nigeria Police is not what it is used to be. They are far more advanced than they were. If they could arrest me, there is no criminal they can’t arrest.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/evans-may-get-death-penalty-life-imprisonment-ambode-signs-bill-law/

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
Good for him

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by DONFRANSKID(m): 6:28pm On Jun 21, 2017
hmm speacheless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by serverconnect(m): 7:02pm On Jun 21, 2017
Lets be watching.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by 7footre(m): 7:04pm On Jun 21, 2017
Good riddiance if you ask me

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by yarimo(m): 7:05pm On Jun 21, 2017
That is very commendable from Governor AMBODE, Oya judges please do the needful grin

63 Likes

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by LUGBE: 7:10pm On Jun 21, 2017
It won't affect Evans, but will affect next kidnapper caught in the act, Nigeria laws does not adopt retrospective approaches.

251 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Fearlez: 7:18pm On Jun 21, 2017
Another Evans opportunistic thread seeking cheap publicity. A misleading title and old statute already passed by the Lagos state house of assembly.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Jirate(m): 8:41pm On Jun 21, 2017
LUGBE:
It won't affect Evans, but will affect next kidnapper caught in the act, Nigeria laws does not adopt retrospective approaches.

Evans started his nefarious activities in the East then came to Benin before ending in Eko, some of these other states already have Death Penalty since. Try him in Benin and it's the HangMan noose for him. cool

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by brunofarad(m): 9:59pm On Jun 21, 2017
Chai

So na like this this man go take just die like that shocked

After soiling his lineage for ever

Crime does not pay at all

#TeamLegit....... till baba God picks the call

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by TheHistorian(m): 9:59pm On Jun 21, 2017
grin
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Omeffa(f): 9:59pm On Jun 21, 2017
Na the normal sentence be that na... It's no news

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by jjjjj2017: 9:59pm On Jun 21, 2017
but there's no law for death penalty for those looting us dry & making life a hell for Nigerians?

I am not & will never be in support of kidnapping or any other form of crime.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 21, 2017
Welcome to Nigeria..... Don't be surprised if he's still a free man in 10 years time. Rev. King is still alive despite being accused as a murderer with Lotta evidences.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by oshe11: 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2017
u jst give us Evans news b4 we slip cos dere aint no news here
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by free2ryhme: 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2017
Vanguard , what is happening to your editors? Governor Ambode signed the anti-kidnapping bill into law three months ago. To some commentators here, don't you read the news? You mean you don't know when the bill was signed into law? No wonder a research carried out and published today shows that most Nigerians don't read.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by eleojo23: 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2017
How I wish that this kind of law will be enforced on the people who have been kidnapping our national wealth since 1960.

13 Likes

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Slai1: 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2017
Hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by free2ryhme: 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2017
Kidnappers should be thrown into lions den if they are found guilty no doubt fourteen days trial is enough to tackle this menace trust me.

Enough is enough to all this vices trust me the time has come to put a stop to all this menace to our society.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by ZorGBUooeh: 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2017
Am not in support of evans but did he sign the law before or after evans commit all his crime? undecided
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Originality007: 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2017
Evans 2019
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by kingthreatz: 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2017
Death penalty for Evans please

3 Likes

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by osile2012: 10:01pm On Jun 21, 2017
nice

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by ikp120(m): 10:01pm On Jun 21, 2017
undecided So the law was not even in force as at the time of his arrest? undecided undecided

That alone makes me doubt if he will be sentenced to death.

The law provides for death penalty for kidnappers whose victims die in their custody, and life imprisonment for the act of kidnapping.
This is also another clause any lawyer can exploit to beat death sentence because none of his victims died in their custody.

I don't support him. That's just my perspective.

1 Like

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Iloveafrica: 10:01pm On Jun 21, 2017
Please how can I comment on Nairaland?

6 Likes

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Nigeriadondie: 10:01pm On Jun 21, 2017
undecided
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by HONemmaEke: 10:01pm On Jun 21, 2017
please free the guy Evans

1 Like

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by Victornezzar: 10:01pm On Jun 21, 2017
Dats commendable from u sa
let other governors follow suit asap
Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by brightgreat(m): 10:01pm On Jun 21, 2017
Evans family should start #AnambraKidnapper campaign so that he can escape this one ooooo

1 Like

Re: Kidnapper Evans Faces Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment As Ambode Signs Bill by SirMichael1: 10:01pm On Jun 21, 2017
I'm pretty sure he is not gonna die there, one day he would be set free just like they do to other people. Corruption in Nigeria is too much and that's why I'd prefer the idiot to be hung or fired by firing squads. angry

People like this should be freed quickly from the earth to go suffer eternal damnation. Ara!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Life Inside Prison Looks Like (Photos, Video) / Trevor Noye Kidnaps "Racist" White Woman, Forces Her To Watch Program On Slavery / Chinyere Magella Ogudoro & Brother Burnt Alive By Husband,Benjamin Ogudoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.