Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) (38024 Views)

Nkem Owoh Visits Father Mbaka Adoration Ministry (Pictures) / Cee-C Joins Nollywood, On Set With Nkem Owoh And Rachael Okonkwo / Mike Ezuruonye, Nkem Owoh & Zoro Drinking Beer In Public Bar. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by Jamila05(f): 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
why must you involve Yoruba in your problem? I am a Yoruba gurl and you know what? I support biafra. pls learn how to act like a mature man
doublewisdom:
Everything about this man makes me laugh. grin grin grin
Watch ewedu eaters insult him for saying the truth.
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by ebenholer(m): 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

The gullible jobless people as well as agberos are roaming the streets and motor parks as well as omo niles in d west aka Afonjanistan. Some Afenifere are also clamouring for division only that Afonjas havr two mouths and seems not to know what they want.
undecided Hope soldiers would be deployed to other parts of Nigeria where fulanis have killed and maimed cos soldiers were deployed when Fulanis were killed in Taraba cos the lives of Fulanis are much more worth than the lives of other Nigerians?
Where are those people that condemn and atagonize Igbo agitations for Biafra?
Can't they see that some people are more Nigerians than other Nigerians? How long would people fool themselves with "One Nigeria" when the thread that holds the country is so thin and about to cut? Can one not see that there has never, there is and there will never be any basis for Nigeria's unity? Why live in a fools paradise and not realize that we can never be one? Why cant other people of the south realize that the only basis for "One Nigeria" is the domination of the north who have ruled for over 40 years out of Nigeria's 57 years of independence and are agitating to rule in 2019 or else heaven would fall? But they would channel all their strength and energy against d igbos and Biafra? Can't even d southerners realize that even the Middle Belt that had been used by d core north have now been wiser coupled with d fact that their land is now soaked with blood but the fulani mauraders with impunity? Have we asked what was thenaim of Late Gideon Orkar's coup. Pls google it.
Let us for a second remove hate at least for a second and reflect deeply.
Let us go back to history and see if there are lessons to be learnt cos in the words of Late Robert Nesta Marley "we cannot know where we are going if we do not know where we come from".
Watch the video below and see that d hatred of igbos did not start today. If inflammatory comments which d north has always made to cause problem and can come out of a leader then only a fool would want to continue with a doomed project that Nigeria is and would always be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihrJB7Lmx9I

This war for freedom can never be won through destructive criticism I read here, but can only be won through constructive one.
The first failed attempt to carve out Biafra was due to lack of cooperation of the Igbos with Yorubas. And this lack of cooperation is still persisting. I wish the Igbos will realize the only reasonable way to make headway on secession is by cooperating with their closest neighbours.
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by Nigeriadondie: 1:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
ebenholer:

This war for freedom can never be won through destructive criticism I read here, but can only be won through constructive one.
The first failed attempt to carve out Biafra was due to lack of cooperation of the Igbos with Yorubas. And this lack of cooperation is still persisting. I wish the Igbos will realize the only reasonable way to make headway on secession is by cooperating with their closest neighbours.
It is not true that before d war was fought igbos never sought d cooperation of the west rather they are never reliable allies who never show up at d H-hour.
Awolowo was in Enugu d month Biafra was declared
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by henryhemon(m): 1:45pm On Jun 22, 2017
FakoMaybach1:
OP not only is your headline a blatant lie, your translation has left out so many facts and decided to pick the ones u need for your sensational cause.

How i wish Osuofia could sue you for Libel with this your headline, Osuofia called for Intellectual discourse, he called for restructuring with peace, he only added that if after discussion we find that we as a nation cannot cohabit then Biafra can leave.

You have given sketchy translations and i find it distasteful, the agitation of Biafra should be based on truth, Justice and Equity; not lies or "Alternative facts"

Everything Osuofia said in this interview is what people have been echoing, we need to discuss on how to restructure Nigeria, let every region control its resources. Yes he bemoaned the security apparatus of the country shooting unarmed people, and he also said Biafra can cohabit. But this 13 minute interview which i listened from beginning to the end is not a call for Biafra as you put it.

@lalasticlala @mind44 please do something about this misleading headline.

On the interview, i also concur with Osuofia, it is time to take this agitation to an intellectual level. Any house of rep member or senator that does not buy into the cause should be recalled. I believe if Kogi people can recall dino then we can recall any senator that is playing the Ostrich in this obvious marginalization and humiliation meted out on Igbos by the Buhari administration.
As osuofia said which i agree, it is due to grievances that this call for Biafra is emanating, i mean how can it be that no security chief is an Igbo man; not even civil defense!!!. So if the security of the country is being discussed no Igbo man will be present Haba!!

This is how intelligent people talk. I doff my hat for you. Who wouldn't listen to you with rapt attention but when they became mischievous and plain stupid peddled with lies then no one will take you serious. If we agitate for fair play then govt will listen to you but when you 're calling for separation you become an enemy of the state it's as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by Dmec(m): 1:57pm On Jun 22, 2017
Bibors:
He just expressed the mind of an average Igbo man.
Majority opinion.
Who Are The Majority?
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by giftedart: 1:57pm On Jun 22, 2017
they dint request for biafra wen goodluk ws d president of naija...y now undecided
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by abbey621(m): 2:02pm On Jun 22, 2017
woodcook:

MASSOB was there during Obj, Yaradua/GEJ government. Nnamdi was there during Yaradua/GEJ government. Two things separated the presented government from the previous two which escalated the whole thing:

1. Immediately after election, the present government described some region as 5% and stated openly that is how he was going to treat them. (at least Obj and GEJ made promises). Common sense dictates that a sitting president should take a step to douse out tension even if it means making promises that he may not be able to keep. You can take a clue from how government and ASUU has been running round come each election cycle. But it seems Bubu for reasons best known to him didn't use common sense.
2. Bubu arrested Kanu and the judiciary was trying to set up a kangaroo court against Kanu before the eyes of the very public. How did you think that would play out, couple that he has made it known that he was going to treat them as 5%.

In addition to that, Obj, Yaradua/GEJ at least as size-able number of Igbos in his government, in the present government no single Igbo in the security cabinet.

My brother fear God and be honest!

You are the one being dishonest, Buhari has had almost the same number of Igbos in his cabinet as OBJ, stop being selective and talk about all his appointments not just security cabinet! Next,answer this simple question, were the plights of the Biafran people any better under previous administrations? Even with the so called representation, were things better? If you are honest with yourself your answer would be NO! Finally Kanu or any other Biafran leader never spoke out against previous administrations, if they had I am very sure they would have faced the same harsh treatment from the government, well at least I'm sure during OBJ's era he would have been arrested.

I would want you to be very careful when stating FACTS based on blogs or rumors. What Buhari said is the reality in all government across the world, there would be preferential treatment for those that voted for him over those that didn't, even in the USA it happens via political appointments and funding. This is what Buhari said and as far as I'm concerned he is only guilty of being too honest:

"(Going by election results), constituencies that gave me 97% can not in all honesty be treated, on some issues, with constituencies that gave me 5%. I think these are political realities. While, certainly there will be justice for everybody but the people who voted, and made their votes count, they must feel the government has appreciated the effort they put in putting the government in place. I think this is really fair...." Read more: https://politics.naij.com/497122-video-wont-treat-nigerians-equally-president-buhari.html
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by ShootToKill: 2:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
logica:
Excuse me please? What if there were no suitably qualified Igbo men? Which do you want - merit or "Federal Character"? Choose one.

There are always suitably qualified Igbo because they are the most educated and vibrant. You've never had qualified yoruba or hausa due to quota system. That's why country is a laughing stock in the global community.

grin grin
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
abbey621:

You are the one being dishonest, Buhari has had almost the same number of Igbos in his cabinet as OBJ, stop being selective and talk about all his appointments not just security cabinet! Next,answer this simple question, were the plights of the Biafran people any better under previous administrations? Even with the so called representation, were things better? If you are honest with yourself your answer would be NO! Finally Kanu or any other Biafran leader never spoke out against previous administrations, if they had I am very sure they would have faced the same harsh treatment from the government, well at least I'm sure during OBJ's era he would have been arrested.

I would want you to be very careful when stating FACTS based on blogs or rumors. What Buhari said is the reality in all government across the world, there would be preferential treatment for those that voted for him over those that didn't, even in the USA it happens via political appointments and funding. This is what Buhari said and as far as I'm concerned he is only guilty of being too honest:

I can see how you skillfully avoided my question and try to modify Buhari's speech. Can you tell me any sitting president that truly care about the interest of his people that would come on national TV and see something like that. If Buhari was being a saint and just as you are trying to portray him, what stopped him from saying that in all honest "the region/that are the major contributor to Nigeria source of income in all honesty will be given preferential treatment"? No has to display his clannishness by hanging by making his decision based on votes in receives rather than the needs of the people.

Please what do you mean that Obj has the same number of Igbos in his cabinet as Buhari. My brother fear God.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Cabinet_of_President_Olusegun_Obasanjo_1999%E2%80%932003

Stop swallowing the news that are being peddle by the bias media, Kanu has been there during GEJ era.

Moreover did GEJ treat the North any different when they openly supported Boko Haram ? It is on record what Buhari and El Rufia positions were on Boko Haram. Did GEJ hold it against the North?

1 Like

Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by FakoMaybach1: 3:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
logica:
Excuse me please? What if there were no suitably qualified Igbo men? Which do you want - merit or "Federal Character"? Choose one.

Common bro, give me a break; what does it take to be a service chief if not promotion.
In this case it is about federal character abeg

1 Like

Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by JSmart4u(m): 3:57pm On Jun 22, 2017
These ni**as are so addicted to IGBOS that they find it really difficult to let us go. I commend osuofia's input on this matter,he has no time for hypocrisy. BIAFRA is coming whether they like it or not.
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
I dof my hat to this man
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by logica(m): 4:28pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

It is not true that before d war was fought igbos never sought d cooperation of the west rather they are never reliable allies who never show up at d H-hour.
Yoruba and Igbo were never allies. The only alliance that existed pre-1966 was between the North and the East (basically South East) and it was an alliance to politically dominate the South West. So wetin concern South West with una?
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by EMIOMOADEOYE: 4:32pm On Jun 22, 2017
As a Yoruba man, here is my stand.

The notion on One Nigeria, to be blunt, is a notion that only satisfies a group of people - those who are enriching themselves in the current dispensation of Nigeria. These are the ones who will actively shout in favor of One Nigeria. e agitating for One Without One Nigeria, there source of wealth will instantly dry up.

Now for the rest of us who seem to support One Nigeria, we are only in that stance because we are cowards. Yes Nigerians are bloody cowards whose brains and senses have taken an indefinite vacation. The only reason we common Nigerian is standing for One Nigeria is because they are afraid of the implications of War. They fear the repercussions of war. And because of this fear, everyone have turned a blind eye to the real issues raised by Nnamdi Kanu and the agitation for a Biafra. Only recently did the Arewa youths decide to compound the whole issue. The Yorubas have stayed largely silent and to be factual, that is the only uniting factor in Nigeria. With the way the North is handling Power, if the Yorubas decide to give voice to the cessation cries, Nigerias fate becomes sealed.

Now having said that let us cast our attention to the real Big Picture that people everywhere seem to be missing. Why the cries for cessation. The leadership in Nigeria has taken everyone for a jolly ride and it has gotten to the point that is has become a slap, an insult on all of us. Things are done in this nation with the grossest of impunity. Regardless of how despicable an act is, it is perpetrated because there simply is no rule of Law in this nation. Nothing works. A nation where the citizenry has to do absolutely everything by itself. A nation where mediocrity is celebrated with pump and pageantry. A nation where citizens will see wrong and instead of taking mass action they choose to sit back in their homes and talk and complain.....like I am doing now. (I admit I am part of the cowards in this nation and you are too whether you agree or not).

Nnamdi Kanu is the only one who had the balls big enough to act and although he started out on the wrong foot, his voice today has snowballed into a national issue, one that cannot be swept under the wrong. If we had more of him who could channel that aggression correctly, the foreign embassies wont be filling up with Nigerians looking to exit.

If we agree to act in one mind like we did during Occupy Nigeria, our aggression should be to push for restructuring in this nation. Let each state have full autonomy on its resources. Reduce power from the center and grant powers of autonomy to each state level. A state police force for each state wont be a bad idea. I for one think the NASS is a bloody joke, a gangrenous ridicule to Nigeria as a federation. N 125bn, What exactly are they doing that they need that much. That is like the budget of Togo and Benin put together.

If we dont do this, I will say in Lord Starks voice, WINTER IS COMING

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2017
God bless Biafra republic.

Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by Toppiano(m): 4:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
Truth be told, the Nigerian project is designed to favor some to the detriment of others. But we are too united (by corruption) to be divided by public opinion and agitation.

Steps to secede:

Ask your senators/HORs to discuss your decision to leave in the senate and national assembly.

Tell your governor to reject your monthly allowance including security votes

Return home and develop your states.

1 Like

Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by Ralphdan(m): 6:07pm On Jun 22, 2017
deomelo:
Is this not expected?

Is he not ipobitch or I'm I missing something?

Yeah you actually are
You brain.
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by sddiamond: 6:13pm On Jun 22, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
The only way to kill Biafra agitation is restructuring. Let there be fiscal federalism and all these noise will die down
There is no point killing the agitation, the people say they're no longer interested in the union, FG should allow them to go.
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by edupedia: 6:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
Igboesika:
But Yoruba muslins said that Biafra is for miscreants. Smh for these people.

....pack away from the north first...then south-west taking along all your fake spare parts and medicines...then we will know u are serious..for now all is noise and 419...
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by MICHEALADEX(m): 6:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
Chukazu:

What's is this retrogressive archaic mindset, who is talking about war?

Your old fool just said Kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent taketh it by force...young man go get a life or hang your politicians and vote NK to get your negotiations right and walk out peacefully
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by Cooly100: 6:57pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheCabal:

Who are they influencing. Can Osoufia win common chairman of his LGA. grin

Osufia is a respected person...I can assure he will win if he contest for LGA chairman...

Pic Osoufia with Ghana president...

Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by Viktor1983(m): 7:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
FakoMaybach1:
OP not only is your headline a blatant lie, your translation has left out so many facts and decided to pick the ones u need for your sensational cause.

How i wish Osuofia could sue you for Libel with this your headline, Osuofia called for Intellectual discourse, he called for restructuring with peace, he only added that if after discussion we find that we as a nation cannot cohabit then Biafra can leave.

You have given sketchy translations and i find it distasteful, the agitation of Biafra should be based on truth, Justice and Equity; not lies or "Alternative facts"

Everything Osuofia said in this interview is what people have been echoing, we need to discuss on how to restructure Nigeria, let every region control its resources. Yes he bemoaned the security apparatus of the country shooting unarmed people, and he also said Biafra can cohabit. But this 13 minute interview which i listened from beginning to the end is not a call for Biafra as you put it.

@lalasticlala @mind44 please do something about this misleading headline.

On the interview, i also concur with Osuofia, it is time to take this agitation to an intellectual level. Any house of rep member or senator that does not buy into the cause should be recalled. I believe if Kogi people can recall dino then we can recall any senator that is playing the Ostrich in this obvious marginalization and humiliation meted out on Igbos by the Buhari administration.
As osuofia said which i agree, it is due to grievances that this call for Biafra is emanating, i mean how can it be that no security chief is an Igbo man; not even civil defense!!!. So if the security of the country is being discussed no Igbo man will be present Haba!!

Thank you for translating, I am igbo, I understand all he said , you didn't Translate all but you did more Justice to what he said than what op is writing..

1 Like

Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by PrinxArthur1(m): 7:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
conductor2:

Osuofia is a jobless IPOD miscreants - Ewedu moozlem. cheesy
thunder fire ur generation
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by Uchexxy(m): 7:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

The Spirit behind Biafra is not interested in Restructuring or Presidency
This is exactly what they fail to understand.........
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 22, 2017
Cooly100:

Osufia is a respected person...I can assure he will win if he contest for LGA chairman...

Pic Osoufia with Ghana president...

Osoufia for Ghanian Presidency ... grin
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by Tex42(m): 7:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
The only way to kill Biafra agitation is restructuring. Let there be fiscal federalism and all these noise will die down

Will they listen?... They keep shouting one Nigeria like rabid dogs when it's obvious there isn't even an 'o' talk more of 'ne'

NAPOLEONS...!

1 Like

Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by Brugo(m): 8:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
Not surprised. Igbos will be igbos.

October 1st loading... quit notice
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by Splashme: 8:41pm On Jun 22, 2017
61Penguins:
oh..but I thought biafra was only supported by the "jobless gullible youths" who were not born during d war and have lost hope in life grin
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 23, 2017
ebenholer:

The British n the west was the only reason why Biafra wasn't achieved during the civil war. Even if Yoruba n middle belt joined biafra in 1967, the British will beat all of us blue black n throw us back into nigeria
Re: Nkem Owoh Osuofia Speaks On Biafra (Video, Photos) by peacengine(m): 12:15am On Jun 23, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

See diz basstard niggur so u be Igbo? Na ma backyard dizz mumuu from, I go carry base side niggyrz come visit u for September, welcome to Naija, u and ur black yanch are welcome. I hope say u dey come with ya madam, she go like strong man like me no worri

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Moyo Lawal Struggles With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts  / Tiwa Savage Sprays Dollars At Davido's Son's Birthday (Video) / Tboss And Kemen Reconciled By Azuka Ogujiuba And Charles Opaleke (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.