Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Nairaland Slowness And Downtime - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Slowness And Downtime (25587 Views)

Ecobank Internet Banking Downtime / Ikeja Electric Deploys Technology To Reduce Downtime / Apology For Unnecessary Downtime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by zicoraads: 11:19am On Jun 22, 2017
Mad people everywhere. Especially on page 1 ;DMad people everywhere. Especially on page 1

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by Kondomatic(m): 11:20am On Jun 22, 2017
coptic:

And that's a bad sign.

I observed that mynd44 is like that. He banned some handle for 2 months and bans another for 2 days, over the same "offence."

It looks like they do as pleased there are no rules guiding these things and that's bad for business.

What's the point of having 1,827,055 registered members when 2/3rd of those numbers are alternate handles?

Their bans here are just a vendetta, and not meant to correct behaviors. the actual number of nairaland members should be somewhere in the region of 500 - 700.

Most people now have alternate handles, no thanks to the arbitrary bans.
Those that advertise their business here do not know that.

They actually believe that nairaland have enough population to form a country.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by Kondomatic(m): 11:23am On Jun 22, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Hahahhahahhahhaha, guy you're evil and heartless..

Hahhahahhahahha, guy you are so heartless grin grin
U talk say Mynd. no fit even code "contact us page" grin grin
How do you guys come up with all this savagery
grin angry
It's true nah

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by coptic: 11:29am On Jun 22, 2017
Kondomatic:
Those that advertise their business here do not know that.

They actually believe that nairaland have enough population to form a country.

It's a shame, really.

I hope he buckles up and do something about it, lest they too would realize this sooner or later.

Information isn't so difficult to get anymore.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by Flexherbal(m): 11:34am On Jun 22, 2017
Oga Seun, Nairaland is beneficial to everyone.
Including me.

So many people have gotten jobs through this forum, some have gotten answers to their questions
And others solutions to their challenges.

May you receive wisdom on how to fix this challenge, on time.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by Iamdmentor1(m): 11:45am On Jun 22, 2017
APCsupporter:

So that you would keep invading our threads with insults? oga please don't listen to them

Better accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour and be saved.

Forget Mohammed, who knew not whither he goeth. One who died from poison. His life is ed with so much atrocities. His doctrines incites and propagate violence. But you Muslims claim it's not true, but the true core muslims support fight against and killings of non-muslims.

Only JESUS CHRIST can save!
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by Barristergreen(m): 11:48am On Jun 22, 2017
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

This is to inform you that Nairaland is experiencing a serious problem. The infrastructure that powers Nairaland has become unusually slow and unstable, which has led to a lot of downtime. The cause of this slowness and instability is unknown to me, but I am doing my best to figure out what's going on and fix it.

I wish to appeal to everybody to please bear with me, and please note that I may not be able to process any orders until this issue has been diagnosed and fixed.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

Yes that's true I noticed that and it gave me tough time but I did find a way around it my self and works for me what you simply do is hen you try open nairaland direct it says to much server redirected so I simply go to my browser history click on any topic I read before it opeans and then from there I click on nairaland homepage and wolla am there I have full access to latest topic.
My guess you have an errocode somewhere while you did simeupgrading on your advertising web content I might be of help if you want to help you sort it out.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by Iamdmentor1(m): 11:50am On Jun 22, 2017
nwaanambra1:

this your comment is pure plagiarism! you lifted it word for word from my thoughts! get ready to be sued!

meanwhile! oga seun pls stop being self centered! STOP PAINTING THE PICTURE OF YOU ALONE RUNNING NAIRALAND!

ITS THIS YOUR MENTALITY THAT STILL KEEPS NAIRALAND WHERE IT IS - BY NOW WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE REDDIT OF AFRICA OR QUORA OF AFRICA - BUT YOUR DESIRE TO BE THE PRESIDENT/ CEO/ EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/ ICT MANAGER/ SOFTWARE ENGINEER/ DATABASE MANAGER/ HUMAN RESOURCES PERSONNEL/ ADMIN MANGER/ SENIOR CLEANER and all the necessary positions that should be handled by other experts is the reason why we are still having cloud flares in 2017!

ITS TIME YOU WAKE UP AND REALIZE THAT NAIRALAND IS ALREADY BIGGER THAN YOU. OPEN YOUR DOORS LET OTHERS COME IN AND HELP YOU BUILD AND POSITION THIS GREAT FORUM SO IT WILL BE AMONG THE GREATS OF THE WORLD! THE PRIDE OF AFRICA!

AN IGBO ADAGE SAYS THAT "I" IS ONLY ONE AND DIES WITH YOU "WE" IS MANY AND STANDS THE TEST OF TIME!

STOP BEING "I" AND START BEING "WE"!

YOU SHOULD REMEMBER THAT IN ANOTHER 5 YEARS YOU WILL BE TOO BIG FOR HOST COMPANIES - YOU WILL BE FORCED TO BUILD YOUR OWN SERVER.

ONE LOVE SIR.

CC: SEUN.

I still don't understand why you have not yet settled your beef with google - you are not just losing billions bro - you are also losing your share of world popularity. The rule of business is same as the rule of politics "Interest first". Give google an adverts space in-between every 20 comment posts and u rake in millions from them!

Gerrahia mehn, you too get sense. You just said what I have contained in my heart for a long time.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by tayorh(m): 11:54am On Jun 22, 2017
Error 502 just deh give me headache yesterday night.
Abeg seun rectify this issue, take your time..
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by farouk0403(m): 11:58am On Jun 22, 2017
Iamdmentor1:
Seun, remove that Islam oath you force everyone to make before commenting on Muslim threads

Is that the topic of discussion, why not create a thread?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by chuks34(m): 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2017
Iamdmentor1:
Seun, remove that Islam oath you force everyone to make before commenting on Muslim threads
As if der is same on Christian thread.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by NLProblemChild(m): 12:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
Let me too comment on the Almighty thread before them lock am
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by Harbeyg09(m): 12:47pm On Jun 22, 2017
grin
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by tuscani: 12:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
Thanks for the info, but hope the FBI, CIA AND M15 Have not double tracked your server so that they have acess to everything er discuss here I had turned off and turned on my system several times to remedy the problem.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by MrOdyssey(m): 12:55pm On Jun 22, 2017
freeman95:
My mind deh always sweet if I remember that the owner of nairaland is a full fleshed YORUBA man haha.......

While the owner of Linda ikeji blog is a full fledged igbo woman. can you beat that?
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by nextstep(m): 1:27pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nairaland has become so essential for me. News, laughs, tutorials, how tos, gossips, pishures, fights, and so much more. I missed not being able to connect.

No matter the issues, you have built a wonderful thing here, and that it works so well 99.9% of the time with so many people is massive kudos to you. No be beans.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by Ipfreely: 1:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
Lol. You've been DDOS'd, Seun.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
sukkot:
tell ya mods to stop posting gory pictures of lynched and burnt and killed and stabbed people on the frontpage. ya mods are obsessed with violence undecided

they are also obsessed with misogny

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by mare23ayo(m): 1:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
crazygod:
Na the fainting crew cause am. See now, nairaland don dey faint small small too.
Anyway, shift small make I faint.

sigh...., u still wan faint? how many faint u wan faint sef
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by sukkot: 1:47pm On Jun 22, 2017
oyb:

they are also obsessed with misogny
true indeed my brother oyb
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by eleojo23: 1:47pm On Jun 22, 2017
Giel:

He really needs to, the funny thing is that it doesn't apply to him, he can comment on a Muslim thread without it appearing on his profile but we are forced to take an oath if we want to comment.

The Law doesn't affect the creator na grin
Oga Se.un can even edit your diary if he needs to do so.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by APCsupporter: 1:59pm On Jun 22, 2017
Iamdmentor1:

Better accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour and be saved.

Forget Mohammed, who knew not whither he goeth. One who died from poison. His life is ed with so much atrocities. His doctrines incites and propagate violence. But you Muslims claim it's not true, but the true core muslims support fight against and killings of non-muslims.

Only JESUS CHRIST can save!

Thank you very much for the advice. However, with all due respect to Christianity, how is it better than the Islam?

Let's not forget how your God sent 2 bears to violently kill young children for mocking his man

Let's not forget how he ordered David and Moses to kill hundreds of thousands of people for not believing in him while sparing virgins for other-roomingcheesy

Let's not forget how an innocent woman got impregnated by him without her consent

and many more.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by onatisi(m): 2:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
ephi321:

I totally agree with this. Blood thirsty mods always pushing graphic pictures to FP. How won't people be behaving like animals when they've become so desensitized to bloodshed? What benefit exactly do graphic pictures provide?
I don't think the mods here understand that nairaland is viewed all over the world and ppl form their impression about nigeria and nigerians from the content they read here on nairaland. Many of my non nigerian friends here are the ones always making jest of nigerians due to the articles they read on nairaland,they raad virtually all naija social media site and know about all our artistes. Funny enough despite the huge news traffic on nairaland, linda ikeji blog seems to be their favorite. Maybe due to content quality.
Mods we beg una , pls limit all those negative stories to the background and try to project a positive image about nigeria and nigerians to the outside world
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by ephi321(f): 2:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
onatisi:

I don't think the mods here understand that nairaland is viewed all over the world and ppl form their impression about nigeria and nigerians from the content they read here on nairaland. Many of my non nigerian friends here are the ones always making jest of nigerians due to the articles they read on nairaland,they raad virtually all naija social media site and know about all our artistes. Funny enough despite the huge news traffic on nairaland, linda ikeji blog seems to be their favorite. Maybe due to content quality.
Mods we beg una , pls limit all those negative stories to the background and try to project a positive image about nigeria and nigerians to the outside world

Nairaland's problem is what I will call "local championship". Lack of exposure on the part of the owner/mods. Just as you've said, they don't realize the power of media, image and perception. I can't even recommend NL to any non-Nigerian friend, I will be too embarrassed to do so, because it is rubbish they will find here. Bellanaija would be my go-to site when it comes to recommendations.

Imagine putting pictures of a lynching every few days right on the frontpage. Very disgraceful.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by onatisi(m): 2:26pm On Jun 22, 2017
ephi321:

Nairaland's problem is what I will call "local championship". Lack of exposure on the part of the owner/mods. Just as you've said, they don't realize the power of media, image and perception. I can't even recommend NL to any non-Nigerian friend, I will be too embarrassed to do so, because it is rubbish they will find here. Bellanaija would be my go-to site when it comes to recommendations.

Imagine putting pictures of a lynching every few days right on the frontpage. Very disgraceful.
And the bitter trutj is nairaland is losing traffic daily because of stiff competition from many other sites. Maybe seun should just turn nairaland into a commercial forum
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by ephi321(f): 2:30pm On Jun 22, 2017
onatisi:

And the bitter trutj is nairaland is losing traffic daily because of stiff competition from many other sites. Maybe seun should just turn nairaland into a commercial forum

The quality has declined substantially. To be honest, I am not sure what the long term goal is. A business should have strategic and long term plans. This one doesn't seem to have any which is the reason it's going downhill.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by ibkayee(f): 2:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
Noticed some subtle changes, when you sign in you remain on the same page you logged in from unlike before when you'd be redirected back to the homepage. You also have to be logged in to search the site now, or maybe I'm just late.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by Iamdmentor1(m): 2:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
H
APCsupporter:

Thank you very much for the advice. However, with all due respect to Christianity, how is it better than the Islam?

Let's not forget how your God sent 2 bears to violently kill young children for mocking his man

Let's not forget how he ordered David and Moses to kill hundreds of thousands of people for not believing in him while sparing virgins for other-roomingcheesy

Let's not forget how an innocent woman got impregnated by him without her consent

and many more.

He is a God of consuming fire. Christ death is the reason why you are still alive after this blasphemy.

He kills and make alive.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by APCsupporter: 2:54pm On Jun 22, 2017
Iamdmentor1:
H

He is a God of consuming fire. Christ death is the reason why you are still alive after this blasphemy.

He kills and make alive.

Bro it's in the Bible. I have no reason to disrespect Christianity unlike you who have no respect for Islam..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by DrGoodmanFather: 3:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

This is to inform you that Nairaland is experiencing a serious problem. The infrastructure that powers Nairaland has become unusually slow and unstable, which has led to a lot of downtime. The cause of this slowness and instability is unknown to me, but I am doing my best to figure out what's going on and fix it.

I wish to appeal to everybody to please bear with me, and please note that I may not be able to process any orders until this issue has been diagnosed and fixed.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

Tell your mod to stop banning people without using their brain. I plan to DDOS attack Nairaland too just for 3 days. It is not an empty threat.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by Iamwrath: 3:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
If Kyari can get Evans , nobody dem no fit get , moderators wey we don catch them push fake news go fp, we tell them na ban dem ban us
unto fake FBI's corrupt Nigerians'n fake lists, Moderators wey borrow extremeloaded Nairaland code , we tell Bros , he commot face, my brother , even Jesus dem get am, you think say na him go give them username ''admin'' password XG89%#@KYPYJLFnm* ??

My brother , bone that thing ...make i stop here before this revelation go gimme another ban grin grin grin
jjjjj2017:
the bolded is nt possible coz seun no be newbie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 / Policeman Pictured Sleeping On A Car In Ibadan / 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.