Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) (4294 Views)

David Ibiyeomie Welcomed By Female Church Members In Uniform (Photos) / TB Joshua Arrives In Paraguay, Welcomed In A Colourful Manner (P.hotos) / T.B. Joshua Welcomed By Ecuador Military Generals (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by ftechclass: 5:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
I'm only going to attend to the capitalization aspect of your comment and creator of heaven/earth.
GodsMopol:

well, you could check again, the God been referred to there was with a smaller letter 'g' as in gods, check my post, I used the term 'gods' not 'Gods'.

A hindu refer to your God as god while called his (Brahma) God.
There are gods, am not disputing that, but there is one God with the Capital 'G' and that's the true God that created Heaven and Earth,
So you disagree Panku created the universe but agree god portrayed in the bible is the true creator?
Double standard is bad bro.
all other gods were product of the deceptive running about of Satan and his fallen angel brought about by the fall of man.

Is it because the Bible said so or because you're sure?

Exodus  20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

You could check your Bible for that verse, the 'g' used therein was a small letter g, referring to smaller and weaker gods.

Sure I believe there are other gods
[/quote]
Where standard do you use in categorizing God as gods? Or God as god.

I'm sick and tired of all this "g" and "G"

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 22, 2017
GodsMopol:

well, you could check again, the God been referred to there was with a smaller letter 'g' as in gods, check my post, I used the term 'gods' not 'Gods'. There are gods, am not disputing that, but there is one God with the Capital 'G' and that's the true God that created Heaven and Earth, all other gods were product of the deceptive running about of Satan and his fallen angel brought about by the fall of man.

Exodus  20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

You could check your Bible for that verse, the 'g' used therein was a small letter g, referring to smaller and weaker gods.

Sure I believe there are other gods
Abeg, wetin be the difference between g and G.

To a Chinese, the God depicted in the Bible is referred to as god while theirs is God.

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 22, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

If you have to quote, kindly quote the whole context.
Thanks
A cop out or what? undecided
Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by Martinez19(m): 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2017
obinna58:
Many people are talking about the only one true God, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Bahá'í Faith, Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism, Sikhism, all this religions would talk about other gods but tag theirs as the only true God, Jesus was sent by God so as to enlighten people about the only one true God, and without Jesus u can't know that one true God.
Mohammed was sent by same God, preaching different type of God entirely, same applied to all the world religions of today and yet people will say there is only one God.
Deists believed in that one only true God, and would say God is seen in different ways by religions, forgetting that religions are so mean that they claim theirs was directly created from God to the extent that if not their God hellfire will be waiting (Meaning it either there one and only true religion's God or there is no God)

People believed there are many gods which were created, forgetting there are many God also.

Deists in the house wink

Kingebukasblog, felixomor, hopefulLandlord, OtemAtum,
Jhaytee4all, Pidgin2, hahn, CatfishBilly, frank317, akiintom, pastafarian, jonnydon22, dalaman, Mzlady39,
jonbellion, adepeter26, GodsMopol, JackBizzle, OLAADEGBU, junia, akintom, luvmijeje, lightblazingnow, Martinez19, Blogthug.
Jesus preached about God, so did Mohammed preach about Allah and even order holy men who were the precursors of their religion. Does the christian god have priests and prophets? So do other religious gods even our traditional priest have and talk about their gods. What makes the christian god special? Why is he the true one? Is it because that was what your parents brought you up to believe?

Let us assume that the universe points to a creator God, how do you know which God is it? What if it is the flying spaghetti monster? How would you know? Just like I have always said, all religious books are bunks. The gods of religion, if they exist are pathetic are powerless. Religion is a facade of reality.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by hopefulLandlord: 6:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
Martinez19:
Jesus preached about God, so did Mohammed preach about Allah and even order holy men who were the precursors of their religion. Does the christian god have priests and prophets? So do other religious gods even our traditional priest have and talk about their gods. What makes the christian god special? Why is he the true one? Is it because that was what your parents brought you up to believe?

Let us assume that the universe points to a creator God, how do you know which God is it? What if it is the flying spaghetti monster? How would you know? Just like I have always said, all religious books are bunks. The gods of religion, if they exist are pathetic are powerless. Religion is a facade of reality.

this is an unforgivable case of blasphemy, comparing manmade gods like Yahweh Vishnu Allah etc to the one true God FSM is a sin that is punishable by hell

and there are proof FSM is real unlike the manmade gods

1. The planets are shaped like Meatballs, Only FSM can delightfully create the planets with such a shape

2. The DNA is represented in Pasta shape, only FSM could have inspired it

3. He boiled for our sins, what sacrifice could be greater?

4. There was a time I doubted the existence of FSM, so I decided to go down on my knees and pray to him, telling him to reveal himself to me; after a long prayer and apparently no sign, I decided that FSM isn't real after all; so I took out my headphone from my pocket to watch some videos on my Ipad, lo and behold below is the shape the headphone took

5. he manifested himself to a group of divers underwater http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2015/08/13/diving-team-discovers-flying-spaghetti-monster-underwater/

a definitive answer as to the existence of the spaghetti monster. That's more than any of the other religions have as evidence.

He's gone to great depths to convince us.

6. pastors are leaving Christianity for Pastafarianism, example http://www.patheos.com/blogs/chorusinthechaos/mans-faith-completely-undone-due-to-flying-spaghetti-monster-argument/

7. FSM also showed himself to people over 3000 years ago

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4326788_l4f7lhdtobvxsn4un9oexdogj1lmmnzf1t5cxdchbu_jpegdfb51901474c34ae6d4a68a956d05abe

his noodliness touch our everyday lives

The claim that the above is a 3200 year old typo is preposterous. According to an expert, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is actually the "Son of Ra" the god of the sun and way older than these upstart "sons of god"/prophets from just a couple thousand years ago or less. Two meatballs, spaghetti, bowl...obvious.

8. FSM was sighted off the Angolan coast

Reputable science magazine New Scientist reports that the FSM has been spotted off the Angolan coast

9. FSM was sighted on Mars

NASA released this photo of a “mystery object” on Mars spotted a few days ago. No official word on what it may be, but clearly resembles the FSM.

10. FSM spotted this Japanese manhole cover.

11. FSM was spotted at the Olympics helping an athlete win

12. FSM was also spotted at a Pizzeria in Paris

13. FSM also revealed himself in an art

spotted the FSM at the Crocker Museum in Sacramento. Though He is short one meatball in this apparition we still recognized Him by His Noodly Appendages. Ramen!

14. sighting of the FSM’s Noodly Appendages in the surf in California.

15. Party Girl Jewelry Sighting

Basking in the florescent glow of the grocery store pasta aisle, the Flying Spaghetti Monster’s Noodley appendages shimmered like diamonds.

as we can see, he's revealing himself to people on daily basis

you need to pray to FSM ask for forgiveness of this grave sin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by luvmijeje(f): 6:02pm On Jun 22, 2017
John 14:6 says

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Mischievous OP, any religion that doesn't believe in Christ is not recognize by God.

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by hopefulLandlord: 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2017
luvmijeje:

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Mischievous OP, any religion that doesn't believe in Christ is not recognize by God.

the level of circular reasoning in this post is stratospheric

4 Likes

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:07pm On Jun 22, 2017
ftechclass:

Exactly, you responded with what I I wanted reading. Wow, happy.

Topic closed. Next time, don't say there is one God almighty.
can you quote within the context or give proper interpretation to what Islamic God almighty said?

You're indeed funny. You already answered the question above, but wanted to be very sure.
Thanks for your time anyways.
And where did I say there were more than one Almighty God, the creator.
I said the way he is seen based on culture and religion differs.

As for the 72 virgins, get a seasoned Muslim to explain it to you, making sure you listen without Bias in your mind.

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2017
luvmijeje:

According to Christianity I guess. Tell this to a Muslim and meet Yahweh in Heaven before dawn

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by kevoh(m): 6:11pm On Jun 22, 2017

I stand with Osanobua, the creator of all and the one true GOD. Any religion that doesn't believe in his four sons is not recognized by Osanobua, the only true GOD. cool cool

7 Likes

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by luvmijeje(f): 6:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

the level of circular reasoning in this post is stratospheric

Your opinion doesn't matter.
Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by ftechclass: 6:13pm On Jun 22, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

And where did I say there were more than one Almighty God, the creator.

And where did I say you insinuated so? You said there is one god almighty. I gave you instances where you y used your hand to défilé you original statement.
I said the way he is seen based on culture and religion differs.
I used Panku as example, you threw him into trash. I used Jesus God and Islam God, as another example. I thought you would agree to the two options but instead, you stylishly chose one and ignored the other.

As for the 72 virgins, get a seasoned Muslim to explain it to you, making sure you listen without Bias in your mind.
and what if I'm a Muslim.? Will you say i dont know anything about Islam?

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by luvmijeje(f): 6:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
adepeter26:

According to Christianity I guess. Tell this to a Muslim and meet Yahweh in Heaven before dawn

As I said, Christ is only way to the one true God .

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by ftechclass: 6:15pm On Jun 22, 2017
kevoh:
I stand with Osanobua, the creator of all and the one true GOD. Any religion that doesn't believe in his four sons is not recognized by Osanobua, the only true GOD. cool cool
You al are going to hell. Osanobua is fake just as Yahweh. lipsrsealed
Orunmila is the true God cool, you try counter me. May Sango strike you tongue

Religion funny sha

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by ftechclass: 6:18pm On Jun 22, 2017
luvmijeje:

Same way you claim to be sure of Christ to be the way to true god,.. Same way I tell you authoritatively that vishnu is the true way to true God (Brahma)

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by hopefulLandlord: 6:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
kevoh:
lol

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
luvmijeje:

Ok mah
Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by kevoh(m): 6:24pm On Jun 22, 2017
ftechclass:

You al are going to hell. Osanobua is fake just as Yahweh. lipsrsealed
Orunmila is the true God cool, you try counter me. May Sango strike you tongue

Religion funny sha
Thankfully, Osanobua is not a wicked, malevolent and blood thirsty god like Yahweh, who was said to have created hell for his people to roast. With Osanobua, once you die you cross over to meet with your ancestors pending the time you will be reborn to earth. It's a cycle Osanobua has created. No one gets roasted. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 22, 2017
kevoh:

Thankfully, Osanobua is not a wicked, malevolent and blood thirsty god like Yahweh, who was said to have created hell for his people to roast. With Osanobua, once you die you cross over to meet with your ancestors pending the time you will be reborn to earth. It's a cycle Osanobua has created. No one gets roasted. undecided
LoL

You funny bro

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by luvmijeje(f): 6:28pm On Jun 22, 2017
ftechclass:

Same way you claim to be sure of Christ to be the way to true god,.. Same way I tell you authoritatively that vishnu is the true way to true God (Brahma)
What you claim doesn't matter. The taste of a food is known through the taste buds.

Our God have proven himself again and again in the life of His children. Billions of people cannot be wrong. If there is nothing there we won't have millions giving their life to Christ again and again without the use of force.

What you think doesn't Mara.. .. .. ..It's what we know. It's what we have seen.

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by hopefulLandlord: 6:34pm On Jun 22, 2017
luvmijeje:

What you claim doesn't matter. The taste of a food is known through the taste buds.

Our God have proven himself again and again in the life of His children. Billions of people cannot be wrong. If there is nothing there we won't have millions giving their life to Christ again and again without the use of force.

What you think doesn't Mara.. .. .. ..It's what we know. It's what we have seen.

Argumentum ad populum

Islam is projected to have more adherents in the future; going by your brilliant logic, when that future comes Islam would then become true and you'll become a Muslim

there was a time everyone on earth believed the earth is flat and the sun revolved around the earth, that didn't make the earth flat nor did it make the sun start revolving round the earth, did it?

Fallacymijeje

3 Likes

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
abeg na only one part I wan quote.

That fallacymijeje part
hopefulLandlord:

Fallacymijeje
What did she do to you naw. Haba, too harsh grin cheesy

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by luvmijeje(f): 6:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Argumentum ad populum

Islam is projected to have more adherents in the future; going by your brilliant logic, when that future comes Islam would then become true and you'll become a Muslim

there was a time everyone on earth believed the earth is flat and the sun revolved around the earth, that didn't make the earth flat nor did it make the sun start revolving round the earth, did it?

Fallacymijeje

Oga, As I said, what you think doesn't mara. What you say will not change what billions of people know and have seen.
Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by luvmijeje(f): 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2017
adepeter26:
abeg na only one part I wan quote.

That fallacymijeje part

What did she do to you naw. Haba, too harsh grin cheesy

Yimu. Birds of the same feathers.
Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 22, 2017
luvmijeje:

Yimu. Birds of the same feathers.
Hian

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2017
ftechclass:

And where did I say you insinuated so? You said there is one god almighty. I gave you instances where you y used your hand to défilé you original statement.

I used Panku as example, you threw him into trash. I used Jesus God and Islam God, as another example. I thought you would agree to the two options but instead, you stylishly chose one and ignored the other.
and what if I'm a Muslim.? Will you say i dont know anything about Islam?
I have told you before and I will tell you again, there is only one true God, how people view him, does not change his nature.
I am not going to be a bigot and say the Christian God is the true God as God is God,
What I can say is that Christian representation of him is the closest to the truth.
God is God and God is Good.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by jonbellion(m): 6:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
luvmijeje:

what is this
And you feel you have made a point??
*sigh*

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by jonbellion(m): 7:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
mainstream religions .i.e the religions currently in vogue misunderstand and misinterpret the concept of God
I'm not a wave rider
Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by luvmijeje(f): 7:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
jonbellion:
what is this
And you feel you have made a point??
*sigh*
But I'm still better than you. I still contributed a statement of fact. What did you contribute?
Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by jonbellion(m): 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Argumentum ad populum

Fallacymijeje
lmaoooo
cheesy
Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by jonbellion(m): 7:03pm On Jun 22, 2017
luvmijeje:

But I'm still better than you. I still contributed a statement of fact. What did you contribute?
lol baby boo I'll do a lil special something just for you later
*wink*
Re: Is There Really Only One God (everyone Z Welcomed) by obinna58(m): 7:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
GodsMopol:

There is one God and many gods, other gods were offsprings of lucifer, Gen 6:4-5, many of these gods could be seen in the lineage of Abraham, Moses met magicians in Egypt, Daniel met soothsayers in Babylon and many magicians which Jezebel entertained back in the Bible days are all from those seeds.

These gods are the product of the fall of man. For instance, Obatala, Ogun and Orunmila were all people on earth who after their demise, those who's life they have affected in some sense made them idol to conjure in the time of trouble like our Igbo friends believe in their ancestors and amadi ora and those nonsense, they all sprang from magical powers and God has given us powers over magical powers. Magical powers are deceptive tool employed by the devil to deceive people towards thinking they have met the true God, Paul also met magical powers from Athens in Acts 17:16-22, you can continue reading if you delight to.

Does it mean Christians worship God, Muslims etc worship gods?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Idahosa Said If T.B. Joshua Is Not Of God, He Won't Survive 7 Years / Powerful Prophet Of God / Understanding Christianity And The Real Teachings Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.