Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest (45628 Views)

How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? / Saraki Releases List Of Killings In Nigeria In 2018 Over IGP Saga / Daniel Elombah: "SARS Arrested Me Over IGP Ibrahim Idris Article" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by dre11(m): 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
ABBA KYARI, IRT POLICE TEAM IN DISARRAY OVER IGP PROMOTION ORDER AFTER EVANS’ ARREST

CYRIACUS IZUEKWE

The ugly sides of the arrest of the notorious kidnap kingpin, Chukwudi Dumeme Onuamadike popularly known as Evans are gradually coming out over the alleged selective promotion of the police officers who participated in the operations that led to the eventual arrest of the suspect and that of his gang members around the country.

P.M.EXPRESS gathered that the recent promotion announced by the Inspector General of Police, IGP Abubakar Idris for the officers who participated in the operation has torn the officers apart and they seemed to be in disarray at the moment.

The bone of contention actually was the alleged hijack of the list where names of some certain officers has been reportedly removed by some undisclosed top cops.

Our correspondent gathered that the IG actually promoted the officers within his capacity from the rank and file, and they were happy.

But the fate of the other officers from the rank of Inspectors and other senior officers including Kyari seemed to be unknown following the position of some top officers who were against the promotion exercise.

It was gathered that some of the officers were promoted after the arrest of Vampire and some of his gang members and as such, if the same officers were promoted, it would amount to two promotions within a year.

P.M.EXPRESS gathered that some top police officers were said to be against it and were doing everything possible to ensure that the names of those officers were not sent to the Police Service Commission for promotion.

Following the development, the team was said to be in disarray and the drive to work has been low at the moment due to the recent development.

Our reporter gathered that the team worked day and night; travelling to states such as Anambra, Enugu, Imo, Delta, Edo, Bayelsa, Abia and others before they were able to achieve success.

Some of the senior officers who were aware of the plot were against it; saying that the officers were supposed to be rewarded not minding whether they were promoted a week before they achieved such historic high profile arrest of kidnapping gang.

“They merited the promotion because it was achieved through hard work and there was no need for “bad belle” that could demoralize their good works,” one of the senior officer said.

It was gathered that some other senior officers were against the ‘double promotion’ because the officers will level up with their former seniors which will not augur well in the police hierarchy ranking system.

However, the general disposition within the police circle, P.M.EXPRESS gathered was that all the officers should be rewarded as announced by the IGP.

It was not confirmed whether their names have been forwarded to the Police Service Commission as the bickering had delayed the submission of the list.

The Police Force Public Relation Officer, FPPRO, Jimoh Moshood could not be reached fore comment as his phone was switched off.

http://pmexpressng.com/abba-kyari-irt-police-team-disarray-igp-promotion-order-evans-arrest/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by hotmolo(m): 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2017
hmm
Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by nerodenero: 5:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
They say success have many friends but majority of the people who celebrate with you at that point aren't happy you are successful. Such is the case of these gallant officers.

In particular, Abba Kyari needs to watch his back. He's in the midst of wolves and he needs to be smart lest they donate him to the enemies.

I remember the much celebrated Col. Muh'd Ali who liberated Baga town from the grip of Bokoharam. His crew were later ambushed and he was killed in the attacks. Many are not simply happy that you succeed.

150 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:26pm On Jun 22, 2017
Seen...
But the question remains....

"Where is Buhari??"

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:27pm On Jun 22, 2017
Seen...

"Where is Buhari??"

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by madridguy(m): 5:27pm On Jun 22, 2017
Following...
Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
They deserve it. .but Abba Kyari should be careful the average Nigerian is highly jealous ,greedyand abhors the success of others. .ogas at the top always hijacking everything

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 5:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
Seen...

"Where is Buhari??"
Hes in London mortu ary grin receiving ac

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by ijustdey: 5:56pm On Jun 22, 2017
what stop them from promoting all those who contributed to nabbing the man "Evans"

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by Buharimustgo: 5:57pm On Jun 22, 2017
As for me and my households we love Abba Kyari

4 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by Nickymezor(f): 6:15pm On Jun 22, 2017
ijustdey:

what stop them from promoting all those who contributed to nabbing the man "Evans"
Abi oo... Dat will mk more sense. Every party will be happy.
Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by Modsenemy(f): 6:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
With such rapid promotions , he would become a boss to his bosses

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by ALAYORMII: 7:34pm On Jun 22, 2017
Palaver don dey show face
Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by KingOvoramwen1(m): 7:34pm On Jun 22, 2017

BAD BELLE NA DESEASE !!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 22, 2017
Abba Kyari ....abeg watch your back....some people in the NPF are not happy with your success....esp those on Evans payroll

21 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by veacea: 7:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
This one weak me die so tey adon even know what to write

6 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by 3rdavefarms(m): 7:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
RANK AND FILE. My foot ... Why is the guy above me shaking leg because he weak sote

Promoted to SS2 with Prado SUV each ... E no easy to arrest highest paid kidnapper with "FLAT + CONE " head ooooo

3 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by kayjee101: 7:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
Not perturbed at all.
Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by sapientia(m): 7:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
Promotions for catching kidnappers...

Why has Nigeria be paying for all their trainings and paying them salary?

Promoting them to be serviced with tax payers money abi..

We are second to none when it comes to being unprofessional

15 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by chuksanambra: 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
There are many ways to reward competence, Promotion isn't the only way. They should be given the NPM (Nigerian Police Medal) or something else.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by burkingx(f): 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by dfrost: 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
AK my man wink

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by Swegzfreak: 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
BRING ALL YOUR GIFT CARDS, I WILL BUY THEM @ SEXY RATES ... I BUY ITUNES, AMAZON, STEAM WALLET AND VANILLA GIFT CARDS

COME TO MY WHATSAPP

WORRY NOT, LEGIT IS IN MY BLOOD

HAPPY TRADING
Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
Haha, why is it causing confusion? Performance based promotion is a thing all over the world and I don't see a reason why it should cause problems for us here in Nigeria.

So office politics also plays out in the civil service? I thought it was only in private companies that such things happen. The men who made the breakthrough went the extra mile: they are deserving of whatever reward, accolade, promotion etc. that is showered upon them.

Leveling up with their former seniors is not a problem here. If I were the IGP, I would advise the seniors who are averse to a possible leveling up to put in more work and achieve high profile results in order to get performance based promotion, and put all this nonsense talk of leveling up and hierarchy to rest.

Seniors, no fuc..ks given -- sorry.

5 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by abumeinben(m): 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2017

Some of the senior officers who were aware of the plot were against it; saying that the officers were supposed to be rewarded not minding whether they were promoted a week before they achieved such historic high profile arrest of kidnapping gang.

So?

If they become mates with their superiors, so?
What were the superiors doing? Why did they enrol? Dishing out orders?
Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by hisroyalrealnes(m): 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
Oh gosh....not again!
Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by MaziOmenuko: 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
Shey there was a bounty of N30mil on Evans head? They should just share the money to the officers involved and forget promotion.

I understand what their colleagues are grunting about, it wouldn't be fair to the system in all honesty. There should be reward for hard work but double promotion shouldn't be it. Give them the bounty so there will be peace, b4 person put bullet for another person skul come talk say na accidental discharge.

8 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by tesppidd: 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
Evans is a role model to ipob. Period.
Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by thunderrider: 7:40pm On Jun 22, 2017
Bad belle people

To work hard, you no gree

Unna dey beef dos wey work well

Smhh smmhhh for dem
Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by Samusu(m): 7:41pm On Jun 22, 2017
hmmmmmm
Re: Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest by habex005(m): 7:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
Promotion in.... lieu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

12 Governors In Nigeria Are Gay - Uche Maduagwu Says / INEC Declares Seriake Dickson Winner Of Bayelsa Election / Moremi Ojudu Writes A Letter To Tinubu: "You Sold Us Using Lagos As Model"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.