Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:59 PM

Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday (5614 Views)

Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques / Ramadan: Sultan Directs Muslims To Look For New Moon / Eid-el-fitr 2018: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon Thursday, June 14. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday by Nne5: 6:35pm On Jun 22, 2017
Eid el-Fitr: Sultan urges Muslims to look for new moon on Saturday

Published June 22, 2017

Sultan of Sokoto Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III
The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar, has urged the Muslim Ummah in the country to look for the new Moon of Shawwal on Saturday, June 24.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the Sultan made the call in a statement signed by the Chairman, Advisory Committee on Religious Affairs, Sultanate Council, Sokoto, Prof. Sambo Wali on Thursday.

“This is to inform the Muslim Ummah that Saturday, June 24, which is equivalent to 29th day of Ramadan,1438 AH, shall be the day to look for the new Moon of Shawwal, 1438 AH.

” Muslims are therefore requested to start looking for the new moon of Shawwal, 1438 AH, Saturday.

” They should report its sighting to the nearest District of Village Head, for onward communication to the Sultan,” he said.

The sultan urged the Muslim Ummah to report the sighting of the new moon to the sultanate council on the following numbers:

0803-715-7100, 0706-741-6900, 0806-630-3077, 0806-548-0405, 0803-59 kiss5-7392, 0803-596-5322 and 0803-614-9767.

NAN
Lalasticlala
http://punchng.com/eid-el-fitr-sultan-urges-muslims-to-look-for-new-moon-saturday/
Re: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday by whitebeard(m): 6:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
pls and if they don't see the moon pls tell them to pls extend the holiday pls..biko lemme rest well.

23 Likes

Re: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday by ExAngel007(f): 6:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
happie holiday
Re: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday by Unimaginable123: 6:40pm On Jun 22, 2017
whitebeard:
pls and if they don't see the moon pls tell them to pls extend the holiday pls..biko lemme rest well.
hahaha. Like they did before.
The Sallah will be Sunday or Monday.

3 Likes

Re: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday by whitebeard(m): 6:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
Unimaginable123:
hahaha. Like they did before.
The Sallah will be Sunday or Monday.
abeg I just want them to prolong the holiday.

4 Likes

Re: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday by greatgod2012(f): 6:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
Long weekend for workers!

3 Likes

Re: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday by Riduane: 7:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
They must find it on Saturday o angry
Re: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday by ayatt(m): 9:29am On Jun 23, 2017
May Allah SWT make us witness it....Ameen
Re: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 23, 2017
Please the moon shouldn't be Found till next weekend. I NEED TO REST!!!

I NEED A VERY LONG HOLIDAY!

That feeling when the alarm buzzes and you don't care, you just continue dreaming and telling your friends at Dreamland not to worry it's HOLIDAY.

You spread your legs and sleep like you gat no worries.

Now that's what I want.

Tired of this morning rush to work

(Singing)

Moon Moon Go Away angry
Come Out Again By Next Weekend
Stephanie Stephanie Wants to Rest. angry angry angry

Happy Eid El-Fitr to all Muslim Faithful's

Alhamdulilah For the Strenght to Fast And Pray.

Insha Allah, Nigeria will be great again.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday by Abasstoheeb(m): 11:38am On Jun 23, 2017
I pray it fall on Monday
All lecture during dt week has vanish
Re: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday by Zeinymira(f): 11:38am On Jun 23, 2017
Riduane:
Lol at MUST
Re: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday by olatunyemi(m): 11:40am On Jun 23, 2017
happy Eid fitr in advance, if moon is not sighted tomorrow, then Monday is sallah, may Allah grant us the ability to witness Eid and may he accept all our form of Ibadah

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 23, 2017
Riduane:

grin grin Are you tired of fasting?

1 Like

Re: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday by Riduane: 12:01pm On Jun 23, 2017
FNG1:

grin grin Are you tired of fasting?

No tongue
Re: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday by Dotman23(m): 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2017
StephDamielola:

That feeling when the alarm buzzes and you don't care, you just continue dreaming and telling your friends at Dreamland not to worry it's HOLIDAY.

Now that's what I want.

(Singing)

Moon Moon Go Away angry

1 Like

Re: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday by Amirullaha(m): 2:11pm On Jun 23, 2017
[quote author=Dotman23 post=57780017][/quote]
But you wicked no be small o...
Re: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday by Amirullaha(m): 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
StephDamielola:

Now that's what I want.

(Singing)

Moon Moon Go Away angry

You don't want to work again arbi
Re: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday by EnEnPeecee: 3:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
These Arabs and moon na wao. Are they worshipping the moon
Re: Sultan Urges Muslims To Look For New Moon,Saturday by trigonometry: 6:32pm On Jun 23, 2017
EnEnPeecee:
These Arabs and moon na wao. Are they worshipping the moon
Fool! Where did u see that it was said that "worship the moon" that new moon is just an indication for the beginning of a new lunar month if u don't know. I don't know why people feels so comfortable being stupid.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Black Africans Moslems Considered Inferior By The Arabs Moslems / Incest And Islam / Bidha ( Innovation In Islam)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.