Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) (28112 Views)

Dr. Bukola Bello: Mum Who Went Back To School After 4 Kids, Graduates With A PhD / Lagos School Principal Becomes A Student For One Day / Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by mercytripletz: 10:10pm On Jun 22, 2017
Sixteen-year-old, Bukola Zoffun, who emerged One-Day Governor yesterday in Lagos state, has said that her tenure will be use to champion the course for girl child education in the state.

Miss Zoffun, a senior secondary school pupil of Awodi-Ora Secondary High School Ajegunle, Ajeromi-Ifelodun Local Government Area yesterday won the grand finale of this year’s Spelling Bee competition, organised by the Ministry of Education.

She told our reporter that the road to the victory was not easy, saying “I have put in my best effort to have been selected at the preliminary level and here I am today a proud winner.”

The One-Day Governor, who desires to be a lawyer, said the exposure she has gotten from the competition will help realise her dream.

“I am very happy to be part of this competition, and I can tell you that this has given me great exposure that will help me to achieve my dream of becoming a lawyer.

“As the winner of the competition, I will have the opportunity to be the One-Day Governor, and I will equally use this platform to promote the need for girl child education, because what I have learnt so far is that every child has a right to education.”

She praised her teachers for helping to prepare her and other pupils from her school that participated, saying that the participants have gone through vigorous training in the last six months.

Lagos State Deputy Governor Dr Idiat Adebule said the competition is getting better each year due to the effort of the teachers and the government’s investment in the education.

Represented by the Chairman, Lagos State House of Assembly Committee on Education, Mr Lanre Ogunyemi, Mrs Adebule hailed the courage and boldness exhibited by the participants.

She said the government will introduce more curriculums to improve their learning standard, adding that government will not relent in its effort to reposition educational standard.

Tutor General/Permanent Secretary Education District V, Mrs Anike Adekanye, lauded the state government for the initiative which she said has assisted public schools’ pupils.

She said the teachers and staff of the school work so heard with the pupils, adding that the effort of their hard work has paid off with two of the students from the district wining the first and second positions.

While the winner of the competition will be crown One-Day Governor as well as a cheque of N250,000, the first and second runners-up – Miss Rosemary Ogidan of Methodist Senior High School, Badagry and Master Philip Daniel of Yewa Senior High school, Agege – got cash prizes of N150,000 and N100,000 respectively.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/thenationonlineng.net/ill-champion-girl-child-education-says-one-day-governor/amp/

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by auntysimbiat(f): 10:35pm On Jun 22, 2017
Congrats to her

4 Likes

Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by Tolexander: 10:37pm On Jun 22, 2017

Sixteen-year-old, Bukola Zoffun, who emerged One-Day Governor yesterday in Lagos state, has said that her tenure will be used to champion the course for girl child education in the state.
may her tenure bring peace to the state and stop the agitation for secession in the country at large!

28 Likes

Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by mercytripletz: 10:47pm On Jun 22, 2017
Tolexander:

may her tenure bring peace to the state and stop the agitation for secession in the country at large!

Na one day Governor na no be One year

42 Likes

Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by williamdeluxe(m): 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2017
sօʄʀʏ sօʄʀʏ tʀaռsʄɛʀ 10ʍɨʟʟɨօռ ɨռtօ ʊʀ քaքa aċċօʊռt...tʏʍ ռօ ɖʏ again

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by lytech1(m): 11:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 23, 2017
This money will pay how many NPower workers
Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 23, 2017
Maybe she can take some decision to clear drains during the rainy season.

The present person is screwing up big time.
Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by bigsmoke2(m): 8:18am On Jun 23, 2017
Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by TheHistorian(m): 9:07am On Jun 23, 2017
Patiently waiting for the "charge and dismiss" lawyers to debunk the legality of this "one-day" Governor position. grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by Camlot000007: 9:07am On Jun 23, 2017
A 16yrs old could even be better than Buhari

8 Likes

Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by Hygist: 9:08am On Jun 23, 2017
chai

Kenyan celebrity Risper Faith aka the Booty Queen naekked photos le*ked

http://www.dehelm.com/2015/09/kenyan-celebrity-risper-faith-aka-booty.html
Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by brandydaniells(m): 9:08am On Jun 23, 2017
eleyi igidi grin grin grin gan
Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 23, 2017
Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by mangala14(m): 9:08am On Jun 23, 2017
It's a nice to encourage the students.
How I wish Buhari can give up his throne for just 1hr

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by nwakibie3(m): 9:08am On Jun 23, 2017
make the girl award contracts and collect commission now now or do transfer to her brothers' account sharply.... grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by lajoshua: 9:08am On Jun 23, 2017
This is very progressive!!

See why she was selected here: http://atomcurve.com/1UGu
Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by keypad1: 9:09am On Jun 23, 2017
Person fit dey fvck this girl somewhere ooooo
Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by brandydaniells(m): 9:09am On Jun 23, 2017
why am i soo dumb
Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by wokemzine: 9:09am On Jun 23, 2017
With NwaAmaikpe banned, i can now read such good news in peace.

Nice one, congrat girl

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 23, 2017
Tolexander:

would advise u to re-read d post

1 Like

Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by kenbee(f): 9:10am On Jun 23, 2017
Ambode 's publicity Stunt

3 Likes

Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by ademoladeji(m): 9:10am On Jun 23, 2017
grin angry
Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by generaluthman: 9:10am On Jun 23, 2017
Congrats
Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by maxiquadrian(m): 9:10am On Jun 23, 2017
Future Leader. dem niggas neva use kongi disturb. Good 4 Her
Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 23, 2017
Good people of nairaland.com, please I need your help here. https://www.nairaland.com/3877035/need-serious-financial-assistance
Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by toyinjimoh(m): 9:11am On Jun 23, 2017
she should awards some contract to her father...asap
Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by bastien: 9:11am On Jun 23, 2017
Cool cash
Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 23, 2017
This is a welcome development

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bukola Zoffun Emerges Lagos State One-Day Governor (Photos) by robosky02(m): 9:13am On Jun 23, 2017
is this recognized by the constitution

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What I Did To Help My Child Improve In Maths / Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground / University Of Benin In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.