Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,692 members, 7,805,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Stone Cold - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Stone Cold (16268 Views)

Cold But Charmin / Kasala The Lighting Stone / Cold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stone Cold by Leriebloom(f): 11:56pm On Jun 22, 2017
Episode one.

It was a really hot afternoon. Tuesday cleaned her wet hand on her shorts and used it to wipe out the sweat running down her face.
She hated her life.
She hated her name. Come on! Who named their daughter Tuesday? Her mother and late father.
She hated that she had to be the one doing the laundry for the whole house.
You see.....her life was complicated. She was from a rich home. Her mother was the second wife of one of the biggest business tycoon before he died willing all his properties to his first wife. Out of pity (as the yellow witch said) she decided to keep them in the house as her maids.
Tuesday hated the fact that her mother was quiet but that was understandable because her mom was sick.
She had to look after her mother and at the same time, take care of the extremely big house. Sometimes she wondered if things would have been different if her mother was educated, but that was the direct opposite.

Rumours had it that her father had not loved his first wife, in fact, he had despised her and their marriage had been a failed attempt for an arranged marriage.
Her father had met her mom four years after his wife had bore him a daughter.

The yellow witch had despised her mother, and had seen no problem in showing it.
It was still a mystery why her father would will all his properties to her.

Tuesday was drawn out of her thought when Candie walked in.

"Baby girl, you are not done?" She said with a sweet voice.

Candie was her step sister. She was everything that Candie wasn't. She was beautiful. She dressed really well and she was classy.

"Would be done soon" Tuesday replied with a genuine smile. Candie was the direct opposite of her mother. Although she was spoilt, she was genuine and she loved Tuesday.
"Tutu, lemme add this three jeans pleaseee" Candie pleaded.

Tuesday shrugged."you can drop it, I would wash them, it's no big deal" she said sweetly.

Candie dropped the jeans and was just about sitting down next to Tuesday to keep her company when she heard a scream from upstairs. It was the yellow witch, she was standing in the balcony and glaring down at both girls.

"Candie, what are you doing there ehnn" she screamed.
"Mummy, I came to drop some clothes for Tuesday to wash" she said grumbling.
"Come upstairs this minute" the yellow witch screamed out.
For a minute, Tuesday thought the Yellow's witch lungs would fall out and she laughed out at the thought. Candie stared at her like she had just grown an extra head.

The yellow witch hissed and walked inside.

"You could get into trouble for what you just did, you know?" Candie whispered hotly.

"And why are you whispering , don't tell me you are scared. What is the worse that could happen Candy...she starves me that's the only thing she is good at doing" Tuesday said concentrating on rinsing out the clothes.

"You make her sound so bad, she is my mother you know?" Candie said with hurt feelings.

"I just said the truth now. Your mother is always unfair to my mother and I. She refuses to get a washing machine because she has a human washing machine. She refuses to get a cleaner because she has me. She refuses to even let me go to school because she says I am busy taking care of the house. I miss school regularly because of your mother. I do basically everything in this house except bathing her. I cook, I clean every room in this massive house everyday, I wash everyone's clothes, I even wash you and your mother's panties. Candy that gives me every reason to talk now" Tuesday said with teary eyes and Candy hugs her.

"I didn't know that was how you felt baby. I know I am spoilt because that was how I was brought up and I haven't been helping matters for you at all and I am sorry" Candy said touching her cheeks gently.

Tuesday smiled "it's no big deal" she lied.
It was a huge deal.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stone Cold by Leriebloom(f): 11:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
Episode two

As days, months and years flew by, the girls grew even more prettier and distant. Tuesday was eighteen years old and had dropped out of school to take care of her sick mother, while Candie was twenty one already have rounding up her finals.

Candie was never home and was always going out to God knows where. The yellow witch on the other hand was still her annoying self, always finding ways to insult Tuesday and her sick mother.

Tuesday had gotten used to it, her words affected her no more. Tuesday had no time for guys, although there was a guy who she admired so much, a guy who saw her as just a friend and a sister. His name was Tommy

It was plain annoying.

He was the Gardner's son who was studying theatre arts in the university of Lagos . He was another guy who was smitten by Candie's beauty. He was always coming around when Candie was home . Tuesday knew that the only reason Tommy came visiting was because of Candie.

Tuesday was scrubbing the ground because that was the way the yellow witch liked it. She was wearing a shorts that had grown overly short because she had been wearing it for years and she had outgrown them. She was wearing a singlet that was extremely light and had grown transparent because she had carelessly poured water on herself. There was just one word to describe her, a hot mess.

She wasn't aware that someone was watching her until she turned around. She slipped and fell in shock.

"Owww, I think my waist is broken, no, I know it's broken" she cried out and the stranger chuckled helping her up with his hands on her waist, rubbing gently.

"Sorry honey" the stranger cooed and Tuesday felt like humming. She slapped herself mentally. She was in the arms of a total stranger and she was loving it.
She placed her palms on his chest to push him away but she found herself feeling his abs. She had never gotten this close to a man and it felt so good. She had to pull herself together. She stepped back.

"Who are you?" She asked, it sounded like the logical question to ask.

"Xavier" he said it like she was supposed to know who he was. Tuesday arched a brow, he just mentioned a name, how was she supposed to know he was.

"And I am supposed to start jumping hmmn?" Ouch...that wasn't supposed to come out, it had slipped.

"Xavier Raymond, Candie's friend" he said drily and Tuesday knelt down and continued with her scrubbing.

"She is not home, call her the next time you are planning on coming over" Tuesday said nonchalantly. She wasn't willing to get herself in trouble by talking to Candie's visitors.

The Xavier guy got the message. She was avoiding him and she had no problem showing it.

Xavier sighed and walked away.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Tuesday was so tired, she had been working all day. She was just about jumping on the bed when Candie strolled in, wearing a black bodicon dress with a deep v neck that exposed her cleavage. The dress hugged her like a second skin. It was pretty understandable why guys were following like a moth drawn to the flame.

"Tuu baby, how are you?" Candie asked sweetly which made Tuesday give her a suspicion filled gaze.

"I am fine?" She said with an arched brow and Candie laughed sitting on the bed.

"I know we have been quite distant lately, I have been really busy with school and so much, I need your help Tuu" Candie said batting her lashes.

Tuesday groaned inwardly. "Let's hear what she has to say" she thought.

"Okay, lemme hear you" Tuesday said sitting on the bed.

"I need your help, Tommy is coming tomorrow" Candie said happily. She was head over heels in love with the gardener's son.

"Okayyy, how does that involve me?" Tuesday asked drily .

"Xavier is coming over tomorrow and I need you to keep him distracted because mom said I can't avoid to loose him. You see his father is really wealthy and he runs so many businesses. And Xavier on the other hand just started his music career and he is making it really good. Mom thinks that he is the right connection for me" Candie said excitedly and I dawned on Tuesday why the Xavier guy had said his name expecting her to know him.

"So what am I supposed to do?" Tuesday asked drily.

"Keep him distracted, I said that already" Candie said rolling her eyes.

"How am I supposed to do that? Tie him down?" Tuesday asked dramatically.

"No of course not. Gist with him, do what you have to do. Just buy me time so that I could talk to Tommy. He has been avoiding me lately" Candie said sadly.

"Okay fine" Tuesday said not knowing how she was going to handle the situation.

"Thank you Tuu....and try not to wear any of your outworn clothes. Look for something nice to wear too" Candie said standing up from the bed and smoothing are dress.

"I would wear what I want to wear Candie. I am helping you already and that should be enough so be grateful" Tuesday said with a frown causing Candie to roll her eyes.

"Whatever" Candie said waving it off and catwalking out of Tuesday's room.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stone Cold by Leriebloom(f): 11:59pm On Jun 22, 2017
Episode three

"Some girls feel best in their tiny dresses
Some girls in nothin' but sweatpants, looking like a princess
Some girls kiss new lips every single night
They're stayin' out late cause they just celebrating life

You know some days you feel so good in your own skin
But it's okay if you wanna change the body that you came in
Cause you look greatest when you feel like a damn queen
We're all just playing a game in a way, tryna win that life

Most girls are smart and strong and beautiful
Most girls work hard, go far, we are unstoppable
Most girls, our fight to make every day
No two are the same
I wanna be like, I wanna be like most girls"

Most girls - Hailee Steinfield

♦♦♦

Tuesday stared at the only three dresses she had. They were all worn out. She didn't know that she was unconsciously trying to make herself look good for Xavier's visit. She lied to herself that reverse was the case, that she was only picking out what to wear like every other day.

She sighed staring at her battered dresses. She wished she had better choices. She pushed the dresses aside and went for a worn out Jean shorts and a small polo which had grown even smaller over the years.

She was about going into the bathroom when her mother entered the room looking pale and tired.

"Good morning mom" Tuesday said with a sweet smile walking quickly towards her mother and leading her to the bed.

"Good morning sweety" her mother replied looking at the dresses scattered on the bed.
"Going out?" her mother asked.

Tuesday shook her head. "No". She wasn't about to tell her mother that she was trying to impress one of Candie's male friends.

" Sheila needs you to go to the market this morning " her mom said.

"You make it sound like the yellow witch asked nicely" Tuesday said going into the bathroom to brush her teeth.

"You shouldn't call her that" her mom said softly.

"You should stop being nice mom. That woman has never played nice to us" Tuesday grumbled.

"That doesn't mean you should play her cards too. We are not Sheila" her mom said with a sigh.

"I would try to tell my subconscious not to think of her as the yellow witch" Tuesday lied.

♥♥♥♥

Tuesday had hurried with her chores today. She sat down on the sofa and picked the remote to turn on the television when she heard a male voice. She turned around immediately.

"You shouldn't get scared every time you hear my voice you know?" Xavier said with a smirk.

"And you cannot keep on crawling up on people you know?" She said raising her chin.

"Okay I get, I won't do that anymore" he said raising his hands up in surrender.

"Good" she said with a sweet smile.

"Where is Candie?" Xavier asked walking towards Tuesday.

"She stepped out to do something. She would be back any moment from now" she lied.

Xavier gave her a curt nod in reply and sat down on the same sofa with her. "You never did tell me your name you know?" He said staring into her eyes and she felt her heart beat increase. This was strange, she had never felt this way before.

"Tuesday" she said softly and he smirked.
"Of course, today is Tuesday and how does that got to do with my question" he said giving her his full attention and Tuesday felt a tiny billion butterflies begin to play hide and seek in her stomach.

"That's my name, Tuesday Akinlolu" she said with a shrug, trying her best to pretend like she had this conversation with a hot guy every day.

Xavier arched his brow, "you are Candie's sister?" he asked in confusion, staring at her from head to toe.

"Yea, I am her step sister, surprised I am not as light skinned as her, instead with a dark caramel color? Or I don't dress up to your standards, which of them?" Tuesday attacked him with a raised chin.

"No, not that....,she never mentioned a sister. Hell, the media doesn't know there is a sister" Xavier said biting his lips drawing Tuesday's attention to his lips.

She slapped herself mentally. "Candie isn't one to speak much" Tuesday defended her sister and Xavier waved it off with a curt nod.

They gisted for a while and Tuesday poured out herself to Xavier, telling him what she loved which included singing but she had never tried singing in front of anyone. She talked about books she liked and she discovered that Xavier had a vast knowledge of books and authors. He had read basically all the books she had mentioned. She also talked about how she loved dancing.

"You know, you are not like most girls" Xavier said and it felt like icy water had been poured on Tuesday. She wanted be like most girls, she wanted to have a life outside this house, she wanted to own nice dresses, she wanted to act chick. For Christ sake, she wanted it all.

Xavier noticed Tuesday's countenance change and was just about to speak when Candie walked in.

"I gotta go" Tuesday said not waiting for his response. The last thing she heard before leaving was Candie ask "baby is she okay?" And then Tuesday knew that there was no need raise her hopes high.
Xavier would never be hers.

♥♥♥

Comment "yes" for more updates

5 Likes

Re: Stone Cold by abefe99: 4:20am On Jun 23, 2017
this is interesting please more update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stone Cold by Leriebloom(f): 3:23pm On Jun 23, 2017
Episodede four

"It's the little things you do that make me want you
And the not so little things that make me need you
Just one look and I'm dropping jaws
Just one touch and I'm slammin' doors
'cause it's the little things you do that make me love you"

Things - Maggie Lindeman

Tuesday was about entering the building when she saw Tommy.
It seemed like he had been avoiding her lately and she wondered why. She shouted his name, calling him his full name.
"Tomiwa" she said with folded arms, wondering if he would turn around.

"Tuesday you know you mustn't call me that" he said with his signature smirk and Tuesday felt her heart beat speed up. He was really cute. But that wasn't what she loved about him. It was his realness she fell in love with after all. Love keh. What was she even thinking.

"You know I only call you that when you have done something wrong" Tuesday said talking to him with folded arms. He was six years older than her but that didn't stop her from talking to him.

He laughed and Tuesday raised a brow. "See this dude o, I am a clown now right, it is okay, I didn't call you. It was a mistake" she said frowning and was about turning around to enter the house.

"Stop jor. You want to start with this your shakara today. I no get strength for that one abeg" he said holding her arm, stopping her from entering the house.

Tuesday raised a brow, "so why have you been avoiding me hmmn?" She asked with a frown.

He smiled,unconsciously drawing circles on her arm. She relaxed into his touch.
"Tomorrow is your birthday right?" He asked dipping his hand into his pocket.

"Yea, you know I don't celebrate my birthdays" she said drily. It was the day her father died. She had been eight years old and she had seen it happen. It had felt like it happened just yesterday.
They had been on the dining and he had been eating okro soup and garri. Something she had despised. She still hated the food. He had asked her to try it and she had shook her head telling him she hated the food. He had laughed it off and had continued eating. He had started coughing and she had given him his cup of water which even made it worse. He kept coughing while holding his chest before he fell to the ground. She saw blood coming from his mouth and she had screamed. Her mother wasn't home but Sheila had been home but no one had come out. She had screamed louder already panicking, holding her father and asking him what was wrong with him. The gateman had rushed into the house and had helped her but it was too late.
She was drawn out of her thoughts when Tommy shook her arm.
"What is it?" She asked looking confused.
"You just zoomed out. Are you okay?" He asked with a worried expression.
"Yea I am good" she said with a forced smile.

"That's not true but I won't press on it. I got you an early birthday present" he said with one of his charming smiles.

She returned his smile, "Okay let me see" she said happily.

He dipped a hand into his left pocket and brought out a tiny jewellery box. He placed it gently on her palm.

Tuesday opened it and gasped when she saw the content. It was a silver chain with a tear drop pendant that looked like a diamond. She stared hard at it with teary eyes. It was so beautiful.

"This is so beautiful" she gasped and Tommy smiled.

"Just like you hon" he said with a smile.

"But I can't accept this, its too much. I mean how did you get the money?" She said still staring at the beautiful necklace.

Tommy laughed, "I couldn't afford it for the life of me. It's one of my mother's jewellries, my dad wanted you to have it too" he said with a shrug.

"If you guys had this in your possession, why didn't you sell it?" She asked looking surprised.

"It's special and moreover my father doesn't believe in selling one's possession. Never sell it Tuesday" he said with all seriousness.
"You know I would never do that, but I can't accept this Tommy" she said handing the box back to him. He took it and opened the box, removing the necklace.
"It's a gift Tuesday, you have got to accept it" he said pushing her wild natural curls aside and placing the necklace around her neck.
Tuesday gasped softly. She could feel his body heat. He was so close that she could feel his breath on her head. Butterflies started flying up and down in her stomach.

Tommy stepped back and smiled at her. "This is your birthday gift hon" he said huskily and Tuesday smiled shakily. This was not the gift she wanted from Tommy, she wanted something more. She wanted his love, but since she couldn't have that, she was going to go for a kiss. A memory she would always be able to fall back to. Her first kiss. Without thinking, she moved closer to Tommy and placed her lips on his. Sucking on his lower lip. Tommy didn't kiss back at first but he later gave into Tuesday's soft and full lips. He pulled her closer and took control of the kiss. He changed from the seduced to the seducer. He used his tongue to make love to her mouth.
He was just about to pull her even closer when they heard a voice.

He was just about to pull her even closer when they heard a voice.

"Tuesday...I see why you aren't into me" it was Xavier.
Tuesday pulled back in shock. There was no way this was happening. What if he went ahead to tell Candie about this.
Tuesday was speechless. Tomi wasn't saying anything to help her out and it was killing her. Well it wasn't his fault though. She had just kissed him out of the blues so she sure as hell wasn't expecting him not to be speechless.

"Is Candie in?" Xavier asked trying to cool the tension off.

"Yea she is" Tuesday blurted out wanting to Xavier to leave. Xavier only gave a curt nod in reply and went inside.

"What was that all about and who is that dude?" Tomi asked curiously.

"That's Xavier, a family friend" Tuesday said trying to avoid his first question.

Tomi stared at her like he didn't believe her. "And the kiss?" He asked with a raised brow.

"Uhmmn, that...uhhh...I erm rather we don't talk about it?" Tuesday said stammering and Tomi shook his head.

"Sometimes it's difficult to understand you, you know?" He said with no expression.

She could tell him she loved him but she was going to betray Candie's trust and she wasn't planning on doing that. She parted her lips to speak but no words came out.

"I have got something to do, I can't stand here all day listening to your imaginary words" Tomi said with dripping sarcasm and walked away, leaving Tuesday heart broken.

♥♥♥♥

Tuesday walked into the room to see her mother packing some of her father's things on the bed.

"Mum, what are you up to?" Tuesday said sitting on the bed.

"I am trying to sort some things out" she said with a cracked voice.

"Some things or Dad's things you mean?" Tuesday asked picking a journal.
"So dad kept a journal" Tuesday said to herself glancing through without reading any complete sentence, she closed it.
"Yea, your dad's things" her mother said softly and Tuesday stared at her mother's pale face, something was wrong.

"What is wrong mum?" Tuesday asked dropping the journal.

"Sheila has asked us to leave" Her mother said with teary eyes and Tuesday felt her heart break for the second time that afternoon.

"That witch" Tuesday spat out angrily.

"You shouldn't call her that, she gave us a week to leave, at least she is being considerate" Her mother said causing Tuesday to frown.

"Mum you won't call that considerate.You are too compassionate . This is your husband's house, my father's house for Christ sake. We have no where else to go" Tuesday said placing a hand on her forehead.

"We do. We have my sister in Ibadan" Her mother said with sagged shoulders. Tuesday felt a tear drop. She couldn't believe that this was happening to her.

"But you never speak about her" Tuesday said with concern.

"That's because we had a fall out years before you were even born. She was into prostitution and I didn't like it. I told her to leave it but she refused. It was a means of surviving for her. We were so broke that we couldn't even afford two square meals a day but that wasn't an excuse for her to sleep with pot bellied men who were years older than her. I hated everything she was doing to herself. I hated the fact that she let those men do things to her. I hated what she was doing to herself. Letting men manhandle her, use her for their selfish pleasures. There was a night she came back home all bruised. I couldn't stand the sight of it. I couldn't understand why a man would do that to her. I begged her, I pleaded with her not to go back. I told her to promise me that she wouldn't. I told her we would survive even without those men. I had taken a job as a cleaner at a rich man's house who turned out to be your father. I told her the pay was going to keep food on our table.
She promised me that she wouldn't go back that night but the next day she went again. I was furious. I told her to choose between those men and me. But she chose them and it broke my heart. I couldn't stay to watch her destroy her life, so I left and never went back" Her mother said with tears flowing down her eyes.

Tuesday hugged her. "I am so sorry...., I am sorry" she said softly. They were survivor's. It was all going to be okay.

3 Likes

Re: Stone Cold by Leriebloom(f): 3:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
Episode 5

"Are you listening?
I'm knocking on your heart. Could you let me in?
Tell me I'm the one and I've always been, cause I don't wanna wonder if we'll ever meet again
I'm knocking on your heart, could you let me in?"

Maggie Lindeman- knocking on your heart.

♥♥♥

Tuesday was in her room thinking of what she could do to make this mess go away when she heard voices in the passage way.

It was the yellow witch and Candie.

"I don't care! I don't want to know who the father of that bastard you are carrying is but you are going to marry Xavier before this is all blown out" Sheila screamed and Tuesday who had been listening bit back a gasp.

"But mummy, I can't force another man's child on Xavier, it is just fifty shades of wrong" Candie screeched.

"Stupid child, I can't believe i gave birth to you. You reason like a fool. I am not expecting any other man less than Xavier. If the father of that child you are carrying is wealthier than him I don't have a problem, but if not, hold your peace" Sheila said turning around.

Tuesday went into her room and closed the door carefully.She couldn't believe Sheila would want to do this to her daughter, but she had more pressing issues to think of. How she and her mother would survive.

♦♦♦♦

Tuesday was deep in thoughts unaware of Tomi watching her.
He was confused. He couldn't understand the kiss, he had not stopped thinking of it. She had stirred up things in me that not even Sheila had. He wanted her so bad but he had greater issues to think of. Candie had told him she was pregnant with Xavier's child but he knew she was lying. His guts told him that the child was his'.

Tuesday was sweeping when she felt someone looking at her. She turned around when she saw Tomi.

"Tomi why are you creeping up on me" She said folding her arms.
Tomi took his time to study her. She was beautiful. She was way prettier than any girl he had ever seen. He wondered why had not noticed this about her. She had full stubborn curls with a skin dark and glowing like caramel.
Her lips, God her lips were full with pink lower lip. She had full lashes, one would think she fixed them. Then her nose, it was pointed and straight. Her soft curves were to die for. Her breast was just the right and perfect shape. He noticed she wasn't wearing a bra because he could see the outline of her nipple. One would think she was wearing a bra because they were standing.

Tuesday drew him out of his perverted and pure unadulterated thoughts.

"Sorry, what did you say?" He asked shaking the thoughts out of his head.

"I need to tell you something Tomi" She said softly

"What is that?" He asked with concern.

Tuesday knew she had to tell him how she felt now, before she left.

"I need to let you know that I love you Tomiwa and it is not as a sister. I love you like a woman loves a man." Tuesday said with her heart on her sleeve.

Tomi was happy. He was happy he had her love, but he was sad that he had responsibilities to handle. Being a father to Candie's baby. He had to choose and it hurt him so bad to know that he was not going to pick Tuesday over his child.

"Loving me is useless" And with just that sentence, Tomi had broken her heart into tiny shreds of pieces.

•••••••

Tuesday and her mother left the next day.

Tuesday had wanted to say her goodbyes to Candie, but the girl wasn't around.

They were leaving for Ibadan to start a new life and Tuesday swore to drop every thought of the past behind her.

She wasn't going to think of Tomi or even waste her tears over him.That, she promised herself.

4 Likes

Re: Stone Cold by abefe99: 4:17pm On Jun 23, 2017
nice one please more update

1 Like

Re: Stone Cold by souloho19(m): 10:06pm On Jun 23, 2017
Nice
Thank God its Friday not Tuesday...
Carry on lerie, definitely following
Re: Stone Cold by Leriebloom(f): 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2017
Episode 6

Tuesday found her mother's sister to be pretty nice. In fact she liked the woman.

Tuesday came to like Ibadan. It was a cool place to start her life afresh. Putting the past behind her. It was exactly what she needed right now.

She was in the kitchen doing the dishes when her aunt came in.
"Good afternoon ma" Tuesday greeted with respect.

"How are you sweety?" Her aunt asked nicely.

"I am good ma. Are you on your way out?" Tuesday asked.

"Yea, I am. On my way to the club" Her aunt said opening the fridge to take a bottle of water.

"When would you allow me to and dance for you" Tuesday asked with interest causing her aunt to roll her eyes.

"You know that's not possible ba?" Her aunt asked and Tuesday sighed.

"But why now?" Tuesday asked with a sad face.

"Your mom thinks its prostitution and I would rather not get her bad side" Her aunt said with a shrug.

"But you told me that it wasn't prostitution now, it's just dancing" Tuesday said rinsing a plate.

"Erotic dancing Tuesday" Her aunt said drinking water.

"Yea, I know but it doesn't involve sleeping with any man so it's not bad" Tuesday said with a sigh.

Her aunt shook her head. "I am still not letting you baby. I don't want to get your mom thinking in this already critical condition she is in. Come to think of it, don't you think it's high time we take your mom for a check up, to know what's wrong with her?" Her aunt asked purposely changing the topic.
Tuesday sighed, "I would have done that a long time ago if I had the money you know?" She said sadly.
Her aunt frowned slightly, "You know I can help with that. You don't even need to ask me about it. She is my sister"

Tuesday smiled sweetly. She wished she had met her aunt earlier.

°°°°°°°

Tuesday stared at the doctor like she had grown two heads.

"No, that can't be" Tuesday whispered with teary eyes.

"Doctor what do you mean?" Her aunt asked softly.

"The patient has pancreatic cancer which wasn't discovered early. I am so sorry ma'am, but she is far too gone. There is nothing we can do ma" the doctor said with a sigh.

Her aunt cried hard and Tuesday didn't know how to cry. She felt it difficult to breathe.

"No. Why is this happening to me!" Tuesday said placing her hands on her head.

♪•♪•♪•♪

Tuesday spent every minute nursing her mother. And with each passing day, her mother's health grew worse.

One afternoon Tuesday's mom called her into the room.

"My baby" her mom called her. She looked so frail that Tuesday had to bit back a cry. She couldn't stand the sight.

"I want you to tell me why I am sick. You can't keep hiding this from me, you know?" Her mom said holding her hands, and for the first time since the doctor broke the news to her, she cried, she couldnt stop the stream of tears that ran down her cheeks.

"I am so sorry, I am so so sorry. It's best you are not aware" Tuesday said touching her mother's cheeks.

"I have to know. I have to prepare myself for what is yet to happen" A tear escaped her mother's eyes.

"Mum, you have cancer" Tuesday cried out and her mother cried with her.

♪♪♪

Tuesday and her aunt made sure that her mom's remaining days was worthwhile. They gave her the love that she needed.

Her mom died two months after.

5 Likes

Re: Stone Cold by Lleigh(f): 7:28pm On Jun 24, 2017
following Leriebloom. You sealed it with the aversion for okro and garri grin

I don't like it either
Re: Stone Cold by Deji124(m): 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
Wow I So Much love dis story oya pls cum and kwantinue.

1 Like

Re: Stone Cold by samyfreshsmooth(m): 11:33pm On Jun 24, 2017
Following
Re: Stone Cold by Deji124(m): 2:46pm On Jun 25, 2017
Lemme invite sum people 2 make this interesting piece more busier. oya cum oh Hadampson bibijay queenite evajael leigh rachealfst chumzypinky meneski kimberlywest and her sister. Oya cum and invite more readers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stone Cold by meneski(m): 3:01pm On Jun 25, 2017
Deji124:
Lemme invite sum people 2 make this interesting piece more busier. oya cum oh Hadampson bibijay queenite evajael leigh rachealfst chumzypinky meneski kimberlywest and her sister. Oya cum and invite more readers.
....meneski says his here.
Re: Stone Cold by Deji124(m): 3:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
meneski:
....meneski says his here.
K welcome.
Re: Stone Cold by meneski(m): 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2017
Deji124:
K welcome.
... U guys have chilled Goldbergs right? Pls do d needfull
Re: Stone Cold by EvaJael(f): 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2017
Deji124:
I have landed. Thanks
Re: Stone Cold by Hadampson(m): 5:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
Deji124:
I don come... deji124 i see u(tanx 4 d mention)
brodas oya come oh
cc: stepheegee12, alamiendagash, boffinjay
Re: Stone Cold by nihinlolawa24(f): 5:43pm On Jun 25, 2017
nice story.lemme sit down jejely waiting for d next update. more knowledge to Leriebloom
Re: Stone Cold by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2017
Hadampson:
I don come... deji124 i see u(tanx 4 d mention)
brodas oya come oh
cc: stepheegee12, alamiendagash, boffinjay
i don land lyk nairaland
Re: Stone Cold by Deji124(m): 6:20pm On Jun 25, 2017
boffinjay:
i don land lyk nairaland
Re: Stone Cold by Deji124(m): 6:24pm On Jun 25, 2017
EvaJael:

I have landed. Thanks
K Welcome Hope U Brought Some Chilled drinks 4 the guys.
Re: Stone Cold by Deji124(m): 6:27pm On Jun 25, 2017
EvaJael:

I have landed. Thanks
K U are welcum hope u brought some chilled drinks 4 the guyz
Re: Stone Cold by Deji124(m): 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2017
meneski:
... U guys have chilled Goldbergs right? Pls do d needfull
We no sabi goldberg oh na only chilled yougurt and popcorn we sabi here.
Re: Stone Cold by XCELsis(f): 7:33pm On Jun 25, 2017
Come and updateoooooo

1 Like

Re: Stone Cold by Lleigh(f): 7:51pm On Jun 25, 2017
Deji124:

Deji124 I am here
Re: Stone Cold by meneski(m): 7:52pm On Jun 25, 2017
Deji124:
undecided
Deji124:
i go manage the later
Re: Stone Cold by abefe99: 7:52pm On Jun 25, 2017
please update ooooo

1 Like

Re: Stone Cold by Deji124(m): 8:32pm On Jun 25, 2017
Lleigh:

Deji124 I am here
U are highly welcome dear.
Re: Stone Cold by Leriebloom(f): 12:12am On Jul 07, 2017
Episode 7

Tuesday felt empty. She felt broken. There was a void in her heart that couldn't be filled.
She felt lonely.

Do I have a problem? Why do I seem to loose everyone around me? She voiced her thoughts and she was surprised to get a reply from her aunt.

"No you don't have a problem honey. You have me, you would always have me" her aunt said holding her hands.

Tuesday felt another tear slip. "What if I loose you?" She asked.

"Girl, I ain't going no where yet. You got me for life" her aunt replied with a chuckle. It was the beginning of a new bond for the both of them.

One afternoon Tuesday was in the sitting room watching a music station when her aunt joined her.

"Hey honey, I have been meaning to ask you a question" her aunt said with a serious face.

"Okay ma, hope it's nothing serious?" Tuesday asked with concern written all over her features.

"Not at all baby, how would you feel going back to school?" Her aunt asked.

Tuesday thought of it for a minute. She was twenty years already. She wasn't getting any younger.

"That would be great" Tuesday said with a big smile.

"That is great. We would start working on it. I have some good connections that would make it even easier for you" her aunt said with a smile.

"Thank you so much aunt. God would reward you" Tuesday said happily.

"You are welcome honey. I would leave you to your music while I go to the club" her aunt said standing up.

"I want to go with you today, please don't say no" Tuesday pleaded and her aunt sighed.

"Alright fine, I give you twenty minutes to get ready" her aunt said leaving the sitting room.

♪♪♪♪

Tuesday was wearing a black bodicon dress which accentuated her curves but was decent enough. Her wild curls were in a loose bun. She wasn't wearing any makeup except for her bright red lipstick.

Tuesday's aunt smiled at her appearance.

"You look pretty, I am running late already. Let's start going" she said taking the car keys.

When they stepped into the club, Tuesday felt light headed. She loved the feeling. Two girls were on the stage dancing slowly, they were almost wearing nothing. But they danced pretty well. Men's eyes were fixiated on their every move.

They walked into the back stage when a man who walked like a woman came to meet them. She learnt that his name was Bob.

"Good day ma'am, there is a little problem" Bob said dramatically.

"What's it now? I trust you to have everything under control" Her aunt said with a frown.

"It was a last minute thing ma'am. The next performer just called some minutes ago. Her brother was in some sort of accident. She can't make it" Bob said throwing his hands in the air.

"Well this is bad. Can't you use another girl to take in her place?" Her aunt asked with a frown.

Tuesday scratched her head softly. "I could help?" She suggested and her aunt frowned.

"Perfect, let's get you ready" Bob said with a wide grin.

"No way" her aunt said frowning.

"Pleaseee, I really want to do this. It would make me happy" Tuesday pleaded and her aunt shook her head.

"No Tuesday, that's not happening" her aunt said hotly.

"Even if it's just for today?" Tuesday asked and her aunt sighed.

"Fine" she gave up and watched Bob drag Tuesday to the dressing room.

Tuesday was claded in a black leather pants and black crop top. She had loosened her bun and her curls were almost covering her face.

"You are going to be dancing to This is what you came for by Calvin Harris. You didn't practice any steps so you can just freestyle" Bob said with a smile and Tuesday nodded. Surprisingly, she was nervous.

She was introduced as "Velvet" on the stage. A name Bob had told her would be her stage name.

Tuesday walked up to the centre stage and took a deep breath before she started dancing slowly. She put all her emotions into her dancing. She started hearing whistles. She used her hands to rub her body slowly while she twisted her waist. She felt all eyes on her. She turned her back to the stage bending slowly and moving her legs one at a time. By the time she was done with her performance she noticed a bunch of naira notes on the stage and guys blowing whistle. Some clapping.

When she got to the backstage, Bob hugged her. "That was a beautiful one considering it was all your thing" Bob gushed and Tuesday smiled in return.
She noticed her aunt standing by the corner staring at her with a smile. Tuesday walked up to meet her.

"Well, wasn't that beautiful lady Velvet" her aunt said with a sincere smile.

"thank you aunty" Tuesday said hugging her.

". I really want to do this again" Tuesday told her with a wide smile.

"What you need to do is concentrate on your education. I think that's very important" Her said with all seriousness.

"But.." Tuesday was cut short by her aunt.

"There is no but here baby, your mom would have wanted you to finish your education and we are going to be fulfilling that wish" her aunt said walking away.

3 Likes

Re: Stone Cold by Leriebloom(f): 12:12am On Jul 07, 2017
Episode 8

Tuesday continued dancing at the club even with her aunt's disapproval. She was known as Velvet and she had dyed and straightened her curls to suit that personality

She was loved by everyone. Not long after she got an admission in the university of Lagos and her aunt was proud because she passed her exams with flying colours.

"I am going to miss you honey" Bob said dramatically causing Tuesday to laugh out.

"It's not like i am going to be gone forever" Tuesday said in a fist of laughter.

"I know but you know it won't be the same way" Bob said arranging one of the dancer's costume.

"The club would miss you know. Everyone will" Bob said teary eyed. Tuesday didn't know if he was faking it. The dancer standing beside Bob nodded her head.
"Yea I would miss you Velvet" she said sincerely.

Tuesday was just about to reply when she got a bitchy reply from one of the dancers working at the club.

"I definetly won't miss ya" the dancer said walking past them with a smirk.

"You know you shouldn't pay much attention to what Titi says. She is the club's olosho, sleeping with every man that buys her a drink" the dancer Bob had been dressing up said softly and Tuesday smiled waving it off.

Bob held Tuesday's hands, "promise me you would keep in touch" Bob said softly.

"Yea, I would keep in touch Bob" Tuesday said holding his cheek and they hugged eachother while they laughed for no good reason.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stone Cold by Leriebloom(f): 12:14am On Jul 07, 2017
Episode 9

Tuesday took a deep breath. It was time to go through her mother's things. She had always tried but every time she tried, she found herself getting teary eyed.
She missed her mother so much.
But it was time for her to face her fears. She pulled out a box that her mum kept her father's books.

She was going through the books when she pulled out her father's journal. She had seen the journal before but she hadn't seen the need to read it.

She opened the first page and began to read.

04-03-1997

"It's no denial that I am not a happy man. I am married to one of the most hottest woman that every man would want to have but yet I am still not happy. It could be because of it was an arranged marriage and I had always wanted to marry for love, but my parents had other plans.
My wife doesn't respect me, and one of the things I wanted in a marriage was respect. She is a two sided conniving bitch" Tuesday almost laughed out at the "two sided conniving bitch" , it wasn't a new thing. She kept on reading.

"She acted like the perfect wife in front of my parents but behind their back, she treated me with no respect. Sometime last week she provoked me and I slapped her. Something that I have never done in my life. She made me regret it.
Last night I woke up and saw my wife with a..." Tuesday got distracted by a call and she closed the journal.

"Hey Bob.....no.....you know I can't make it tonight....I am trying to pack up for school........it's hard to say no to you.....okay, okay fine.....I would be on my way" Tuesday dropped the call, packing the books back into the box, alongside with the journal.

♣♣♣

"Thank you so much for helping out" Bob gushed.

"Anything for you Bob" Tuesday said grinning from ear to ear.

"You shouldn't get to dependent Bob. Tuesday is leaving anytime from now" Tuesday's aunt who had been listening to their conversation said with a frown marring her forehead. "Get your dancers in order" her aunt added before walking away.

When Tuesday got home she was to tired to continue reading the journal.

She went straight to sleep.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) / Strongest Villian In Naruto (Manga)? / My World - Jflash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.