Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,136 members, 7,807,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman (32881 Views)

Nigerian Lady Sold As A Sex Slave/housemaid In Oman Cries Out For Help! Video! / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders / Nigerian Hairdresser Tricked To Oman, Turned To A Slave, Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by AyeeIdris(f): 6:55pm On Jun 23, 2017
There is a huge misconception about Arab countries. The GCC nations( even though they dey quarell now) actually are excellent places to make money if you are a SKILLED PROFESSIONAL. Coming through labour visa is one of the biggest mistakes Nigerians keep making. You cannot get any good job without upgrading your visa and it is almost impossible to do so. You get no money; live in camps and are really better off remaining in Nigeria. All these agents promising you opportunity will only get you a Labourer visa. We have been singing it, yet people still line up these agents' pockets with money to come and be doing modern day slavery.

There should be a Nigerian association in Oman ( we have association everywhere. Let her find their contacts. They seriously frown at maid abuse in the GCC countries now following all the negative press so someone would be able to be of help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by piagetskinner(m): 6:56pm On Jun 23, 2017
that pic doesn't look like a female
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Greatzeus(m): 7:06pm On Jun 23, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Is it because she was beated that made her body looks like that of a man?
Beated ke Agbabiaka o grin
You just sent English to the after life grin
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 23, 2017
miketayo:

Hmmm.. It's either u have never left Nigeria or ur geography is terrible. Oman is compared to UAE, Kuwait nd Bahrain in terms of development.

Syria was once developed too. One of the nations with good everything before that islamic uprising that started in Tunisia. It affected Bahrain mind you.

A country may be developed, but this religious bigotry is going to kill them. That's what I mean.
And yes. I shuttle between Nigeria and the Russian Federation. Thank you smiley
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 23, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
Ideology of Arabs make them stupid.

They don't value women. Wetin fit them na to steal their money and let them be.

They feel it's about the money, money isn't all.

Arabs are something else. Them go soon do no one would want to have anything with them again.

AyeeIdris:
There is a huge misconception about Arab countries. The GCC nations( even though they dey quarell now) actually are excellent places to make money if you are a SKILLED PROFESSIONAL. Coming through labour visa is one of the biggest mistakes Nigerians keep making. You cannot get any good job without upgrading your visa and it is almost impossible to do so. You get no money; live in camps and are really better off remaining in Nigeria. All these agents promising you opportunity will only get you a Labourer visa. We have been singing it, yet people still line up these agents' pockets with money to come and be doing modern day slavery.

There should be a Nigerian association in Oman ( we have association everywhere. Let her find their contacts. They seriously frown at maid abuse in the GCC countries now following all the negative press so someone would be able to be of help.

1 Like

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by dejavuh0007(m): 7:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
Op u and ur cousin with all of una join. U r all mad
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by tehinse1(m): 7:21pm On Jun 23, 2017
I find it hard to believe ur story o. Ow is it possible were exactly in Oman?
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by RGem(f): 7:27pm On Jun 23, 2017
SmartMugu:

It's not about how developed a country is that matters to me personally. What I care about is acceptance wherever ure going. I have both US and Nigerian passports and can go anywhere in the world I want to go. But do I want to go everywhere, heck no. Certain places already will profile me because I'm black. They will further profile me because I have ties with Africa. Then they will further profile me because I have ties with Nigeria even though I live in the US. So why would I waste my time traveling to a place where I know I'm already hated because of my skin color? I'll pass on that one, I don't give a damn how rich their country is.

I recently rejected a job offer in Thailand after reading about how blacks are treated there, I'm black, I was born that way, that's my identity, plus I'm African too - that makes me a tripple minority to them, irrespective of my US and Nigerian citizenship.

The idea is simple, there are users everywhere. Why not hire their own citizen and pay them N50k equivalent per month? Why come all the way to Nigeria to find cheap labor? Yet take her passport away from her. Doesn't that mean slavery still exists? Isn't that the same mentality they had when they invaded several countries in Africa as slaves and developed their nations with the free labor our great grand parents were forced to do for them? Why didn't they enslave their own populace? Why come all the way to Africa, bribing tribal leaders with gin and gun powders and carting away slaves to their lands? Thank God we are more exposed now, and probably smarter than many countries that did that to our ancestors.

Probably cos I'm not desperate to leave where I am now and whatever I do, but I'd definitely give any firm that needs me to work in countries I don't feel comfortable with my conditions before leaving where I currently live.

I've passed that point in life where someone anywhere in the world would take my passports from me to further enslave me fot their personal benefit, rather I'll put them in their spots irrespective of my skin color. That comes with exposure and education. I have both, not many do and they are willing to settle for less - just in the case of the lady the topic is about.

You really made sense! Do not settle for less.

2 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by enemyofprogress: 7:28pm On Jun 23, 2017
Greatzeus:

Beated ke Agbabiaka o grin
You just sent English to the after life grin
get out
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by AyeeIdris(f): 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2017
gimakon:
Ideology of Arabs make them stupid.

They don't value women. Wetin fit them na to steal their money and let them be.

They feel it's about the money, money isn't all.

Arabs are something else. Them go soon do no one would want to have anything with them again.

Don't mistake the culture of Saudi Arabia for all of Arab land. Arab women are one of the most spoilt protected people in the world. Do some research.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 23, 2017
AyeeIdris:

Don't mistake the culture of Saudi Arabia for all of Arab land. Arab women are one of the most spoilt protected people in the world. Do some research.

How you mean spoilt protected?
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 23, 2017
gimakon:

She means stop believing everything you hear on CNN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2017
BroZuma:

She means stop believing everything you hear on CNN.

Really? Then what should we believe in?
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 23, 2017
gimakon:

Really? Then what should we believe in?

Go there yourself you cannot know if you don't visit. I have Arab friends and they are not terrorists, they are kind and polite plus friendly. Something most Nigerians lack.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by hopara1(m): 8:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
enemyofprogress:
It's unfortunate,poor woman...U see wetin i dey see,i tired 4 dat body build,this one fit give pesin one blow seven akpus.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by tayorh(m): 8:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
Nigerians seeking greener pasture since 19.............

1 Like

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 23, 2017
enemyofprogress:
very Good observations, i suspect it is a man cheesy not a woman. bloggers! chai!
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Kingjoshbaba(m): 8:37pm On Jun 23, 2017
fineola90:
Hello All, please help in any way that you can. My cousin is in Oman doing housemaid (we just finding out) and her mother passed away three days ago suddenly. She is trying to come home for the funeral but her boss took her to the agent's office where they beat her and sent her back to her boss house. Now her boss has her passport and will not release it. She paid 500k to her agent in Nigeria to help her process her visa and they are paying her about 50k/month for working all day.

Please help us. Anyone with similar experience? How have you gotten through it? What can we do in this instance? There is no Nigerian embassy in Oman.

Go spiritual, prayer fasting etc, I know 2 people who had same experience last year but they were not beating their passport were seized and we're not allowed come home unto 2years was complete but we thank the God of celestial they came home in weeks. we bless God. those omani are Animals! I wish I could erase that country from existence.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by AyeeIdris(f): 9:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
gimakon:

Spoilt (speaking for experience-Bahraini; Qataris and kuwaitis). Majority of them don't work by choice even though they are superbly educated.Yet they all have maids. Under those black abaya are crazily expensive shoes and bags. Protected because they have huge inheritances that the husband cannot touch Islamically and only God will save you if any of their women report you for harassment. This does not include Saudi o. Those ones follow culture not Islamic teachings.

1 Like

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 23, 2017
BroZuma:

Go there yourself you cannot know if you don't visit. I have Arab friends and they are not terrorists, they are kind and polite plus friendly. Something most Nigerians lack.

E good na, I have always detested Arabs. But if what you say is true, its ok.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by miketayo(m): 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2017
gimakon:

Syria was once developed too. One of the nations with good everything before that islamic uprising that started in Tunisia. It affected Bahrain mind you.

A country may be developed, but this religious bigotry is going to kill them. That's what I mean.
And yes. I shuttle between Nigeria and the Russian Federation. Thank you smiley

Every country that has Muslim in it has that problem includes Nigeria or even Ghana and u can't compare Syria to oman.. Ppl tour to oman and bahrain.. Have u heard of tourist going to Syria even before d country got this bad?
Lol wat r u thanking me for?? Or is this a new nairaland signature
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by miketayo(m): 10:08pm On Jun 23, 2017
SmartMugu:

It's not about how developed a country is that matters to me personally. What I care about is acceptance wherever ure going. I have both US and Nigerian passports and can go anywhere in the world I want to go. But do I want to go everywhere, heck no. Certain places already will profile me because I'm black. They will further profile me because I have ties with Africa. Then they will further profile me because I have ties with Nigeria even though I live in the US. So why would I waste my time traveling to a place where I know I'm already hated because of my skin color? I'll pass on that one, I don't give a damn how rich their country is.

I recently rejected a job offer in Thailand after reading about how blacks are treated there, I'm black, I was born that way, that's my identity, plus I'm African too - that makes me a tripple minority to them, irrespective of my US and Nigerian citizenship.

The idea is simple, there are users everywhere. Why not hire their own citizen and pay them N50k equivalent per month? Why come all the way to Nigeria to find cheap labor? Yet take her passport away from her. Doesn't that mean slavery still exists? Isn't that the same mentality they had when they invaded several countries in Africa as slaves and developed their nations with the free labor our great grand parents were forced to do for them? Why didn't they enslave their own populace? Why come all the way to Africa, bribing tribal leaders with gin and gun powders and carting away slaves to their lands? Thank God we are more exposed now, and probably smarter than many countries that did that to our ancestors.

Probably cos I'm not desperate to leave where I am now and whatever I do, but I'd definitely give any firm that needs me to work in countries I don't feel comfortable with my conditions before leaving where I currently live.

I've passed that point in life where someone anywhere in the world would take my passports from me to further enslave me fot their personal benefit, rather I'll put them in their spots irrespective of my skin color. That comes with exposure and education. I have both, not many do and they are willing to settle for less - just in the case of the lady the topic is about.

Wat happened to her, can happen in any country USA included.. It just would have been better if it happed in ur birth country and not a foreign land.
Anyone going to oman, should have a professional job offer and not a house help.same case for most Arabic countries. But slavery is in every country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2017
miketayo:

Every country that has Muslim in it has that problem includes Nigeria or even Ghana and u can't compare Syria to oman.. Ppl tour to oman and bahrain.. Have u heard of tourist going to Syria even before d country got this bad?
Lol wat r u thanking me for?? Or is this a new nairaland signature

Let me make you understand what I meant here.
Syria, is an ally to Russia and they were doing fine before that islamic uprising to unseat Assad came. They were better off than Lybia. I found out you didn't really catch what I was explaining here. Possibly I left no clues.

This should give you a better explanation

https://petapixel.com/2016/08/02/26-photos-show-war-changed-syria/

I would like you to see before and after the war. That's what I meant. If you know how Rich Syria was, you won't see Syria as an ordinary nation. Even Iraq that has one of the best land forces can't even stand them in battle or development. Syria died just like that.

Google Syria before war. It should give you an idea of what I'm saying here.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Damfostopper(m): 10:29pm On Jun 23, 2017
Oman na country...?... there are some countries I don't wish to visit even if na free...
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 23, 2017
O P u can lie o. 1. dat is a body of a man 2. who help her(he)snap d pix 3.what happened dat leeds to beating nd seizure of passport 4.d topic has entered page four but O P has not respond to or quote any comment
BLOGGERS ALL IN THE NAME OF TRAFFICS
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:58pm On Jun 23, 2017
sisisioge:
May be you should write a letter to the Oman embassy asking that they deport her. Keep making noise on their website with pictures of this assault pasted on their pages and the web of international human rights bodies to help bring her back home.

500k would have been enough to start her own small business in Naija o. It is well.

I agree. In addition , if she was doing her maid job in Nigeria sevicing 4 or 5 families she would earn 50k monthly like she is doing in Oman.
Just goes to show that the root cause of poverty is mental.

1 Like

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Brunosamel(m): 1:26am On Jun 24, 2017
Actually my ex- gf is base in Oman, although she narrated what Nigerians pass through in Oman to the extent that one's agent will eat his clients hard earned money for 6 to 8 months. Quite unfortunate for her. My advice let her cool down, work hard and save enough she can (don't forget to wire the money down here in Nigeria before leaving Oman) and come back and invest in her country. If she lucky enough a men will come for her hand in marriage.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by esosa4real(m): 3:12am On Jun 24, 2017
winternationals:
hmmm I smell some lies

this days some people always talk to defend themselves

no truth in so many people again

just trust only yourself

some people use to say I don't trust myself

but as for me I trust myself sha

What are u saying!! OP ain't lying! I am a doctor working in d middle east and hear dese cases everyday! Worse in Oman and kuwait!!

1 Like

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 5:41am On Jun 24, 2017
BroZuma:

angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

13 Wedding Guests Die In Accident In Rivers State (Disturbing Photos) / Tanker Explosion In Benue,many Dead,others Injured(photos) / Ogochukwu Efeizomor, Nigerian Engineer Who Survives By Begging In Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.