Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Visa To Mauritius - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa To Mauritius (65079 Views)

How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria / Travel Advice To Mauritius Needed / Help! How Can One Get Visa And Travel To Mauritius? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visa To Mauritius by ukraine55(m): 7:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
I will make it a duty to update this forum about life here in this Island as a foreign student, so that others will learn from it. stay tune and watch out for more update.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Visa To Mauritius by suxes2005(m): 2:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
ukraine55: I will make it a duty to update this forum about life here in this Island as a foreign student, so that others will learn from it. stay tune and watch out for more update.
Thanks.

Start now.

Living cost. Lifestyle down there. Politics. Any means for a legitimate seeking individual to rise? what's the business industry like?
Re: Visa To Mauritius by chemashie(m): 2:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
following
Re: Visa To Mauritius by jaydave: 11:54am On Jul 22, 2014
because u are lazy or u not lucky doesn't mean one can't survive in Mauritius..hian!! 3 of my friends r der studying and they ain't lamenting to this extent.. Ain't saying is Dat easy to survive in Mauritius.. But as a proper Nija guy Dat has faced hustling here in Nija can survive anywhere in dis world

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visa To Mauritius by suxes2005(m): 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
jaydave: because u are lazy or u not lucky doesn't mean one can't survive in Mauritius..hian!! 3 of my friends r der studying and they ain't lamenting to this extent.. Ain't saying is Dat easy to survive in Mauritius.. But as a proper Nija guy Dat has faced hustling here in Nija can survive anywhere in dis world

Like I said earlier, diff strokes for diff people.

As a Nigerian, its so hard to suffer abroad except there is
no other way around your situation.

Been legit also helps. Open your mind to
possibilities.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visa To Mauritius by ukraine55(m): 3:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
This is not about been lazy or lucky, it is about reality, before you start packing that your bag and baggage about to depart from Nigeria for Mauritius, please think twice, i guess your friends are not telling you the truth about Mauritius, i have been here close to two years and i can tell you what it is like here. If you have your money to spend,you are highly welcome.
It is not easy to work and finance your studies here. Your friends may be feeding you with lies by telling you that it is rosy here as that is always the norms for most Nigerians living abroad so as to lure more gullible Nigerians to believing that there is alot to gain here thereby reaping from where they do not so. I knew quit few of them on this Island that are doing that.
I believe the time is now that we youth have to wake up and stop living and believing in the past. Let us adopt the role of telling people what is obtainable or whats not. we have to stop this selfish interest of benefiting from others sweat. If you are coming to Mauritius for studies, get your facts correct research and ask questions, if you do not have anyone to sponsor your education, it is better you invest the little money you have in Nigeria rather than wasting it on a flight ticket.
Mauritius is 2040 km² in Area while Lagos is 999.6 km² meaning that the whole Mauritius is a little bit bigger than the twice of Lagos state and the population is 1.2m the manufacturing sector is like 2% and highly dependent on tourism.
Just this year Febauray, 2 Nigerian students were arrested at the airport with the possession of cocaine.
Like most Nigerian will boost to their peers back home that they are living a good life abroad,don't just rely on their fact verify further.

5 Likes

Re: Visa To Mauritius by ukraine55(m): 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
Also do not call cheating others of their earnings and telling lies is survival instinct, i refuse to believe that, hard working accepted but do not compromise the image of your country just because of your quest for survival.
Re: Visa To Mauritius by chemashie(m): 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
What is the admission processing like to UTM and the yearly tuition? I sent you a mail sometime ago. Can you give the details here and when is likely to start applying for admission to UTM?
Re: Visa To Mauritius by ukraine55(m): 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
UTM deadline is 31 july 2014
undergraduate, postgraduate or medicine?
Re: Visa To Mauritius by suxes2005(m): 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
ukraine55: Also do not call cheating others of their earnings and telling lies is survival instinct, i refuse to believe that, hard working accepted but do not compromise the image of your country just because of your quest for survival.

Answer the questions of those considering Mauritius.

Let go of who's surviving or not.

I also helped people ask for more information above.
Do your justice to give more infos please.

What's the school fee like? The application process
and what have you.

1 Like

Re: Visa To Mauritius by chemashie(m): 5:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
ukraine55: UTM deadline is 31 july 2014
undergraduate, postgraduate or medicine?
The website is not going for a while. Drop information on the tuition fees and other fees for a whole year. Also, how many years is their undergraduate programs?
Re: Visa To Mauritius by jaydave: 6:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
Guy come back home then if that place is as Terrifying and horrible as hell fire.. I wonder what u still doing there then... Hian!!!
Re: Visa To Mauritius by suxes2005(m): 6:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
chemashie:
The website is not going for a while. Drop information on the tuition fees and other fees for a whole year. Also, how many years is their undergraduate programs?

I also tried to check for you but its down
Re: Visa To Mauritius by chemashie(m): 6:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
suxes2005:

I also tried to check for you but its down
The site is down for some days now. I would like to visit the country from SA if everything work well for my lil sister.
Re: Visa To Mauritius by jaydave: 7:55am On Jul 23, 2014
I no sure weda this guy dey UOM... Make hin ansa all dis questions na
Re: Visa To Mauritius by suxes2005(m): 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
jaydave: I no sure weda this guy dey UOM... Make hin ansa all dis questions na

That's not true I guess smiley
Re: Visa To Mauritius by ukraine55(m): 3:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
I actually pasted the list of courses offered at the university of technology Mauritius and the tuition fees but was banned few seconds after posting it. Please kindly visit the university website for more information.
Thank you.
Re: Visa To Mauritius by suxes2005(m): 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
ukraine55: I actually pasted the list of courses offered at the university of technology Mauritius and the tuition fees but was banned few seconds after posting it. Please kindly visit the university website for more information.
Thank you.

Next time excuse the dollar sign.
Re: Visa To Mauritius by Afam4eva(m): 2:55pm On Jul 28, 2014
ukraine55: This is not about been lazy or lucky, it is about reality, before you start packing that your bag and baggage about to depart from Nigeria for Mauritius, please think twice, i guess your friends are not telling you the truth about Mauritius, i have been here close to two years and i can tell you what it is like here. If you have your money to spend,you are highly welcome.
It is not easy to work and finance your studies here. Your friends may be feeding you with lies by telling you that it is rosy here as that is always the norms for most Nigerians living abroad so as to lure more gullible Nigerians to believing that there is alot to gain here thereby reaping from where they do not so. I knew quit few of them on this Island that are doing that.
I believe the time is now that we youth have to wake up and stop living and believing in the past. Let us adopt the role of telling people what is obtainable or whats not. we have to stop this selfish interest of benefiting from others sweat. If you are coming to Mauritius for studies, get your facts correct research and ask questions, if you do not have anyone to sponsor your education, it is better you invest the little money you have in Nigeria rather than wasting it on a flight ticket.
Mauritius is 2040 km² in Area while Lagos is 999.6 km² meaning that the whole Mauritius is a little bit bigger than the twice of Lagos state and the population is 1.2m the manufacturing sector is like 2% and highly dependent on tourism.
Just this year Febauray, 2 Nigerian students were arrested at the airport with the possession of cocaine.
Like most Nigerian will boost to their peers back home that they are living a good life abroad,don't just rely on their fact verify further.
I endorse this post. This guy obviously knows a lot about Mauritius.

it's a beautiful island country where you can come and relax, spend money and go to school. But don't expect to get a big paying job. The jobs you will get will just be enough for you to feed yourself and probably house yourself but not enough for you to pay for your school fees. Besides, most jobs will require you to be fluent in English and French(Bonsoir). The people who are lucky here are the programmers. Most other international students here work as casual workers in 5 star hotels where they stand from morning to night grin

If you must come to Mauritius, make sure the money throughout your stay is complete. The good things here is that it a relatively developed country. it is clean, peaceful and the ladies are beautiful just like the beaches of Grand Bay, Flic en flaque etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visa To Mauritius by suxes2005(m): 10:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
Afam, where have you been?

You stopped replying my mails.

Thanks for the heads up here.

Mau is an African country so nobody should expect to live and sustain with Lil salary from casual jobs.

All in all, it's a place to be. The ladies, what did you say about em again?

1 Like

Re: Visa To Mauritius by Afam4eva(m): 4:15am On Jul 29, 2014
suxes2005: Afam, where have you been?

You stopped replying my mails.

Thanks for the heads up here.

Mau is an African country so nobody should expect to live and sustain with Lil salary from casual jobs.

All in all, it's a place to be. The ladies, what did you say about em again?
I've been around.

Mauritius is not your typical African country. It is developed to some level. But it is not a country full of industries. It's just a small Island with Tourism, IT and Agriculture(Sugar car) as it's source of income. You can get a job that will sustain you. But not big enough to pay for one's school fees. Like i said, the major limiting factor towards getting a job if knowing how to speak french. Most jobs require fluency in French and English.
Re: Visa To Mauritius by suxes2005(m): 8:35am On Jul 29, 2014
Afam4eva:
I've been around.
Mauritius is not your typical African country. It is developed to some level. But it is not a country full of industries. It's just a small Island with Tourism, IT and Agriculture(Sugar car) as it's source of income. You can get a job that will sustain you. But not big enough to pay for one's school fees. Like i said, the major limiting factor towards getting a job if knowing how to speak french. Most jobs require fluency in French and English.

Great!

Some were asking for infos about the schools and prices.

I'm pretty sure you're running a course there as well.

If you can give some pricing infos, school fees, living expenses (on norm) I'm sure their babes shouldn't cost much too. Lol
Re: Visa To Mauritius by FKBZ: 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
IF ONE wants to come for tourism,how those one go about it.

for maybe one week,visa,feeding,sightseeing etc

how much would all this cost.
Re: Visa To Mauritius by ukraine55(m): 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2014
University of technology mauritius
Application fees 25 dollars
Administrative fees 200 dollars payable on registration day( non refundable)
student union fees 10 dollars non refundable
tuition fees undergraduate 1430 dollars per semester
post graduate 1680 dollars per semester

there are 2 intakes January 31 is the deadline for January intake and july 31 for the second intake
living expenses
accommodation is 150 to 200 dollars per month for a furnished apartment with wifi
feeding expenses 150 dollars or less depending on your choice
there is student pass, bus fare is free from your accommodation to your school and payment of 50% of the total cost of travel anywhere apart from your original school route.
Hope this help. thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Visa To Mauritius by ukraine55(m): 4:40pm On Aug 02, 2014
For tourist purpose please check with hotels and they will be delighted to have you in the island
fees charged by hotels varies depending on type of service and qualities of facilities it offers
like 50 to 100 dollars per day just guessing not the real figure but something to work with
airfare is between 1500 to 1800 dollars with south African airways with stop over in Johannesburg
i like travelling the cheapest way because of my pocket and i do spend like 2 days
that is from Nigeria to Nairobi kenya for 580 dollars with Air Rwanda return ticket and from Nairobi to Mauritius 680 dollars please
do note that i do book 2 or 3 months in advance and also 50 dollars for visa at nairobi airport total cost 1100 dollars
is ok for me as a student.
Thank you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visa To Mauritius by suxes2005(m): 3:29pm On Aug 03, 2014
Read Mauritius is now visa free to Nigerian passport holders.

Someone should please confirm this.
Re: Visa To Mauritius by wip7: 9:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
suxes2005: Read Mauritius is now visa free to Nigerian passport holders.

Someone should please confirm this.

NO is not free (you will pay for it at POE).......you can fly with Nigerian passport without visa and get one at point of entry after showing your valid hotel and means of sustenance during your stay. Beware, they are also quick to deport using the next available flight and also they have good records of tourist as most hotels passed the message to them as well....a Namibian person was on the verge of deportation at POE on my recent visit (last month).
Re: Visa To Mauritius by suxes2005(m): 11:32am On Aug 04, 2014
wip7:

NO is not free (you will pay for it at POE).......you can fly with Nigerian passport without visa and get one at point of entry after showing your valid hotel and means of sustenance during your stay. Beware, they are also quick to deport using the next available flight and also they have good records of tourist as most hotels passed the message to them as well....a Namibian person was on the verge of deportation at POE on my recent visit (last month).

Someone entering there on the pretense of tourism
and later decided to stay put should face the scores.

How you doing egbon? Its been long oooo
Re: Visa To Mauritius by wip7: 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
suxes2005:

Someone entering there on the pretense of tourism
and later decided to stay put should face the scores.

How you doing egbon? Its been long oooo
bin good...where have u bin hiding?
Re: Visa To Mauritius by suxes2005(m): 10:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
wip7:
bin good...where have u bin hiding?

Under my bed smiley
Re: Visa To Mauritius by dtobi59: 2:39am On Oct 30, 2014
please i nid to kw more about dis African leadership unleashed scholarship program in mauritise which i saw the advert on http://opportunitydesk.org/2014/10/08/african-leadership-university-scholarship-2015 before i apply

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Awka Flyovers Illuminating At Night / Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know / UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.