Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo (16198 Views)

Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments / What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival / Atiku Leads AIT Public Perception Votes On Who Is A Great Threat To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by lexy2014: 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
obembet:

The Ibos want Biafra
The North wants Ibo's exit
The Yorubas want Ibo's exit
The Ibos are saying "we have investments in your areas and cannot leave them"
And the fight is being cooked.

Amongst all these, the President is in London
Governors are sharing bailout funds
Workers salaries are not paid
Government officials have their children schooling abroad
Ministers and senators are looting

The poor Hausa man is riding Okada
The poor Ibo man is riding Okada
The poor Yoruba man is riding Okada

The poor Hausa man sleeps under the bridge as Alamajiri
The poor Yoruba man sleeps under the bridge as Alaye
The poor Ibo man sleeps under the bridge as agbero

It is pertinent to note that the poor from all ethnic groups in Nigeria have everything in common and so is the rich.

Do not allow the agitation of an Ibo man who lives in UK or USA for Biafra cause the killing of the Ibo man in Adamawa. The rich hate us that much.
Do not allow the Alhaji whose children are living abroad to persuade you to go and start killing on the street of Kaduna.

The problem in the country is not the agitation of any ethnic group but the unity of the elite and the disunity of the masses.

How many times have you taken your agitation to question your local government Chairmen?

Why have you not asked your Governors through agitation how they spent bailout fund?

Why have you not agitated against that government official whose mansions you go to beg for help?

Sad to note;
All the Governors love themselves
All the past Presidents love themselves
All the senators love themselves
All the top government officials love themselves
All the looters love themselves

Why can't you and I love ourselves?
Why cant we combine efforts and fight them?
Why do we fight ourselves?
Why do we allow them the freedom we don't have?

Remember; a good Nigeria is better than a good Arewa, Oduduwa or Biafra.

#One_love_Nigeria.
my brother u have given a summarized Ph.d thesis of class war in Nigeria.unfortunately, d average Nigerian doesn't no his true enemy hence they remain willing pawns in d hands of d ruling and aspiring ruling elite
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by Dmano: 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2017
Is d co-ordinator making sense?
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by RonJeremy: 2:27pm On Jun 24, 2017
Thank God for the Internet, we can read all the rubbish Osibanjo talks...
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by folasayolyn(f): 2:34pm On Jun 24, 2017
our greatest threat to survival is the polilooters especially​ those disguised as religious leaders. The next Evans is coming for you .
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2017
A Vice-President and Professor of Law urging the military to wage war against free speech even on the internet? oSINbajo did Nigerians sin by electing you after you used the internet to deceive many? Internet censorship will not censor thoughts and will. It will not take away the yearnings of the people for a better life and a better nation.

1 Like

Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by Reference(m): 3:10pm On Jun 24, 2017
The song of dictators and totalitarianists.

2 Likes

Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by olisafincy(m): 3:22pm On Jun 24, 2017
Dictatorship in democracy has been wiped out by internet, everybody speaks his mind.
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by DavidEsq(m): 3:44pm On Jun 24, 2017
dokiOloye:
Lol.
The internet only constitutes a danger to d thieving,dishonest political class to which Osunbade belongs to.
This is b/cos their humungous cash cow called Nigeria is about to disintegrate in their very eyes due to an Internet fueled increased political awareness by d citizens
Gbam
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by magicfingers009: 3:49pm On Jun 24, 2017
This thread proves the fact that Nairalanders donot read. See their comments. Comments that have nothing to do with the content of this news. Foolishness and laziness has eaten deep into the lives of our youths.

Once they read the 'misleading' headlines, they open can of insults and talk off point.

Shame!!!
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2017
TheHistorian:
With the various comments on this thread,

It is safe to conclude that some nairalanders just type with their withered fingers without reading contents!

#SHAME

*most
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by zanga420: 4:15pm On Jun 24, 2017
dokiOloye:
Lol.
Internet only constitutes a danger to d thieving,dishonest political class to which Osunbade belongs to.
This is b/cos their humungous cash cow called Nigeria is about to disintegrate in their very eyes due to an Internet fueled increased political awareness by d citizens
anyone afraid of the internet has something to hide. If they peddle lie counter it with truth

2 Likes

Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by zanga420: 4:16pm On Jun 24, 2017
magicfingers009:
This thread proves the fact that Nairalanders donot read. See their comments. Comments that have nothing to do with the content of this news. Foolishness and laziness has eaten deep into the lives of our youths.

Once they read the 'misleading' headlines, they open can of insults and talk off point.

Shame!!!
pls help tell us what you think we missed
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by GuntersChain(m): 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
apc and media propaganda, the same tool you people used in maligning the truth against the previous adminstration is now bad. Qwontinue.
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by bantudra: 4:40pm On Jun 24, 2017
i like this guy... grin
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by dedeorji(m): 4:40pm On Jun 24, 2017
patval:
when you mix academic with hydraulic soup and green mucus, what osinbade just said will be your anthem.
lai muhammadu once said same thing but they all forgot the platform that brought them where they are.
They are quick to employ Obama campaign team but never gave thought abouts ripple effects.
the gods of Ogun,ogbomosho,Oyo,ilesha,sango,ilorin,ijebu, and ikere ekiti will not relent in giving them a treat of their treachery
You are a comedienne!
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by geaman: 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2017
obembet:

The Ibos want Biafra

It is pertinent to note that the poor from all ethnic groups in Nigeria have everything in common and so is the rich.

Do not allow the agitation of an Ibo man who lives in UK or USA for Biafra cause the killing of the Ibo man in Adamawa. The rich hate us that much.
Do not allow the Alhaji whose children are living abroad to persuade you to go and start killing on the street of Kaduna.

The problem in the country is not the agitation of any ethnic group but the unity of the elite and the disunity of the masses.

How many times have you taken your agitation to question your local government Chairmen?

Why have you not asked your Governors through agitation how they spent bailout fund?

Why have you not agitated against that government official whose mansions you go to beg for help?

Sad to note;

#One_love_Nigeria.
fact
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by blackfase(m): 6:52pm On Jun 24, 2017
So what the hell are you gonna do? Shut it down?

This man too is systematically joining the band wagon of the malevolent devils in form of the old order.

Thunder wey got strike una still dey receive briefing from Vladimar Putin.....
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by megama: 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2017
ijustdey:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/06/24/osinbajo-raises-the-alarm-says-internet-constitutes-great-threat-to-nigerias-survival/

This one not in line. Any thing that has advantage has. Disadvantage. We can't do without Internet
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by PDJT: 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2017
-Mr. Internet, the enemy of Dictators! grin
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by Litmus: 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2017
The acting President is right.

Most people have a rough idea how internet began, how communication between computers was a useful idea to scientist as a means to share research notes, this more or less led to Arpanet, several linked computers utilizing protocols (Telnet(allowing users to log on) FTP(to move files across computer)) which then later linked, in a network, many US universities, etc,etc

I know i did a hack job above, i need to refresh my memory and all that, but the origin isn't the point. The point is that when the Internet, as the public now know it, i.e when it was rolled out for consumer use, with all of its commercial potential brightening the eyes of the chief architects, rendering them glib, one of the ways they sold it to a concerned American public and weary American government, was that Internet would be a force for good because if would facilitate the Democratisation of the world. Bare in mind that to the US Government, Democratisation is a byword for regime change, cohesion and control.

To shorten a long tale, the pioneers of the internet talked glibly how the Internet would give voice to the "Common Man" all over the world, enabling them to challenge their respective leaders and authorities. To the US government, and indeed Western powers, the "Common Man" of the third-world is a controllable zombie. This state of afire is more accurate when applied to the people of Africa. America and the Western World had more influence over the average man and woman of Lagos, Nirobi or Adis aba than the respective governments of these nations did. The Internet, extended this further and gave the Western World Control over the Common man of Africa. The pioneers of the internet must have known this. Such brilliant individuals, they couldn't have been that naive when they continually sold the internet to their government as a liberating tool chife among other benefits. For me, the only thing they did not foresee was that, it would liberate their own Western public too.

I suppose, at this juncture, those that bothered to read the above, would wonder with raised brows, what is so bad with Liberation. Well, quite apart from what Liberation means in context of relative views and outcomes, for example, Liberated Libya, Iraq and wild animals set free from an urban Zoo, Liberation

......i shall return
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by Litmus: 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2017
Liberty is a dangerous tool in the hands of the unsophisticated, anachyst and deviant of which the world is sadly inondated. It sounds snobbish if not cruel but the majority of the world's humanity is stupid and not fit for purpose. If not for the few smart people, the world would not now be overpopulated and more dangerous for humanity's survival, which smacks of contradiction,I know, but true. Left to the majority stupid, the world would probably be a more manageable one because they would have brutalised and killed one another off, leaving the smart more intrenched. The short brutish existence is that of the majority of stupid people. How is this relevant to the internet? Well, the thing is, university teaches how to be educated. University teaches how to study,teaches how to research, theaches the value of criticism, forces students to draw references from different, often conflicting sources. One of the things the internet has done is provided literature and the works of countless brilliant minds to the masses but without providing how to utilise this knowledge or how to study it. So the ability to read has lead millions of dumb people as well as ubdecipllned people opportunity to acsess theses works. But lacking knowledge on how to study, these millions mearly read works that informs thire own preconceived notions, without reading counter opinions, leading them to believe that thire worldview is the right one. And since there are many more illinformed, half-educated and outright dumb people in the world than smart humanity, the views and beliefs of the majority dumb is becoming the world's leading opinion. Consiquently, "truth" is becoming obsolete. It is in this climate that Nigeria currently exists.The internet facilities this frankly, humanity threatening, phenomena.

The Nigerian acting President has realised this power of Lies and Illinformed Views,facilitated by the internet, and is trying to articulate how this could distroy Nigeria. Therefore to recap, internet gives the West control over the African masses,which they can manipulate whenever it suits them against African leadership. The internet allows all sorts of illinformed people to make up thire own reality as well as provide deviants and anachyst means to manipulate them.

And...my pad power is draining so I shall be back
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by OlaRolls(m): 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2017
I GET MY FOOD ITEMS AND
INCENTIVES FOR FREE ON MONTHLY BASIS FROM
*MASSIVE GLOBAL FOOD NETWORK*
WITH JUST ONE TIME PAYMENT OF *5600*

WONT YOU RATHER JOIN
ME IN THIS OPPORTUNITY?
Have u heard of the easiest way to feed yourself and even help feed others?
Have u heard of the easiest way to eat and even have enough cash to spend?
Have u heard of the easiest way to go on holiday with a pocket money as much as #1,000,000?
Have u ever dreamt of owning ur own car?
Here comes a great opportunity to make all this become reality.
*MASSIVE GLOBAL FOOD NETWORK* is the key you need.
Contact Olarolls on whatsapp 0803 727 2006.

Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by OlaRolls(m): 9:16pm On Jun 24, 2017
I GET MY FOOD ITEMS AND
INCENTIVES FOR FREE ON MONTHLY BASIS FROM
*MASSIVE GLOBAL FOOD NETWORK*
WITH JUST ONE TIME PAYMENT OF *5600*

WONT YOU RATHER JOIN
ME IN THIS OPPORTUNITY?
Have u heard of the easiest way to feed yourself and even help feed others?
Have u heard of the easiest way to eat and even have enough cash to spend?
Have u heard of the easiest way to go on holiday with a pocket money as much as #1,000,000?
Have u ever dreamt of owning ur own car?
Here comes a great opportunity to make all this become reality.
*MASSIVE GLOBAL FOOD NETWORK* is the key you need.
Contact Olarolls on whatsapp 0803 727 2006. shocked

Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
GodsLastBorn:
Thanks a bunch I wish the old man's brain can assimilate all these beautiful points you listed. How can one compare U.S to Nigeria in such aspect. Personally I don't think there is any hope for Nigeria to ever progress. let them take a chance at referendum, any region, area that wants to go? let them go. Why did I say Nigeria will never ever progress? because the system is rigged, corrupt, rotten and have all the negative things to mention. The supposed leaders are there to stay, there's no equality, there's no law (except for the poor) and prime example is that an individual got years for stealing a phone while Saraki, Obj, Jonathan, IBB and all the senators are walking around and are being celebrated by some cretins. DSS is busy chasing 2face for his opinion, Soldiers are busy using the citizens that they were meant to protect for practices and abuse, police is out there planting evidence, robbing, taking bribes, extorting, renting guns to criminals and many more. NEPA has been sold, phcn continued testing peoples stabilizers, electronic gadgets and power surge protectors to see how long it will take before they burn them.

Can someone tell me one thing that is good about the Nigerian government?

Absolutely nothing!The country is built on lies,deceit,wickedness,tribalism,nepotism,injustice,ignorance,quota system and the blood of innocent people.
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:31am On Jun 25, 2017
neweraomo:
Ban Internet then

It should be regulated, ppl are misusing it, the social media bill should be revisited ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by pressplay411(m): 6:50am On Jun 25, 2017
Nigeria is in a precarious state, sway but a little more and it falls and crashes.
Democracy is failing us, only military can correct this decadence.
Re: Internet Constitutes Great Threat To Nigeria’s Survival; Osinbajo by pressplay411(m): 6:57am On Jun 25, 2017
obembet:

The Ibos want Biafra

Sad to note;

#One_love_Nigeria.

Well said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maina: How Malami Twisted Court Judgment To Reinstate Ex-pension Boss / Jigawa: Hisbah Confiscated 308 Bottles Of Assorted Alcoholic Beverages / Callistus Okafor: Peter Obi’s Chances Under Threat if LP Crisis Isn’t Resolved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.