Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos (38839 Views)

Ike Eweama Promoted To Colonel In US Army (Photos) / PHOTOS: Handsome Nigerian Promoted To A Sergeant In United States Army / Yagana Musa Bags The Rank Of Major In Nigerian Army (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by LordOfNaira: 8:59pm On Jun 24, 2017
deedeedee1:
Please dont insult us here. Edos are not yoruba, they are edos. Simple!
So, it is an insult to be Yoruba?
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by deedeedee1: 9:06pm On Jun 24, 2017
LordOfNaira:

So, it is an insult to be Yoruba?
It is not an insult to be Yoruba, but the bro trying to attach edos to us will only bring insult to us. The edos are not Yoruba in anyway. They are better with Niger delta republic or edoid republic. I don't want edos and the minorities in oodua republic. They will still cry of being marginalized. So why will Yoruba leave Nigeria and create another "Mini Nigeria"? Besides, they voted to leave the western region in 1963.
Let them be on their own.
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by mechanics(m): 9:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
congrats to her.
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by LordOfNaira: 9:14pm On Jun 24, 2017
deedeedee1:

It is not an insult to be Yoruba, but the bro trying to attach edos to us will only bring insult to us. The edos are not Yoruba in anyway. They are better with Niger delta republic or edoid republic. I don't want edos and the minorities in oodua republic. They will still cry of being marginalized. So why will Yoruba leave Nigeria and create another "Mini Nigeria"? Besides, they voted to leave the western region in 1963.
Let them be on their own.

OK. But I wonder if Edo would be allowed to have their own country. Letting them will encourage others like Okun and other small entities to want their own countries.
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
Nice one, she has worked her way to the top
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by deedeedee1: 9:30pm On Jun 24, 2017
LordOfNaira:

OK. But I wonder if Edo would be allowed to have their own country. Letting them will encourage others like Okun and other small entities to want their own countries.
Edoid republic might not comprise of only edo but might include urhobo, isoko, and itshekiri. Since their culture is similar. Besides, they might stay with niger-deltas to form niger-delta republic. It is their choice.
I will not want any minority to join oodua republic.
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by anigold(m): 10:12pm On Jun 24, 2017
Angelanest:
Congratulations are in order for Dr Grace Idemudia Owinje who was recently promoted to a Major in the United States Army. Dr. Grace Idemudia who is from Edo state -is a female Internal Medicine Doctor located in Fort Hood, Texas.

Pastor-Ehis Idemudia who shared the good news on Facebook wrote;

All my friends join me to celebrate my beautiful sister! Dr Grace Idemudia Owinje for her promotion to a Major in the United States Army. Through the spirit you have received God's ability to be successful and remain a success at all times. Your path is that of ever increasing glory. You are marked for victory and you set out each day with the assurance that every challenge that comes your way will definitely culminate in your victory and promotion. Your life is an unending stream of success.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/06/dr-grace-idemudia-owinje-nigerian-woman-promoted-in-the-us-army.html
THIS IS LOVELY. my baby sister is also climbing the military tree...
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by banmee(m): 11:06pm On Jun 24, 2017
ziga:
is she Nigerian or American?

But how come she is a Major in the "US Army"

I am not understanding it ooo.

Anyone from any country can be whatever they want to be in the U.S or the U.S Army as long as they are legal residents. The only office or position they can never attain is the office of the President of the United States. You have to be born in America for that to happen.
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by banmee(m): 11:06pm On Jun 24, 2017
Jaqenhghar:

I dont have to watch it. If a developed country's army with their high level of professiinalism can have such cases then I shudder to think what goes on in the Nigerian armed forces.
Banmee pls can you give us a heads up on this

Just saw your message. What's up?
ziga:
is she Nigerian or American?

But how come she is a Major in the "US Army"

I am not understanding it ooo.

Anyone from any country can be whatever they want to be in the U.S or the U.S Army as long as they are legal residents. The only office or position they can never attain is the office of the President of the United States. You have to be born in America for that to happen.
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by banmee(m): 11:07pm On Jun 24, 2017
Jaqenhghar:

I dont have to watch it. If a developed country's army with their high level of professiinalism can have such cases then I shudder to think what goes on in the Nigerian armed forces.
Banmee pls can you give us a heads up on this

Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by lereinter(m): 11:34pm On Jun 24, 2017
haske7:
Congrats my fellow babe!!! God bless u all d way!!!!!....

Like if u believe that Apc brought Evans to divert attention from buhari!!!!

see your life
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by lereinter(m): 11:34pm On Jun 24, 2017
thumbs up to a great woman...
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by Jaqenhghar: 12:33am On Jun 25, 2017
banmee:

the message below

ogbiwa:
I watched this documentary about rampant sexual assault in the US military especially rampant rape of female officers from their army to marine, navy, air force, coast guard etc. told by retired female veterans. It's called THE INVISIBLE WAR. Get it and watch it's a powerful film. See that the grass is not always greener on the other side
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by jerryflames(m): 12:57am On Jun 25, 2017
yeyeboi:

See this one looking for likes
As in eh...lol
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by banmee(m): 2:16am On Jun 25, 2017
Jaqenhghar:

the message below

Ogbiwa is right and wrong at the same time. This is why one has to be careful how one uses google. It does not always give you the full picture. One thing i can assure him though is the grass when it comes to anything American, compared to what obtains in Nigeria, is not only greener, but luscious as well. Yes we did have a sexual assault problem which we have tackled effectively. I myself am a SHARP Rep in my company. It is an additional duty meant to help prevent cases of sexual assault in my unit. Every unit in the army has one. The only reason he even knows about it is because it is very difficult to hide anything in the U.S. Compare that to what obtains in the Nigeria military where female soldiers are no better than sexual play things. My dad is a retired Air Warrant Officer, which is basically the highest enlisted rank you can obtain in the Nigerian Air force. And there is only one Air warrant officer at any one time. Guy, my mouth no fit talk wetin dem de take female Air men do. Yes, the U.S military is not perfect but to say the grass is not greener on this side is complete hogwash as far as i am concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by Punishment1: 3:45am On Jun 25, 2017
sukkot:
please grow up and stop posting disturbing pictures

edo is part of yoruba kingdom. jus sayin

I dare you to say that to an Edo man's face.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by Nobody: 4:36am On Jun 25, 2017
OrestesDante:

Even we NCAN are currently confused grin
She's from Edo. Proudly Federal Government Academy, Suleja alumni.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by Nobody: 5:53am On Jun 25, 2017
vannessa7:

even a nitwit will realise that the branch is from the trunk and can never be as big as the trunk, so Yoruba is from a tribe that is less than a state? and that prince forgot his language? because Yoruba language all have common ground whereby we understand each other and even have a common language, I served in Benin and I witness how part of our tradition is mixed with Edo tradition while no tradition or language of edo is in Yoruba in any form, if Yoruba originated from Benin we will reflect Benin tradition and language and not the other way round, I did Yoruba in my secondary school and the history says Yoruba migrated from mecca area but there are rumour that oduduwa came from heaven, but we all know he had 9sons each of which established a town the name of their king or town are the names of those sons, ijebu was ajebu, obokun was from ijesha land, etc, even the white men studying Yoruba will never tell you Yoruba came from Benin, go and study your history well. the book ovoranmwen nogbaisi shed more light on this issue, try and get it, the Benin kingdom was actually paying tribute to oyo empire then, what makes up Yoruba is deeper than meet the eye, even the ifa alone is an institution to be studied not to talk of oranmiyan, etc, thank God for white man religion we now serve our maker. Yoruba is a major course of study in higher institutions all over the world, internet should encourage us to study more in order to make intelligent contribution.

And the story of Oduduwa falling down from Heaven is logical to you makes sense to you? Some historians said he is from Mecca??
Really?? How is it possible to trek from Mecca to Western Nigeria??
You are right about benin paying homeage to the Oyo Empire. This was a summary of all the the events thats happened.

1.Before now, the ruler of Benin empire used to be called Ogiso(King of the Sky) not Oba.Bini was called Igodomigodo

2.The Last Ogiso resign was associated with Hardship and strive on the Binis
3.When the last ogiso died, his son(Ekaladeran/Izoduwa)who was supposed to take over experienced resistance and opposition because of how his father tenure went.

5.In an attempt no to be assinated, he escaped from Bini and went to Ife

6.In Ifa his name was corrupted from Izoduwa to Oduduwa! He had strong magical spirtual powers so people regarded him as the Son of God.He was made the spirtual head of the yoruba

7. After several years of unstabe monarchy in Bini, some chiefs and king makers went to Ife to beg Izoduwa(now ododuwa) to return home to take his rightful throne.

8.Oduduwa being the spirtual head of the yoruba was unable to leave his position in IFe to come to benin

9.He sent Oramiyan, his son who was born in ife and had yoruba backround to come and be The head of Benin

10.Oramiyan came with Yoruba culture to be Head of bini. Being a yoruba, he refuted the title " Ogiso" and was called " Oba"

11.Because of the complex traditions in Benin, he was unable to cope with being the head of benin, so he left benin in Angry and named Edo "Ile-ebinu"(land of vexation)changing the name from Igodomido to Ile-Ebinu

12.on his way back to ife, he spent some days at the place of a benin chief and fell in love with the daughter and impregnated her.

13.The daughter gave birth to a son called "Eweka" who was trained in benin cultured and tradition and became the first OBA.

14. Oba Eweka having a yoruba father saw it necessary to always go Ife for parental advice and guidance.

I hope this helps.
How The name was changed from Ile Ebinu to Edo is another story.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by GistFullGround: 6:17am On Jun 25, 2017
South-South people, silent Achievers!!!!
Another glowing daughter from EDO STATE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by Ikpangi: 8:07am On Jun 25, 2017
Na wa oh
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by cyrilamx(m): 9:14am On Jun 25, 2017
ihatebuhari:
God bless Esan people
esan peep are from where? Is Esan language not even a corrupted firm if bini language and are their royal stool not directly under the control of the Oba of Bini? Do Esan have greetings if not bini...example "lagiesan" by offspring of Ezomo? Plz Esan is bini...both Edo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by beautifulage(f): 9:15am On Jun 25, 2017
She is delta
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by cyrilamx(m): 9:38am On Jun 25, 2017
Cire80:
why did you say Irabor is Bini? I know that Irabor is an edo name but we answered that name as well. Even Idemudia and every other Edo names. Especially as surnames.
yes it is expected because Esans came out of bini.esan is no tribe just a corrupted bini...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by vickwhizzy(m): 10:45am On Jun 25, 2017
haske7:
Congrats my fellow babe!!! God bless u all d way!!!!!....

Like if u believe that Apc brought Evans to divert attention from buhari!!!!
Mah nigga

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by maxit2(m): 11:59am On Jun 25, 2017
sukkot:
please grow up and stop posting disturbing pictures

edo is part of yoruba kingdom. jus sayin

@seun, @lalasticlala and other mods...

OYA COME AND BARN ME I WANNA PLACE A CURSE...

Guy thunder fire you!
Edo is not under your mumu kingdom. You Yorubas & Igbos are dirty little people.
We don't subscribe to your sense of tribalism.
See, we read this news smile and gives a plus to NIGERIA. No need to come begin say Edo this Edo that....

GOAT!
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by martha89: 12:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
Osahon7:

Irabor is bini
Idemudia is bini
Well this Idemudia is an Esan.
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by martha89: 12:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
Osahon7:
Idemudia is strictly Bini Oga.
I may accept Irabor
Nope that is not true, alot of Idemudia are Esans .
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by sukkot: 1:01pm On Jun 25, 2017
maxit2:

@seun, @lalasticlala and other mods...

OYA COME AND BARN ME I WANNA PLACE A CURSE...

Guy thunder fire you!
Edo is not under your mumu kingdom. You Yorubas & Igbos are dirty little people.
We don't subscribe to your sense of tribalism.
See, we read this news smile and gives a plus to NIGERIA. No need to come begin say Edo this Edo that....

GOAT!
dayummm nigga shocked
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by Punishment1: 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
cyrilamx:
esan peep are from where? Is Esan language not even a corrupted firm if bini language and are their royal stool not directly under the control of the Oba of Bini? Do Esan have greetings if not bini...example "lagiesan" by offspring of Ezomo? Plz Esan is bini...both Edo.

Why do most Benin people have this annoying superiority complex when it comes to Esan and other Edo groups? She's Esan and not Benin, end of story.
Re: Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos by Punishment1: 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
cyrilamx:
yes it is expected because Esans came out of bini.esan is no tribe just a corrupted bini...

How arrogant can you be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Be Mindful Of The Words You Use / 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target / Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.