Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,855 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Depression Is Ruining My Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Depression Is Ruining My Life (5933 Views)

My Wife's Friend Tried To Seduce Me But The Whole Thing Is Ruining My Marriage. / My Ten Year Struggle With Sex Addiction Is Ruining me. / Help Help Facebook Is Ruining My Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Depression Is Ruining My Life by touch1234: 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2017
I grew up like this.

I just get sad for nothing or stupid reasons. I have tried drugs and alcohol but I always come back to the same spot.

It has gotten worse now that the country is in a bad shape.

I have had suicidal thoughts countless times and am afraid one day I would yield.

My life is miserable. Nobody knows am dying inside, people just think am proud or being a snob.

I need someone to at least tell me if this is a common problem or how to go about it before it gets out of hand totally.

8 Likes

Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2017
Take it easy on the suicide part. Think about the pain you will cause people around you.

2 Likes

Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by Oyindidi(f): 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2017
touch1234:
I grew up like this.

I just get sad for nothing or stupid reasons. I have tried drugs and alcohol but I always come back to the same spot.

I have had suicidal thoughts countless times and am afraid one day I would yield.

My life is miserable. Nobody knows am dying inside, people just think am proud or being a snob.

I need someone to at least tell me if this is a common problem or how to go about it before it gets out of hand totally.
I was like you till I decided to change that in 2016.

2 Likes

Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by touch1234: 7:07pm On Jun 24, 2017
Oyindidi:
I was like you till I decided to change that in 2016.

What did you do pls?
Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by phoenixthefirst(m): 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2017
Depression usually has causes. One of the causes being a loss or lack of a job. You know why you are depressed but if you don't know, try to find it. By finding it, you should work on it. But I want you to know that whatever the cause is, things should be better and you need to be alive to see this. So, I urge you: stay safe. Stay alive. As I said, things should be better.

A lot of people have been, at one time or the other, depressed, yet many of them are alive today and have seen that committing suicide would have been a mistake.

In conclusion, stay safe. Stay alive.

1 Like

Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by patosky3310(m): 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2017
touch1234:
I grew up like this.

You are not alone but it shall be well with you. Take this steps:
*Stay positive
*Listen to cool music
*Be prayerful
*Avoid those that bring you down or better still, pay them with good deeds for their bad deeds.
Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by touch1234: 7:14pm On Jun 24, 2017
phoenixthefirst:
Depression usually has causes. One of the causes being a loss or lack of a job. You know why you are depressed and if you don't know, try to find it. By finding it, you should work on it. But I want you to know that whatever the cause is, things should be better and you need to be alive to see this. So, I urge you: stay safe. Stay alive. As I said, things should be better.

A lot of people have been, at one time or the other, depressed, yet many of them are alive today and have seen that committing suicide would have been a mistake.

In conclusion, stay safe. Stay alive.

To be sincere, there are times I have everything going perfect for me and I just feel am empty. The only thing I know is that every simple thing starts to irritate and piss me off at such time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by MrHibee(m): 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2017
I'm sorry you feel this way. I very much understand how you feel. Whatever the situation may be, it's not the end of the world. You need to seek help. I know several experts that can help you. I can add you to a whatsapp support group also where you can talk to life coaches. You ever heard of olusola lanre Academy? Kindly send me a pm

1 Like

Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by phoenixthefirst(m): 7:19pm On Jun 24, 2017
touch1234:

To be sincere, there are times I have everything going perfect for me and I just feel am empty. The only thing I know is that every simple thing starts to irritate and piss me off at such time.
Do something new. When you’re depressed, you’re in a rut. Push yourself to do something different. Go to a museum. Pick up a used book and read it on a park bench. Volunteer at a soup kitchen. Take a language class.

"When we challenge ourselves to do something different, there are chemical changes in the brain," Cook says. "Trying something new alters the levels of [the brain chemical] dopamine, which is associated with pleasure, enjoyment, and learning."

10. Try to have fun. If you’re depressed, make time for things you enjoy. What if nothing seems fun anymore? "That's just a symptom of depression," Cook says. You have to keep trying anyway.
http://www.webmd.com/depression/features/natural-treatments

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by Oyindidi(f): 7:20pm On Jun 24, 2017
touch1234:

What did you do pls?
Try and be happy. One love
Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by johnson232: 7:20pm On Jun 24, 2017
touch1234:

How old are u sir?
Are u a student or working?
Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by wahles(m): 7:20pm On Jun 24, 2017
Whrs ur Location? We should b buddies
Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by wahles(m): 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2017
touch1234:
I grew up like this.

whr's ur location? We should b buddies
Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by Oyindidi(f): 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2017
touch1234:

What did you do pls?
Don't quote that post. I'll modify it later
Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by Israeljones(m): 7:22pm On Jun 24, 2017
Op which side u dey stay?
Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by touch1234: 7:28pm On Jun 24, 2017
johnson232:

How old are u sir?
Are u a student or working?
Working
Mid 20s

4 Likes

Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by touch1234: 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
Oyindidi:
Don't quote that post. I'll modify it later

Ok, I won't. Thanks.
Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by ReneeNuttall(f): 7:30pm On Jun 24, 2017
touch1234:
I grew up like this.

What You are passing through right now is only but a *phase* and u will sure get over it.
I was once depressed especially wen I had no job with loads of expenses to take care of.
What I did was ,I try as much as possible to keep myself busy by attending chch services, I strolled out just to catch a glimpse of the outside life ,I frequent nairaland almost on a daily,listen to music and ofcus watch movies.Before I knew it,I got over it.I know it ain't easy but just try and loosen up a bit.
Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by Oyindidi(f): 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2017
touch1234:

Ok, I won't. Thanks.
welcome dear.
Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by touch1234: 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2017
wahles:
Whrs ur Location? We should b buddies

Israeljones:
Op which side u dey stay?

Ibadan
Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2017
Do u have low self esteem?
Do people around u always say derogatory things to you.
Do u feel worthless at times.
Do u spend most of your time bothering about what your future will be like?u need to identify what cause depression and then u can do d out how to help yourself.
U need to appreciate yourselfbevenbif people around u do otherwise.
Your life is precious and u must not be like others. Look at the mirror and appreciate what u see.

3 Likes

Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2017
Depression is very real. But one thing I can say about how to overcome it is to speak out to people around you. Sorround yourself with positive people. When in state of depression, never he scared of speaking out to people around you. Sometimes, Internet can't help. Only people around you can lift and put you back on track. Avoid staying to yourself, it won't help, it will only bring negative thoughts.

Alcohol/drug will never help. You will always be back to that same zero state of mind when alcohol is gone

Be rest assured, you can always turn it around to positivity. All is well bro

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by touch1234: 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

What You are passing through right now is only but a *phase* and u will sure get over it.
I was once depressed especially wen I had no job with loads of expenses to take care of.
What I did was ,I try as much as possible to keep myself busy by attending chch services, I strolled out just to catch a glimpse of the outside life ,I frequent nairaland almost on a daily,listen to music and ofcus watch movies.Before I knew it,I got over it.I know it ain't easy but just try and loosen up a bit.

Thanks. I try to loosen up sometimes but it's very hard most times.

1 Like

Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by touch1234: 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Do u have low self esteem?
Do people around u always say derogatory things to you.
Do u feel worthless at times.
Do u spend most of your time bothering about what your future will be like?u need to identify what cause depression and then u can do d out how to help yourself.
U need to appreciate yourselfbevenbif people around u do otherwise.
Your life is precious and u must not be like others. Look at the mirror and appreciate what u see.

Stuffs you mentioned up there are true. I just feel different things might have contributed to the cause making it so huge for me to tackle.

1 Like

Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by ReneeNuttall(f): 7:55pm On Jun 24, 2017
touch1234:

Thanks. I try to loosen up sometimes but it's very hard most times.

Its not dat easy especially wen u are an introvert. But keep trying.
Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by Israeljones(m): 8:48pm On Jun 24, 2017
touch1234:

Ibadan
i understand what u feel bruh... some people always think depression is just some kinda feeling you can just pull out of easily..... its way beyond that...

no one can help u bruh... yu are the only one that can help ursef.... because for anyother thing yu might wanna try, it will always be temporary because u will later come back to the default state of depression except you pull out of that shell of negative thinking..

Let me tell you... you are not the only one going tru waheva yu might be going tru..
some people situation are much worse but they survived....

take this last kobo... Try not to stay alone again... this is very important..
finding a gurlfrnd will go along way too...

Think of those you wud send to their early grave if yu die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by sunnysunny69(m): 8:59pm On Jun 24, 2017
touch1234:
I grew up like this.

Some anti depressants work wonder, you should give some a trial. All is well.
Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by Debbielam(f): 9:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
touch1234:
I grew up like this.

Hi a lot of people don't know this but if you grew up like this then you're probably bipolar (probably stage 1).....its something a lot of people don't really take into consideration in nigeria. ..
My friend has the same problem. ..He was on meds before but he stopped now ....He learnt to take control over his feelings. ...its quite complicated but easy. .are you the only child?
Ps- he was treated abroad
Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by touch1234: 10:19pm On Jun 24, 2017
sunnysunny69:
Some anti depressants work wonder, you should give some a trial. All is well.

Which?
Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by sunnysunny69(m): 11:28pm On Jun 24, 2017
touch1234:

Which?
will ask in the morning and tell you before noon.
Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 24, 2017
FitnessDoctor ur help is needed here....
before op jump frm third mainland bridge.
Re: Depression Is Ruining My Life by sunnysunny69(m): 12:08am On Jun 25, 2017
touch1234:

Which?
will check and get back to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Hate My New Looks. Look At How I Look Now. [PICTURE] / Blame It On The Other Girl Syndrome: Inferiority Complex? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.