Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,142 members, 7,807,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police (37693 Views)

Evans: Police Reacts To Report On Promotion Of Officers Who Arrested Kidnapper / Evans: Police On The Wrong Foot / How We Arrested Most Wanted Kidnapping Criminal, Evans – Police Force Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Skmoda360(m): 9:51am On Jun 25, 2017
Omooba77:
Dem no fit, igba ti edi odiwon, ti efun osi mu won
nigbati oriwo ofe buru.....police make una no try nonsense oooh
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by GoldHorse(m): 10:17am On Jun 25, 2017
S'oro ni yen?! (Dat one na talk?!) undecided undecided undecided
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by GoldHorse(m): 10:19am On Jun 25, 2017
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Kaybaba5(m): 10:30am On Jun 25, 2017
Naija i hail thee
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by do4luv14(m): 10:39am On Jun 25, 2017
9jakohai:

I think that the Police have lots of evidence against Evans....that would probably come out in court.

They can't release it now.

As regards Kabiru Sokoto....that is , in a way, a different matter. In negotiating with terrorists, you sometimes have to sign pacts with evil....to accomplish good...which in this case was the release of some innocent girls. (Israel does do the same thing...see their release of several Hezbollah fighters in exchange for the bodies of two dead Israeli soldiers a few years ago).

If you ask me, I think that Kabiru Sokoto should have been subjected to a summary trial and then shot. But unfortunately...that isn't how things work in real life. Anyway...Boko Haram IS on the back foot. They cannot conduct attacks like they used to . Three years ago...Boko used to bomb big cities like Kano, Kaduna, even Lagos. Now...they can only manage to attack a few villages in Borno state....and they cannot even do car bombings like they used to. The barriers that used to be in front of sensitive installations in Abuja three years ago...blocking off several streets have gone. Boko is on the back foot....but I don;t expect them to go immediately.

IN my ideal world....Evans, and Kabiru Sokoto and their kind would be in jail permanently (And mind you, there are a lot of Bokoists in detention....and some are still being caught).

And remember...Evans had a lot of victims too. Just because Kabiru Sokoto got freed....does not mean that the rights of those victims to get their day in court should be denied. Neither does it mean that govt should slack off in its fight against Boko....nor does it prevent govt from recapturing Sokoto...and the rest...and bringing them to justice.

hmmmm, I jst shakes ma head reading ur comment, ok,
I wanna ask,

btwn sokoto, and Evans,
abomber per sec, and a kidnapper per sec,
both are a treat to humanity
both constitute violence,
one is deadlier, the other deadliest of the first,

so btw them both who was supposed to be walking or serving jail term, SOKOTO , or EVANS
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Israel4desmond(m): 10:43am On Jun 25, 2017
Addicted2Women:

They must free him though i don't support kidnapping

They have no evidence against him

If Kaburi Sokoto a well known Boko Haram leader can get released without serving any jail term, Evans will be released before Next year

And Shekau is still a free man

Buhari is a big joke
Your mother didn't bear for 9 months 10 days for you to post illogical stuffs. Do things which has got logic in it. Respect her pain. Make her feel that taking the pain was worth it
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 25, 2017
biko this is the right time to start exposing the bastarrds that use their postion to aid and abett criminals. tell us the bastarrds that want evans released so they can be put to shame. these are the people ruining this country
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by olajizz01(m): 11:03am On Jun 25, 2017
Addicted2Women:

If Kaburi Sokoto a well known Boko Haram leader can get released without serving any jail term, Evans will be released before Next year

Buhari is a big joke
You Igbo and Hausa are diseases in this,you igbos are harden criminal while Hausas are Terrorist.
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 25, 2017
eleojo23:
Really?
This is a very good opportunity for the police to teach kidnappers a lesson by using Evans as a scape goat and some people want him freed?
So they want kidnappings to continue?

I don't understand...

Guy, if you know the number of big businessmen involved in kidnapping, you go shock.

Businessmen snitch on their competitors, tell lies to police about their competitors, trail and monitor their competitors, and even kidnap them.

So the headline no surprise me.

All to remain relevant in business.
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by unbeat007(m): 11:28am On Jun 25, 2017
Addicted2Women:

Buhari is a big joke

What do you mean by they don't have any evidence against him? Even when he has confessed and admitted to committing the crime. All the circumstantial evidence and testimonies of many persons. What other evidence is stronger than that?

1 Like

Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by DoktorEazi: 11:30am On Jun 25, 2017
My People, Was Anini Freed
if no, so therefore wat they didn't to the jews, they should also do it to d gentiles.
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by win2da: 11:33am On Jun 25, 2017
Buhari said what? He should come out and talk let's see him... Mtcheww
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 25, 2017
Omooba77:
Dem no fit, igba ti edi odiwon, ti efun osi mu won
bros u made me remeba my sis......na she dey talk like dis
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:14pm On Jun 25, 2017
donogaga:
Some of you in your 30s and 40s will feel really foolish in your 50s and 60s.

What am I saying? Think beyond today when you analyse and take position on issues. This is even more so when you're contending with long range issues and you're just knee jerk. Those before you and smarter than you are in the dustbin of regret today.

Perhaps, I might fall in that category...so, note to self.

I'm curious : whats your point ?
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:16pm On Jun 25, 2017
EasyWork001:

I love your false moral equivalency. Just shrug off that a killer was released just like that. I can bet the reason they released him was cos of pressure from the North and not any silly excuse like terrorist negotiations. And we wonder why we are in soup. Even more disturbing is you actually think BH is weaker... lol. Just day b4 yest, they reported attacks on the news. What of the attacks they're not reporting? Nobody is joining you to drink the community Kool Aid that BH is on the back foot. You are OYO with that.

They must negotiate with Evans ooo! since its so sweet to free hardened criminals. Then lets see how long a country can last with such a trend. Negotiations my a*s.

The guy is mentally re.tar.ded.
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by bizzibodi(m): 12:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
if dey free that devil incarnate i will kill him mysef.
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by PinkDick(m): 12:33pm On Jun 25, 2017
TheHistorian:
Can we get over these Evans bullsheets already?

Bullsheets grin. Na wah oo!
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Dollabiz: 12:36pm On Jun 25, 2017
Don't even try it
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Jabioro: 12:37pm On Jun 25, 2017
I would suggest this my token to Nigeria police especially the Lagos command where Notorious kidnappers kingpin is currently been held. who ever that come forward or requested or make any moved for his released the person should be immediately arrested for he or she is an accomplices or known him very and his dastard act.
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by dammybabanla: 12:51pm On Jun 25, 2017
Addicted2Women:

Buhari is a big joke
No evidence ?/ what happened to all his confessional statements? What happened to some of his victims who will be more than willing to testify? U are a fool
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by NigerianScholar: 1:08pm On Jun 25, 2017
How is there no evidence?

He confessed. Pleaded for mercy
His crew/victims will testify
Theyll ask him how he became a billionaire
Addicted2Women:

Buhari is a big joke
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by holuphisayor(m): 1:22pm On Jun 25, 2017
hypocrites full this country ehn
one minute.... 9ice promotes fraudulent act
next minute ..... free Evans?
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by Tenumah32(m): 1:45pm On Jun 25, 2017
If you guys free evans, then this country is a joke
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by brojoshua: 1:53pm On Jun 25, 2017
As you free the other criminals, including all the looters, the corrupt judges, banks looters and those of the houses of assembly
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by ollyruffy: 2:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
Anybody asking for his release should be arrested and investigated. That person must have a link to his criminal activities.
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by brojoshua: 2:06pm On Jun 25, 2017
A corrupt generation that are unjust. Crimes that are not judged, contained and punished are what will consumed corrupt people. The injustice of a corrupt and an unjust people is what will consume them. The unrighteousness of an unrighteous people is what will destroy them and the wickedness of a wicked people is what will destroy them.
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by brojoshua: 2:09pm On Jun 25, 2017
And the corruption of a corrupt country is what will consume and destroy it
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by drbee007(m): 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2017
free him if you like....there hundreds of political kidnappers and looters siphoning the futures and fortunes of this country.they are the ardent crimals and are being celebrated....
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by enemyofprogress: 2:20pm On Jun 25, 2017
Moderators una no dey tire for dis Evans news?
Re: We Are Under Pressure To Free Evans – Police by mechanics(m): 2:23pm On Jun 25, 2017
He should not release him, if not it will send a wrong signal out there that we are not serious about the fight of kidnappers and other thugs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Seized Benz, Lexus During Early-Morning Raid At A Hotel In Edo State / Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife / Corpse Of Edward Soje, Kogi Civil Servant Who Committed Suicide By Hanging (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.