Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Re-occuring Typhoid Infection - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Re-occuring Typhoid Infection (14911 Views)

Anually Re-occuring Bone Problem. Help! / Nocturnal Emmission Occuring Frequently (causes And Remedy) / How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by Fogman(m): 2:02am On Jan 27, 2010
Please, i want good people of this forum and doctors here to advice me on what to do, my cousin suffer typhoid infections every now and then. He considering taking a vaccine for the infection.

1 Like

Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by Romeo4real(m): 8:52pm On Jan 27, 2010
The vaccine is not the solution and would not help in this case. I would assume the treatment was with atibiotics? It is clear that the infection is not clearing up with each course of the treatment, hence the recurring infection.
This is quite common with Typhoid. in fact approximately 5% of people who contract the disease continue to carry the causative organism after they recover. They become a source of further infection to others, sometimes without ever showing any symtoms themselves.

The solution is to retest after each cause of treatment. The best test at this stage is done with a stool sample. If a retest (with stool sample, not blood serum) is not possible, then a continuation of the antibiotic course can help.

The main problem is that the bacterium is now developing resistance to to the various atibiotics used - (ciproflaxin, ampicillin, chloramphenicol, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole and streptomycin)

Ceftriaxone and Azithromycin are now the best recomended alternatives.

2 Likes

Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by stnonymus(m): 7:55am On Jan 28, 2010
When there is a re-occurring illness, it could mean that the patient is still exposed to the SOURCE of the infection.So the first thing is to cut off all possible sources of contamination.eg. food and water, etc.Take the water you drink regularly to the lab for testing.Next step is to stay on a vitamin/mineral/herbal immune booster for a while to enable your body fight what ever infection is left.

For recommendations on a vitamin/mineral/herbal immune booster call 08060778264 or visit http://natureandhealth.webs.com/ourproducts.htm

Fogman:

Please, i want good people of this forum and doctors here to advice me on what to do, my cousin suffer typhoid infections every now and then. He considering taking a vaccine for the infection.

1 Like

Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by face969: 12:30pm On Jan 28, 2010
The reason u have a recurrence is because the typhoid bacteria is hiding in ur gall bladder. You need to eradicate the germ in ur gall bladder certain antibiotics can handle that. Call me for a free consultation 01-7657597: 1st consult always free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by ab1989: 1:53pm On Jan 28, 2010
Try food supplement natural antibiotics that has no side effects and will clear all the bacteria out of your blood fo details contat modupeaderonke@yahoo.com or call 08032451201
Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by Fogman(m): 8:15am On Jan 29, 2010
@romeo4real,
thanks for your post, please can you state on their branded names and also advice on any particular brand(s) i should go for.

@st_nonymus,
thanks for ur post, the website is not opening, pls can you send me detailed info to fogmanmails@yahoo.com.

@face969,
thanks for ur post, ur phone is not connecting, pls send details to me mail: fogmanmails@yahoo.com

@ab1989,
thanks for your post, i have sent you a mail, pls revert back to me.
Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by Romeo4real(m): 5:01pm On Jan 29, 2010
thanks for your post, please can you state on their branded names and also advice on any particular brand(s) i should go for.
Try Cipro first, if not working, try the other.

Ciproflaxin - Cipro, Ciloxan, Ciflox, Cipro XR, Cipro XL, Ciproxin

Ceftriaxone - Rocephin

Azithromycin - APO, Zithromax, Hemomicin, Zithromac, Zithromax, Amixef, Azifine, AziCip, EZONEX, Winzith, Azocam.

1 Like

Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by housedoc: 6:14pm On Jan 31, 2010
Why is there always someone (usually a quack selling dodgy remedies) trying to sell you something when you ask for advice.

There are no food supplements that can clear salmonella from the blood only antibiotics and as mentioned earlier the incidence of resistance will be very high in Nigeria which may be the reason why the infection is not resolving

Humans can be carriers of Salmonella without having symptoms and be a source of re-infection, I would recommend screening close family members if you have the diagnostic resources. This is assuming the original diagnosis of typhoid is not in doubt

1 Like

Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by coolier(f): 8:44pm On Jan 31, 2010
Don't play with typhoid fever, it's deadly! Tell your cousin to go see his doctor again.
Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by Songbird5: 9:04pm On Jan 31, 2010
Hi housedoc,
Allow me to make my humble observation.
Im not medical but i think your medical degree(if you have one) would be put to better use if you made some positive contributions and offered advice/solutions to our problems. Rather than trying to discredit the medics, doctors and 'quacks' in this section. We dont even have enough of these ppl here. We are no babies , i think the minimum age here is at least age of consent. So we can make our own choice. So i hope u can get on board whatever category you fit into and make a positive impact.
Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by Obamaa: 12:38am On Feb 01, 2010
Songbird5:

Hi housedoc,
Allow me to make my humble observation.
Im not medical but i think your medical degree(if you have one) would be put to better use if you made some positive contributions and offered advice/solutions to our problems. Rather than trying to discredit the medics, doctors and 'quacks' in this section. We dont even have enough of these ppl here. We are no babies , i think the minimum age here is at least age of consent. So we can make our own choice. So i hope u can get on board whatever category you fit into and make a positive impact.

Ma guy Songbird,we are on dis thread 2 discover dat we dnt knw and d Housedoc u are antagonizin has bein sayin useful thins while odas are tryin 2 collect commission 4rm some1 who sincerely came to NL seekin 4 advice.Must one kal anybody 2 get d name of any drug,y nt put d names on dis forum.Puuleeze,if u rily wanna bicker,i suggest u go 2 Romance section(no hard feelin).
Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by Songbird5: 7:57am On Feb 01, 2010
Obamaa
Have u read the evil drs and nurses thread ? Cheap healthcare sucks !But If one ask u to make a N40 call and you get better. Isnt it that better than paying thousands to see a public dr.who could mess u up? Good health dnt come cheap. From my little understanding, antibiotics become useless because theyre are abused, if everyone knew what drug cured what in Nigeria that drug would be useless in a year. So tell me what is a N40 phone call compared to your health?
Moreover, can we not make positive contributions on this forum without attempting to run others down ? Even if the next person makes 10 naira how does it affect a third party ?
What u eat dnt make me s**t. You grab ?
Im a girl, but i hate the romance section what about you ? No hard feelings just making a 'humble observation'.
Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by housedoc: 1:01pm On Feb 01, 2010
As a professional, I will not respond to nor engage in personal insults.

If you have a "cure" that works, you should not be worried about people challenging the validity of your claims after all "a trial will convince confuse you"

I have no problems with anyone making money, please don't do it at the expense of someone's health

Caveat Emptor!
Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by housedoc: 1:15pm On Feb 01, 2010
Dear Forum

I do not practice in Nigeria but I can give you sincere, impartial advice based on my knowledge.

If anyone wants to know about a specific illness or condition within my expertise, I am more than happy to give that advice.

I will give you the knowledge to make an informed choice and weigh the benefits and disadvantages of any choice you may take.

I do not discredit or endorse any cure, treatment or medical device but will give you an honest neutral opinion

In some scenarios I will give you a best option in my opinion which is without prejudice and within the limits of my expertise, I do not claim to know everything or have all the answers and you remain responsible for the choice you take.

Indeed there are treatments out there which are yet to be discovered and which may well work. There is also the "placebo effect" which you need to be aware of

I do not receive any payments from anyone and I do not seek to do so
If anyone has a "cure" or treatment that works, they should be ready to defend their claims and back this up with evidence where possible

Best Wishes
Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by face969: 1:45pm On Feb 01, 2010
Hey Fogman,
How are you getting on ?
Pls give me feedback after the 5days are up.
Cheers.
Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by Fogman(m): 7:11pm On Feb 01, 2010
Hi face, thanks alot for you concern! I m yet to get that particular brand you mentioned. Saw other brands, but not too keen on them. Just back from Boluke pharm and they dont equally have it. I saw the pfizer brand in a big pharm near my office and the price is very expensive, though i ll get it tmoro.
Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by MCLOVIN: 2:41am On Feb 03, 2010
Your recurring infection could be due to poorly treated or a resistant bug. Be sure to comply with your medication directions to the letter. Also stay away from likely sources of re infection. Dirty bukaterias and fast food joints. Eat your food piping hot. Dnt eat salads prepared outside of your home indiscriminately, you need to be picky here. Sachet water should not be your refreshment of choice. Go for a good bottled water instead.

1 Like

Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by chidyke77(m): 7:29am On Feb 03, 2010
@poster
I hope u've gotten d required information u needed frm posters dat recommended some antibiotics drugs whch are all good and i hav used many of them and they are quite potent. Some also adviced u on d way forward to avoid contacting d virus.
Am nt a doctor bt my family is a medical family and thus i hv some experience and am quite happy on hw some members are helping eachother in ths forum mostly ths section wtout demanding anything to pass d knowledge to smone in need of it.
Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by Fogman(m): 9:33am On Feb 03, 2010
@ all, i am extremely grateful for all your informative posts and advices. Thank you very much.
Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by Fogman(m): 3:45pm On Feb 06, 2010
Hi Face, was able to get the particular brand recommended. Will keep you posted, when he is thru with the 5 days dose. Once again Thanks
Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by face969: 1:48am On Feb 07, 2010
Fogman,
No problem. Lata.
Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by ladejobiA(m): 7:29am On Feb 26, 2010
The truth is that the infected fellow has to boost up his immune system. You using all kinds of drugs will only suppress the disease for a while but be rest assured that it will eventually come back. Boosting the immune system is not by drug, it is advisable you get a nutritional supplement that does that. Remember that taking of drugs will always result to a side effect. I know of one by name CAROTENOID COMPLEX. Using this with Garlic allium (also another supplement), you are sure of combating typhoid and any other form of disease.
Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2019
I’m suffering from typhoid, pls help me
Re: Re-occuring Typhoid Infection by Healthyway15: 11:15pm On Dec 12, 2019
Strongmercy123:
I’m suffering from typhoid, pls help me

Hello... sorry about your condition. I would like to share some knowledge about it, and its proper treatment.

Typhoid is caused by bacteria Salmonella typhi. It is a serious health condition especially in the developing world. Typhoid risk is higher in populations that lack access to safe water and adequate sanitation.

Causes of Typhoid Fever
Typhoid fever spreads through contaminated food and water or through close contact with someone who's infected. Most people feel better within a few days of starting antibiotic treatment, although a small number of them may die of complications.

Early symptoms of Typhoid Fever
Symptoms are likely to develop gradually, often appearing 1-3weeks after exposure to the disease. They include : headache, sweating, abdominal pain, weakness and tiredness, loss of appetite and weight loss, diarrhoea/constipation, extremely swollen abdomen

Later symptoms
You may become delirious, lie motionless and exhausted with your eyes half-closed. Life-threatening complications often develop at this time. The most serious complications of typhoid are intestinal bleeding or holes(perforations).

Treatment of Typhoid Fever
The most commonly used antibiotic is ciprofloxacin. Taking antibiotics to treat typhoid only work if typhoid is caught early. If not, typhoid can be fatal. There is currently concern about the growing resistance of antibiotics to S. typhi. In recent years, for example, typhoid has become resistant to ampicilin. Ciprofloxacin, one of the key medications for typhoid, is also experiencing similar difficulties.

There are very effective natural food supplements to treat all forms of diseases and ailments completely. We recommend suitable supplements of our Reputable Company to treat Typhoid to get the best results. These supplements start work by attacking the bacteria, weakening them and then boosting the immune system to eradicate them, and correcting the imbalances in the cells and restoring the health to normal for the desired results.

You can also contact us for other health conditions. For consultations, you can get in touch with us on whatsapp : 08164269252 for more details.

Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres / COVID-19 Update For January 16 2021 In Nigeria / N50,400 For COVID-19 Test In Nigeria, Free In Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.