Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Parading Evans: I Fear Conformity. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Parading Evans: I Fear Conformity. (622 Views)

Kidnapper Evans: I Can Estimate Financial Value Of Victims From Short Distance / Evans: I Gave My Father N3m, SUV And A Hilux Van; Why I Didn't Enjoy My Money / Kidnapper Evans: I Want To Die, l Can't Stand This Humiliation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parading Evans: I Fear Conformity. by hollowpot15684(m): 1:48am On Jun 25, 2017
Evans has definitely got a chunk of his own space on the front page of every Nigerian newspaper and websites, the media must have recovered some half of the amount Evans made in his seven years of reign through the money and exposure they get from publicizing every bit of his story.

One thing I know for sure, is that, the media is successfully playing its role on getting the information across to every individual without any interruption in transmission.

However, there are circumstances where information must be handled professionally by the media, especially ones related to crime. the police force; however, must make sure its criminal investigative department release only necessary information about a crime, in order to minimize the rate at which its been conformed with in the society. Psychologically, conformity is a type of social influence involving a change in belief or behavior in order to fit in with a group. As we co-exist in a society where we look up to each other to survive, we tend to mirror attitudes and behaviors. A twelve gang kidnapping squad is a perfect example of such concept. in the case of some Nigerians who are touched by the story of Evans and have been compelled to automatically make the notorious kidnapper their role model, at least this was recently made clear as the #freeEvans hashtag trend on twitter. I will say all thanks to conformity and zero common sense.

"I dont collect below 10million", "I use to take ransom of 1million dollars", duplex at premium locations, mobile phone worth 3.2million Naira, and other property worth millions. Wow!! does it not look like kidnapping is a very lucrative business?? at least it now look profitable to those who have been writing a business plan and also thinking of a projected value from the activity, by now they should have no problem estimating their net worth in seven years to come. If 'Evans' can do it, why not 'We'? Thanks to our police, who released over-adequate details of the criminal.

To my knowledge, the NPF disclosed too many information about his achievement through the crime he commit and that may attract and encourage prospective related ideas to thrive in the society. The NPF are probably been transparent or just trying to be friendly with citizens and media as usual.

As the NPF continue to rejoice, taking selfie and fighting over rank. the damage is fast spreading because it is a very contagious type of conformity. the content of the induced behavior - the ideas and actions of which it is composed look intrinsically rewarding and there may be a rise in crime especially from the kidnapping sector. it is time for the NPF to buckle up and use proper intelligence to track and apprehend situations that may lead to the death of citizens during kidnapping. Evans is not enough, there are 100 more Evans out there and thousand more coming up.
Re: Parading Evans: I Fear Conformity. by jaychubi: 10:55am On Jun 25, 2017
Op u jst put up a truck load of shit up there

The most important thing is to make kidnapper receive capital punishment n dt shld deter ppl from it.

D public has d right to kw everything abt Evans n NPF n d media has done a good job all dt is required is to give Evans death sentence without further delay
Re: Parading Evans: I Fear Conformity. by talk2archy: 11:53am On Jun 25, 2017
Y
Re: Parading Evans: I Fear Conformity. by hollowpot15684(m): 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2017
jaychubi:
Op u jst put up a truck load of shit up there

The most important thing is to make kidnapper receive capital punishment n dt shld deter ppl from it.

D public has d right to kw everything abt Evans n NPF n d media has done a good job all dt is required is to give Evans death sentence without further delay

The most important thing is not to give kidnapper capital punishment but to reduce the rate of kidnappers in operation and also to give prospectives a view of negativity on the nature of the act.
But displaying mansions, cars and putting so much importance on the subject will not only send negative feedback to the society; but, because of the value attached to it, it will also encourage the act.

(1) (Reply)

Outrage Over Facebook Post Of Two Young Alleged Church Thieves With A Tyre Aroun / Fraud: Chicken Republic Online Order / Popular Bishop Rapes 20-year-old Church Member In The Bush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.