Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? (13398 Views)

Mountain Of Fire Shows Satanic Dressing And ID Card To Hell Fire (Photos) / Victor Eghan: Watching Game Of Thrones Will Lead You To Hell / God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by VargasVee(m): 8:06am On Jun 25, 2017
We were all created with free will, now what good is it for us to have it if the intention was not for us to use it cause we'd go to hell if we stray?

I'm confused here.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by hopefulLandlord: 8:07am On Jun 25, 2017
Free will is inherently paradoxical, though, and doubly so when dealing with a supposedly omniscient, omnipotent being.

If decisions are dictated by circumstances (circumstances being both internal and external for this matter; predispositions to certain behaviours as much as personal history, etc.), then you have no free will, as you were never in control of your circumstances. If they are dictated by nothing, they're random and arbitrary, meaning you have no say in the decision-making process and, again, no free will.

Likewise, an omniscient being knows the outcome of all things before they occur. If said omniscient being is also omnipotent and creates a living creature, it decides the nature and circumstances of that being and, thus, all decisions it will ever make from the moment it has the cognizance to do so.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 25, 2017
Hell has always been the instrument use to instigate fear on the mind of its followers.

Religion is existing currently just because of the concept of hell

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by An2elect2(f): 8:23am On Jun 25, 2017
Men have no freewill.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by elderhimself(m): 8:27am On Jun 25, 2017
I believe that i am a true believer.....but I will always doubt the existence of a free will

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by hopefulLandlord: 8:35am On Jun 25, 2017
adepeter26:
Hell has always been the instrument use to instigate fear on the mind of its followers.

Religion is existing currently just because of the concept of hell

seconded, especially the Abrahamic religion

12 Likes

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 25, 2017

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by menxer: 9:31am On Jun 25, 2017
Yes there is freewill.
For you to open, read and/or comment on this thread is an exercise of freewill.

And it ends there, because If you take a step into religion or church, I doubt.

Let's try something...

Jesus said, "Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father."

I guess those that claim to "believe" in Jesus did so using their freewill. Using your freewill, can you say the quoted verse is fulfilled in you?

We have used our freewill to elevate the works Jesus did beyond what any other person can or should even attempt to do.

How can one do greater works than Jesus when the exercise of freewill is more or less emasculated in today's churches?

If you exercise your freewill and question some things you will be called an atheist.

In the church, there is nothing like freewill but "conform-will."

PS:
Church as used here refers to any form of organized religion.

9 Likes

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by malvisguy212: 1:03pm On Jun 25, 2017
good one menxer.

op, if the decision you blame made lead you to hell, how can you blame God for that ? Ezekiel 33:11. He created man for His glory and for His pleasure. Now here's a question... If you're God, will you derive pleasure from the "love" your created gives you if in the first place, you have programmed them like robots to give you love (they have no choice but to love you)? I believe that you'll agree that "love" that's not freely given is not true love. God had to give man a free will so that He can experience true love from His created so that pleasure is achieved. He wanted man to love Him willingly. Free will allows man to love God willingly. That's why God gave us free will. Not doing so goes against reason.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by VargasVee(m): 6:23am On Jul 02, 2017
elderhimself:
I believe that i am a true believer.....but I will always doubt the existence of a free will

Well, why's that? Everyone would be judged based on the life they led on earth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:47am On Jul 02, 2017
VargasVee:
We were all created with free will, now what good is it for us to have it if the intention was not for us to use it cause we'd go to hell if we stray?

I'm confused here.

cc: lalasticlala

Only him, who has overcome shall be worthy of wearing the crown.

We need to first know the purpose of the creation of man, then everything will fall in place.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 02, 2017
Lemme wake Lalasticlala up.

It's sunday
Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by hopefulLandlord: 7:08am On Jul 02, 2017
Another thing I never got about Free Will is whether it exists in the afterlife. Either option presents problems.

1.) We have free will in Heaven. This implies that Yahweh is capable of creating an absolute eternal paradise completely free of evil AND has constructed a means by which beings maintain free will in that state of being. Thus the argument that we have free will in our lives on Earth so that we can choose between good and evil falls flat, as God is capable of allowing free will without evil.

2.) We have no free will in Heaven. This implies that Yahweh cared so much about people's free will that he created our short temporary lives so that we would have the chance to excercise it, but then opted that we should spend eternity after without free will, which makes the time we spent excercising it seem rather pointless. If he valued it so highly in humans, why is it not a part of human paradise?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I book this space, just in case
Lol
This is the third plot you're booking o-o cheesy
Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by CoolUsername: 9:31am On Jul 02, 2017
adepeter26:

Lol
This is the third plot you're booking o-o cheesy

Remember, he's hoping to be a landlord.

5 Likes

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by OtemAtum: 9:42am On Jul 02, 2017
This message doesn't concern me. It is for the sheeple. The fire in the afterlife of goddess Aluna is cold and not hot. I'll go play with that fire there.

However, in the afterlives, everything is possible. You can turn hotness to AC. I've been there before.

Doctufos: Otem Erectus 41:29-41

29. Now while Onozare was in the farm with Anaze and Sutu his sister who came to visit them on a certain day, there was a very heavy rainstorm. And there were thunders and lightnings. And a great lightning ran down and struck the three of them such that they fell.
30. And when it was evening, Anoze and two other farmers saw them. And they took them into their farmhouse to resuscitate them. And when they had checked them well, they knew that Onozare and Anaze his son were cold, for they had died.
31. But only Sutu remained warm. And they said, she is not dead. And they kept her in the farmhouse and did all manner of things to resuscitate her.
32. Now when news got to the brothers and sisters of Onozare, they said, Onozare must have offended the gods. And he must not be buried. For the anger of the gods is terror.
33. And after one week, Sutu awoke and smiled. And they said, why did you smile? And she said, I have a sweet sleep. For I went to rest in an atmosphere of rest. And I did not wish to return.
34. Now Anoze, who was one of the farmers said, how many of you went to rest? And she said, my nephew and my brother went with me. But they shall not be returning. But I was told to return and live the kind of life which they live in that place on this place.
35. For fearlessness and deep peace of mind is rooted in that place where I went. And the fire in that place is cold and peaceful. And everything is possible to make in that place. It is a place of Aluna, which she made with her imagination while she was on earth here physically. And all her creatures who have not thought of or imagined other afterlives shall be in that place.
36. But those who have changed their thoughts shall also go to the afterlives they have fixed their minds upon.
37. Now the people asked, we have not known any Aluna. For Ohomorihi alone is one whom we know. And she said, Aluna is a goddess who made homos in two different places of the world. And she has said to me, the lands of Ebir shall still be named after the other land which is in another continent. And a time shall come when those in this land shall be United with those in the land in the other continent.
38. And they shall visit one another.
39. Now when they showed Sutu the dead bodies of her nephew and brother, she laughed and tapped them playfully, saying, keep enjoying yourselves. I will join you soon as agreed.
40. And the dead bodies of Onozare and Anaze were buried as opposed to the custom of Takumi where they did not bury the body of anyone who died through lightning.
41. For what Sutu said and demonstrated before them have made them have a change of idea concerning the neglect of dead bodies who died through a tragic means. For they did not bury even those who died in water before. But when Sutu told her story, they began to bury anyone who had died.
Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by GodsMopol: 10:02am On Jul 02, 2017
VargasVee:

I'm confused here.

cc: lalasticlala

Pls, give me a verse in the Bible that expressly state or infer that we have freewill as man. Evidently from Gen 1-3, because after chapter 3, it was a different world or system that was in operation

Well, lemme attempt your question, God gave man dominion not freewill (as I await the answer to the above) and the dominion was to dictate how the operations on earth should go as man dress and name and God uses the fellowship Man has with God to further make man a god on earth.

But man sinned, man never had the freewill to eat the fruit, God said, of all the tree thou can freely eat, but don't eat, it was a command not an invitation to treaty

Genesis 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by GodsMopol: 10:04am On Jul 02, 2017
elderhimself:

I wonder where they got freewill from oooo

1 Like

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by abumeinben(m): 2:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
If you're matured enough to know what freewill is, you're matured enough to know what to do with it.

1 Like

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by Benekruku(m): 2:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
That's enough reason to tell u religion is a Middle-East scam polished by Westerners!

The whole architecture shows its a scam!

4 Likes

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by carpenter4lyf: 2:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
GodsMopol:

I wonder where they got freewill from oooo
When will Christians agree on specific subjects like hell, heaven and freewill?

3 Likes

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by YelloweWest: 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
Because God created us but He does not control our actions.

We are created in God's image. We are also mini gods. Spiritual beings with everlasting souls.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
Do you really believe we have free will ?
Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by Amberon11: 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
Cuz we are gods
Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by emerged01(m): 2:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
Your will is your ability to choose between life and death.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 19

This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live

The day you choose to go astray is the day you choose death(hell).

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
Rossseu said " man is born free but everywhere, he is in chains...

me i don't even beliv dat we are born free in the first place at all...

WE DONT DECIDE OUR PARENTS..
we don't decide where we would like to be born
we don't decide if we would love to be feed milk, breast, or honey..
we don't decide which church or mosque, or temple, or shrine we will like to be born into.
we don't decide which Skol we want to start in..

and these choices mold our lives and future choices all our lives.

we don't have no free will...

5 Likes

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by Franzinni: 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
free will is NOT free!!!!

God is like a computer programmer who programmed a software (universe) and was proud of it.... But it was full of bugs (evil)and glitched (demons)so he tried to fix The code (the great flood) by copying all his useable files into a hard drive (Noah's ark) but unknown to him the bugs and glitches he so much hated were embedded in the code of his files and so when he reformatted and reinstalled the files.... As usual the bugs and glitches came back stronger than ever... So.. He decided to build an antivirus (religion) but the antivirus started to work on some and not others.... And so he decided to create antiviruses to work for all ( Christianity. Islam. Buddhism. Judaism. Etc)but as we all know you can't install 100 anti viruses on one computer and not have clashes... One antivirus will always see the other as a virus( religious clashes)..... So he tried to resolve this in many ways to no avail.... Everything started becoming bugged up.... And so he said "fhuuck it!!! "

He plugged his work station to the power outlet and went out side for a smoke breake

He never came back!!!!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by haibe(m): 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
This is one question you shouldn't bother about.. No man can answer it. Thats if there's actually a freewill.

But trust me the freewill we talk about in this context is only an illusion, we do not have any freewill.

2 Likes

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by leoweblinkblog(m): 2:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by bentuzene(m): 2:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
VargasVee:

I'm confused here.

Well Humanity has a choice to make as to where it stands, God couldn't mend the first humans with a capital punishment, He is Just and Merciful hence, he offers a solution, live on till when it's time, chose whom you will serve, Me? or the Devil, your deceiver.

At the end you'll come to see that when the story is told of how God dealt with sin and it's originator (The Devil whom if he had destroyed at the initial point would have saved us the stress but had made he wicked), people would understand why he is GOD!

God is Love!

1 Like

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by Apina(m): 2:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
VargasVee:

I'm confused here.

Who said u aren't to use ur freewill? And y are u so particular about hell, isn't there a heaven? The answer to the why is, that's what differentiates us from other animals and that's why we have a soul and they don't. The answer to ur second question about going astray points to the how. Worship of God is a choice one makes and since u were created in God's image, u have the privilege to freewill. Remember, everything was created good and all man had to do was not to get greedy. As much as there are factors which could lead us astray, there are also factors to keep us aright.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? by alphasperm(m): 2:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
our freewill(election votes) has already led us to hell(A Nigeria ruled by this satanic Buhari)

people in hell fire de pity us for Nigeria sef

smile below sha...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Actress Eucheria Disgrace Pastor Ituah Ighadalo / Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? / Have Any Of Your Dreams Ever Come To Reality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.