Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. (7190 Views)

Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 / Man Turns Attraction At Lagos Carnival (photo) / Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by babapupa: 5:48am On Jan 27, 2010

http://happylagosian..com/2010/01/eko-pride-and-culture-week-fashola.html

A lot is happening in Lagos this year,

Eko o ni baje lai lai

O ba je ti loju awon olote
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by aloyemeka2: 5:57am On Jan 27, 2010
Shouldn't this be in the culture section?. What is the big thing about unveiling a logo created by an artist?. Then, it's babapupa, any force that speaks against anything related to Fashola must be abused or branded a tribalist.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by babapupa: 6:06am On Jan 27, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Shouldn't this be in the culture section?. What is the big thing about unveiling a logo created by an artist?. Then, it's babapupa, any force that speaks against anything related to Fashola must be abused or branded a tribalist.

Keep quiet and go sidon for somewhere with your  hating,

If na Anambra now you go dey jump up and down like billy goat,

This is not about Fashola, this is about Lagos state.

I know how frustrating it is for you guys to have nothing to be proud of, It ain't my fault, hater oshi buruku
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by aloyemeka2: 6:40am On Jan 27, 2010
babapupa:

Keep quiet and go sidon for somewhere with your  hating,

If na Anambra now you go dey jump up and down like billy goat,

This is not about Fashola, this is about Lagos state.

I know how frustrating it is for you guys to have nothing to be proud of, It ain't my fault, hater oshi buruku

You ought to be older than this because even a 15 year old will not reason this way.  Truly, maturity is independent of age, it's more dependent on the mind. I can't believe that this agbalagba will be here jumping up because his state governor unveiled a mascot. May be Akala should unveil Santa Claus by November for us to chant alleluia and vote him in one more time. If you know what is good for you, better look for more better ways to protect Fashola from Tinubu because I no wan hear raataataataa followed by obituary announcement before 2011.  undecided undecided
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by babapupa: 6:51am On Jan 27, 2010
aloy-emeka:

You ought to be older than this because even a 15 year old will not reason this way.  Truly, maturity is independent of age, it's more dependent on the mind. I can't believe that this agbalagba will be here jumping up because his state governor unveiled a mascot. May be Akala should unveil Santa Claus by November for us to chant alleluia and vote him in one more time. If you know what is good for you, better look for more better ways to protect Fashola from Tinubu because I no wan hear raataataataa followed by obituary announcement before 2011.  undecided undecided

You really are a boring fella.

I'm not inetrested in your silly rant, this is about Fashola unveiling the logo of lagos state carnival, not about your and predictable bad bele.

It's not by force, go find some other ish that makes you snore well at night or just scratch your blokos if you must, just comot and don't try to make this about you, biafra and your insecurities, abeg vamoose,
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by aloyemeka2: 7:05am On Jan 27, 2010
babapupa:

You really are a boring fella.

I'm not inetrested in your silly rant, this is about Fashola unveiling the logo of lagos state carnival, not about your and predictable bad bele.

It's not by force, go find some other ish that makes you snore well at night or just scratch your blokos if you must, just comot and don't try to make this about you, biafra and your insecurities,  abeg vamoose,

You see how you make fool of yourself, jumping up because your governor unveiled a damn mascot. If you were a woman, men will be banging you with one slice of bread and a glass of fanta. Even a 10 year old will not be impressed by this. You sure say you dey alright upstairs?

Fashola himself will soon release a disclaimer from this stalker known as Babapupa, because he too will be surprised that an old man with grey hairs in his nostril is agitated by this. Lay off the weed, it's not good for your health.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by babapupa: 7:09am On Jan 27, 2010

A beautiful landscape crisscrossed
With fascinating bodies of water
Naturally beautiful and densely populated
From various lands we have come
From different tribes, tongues and race
Our destiny is tied to the chord here
Yes, it is our Eko.

Home to all, hope to many
Blessed land of great opportunities
From Badagry to the breaches of the atlantics
The vast seas of human heads at Oshodi
To the farmlands in Ikorodu
And the fishermen's delight in Epe
Yes it is our Eko

The mainland and the island
Divided between the rich and the poor
Yet we mix up so easily in the epicenter of isaleko
With nightlife like day time in las vagas
With a faster wallstreet in lagos island
and our Maryland is in the mainland
yes it is our Eko

Oh ye city that knows no sleep
Not without the oceans of beautiful faces
Unceasing hustling and struggling is our trademark
We know how to relax in our owambe parties
And cause the fireworks in the sky with our eyo
Beautiful masquerades from the dead that ensure we thrive
As we relentlessly dance and sing, Eko oni baje
O baje ti!

MEANING OF YORUBA TERMS USED IN THE POEM
EKO=the Yoruba word for Lagos
EPE, ISALEKO, IKORUDU, BADAGRY, OSHODI=Areas in lagos
OWAMBE=Lavish celebration
EYO=cultural masquerade dressed in flowing white gown, the symbol of lagos state
EKO O NI BAJE=Lagos will not spoil(a popular slang in lagos)
O BAJE TI=It won’t get spoilt forever
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by babapupa: 7:14am On Jan 27, 2010
aloy-emeka:

You see how you make fool of yourself, jumping up because your governor unveiled a damn mascot.

lmao, ebe like say this logo tin dey pain you,

Make I add more put make e pain you some more,

Theme:
African Films
Black Culture Films
Digital
Documentary
Fantasy/Science Fiction
Horror films
International
Multimedia
Student films
Category/Format:
Independant
Festival Info
Price info:
$50 per seat for the whole period
Opening hours:
10 am
Last attendance:
Number of journalists:
Next Festival Dates:
07/07/2010 - 07/12/2010
Is the Festival open to the public ?:
Yes
Does the Festival have a market?:
Yes
Does the Festival have a competition ?:
Yes
Film submission fee:
Payment
Film submission amount:
45$, free for students,
Submission accepted on Fest21.com:
Yes
Film call for entry start day:
01/03/2010
Film call for entry deadline:
05/30/2010
Festival Ecommerce
Your title here
Festival Contact
Festival Director Name:
Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima
Festival Director E-mail:
publisher@guarantysuccess.com
Festival Organization
Name:
Supple Communications Limited
Address:
1, Bajulaiye Road, Shomolu, Lagos, Nigeria
fest adr2:
1, Bajulaiye Road, Shomolu, Lagos, Nigeria
City:
Lagos
State:
Lagos
Zip code:
Nigeria
Telephone:
http://www.ekoiff.com
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by aloyemeka2: 7:18am On Jan 27, 2010
Now I know for sure you are an old man trapped in a young boy's brain. Fervent prayers can turn things around , you know. cool cool
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by babapupa: 7:42am On Jan 27, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Now I know for sure you are an old man trapped in a young boy's brain. Fervent prayers can turn things around , you know.  cool cool

You're still displaying your bad bele? Oya take some more,

Seriously, Your personal insecurities is getting way out of hand, it's seeping out of your pores. The fact that an ordinary logo got you all disgruntled and bent out of shape beats the hell out of me.

Everything doesn't have to be about you or what you like, there are tons of threads on this board to tickle your shallow and misguided fancy.

It's just a log so get a grip of yourself, I fit post some Anambra foto if I get some sef. Just don't go slit your wrist because of Lagos carnival foto. A freeking grown a!s!s man crying and displaying bad bele over logo, ain't that a shame,

Ndo,
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by paddylo1(m): 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2010
@babapupa,
good. .i am guessing the carnival will take place towards christmas?
i hope they do it close to the beach,like they do in rio
and everyone will party non-stop
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by tundewoods(m): 1:33pm On Jan 27, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Ok here we go again,a fella doesn't like a thread and can't simply ignore it but decided to post on it with intent of starting the usual NL brawl wink Come on guy cut some slack. I think you too are guilty of posting issues on the section that ought to be on other sections too.

Guys abeg try to avoid this usual face off's here on NL. Taking little issues too personal sounds laughable to me.Its just a forum so try to have fun while your here. grin grin
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by babapupa: 3:20pm On Jan 27, 2010
paddy_lo:

@babapupa,
good. .i am guessing the carnival will take place towards christmas?
i hope they do it close to the beach,like they do in rio
and everyone will party non-stop

Right on the money paddy_lo.

I sent them an email a while ago to create some kind of yearly weekend long festival for all Lagosians staged at the TBS where folks from different cultures participate and display their cultural heritage and bring Lagosians together. Also, cultural artifacts display, food and drinks by hundreds of vendors and companies. It's a win win situation for everybody, the state will make money, business folks will make money, Lagosians gets a yearly chance to get together and have a good time.

The carnival idea is still a great move and somehow will serve he same propose.

I can't help but admire the Alausa boys, they are firing from every angle and doing the best for their state. With sanitized and modernized Eyo festival and yearly carnival, Lagos is def getting on international tourists destination map.

Eko o ni baje for sure,
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by babapupa: 3:31pm On Jan 27, 2010
tundewoods:

Ok here we go again,a fella doesn't like a thread and can't simply ignore it but decided to post on it with intent of starting the usual NL brawl   wink Come on guy cut some slack. I think you too are guilty of posting issues on the section that ought to be on other sections too.

Guys abeg try to avoid this usual face off's here on NL. Taking little issues too personal sounds laughable to me.Its just a forum so try to have fun while your here. grin  grin

These hating clowns just need to curb their bad bele ways and attitude sometimes. It's not my fault that their leaders didn't create something for them to be proud of or even have leaders to reference as any form of positive change and advancement in their lives.

Instead of hating on Lagosians and Fashola, go put pressure on your leaders to register for class at Alausa and take pencil and paper for note taking.

Other governors and leaders from other countries are currently taking classes at Alausa,

I WANT TO BE YOUR STUDENT, PORTO NOVO MAYOR TELLS FASHOLA.

Critical acclaim came from far away Benin Republic for Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) as the Mayor of Porto Novo, Mr. Moukaram Oceni, said he would like to be a student of the Governor.

Mr. Oceni, who led a large delegation comprising top government officials, businessmen and journalists from Benin Republic said his visit was to congratulate Governor Fashola whose developmental achievements in Lagos, according to him, has been a matter of great acclaim and admiration in Porto Novo and Benin Republic, adding that he has come also to learn from the Governor.

he Mayor, who made his remark in French Language, said, “I have come with my delegation to personally congratulate you because the whole of Benin is aware of the great work you are doing in Lagos. You have brought order, discipline and conviviality in Lagos State”.

“Lagos is very clean now. I came with a great delegation comprising elected members of Porto Novo City and businessmen to express our admiration and the admiration of the people of Porto Novo and we want to copy and learn from you what you are doing in Lagos and how you were able to change Lagos so rapidly. I want to be your student”, the Mayor said.

Going down memory lane in relation to the historic ties between Lagos and Porto Novo, the Mayor recalled that the two cities had served as trading posts for the Portuguese, adding that the two also share very strong cultural and ethnic ties.

The Mayor said the relationship between Nigeria and Benin Republic dated back to the 17th century, adding that the two countries share a lot in common especially cultural and language ties.

Inviting the Governor to visit Porto Novo at a later date, the Mayor said, “You are already a citizen of Porto Novo. All the People of Porto Novo will be happy to welcome you”.

Responding, Governor Fashola called on African countries to look more inwards for economic salvation saying the wealth of Africa is in excess of what Europe can offer the Continent, adding that it is a thing of regret that African leaders continue to think that help can only come from Europe when so many opportunities exist in the Continent to make wealth for the development of her people.

The Governor told the Mayor, “Somehow in all of Africa, we have not looked enough closely at ourselves. We have continued to think that help can only come from Europe”, adding, “There is so much opportunities for us in cross-cultural and cross boundary trade between African countries that we have not taken. Indeed, I believe that the wealth of Africa is in very vast proportion in excess of what Europe can ever offer”.

‘You’re The Best Among Us’—Gov Jang Praises Fashola,

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009
« #22 on: December 08, 2009, 08:27 PM »

‘You’re The Best Among Us’—Gov Jang Praises Fashola,

http://happylagosian..com/2009/05/youre-best-among-usgov-jang-praises.html

The rating of the Lagos state governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), went up another notch in faraway Jos, the Plateau state capital, where the Plateau state governor, General Jonah Jang (retd), declared him the best among his counterparts in the country.

Governor Jang, who was speaking while receiving his Lagos state counterpart, who paid him a courtesy visit, declared that, “I must say honestly that I rate you the best among us in terms of development in the states we preside over.” The governor, who noted that there is need for state governors to exchange official visits in order to learn from one another, also requested his visitor to consider extending an invitation to him to enable him pay an official visit to Lagos at a later date, to, in the governor’s words, “take a look at what you are doing.

“We should start paying one another state visits to learn from what each of us is doing. Irrespective of our different political parties, we have a lot to learn from one another, and I believe, it is not time for politics, as the president said, it is time to work for the nation,” Jang said. According to him, to work effectively for the nation and our different states, “we should be able to exchange ideas by paying one another official visits,” adding that he has already focused his eyes on the areas of revenue generation and security where he would like to tap from Fashola’s wisdom.

“I am watching your revenue generating system very carefully and we are trying to borrow from you by asking those who are working for you to come and look at our own state,” the Plateau state governor said. Also commending Fashola on the success of his security system in Lagos state, Jang declared; “Again, the former I.G., Smith, told me that he was chairman of the security system you set up and today we hardly hear of armed robbery in Lagos state. I agree again that this is what we have to learn from you, aside from physical development.”

Governor Jang, who said he spent 12 years in Lagos during his service years, recalled how difficult Lagos was then in terms of moving from one point to another, and commended his visitor for the tremendous transformation that Lagos state has recorded in many areas, especially in transportation and the environment. Wishing governor Fashola a happy period in the state, the Plateau state governor,, who noted that the National Economic Council (NEC) also has some top military officers as members, expressed delight that, with his wealth of experience as a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, the Lagos state governor will impact on the council membership what democracy is all about.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by blacksta(m): 3:39pm On Jan 27, 2010
Babapupa can you tell BRF that our roads in oworonshoki are still bad and we have failed to see the dividends of the so called Nigerian democrazy apart from high tax fees - Is carnival the latest madness?
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by sjeezy8: 3:40pm On Jan 27, 2010
Mad ting I didnt know they still do the carnival in Lagos, it was brought from brazil by the aguda Lagosians.
all my pedros, Vera cruz, fernandez, da silva, pereira families

Las gidi is the state
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by blacksta(m): 3:47pm On Jan 27, 2010
sjeezy8:

Mad ting I didnt know they still do the carnival in Lagos, it was brought from brazil by the aguda Lagosians.
all my pedros, Vera cruz, fernandez, da silva, pereira families

Las gidi is the state

Another avenue to waste money -

The Romans held games in the colliseum to divert attentions from their failure to govern
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by sjeezy8: 3:49pm On Jan 27, 2010
blacksta:

Another avenue to waste money -

The Romans held games in the colliseum to divert attentions from their failure to govern

bad belle isnt good for you because the carnival has been around since the 1800's . . . . you should learn your history of lagos.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by blacksta(m): 3:54pm On Jan 27, 2010
You need to get your head checked what bad belle - I am resident of Lagos state and i am happy we have some one like BRF but lately i believe the man is losing focus - Which one would you choose - Repair roads in Oworonshoki or hold a carnival - not everybody can afford to attend carnival in V.I u know
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by sjeezy8: 4:26pm On Jan 27, 2010
blacksta:

You need to get your head checked what bad belle - I am resident of Lagos state and i am happy we have some one like BRF but lately i believe the man is losing focus - Which one would you choose - Repair roads in Oworonshoki or hold a carnival - not everybody can afford to attend carnival in V.I u know

Every city in the world has a Parade, Carnival,festival for its history and culture. It doesnt take away from infrastructure that needs to be done.

I dont know anyone that cannot afford to attend a carnival that is free As a Lagos resident and non indigne im sure it would be hard for you to understand that this Carnival is apart of Lagos history - so its not about fixing roads and what not. Its purley about restoring Lagos' old reputation and keeping its heritage.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by blacksta(m): 4:43pm On Jan 27, 2010
Dont get technical with me - The fact that an event is free to attend does not hide the obvious that it will have associated costs for the individual travelling to the so called free event. Please let us remain on point " Lagos not need another carnival we already the eyo festival" People in Ajejunle are suffering
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 27, 2010
^^ is the suffering in ajegunle a recent thing or has it been there since time immemorial?

and does the suffering in ajegunle prevent you from spending your money on beer, women and other things that dont help the poor in ajegunle?
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by blacksta(m): 4:53pm On Jan 27, 2010
Go and sit down with your illogical reasoning - I asked a simple question - Lagos is already overwhelmed with festive activities why add another one at the expense of the people
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 27, 2010
lagos is overwhelmed with people, as in overpopulated.

I dont hear you discussing that since you'd much rather complain about everything under the sun.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by blacksta(m): 5:02pm On Jan 27, 2010
see why i have said you were illogical on the above topic - Their is absolute no correlation btw overwhelmed with people or overwhelmed with festive activities. try again
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 27, 2010
are you sure you should be posting on this thread since you clearly have some problems understanding what its about?

You're complaining Lagos shouldnt have festivities because people are suffering in ajegunle.

does your post have anything to do with the topic?

If the suffering in ajegunle worries you that much then do your own penance over it.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by sjeezy8: 5:11pm On Jan 27, 2010
lol^

blacksta:

see why i have said you were illogical on the above topic - Their is absolute no correlation btw overwhelmed with people or overwhelmed with festive activities. try again

well Lagos has always been festive and shouldnt change because migrants cant afford the festivities in Lagos state.
I wouldnt go to New york and ask them to stop having parades(of which they have many of) to concentrate on building infrastructures in the ghettos.

within due time the rest of Lagos state will prosper.

This thread is about fashola unveiling Lagos carnival logo -not ajegunle boys lol
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by blacksta(m): 5:16pm On Jan 27, 2010
tpia.:

are you sure you should be posting on this thread since you clearly have some problems understanding what its about?
The
tpia. link=topic=388163.msg5397624#msg5397624 date=1264608450:

You're complaining Lagos shouldnt have festivities because people are suffering in ajegunle.

does your post have anything to do with the topic?

If the suffering in ajegunle worries you that much then do your own penance over it.

The Ajejunle analogy was used to say if you dont understand " I would prefer BRF focus on other weighted issues "

off topic (like you have been all the way ) i still love u -

Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by paddylo1(m): 5:58pm On Jan 27, 2010
@blacksta. .
why not just take a hike

@tpia
good points u raised
philadelphia were i currently reside,has its annual mummers parade
its one of the largest in the country
yet there is probably 40% poverty in philadelphia. .
some ppl blacksta just like to hear themselves talk
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by Arnold1(m): 6:11pm On Jan 27, 2010
Babapupa has a point - aloy.emeka has placed anambra/igbo posts here that have nothing to do with politics.
I recall a thread where an igbo accomplished some feat in education that was placed here by aloy.emeka.

You don't have any moral standing to criticize someone doing the samething you do.
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by blacksta(m): 6:15pm On Jan 27, 2010
paddy_lo:

@blacksta. .
why not just take a hike

@tpia
good points u raised
philadelphia were i currently reside,has its annual mummers parade
its one of the largest in the country
yet there is probably 40% poverty in philadelphia. .
some ppl blacksta just like to hear themselves talk

40% cant be right  - you must also understand poverty in philly will be measured differently with the poverty in Lagos - I only asked a simple question " Is BRF not losing focus "
Re: Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. by ziga: 7:57pm On Jan 27, 2010
@Post

For those saying the carnival will not be beneficial to Lagosians, go ask the people from the little islands in the caribbean.

During carnival, people fly in from all over the world and that brings business to the people. This is one of the reasons why the caribbean is a famous tourist destination. And for your information, many of these islands' economy is totally dependent on tourism.

If you do not look beyond your nose, you will never see the bigger picture.

And i am sure oworonsoki raod will be fixed. Just channel your complaints to the right authorities. I don't think Nairaland can help you with that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hierarchy Of Needs And Values - Cultural Perspective / Lagos Has Only One Ohaneze Ndi-Igbo President — Igbo Leaders / Africans Abroad Using Juju To Catch Oyinbo For Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.