Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) (28695 Views)

See The Antelope My Cousin Killed Today In The Farm (photo) / My Friend Was Coming From The Farm And Killed This Snake This Morning (photos) / My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by sarutobie(m): 8:28pm On Jun 25, 2017
shortgun:

Don't just say its a cobra without facts.... The cobra in the picture you posted is a king cobra ad its definitely longer than the snake the OP killed.
That's why I suspected it to be the banded water snake.
That snake is the common spitting cobra found all over west Africa....the yellow markings underneath it is a dead giveaway.

1 Like

Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by TIDDOLL(m): 8:29pm On Jun 25, 2017
adisabarber:
Guy, that is a cobra.

Dude, this your pic is a King Cobra...u just go save one snake wey get yellow band for neck from Google.....begin dey represent about... ..

1 Like

Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by nkemjacob2(m): 8:33pm On Jun 25, 2017
#save the snake
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by unitedsurv: 8:42pm On Jun 25, 2017
shortgun:
That's a banded water snake.....its non venomous.
okay let's use your leg as an experiment angry

2 Likes

Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by tosyne2much(m): 8:51pm On Jun 25, 2017
technicallyrich:
That is tosyne2much,because he shares the same characteristics with snakes.
Like using different monikers to cause division between ss and se.
Treacherous by forming like a good guy for girls to like him.
Always going to places he is not wanted ETC
My hand no dey this one wey you dey talk ooooo cheesy
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 25, 2017
shortgun:
Oga pls kindly explain to us in details o! Cos me I dey see wetin resemble cobra so.
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by Collins10(m): 8:55pm On Jun 25, 2017
shortgun:

Don't just say its a cobra without facts.... The cobra in the picture you posted is a king cobra ad its definitely longer than the snake the OP killed.
That's why I suspected it to be the banded water snake.
Lol... I am just wondering how you can be confidently saying the wrong thing. Something you are not sure of.... That snake na cobra na. Check am well. Seun is right..... And hell yes! It is as venomous as Bleep!

2 Likes

Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by aku626(m): 8:58pm On Jun 25, 2017
shortgun:
Poor creature lost its life on Sal
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by adecz: 8:58pm On Jun 25, 2017
The look of the snake Sef dey
give me malaria... shocked

I dey go hospital go take
anti venom, first thing tomorrow. ..... Issssshhh

1 Like

Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by Holla20(m): 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2017
I still don't understand how someone killing a snake becomes a news
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by me69: 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2017
jydharry:
I went to my fish farm to feed them as usual, as I was feeding them I saw this snake that has been terrorising them,without wasting time I picked the available weapon and killed it, only God knows how long it has been feasting on them.
na snake wetin you make he feed on, salad??
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by scalpel: 9:02pm On Jun 25, 2017
What is nairaland's obsession with snakes sef?

Just pathetic!
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by Holla20(m): 9:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
I still don't understand how someone killing a snake becomes a news

Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by Trexnemesis(m): 9:18pm On Jun 25, 2017
Cobra ni o.
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by nams77: 9:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
shortgun:
The banded water snake is non venomous like you rightly pointed out but you can hardly distinguish it from it very deadly cousin, the cottonmouth snake(water mocassin). They look alike structural. The only difference is their behavior. The banded water snake shakes its tail when agitated and open its mouth wide tofeed. op, like the late notorious BIG will say, shot first and ask questions last. Kill it first before finding out if it's deadly
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by whizcartel(m): 9:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
That's a cobra.. I don't think it's feeds on fish in the water.
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by Boole3(m): 9:24pm On Jun 25, 2017
Seun:
Really? I cannot identify it, but it seems to have a hooded neck, which suggests that it's some kind of cobra.
looks like the king cobra
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by Tecno66: 9:40pm On Jun 25, 2017
[quote author=Nma27 post=57822422]I've never tasted snake meat before... Hope its delicious. Heard one can get it at Ushafa. I'll check it out soon[/quote ]You wan chop the devil himseft.
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by Damfostopper(m): 10:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
shortgun:
there is no banded water snake in Africa... all water snakes in Africa are dangerous and venomous

Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by Damfostopper(m): 10:08pm On Jun 25, 2017
excanny:

Do we have cobras in Nigeria?
Nooooo... we have earthworms

1 Like

Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by madgoat(m): 10:26pm On Jun 25, 2017
jydharry:

so I should leave d snake?? #wehdoneSir. if you know more about fish farming then you will understand that in earthen pond,there is no way u can protect your pond 100pecent from such. the pond and its immediate environment was cleared and d pond is even covered with a protective Net, but this creature still finds its way there.

You better go and look for a real job and stop wasting your time with what cannot feed you and people that depend on you undecided
#i dont knw why all this fish farmers like deceiving themselves with small scale ponds thinking they have a job. undecided
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by Kylce042(m): 10:31pm On Jun 25, 2017
shortgun:
No!!!! that is actually a cobra and it is one of the most venomous snakes in the world
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by eluquenson(m): 10:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
Well, killing the snake is the best for your business.

You can't really fathom the extent of damage a snake can cause to your farm.

Kudos for the brave job @Op
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 25, 2017
Damfostopper:
Nooooo... we have earthworms
You ehn lmao!
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 25, 2017
[quote author=Tecno66 post=57839431][/quote]Yea
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by mercytripletz: 11:24pm On Jun 25, 2017
madgoat:

You better go and look for a real job and stop wasting your time with what cannot feed you and people that depend on you undecided
#i dont knw why all this fish farmers like deceiving themselves with small scale ponds thinking they have a job. undecided

we now understand why your monicker is 'madgoat'.
Indeed like a goat.
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:51am On Jun 26, 2017
jydharry:

so I should leave d snake?? #wehdoneSir. if you know more about fish farming then you will understand that in earthen pond,there is no way u can protect your pond 100pecent from such. the pond and its immediate environment was cleared and d pond is even covered with a protective Net, but this creature still finds its way there.
Oga no vex but how you know the snake was terrorising (I presume you meant eating) your fish; did you see it actually doing so or was there any found in its stomach after you killed it? - just asking.
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by Brosnan: 1:26am On Jun 26, 2017
All i want to know is the phone that was used to take those pictures
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by Brosnan: 1:28am On Jun 26, 2017
jydharry:
I went to my fish farm to feed them as usual, as I was feeding them I saw this snake that has been terrorising them,without wasting time I picked the available weapon and killed it, only God knows how long it has been feasting on them.

Please what phone took those pictures?
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by vickwhizzy(m): 3:08am On Jun 26, 2017
jydharry:
Which phone u use take the picture?the camera sharp and clean wink
Re: This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos) by LeonMacJames(m): 3:20am On Jun 26, 2017
kevoh:
Where the picture of the fish pond? That snake will not survive 30 seconds in a fish pond with brood stock only. grin grin Those fish will use it to do snake barbecue.
asin ehn, if you put your hand in such a fish pond, if you're not careful only bones will come out. A pond of lalastic lalas angry grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nairalanders Palm Oil Mill / Agriculture/Farming Business In Nigeria / What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.