Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Help My PC Battery Percentage Got Stuck At 0% - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help My PC Battery Percentage Got Stuck At 0% (1150 Views)

0% Available (pluged In, Charging) / Never Get Stuck Due To Flat Tyre: Get A Tyre Pump (7000 ONLY!!!) / My Accer Mini Laptop (aspire V5) Showing 0% Plugged In, Not Charging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My PC Battery Percentage Got Stuck At 0% by Psalmpy(m): 11:37am On Jun 25, 2017
I was charging my PC on a Saturday morning using generator after 45 minutes of charging to 60%... Suddenly, i noticed that the charger of my phone made a sound � like (poorf) and i was also perceiving a burnt odour...As i moved closer, my phone was no longer charging, my charger has blown but my PC was still charging at this point in time, after some few minutes of charging the charger suddenly stopped charging, once again i moved closer to the wall socket where my PC was plugged, the PC charger too don blow. After using up the battery on the PC, i tried getting a charger of the same type and voltage from a friend ever since yesterday my PC is still stuck at 0%. Abeg any suggestions on what I could do to revive my battery.
Below is what it shows
(Plugging in, charging 0% available)
Re: Help My PC Battery Percentage Got Stuck At 0% by martyns303(m): 11:47am On Jun 25, 2017
The battery is bad, mine was that till I changed it. Battery cost around N5k for new one. Don't buy second hand, battery have a circle, meaning the more it's used the less it retains charge.

A second hand battery would hold less charge, and drain faster......
Re: Help My PC Battery Percentage Got Stuck At 0% by Psalmpy(m): 11:53am On Jun 25, 2017
martyns303:
The battery is bad, mine was that till I changed it. Battery cost around N5k for new one. Don't buy second hand, battery have a circle, meaning the more it's used the less it retains charge.

Thanks for your response
But i don't really think the battery is bad, if so it shouldn't have been able to retain charge and still perform as normal after the charger got burnt
Re: Help My PC Battery Percentage Got Stuck At 0% by martyns303(m): 12:03pm On Jun 25, 2017
Psalmpy:

Thanks for your response
But i don't really think the battery is bad, if so it shouldn't have been able to retain charge and still perform as normal after the charger got burnt

Wait, after removing the charger the laptop still stays on?
Re: Help My PC Battery Percentage Got Stuck At 0% by Psalmpy(m): 12:18pm On Jun 25, 2017
martyns303:

Wait, after removing the charger the laptop still stays on?
Nooooo! It goes off immediately
Re: Help My PC Battery Percentage Got Stuck At 0% by ellagabs(f): 1:09pm On Jun 25, 2017
martyns303:

No ofenz sir, but 5k battery is mor lik a dead battery brought back to life. Its calld "compatible bat3"

Original bat3 wil cost you above 13k.

1 Like

Re: Help My PC Battery Percentage Got Stuck At 0% by ellagabs(f): 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2017
Psalmpy:
I was charging my PC on a Saturday morning using generator after 45 minutes of charging to 60%... Suddenly, i noticed that the charger of my phone made a sound � like (poorf) and i was also perceiving a burnt odour...As i moved closer, my phone was no longer charging, my charger has blown but my PC was still charging at this point in time, after some few minutes of charging the charger suddenly stopped charging, once again i moved closer to the wall socket where my PC was plugged, the PC charger too don blow. After using up the battery on the PC, i tried getting a charger of the same type and voltage from a friend ever since yesterday my PC is still stuck at 0%. Abeg any suggestions on what I could do to revive my battery.
Below is what it shows
(Plugging in, charging 0% available)

May be your bat3 is still good, b4 buyin a new bat3 try to charge your bat3 on a similar laptop first.
May be is your chargin IC that blew up.
Re: Help My PC Battery Percentage Got Stuck At 0% by martyns303(m): 2:08pm On Jun 25, 2017
Psalmpy:

Nooooo! It goes off immediately

Definitely battery....
Re: Help My PC Battery Percentage Got Stuck At 0% by martyns303(m): 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2017
ellagabs:

No ofenz sir, but 5k battery is mor lik a dead battery brought back to life. Its calld "compatible bat3"

And I bought one for 7k o, sigh...
Re: Help My PC Battery Percentage Got Stuck At 0% by Psalmpy(m): 4:28pm On Jun 25, 2017
martyns303:

Definitely battery....
Okay thanks
Re: Help My PC Battery Percentage Got Stuck At 0% by Psalmpy(m): 4:30pm On Jun 25, 2017
ellagabs:

Really?
Re: Help My PC Battery Percentage Got Stuck At 0% by Psalmpy(m): 4:32pm On Jun 25, 2017
martyns303:

And I bought one for 7k o, sigh...
Where did u buy it.... And hope it's been serving you well

(1) (Reply)

Cheap USA Used HP Probook 4440s -SOLD / Lenovo Ideapad S210 @40k And Dell Inspiron 7520 Corei5 With Dedicated Card @140k / How To Hide Your IP Address And Prevent Being Tracked Down Or Monitored

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.