Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,926 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:38 AM

Pig Farming... You Have To Read This - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farming... You Have To Read This (755 Views)

Ask Pigbarn Any Questions About PIG FARMING. / How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know / Profitability Of Pig Farming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pig Farming... You Have To Read This by tunsjnr: 4:31pm On Jun 25, 2017
Which are the food for pigs are readily available
5) Pants (house for pigs) are readily available for sale or rent age
6) there are ready market to sell your pigs at anytime one is ready
7) it is lucrative and worth investing on If handled well

For more information/ investment/advice
Call or whatsapp me on 08051385288
Also I have a whatsapp group where we share ideas and transact . thanks. Olanrewaju
Re: Pig Farming... You Have To Read This by Preprobiotics: 6:53pm On Jun 25, 2017
Molasses and Lactobacillus Serum for Livestock, Poultry and Home Use
Undiluted Organic Molasses for Strong Nutritional Value with many Health Benefits. Lactobachillus a Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry and Fish Farming, Also an effective Foul ODOUR Removal for Farms, Households, Dust Bins,Sewage, etc.
Call: 08121790440

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pig Farming... You Have To Read This by tunsjnr: 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2017
My name is Olanrewaju, A graduate of geology from University of Ilorin. I hail from Ondo state. I am a pig farmer, I farm at Oke Aro Pig farm at the outskirt of Lagos (it is accessible through Able egba and Agbado in Lagos state.
I am here to encourage you about pig farming, its lucrativeness, risks and opportunities.

Before I begin, I won't sweet mouth you into thinking it's a bed of roses ( life I'd what you make of it). Its has its own risk. So If you can't take risks, its better you stop reading this.
If you are still reading, you are on point, life is riskier when you don't take risk. I will just talk about the basics since you can call/text or even visit me on the farm.

On getting started:
* You need to be fully interested *You will need capital (depending on how big you intend start)
*you need a pen or land to get started
* you need to know that is an investment. You don't can take ur money is...no reaping for a while
* if you won't be there 247, you will need a capable hand to manage it for you.

There are two sections you can go into in pig farming
1) Breeding: it involves reproducing. Buying of mature sow and boar crossing them to produce piglet.
2) Fattening: it involves buying pigs at small sizes (winner or grower), then nurturing them till desired size

If i am to advise, I will strongly say for those who wants to start on a scale of small to medium, I will advise they start on a farm like Oke Around because

1) it is governed by a body of farmers whose duty is partly to protect farmers interest
2) Acquiring pigs of different size, sex, origin is readily available on the farm
3) Vet Doctors are always available on the farm invade pigs needs medical attention
4) Feed, PKC , compounded, cassava peels (talk)

Which are one of those
* you will need someone to put you through Which are the food for pigs are readily available
5) Pants (house for pigs) are readily available for sale or rent age
6) there are ready market to sell your pigs at anytime one is ready
7) it is lucrative and worth investing on If handled well

For more information/ investment/advice
Call or whatsapp me on 08051385288
Also I have a whatsapp group where we share ideas and transact . thanks. Olanrewaju
Re: Pig Farming... You Have To Read This by omo17(m): 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2017
How much is the pen in oke aro

1 Like

Re: Pig Farming... You Have To Read This by tunsjnr: 11:56pm On Jun 26, 2017
depends on the size you want ....2k-5k
Re: Pig Farming... You Have To Read This by omo17(m): 9:11am On Jun 27, 2017
tunsjnr:
depends on the size you want ....2k-5k

Monthly or yearly, thanks
Re: Pig Farming... You Have To Read This by tunsjnr: 2:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
monthly
Re: Pig Farming... You Have To Read This by omo17(m): 2:41pm On Jun 27, 2017
tunsjnr:
monthly

OK, thanks

(1) (Reply)

Do U Know? / Castor Oil / Do You Want An Agricultural Land . Im Your Man..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.