Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 (15056 Views)

Photo Of Evans Wife And Children Crying Shocks Evans, The Kidnapper / One Of Evans' Victim Narrates Ordeal & Reveals He Paid $1.2m Ransom / A Businessman's Picture Mistakenly Published As That Of Evans The Kidnap Kingpin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by ynaijaNews: 6:49am On Jun 26, 2017

Chukwudumeje Onuamadike, the kidnap baron, known as Evans, was allegedly arrested for armed robbery in 2006 but a policewoman helped him circumvent justice.

According to NAN, the police source who gave this revelation on Sunday, disclosed that seven members of Evans’ gang died while sharing their loot in Lagos state.

After attacking a commercial bank in the state, the gang members were said to have gone somewhere around the National Arts Theatre, Iganmu, to share the loot.

While sharing it, the suspects reportedly had a disagreement and shot at one another, leading to the deaths of seven of them.

“The then divisional police officer of Iponri police station, Yahaya Bello, now a deputy commissioner of police, said there was a serious incident involving some persons who shot at one another. He said about three of them had been arrested,” the source said.

“One of the members of the gang arrested then was Chukwudi Onuamadike, popularly known as Evans. If you look at his chest, I cannot remember whether it is the right or left side, there is a scar. It was as a result of the gunshot from his gang members that day.

“He bled and there was no way he could run away before the police came. The case was transferred to the Lagos state anti-robbery squad. We investigated and discovered that they were armed robbers.

“Evans led the team. We also went to Mbidi police station, Imo state, to carry out an investigation on them. We were able to arrest two other members of the gang. We then had five of them in police custody.

“There was a policewoman at the band section of the Police College, Lagos. She was known as Tina, a superintendent of police. She insisted that we should drop the case and that Onuamadike (Evans) was her brother.

“But when she was unable to achieve her aim, she travelled to Imo state. Not long after, we got a message from the Imo state police command that they had been searching for Evans and asked us to transfer the case to them so they could continue from where we stopped. Since that time, we did not hear anything. We heard he was later released there.”

The source said he identified Evans after he saw his pictures during the recent arrest, and that some of his colleagues at the time Evans was arrested then drew his attention to the recent development.

“We identified him only as Chukwudi. Some of the persons we worked together on the case also called me to draw my attention to the fact that he was the one arrested,” he said.

“He couldn’t have been the only person released. The request was that we should transfer the case to them. We sent him and two members of his gang to the command. There is a hotel in Okota area where they used to meet to share their loot.

“The owner of the hotel was their friend. There was a time they robbed three banks in Alaba International Market in 2005. They also looted shops there. One of the owners of the shop complained to the police and we carried out an investigation.

“We discovered that some of the items stolen in the man’s shop were digital cameras. We traced the cameras to the hotel and into the office of the hotel owner. It was then that ‘big men’ started calling from everywhere that we should drop the charges against them.

“The owner of the hotel was later killed by the robbers, following a disagreement. His body was dumped by the roadside in one of the states in the east some time ago.”

The source expressed fear that if Evans was not properly investigated and prosecuted, he could form a terrorist group.

“The best way to handle his case is for the police to do their work. They should do a proper investigation. If it will take four months to investigate him, they should do so. He has links in South Africa, Ghana, etc,” he said.

“I know him. Bank robbery and hijacking of bullion vans was easy for him and his gang members. He did not hesitate to shoot any member of his gang suspected of foul play.”

NAN said the inspector-general of police intelligence response team that arrested Evans confirmed all the allegations of the source.

YNAIJA

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 26, 2017
The police should also fish out his gang members within the police force because there's no way Evans will have gang members within the army and not have gang members within the police force because police are more corrupt than army

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by veekid(m): 7:56am On Jun 26, 2017
Awon wayre 100%

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by Flexherbal(m): 7:57am On Jun 26, 2017
Nigerian Police !

“But when she was unable to achieve her aim, she travelled to Imo state. Not long after, we got a message from the Imo state police command that they had been searching for Evans and asked us to transfer the case to them so they could continue from where we stopped. Since that time, we did not hear anything. We heard he was later released there.”

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by jeeqaa7(m): 7:57am On Jun 26, 2017
Breeze don blow
Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by TINALETC3(f): 7:57am On Jun 26, 2017
I demolish evry spirit of Evans in d lives of d mods dat kept pushing Evans matter to fp

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by bastien: 7:58am On Jun 26, 2017
Wait oh, imagine Buhari just come back from hospital/death, come give Evans presidential pardon grin grin grin

Make una think am o

2 Likes

Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by xanel: 7:58am On Jun 26, 2017
Police is ya friend
Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by exlinkleads(f): 7:58am On Jun 26, 2017
Womeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Na only una they catch criminals and na only una dey release criminals......we hail thee

Anyway, Fani-Kayode has tweeted that the voice message presidency claim is from Buhari is the scam of the century.

You can read that @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/06/president-buharis-voice-message-to.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by OMOTOWO(m): 7:58am On Jun 26, 2017
A
Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by prospero5(m): 7:58am On Jun 26, 2017
this Evan's case will either make me like or hate the NPF.

charge this guy to court if you have concluded investigations and stop giving our youths a 'billionaire criminal' impression, please.

2 Likes

Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by UnknownT: 7:58am On Jun 26, 2017
Why do the mods keep recycling news on front-page? This news made front-page before nah with a different headline(policeman saying Imo police command released him). I won't be surprised when someone else changes the headline and call on the mod and it will be featured on front-page again.

3 Likes

Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by Edopesin: 7:59am On Jun 26, 2017
Hypocrites On NL Be Critcizing The Woman

Say (Type) The Truith

2 Likes

Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by Abbeyme: 7:59am On Jun 26, 2017
8th Wonder
Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by Edopesin: 7:59am On Jun 26, 2017
Money Makes The World Go Round

2 Likes

Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by Evablizin(f): 7:59am On Jun 26, 2017
Kai poli woman,Evans is your brother in krime because alot of money is involved,in mama peace voice tina will you shut up!
Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by Camlot000007: 7:59am On Jun 26, 2017
If proper investigation is done self mayb Evans could be linked to that Manchester bomb blast...... Am my people weytin Evans no fit do again

3 Likes

Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by Agimor(m): 8:00am On Jun 26, 2017
With the way Evans is treading for about three weeks now it's crystal clear he has unseat Anini has the most dreaded criminal of all time.

2 Likes

Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by jhydebaba(m): 8:00am On Jun 26, 2017
We don read something like dis yesterday now.

No new Evans news again Una come dey refurblish odd news. Quantunu
Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by itiswellandwell: 8:00am On Jun 26, 2017
Hmmmmm. This has already made front page before.

Check my signature for your quality customised Atm card flash drive.
Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by JaneyBlingx(f): 8:00am On Jun 26, 2017
Evans this Evans that.. What sef mtcheewww.. There are more pressing issues bothering me like why this woman that fries akara in my junction broke my heart by not frying today.. Some people just don't know how important they are to someone's life

1 Like

Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by mekybabe1: 8:00am On Jun 26, 2017
This Evans matter ehen! They should kill him joor so that we can rest.

1 Like

Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by ednut1(m): 8:00am On Jun 26, 2017
yawns. i dey watch newspaper review on tv now. a newspaper headline read how i got my bullet wound during a robbery-evans. when evans said in his interview he got it from a drug deal gone wrong in SA. enuf of this fabricated evans BS. mtcheeew. una say 2006. but evans dey South Africa den. mtcheeeeew
Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by Benekruku(m): 8:01am On Jun 26, 2017
Normal!

Nigerian police at your service once the price is right an paid I due time

Sought your way out and fast with the Nigerian police before matters get blown-out and you will "ALWAYS" be above the law

Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by layuns(m): 8:01am On Jun 26, 2017
Huh
Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by mployer(m): 8:02am On Jun 26, 2017
Source?
Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 26, 2017
No carry this Evans story enter next month o

If not buhari will no return again

1 Like

Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by mohciz69(m): 8:02am On Jun 26, 2017
Z
Re: How A Policewoman Aided The Release Of Evans, Billionaire Kidnapper In 2006 by saintfizzo(m): 8:03am On Jun 26, 2017
Can we get over this guy already....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Benin City Was Not Attacked - Central Bank Of Nigeria / Lagos Court Acquits Olufumilayo Eriolowa Charged With Assault On Police / Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.