Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? (33051 Views)

Ibos Committed Pogrom And Genocide On Our Race, Niger Deltan Region / The Crocodile A Niger Delta Man Killed (Photo) / Please As A Niger Deltan I Support For The Seperation Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 7:33am On Jun 26, 2017
Good Day All!
Happy Sallah To My Muslim Friends!
-
If you go into the street of Nigeria and ask, who is a Niger Deltan?
95% of respondents will likely fail the question.
The Reason for this write up is that some Peoples ignorantly love to use the phrase "IGBOS and NIGER DELTANS".
Its wrong and an embarrasement to the intellectual mindset.
-
First, What is a Delta?
A Delta is a Land area where a River spread into diverse tributuaries before emptying into an Ocean or Sea.
-
Niger Delta is the delta of River Nigeria.
The USA has Mississippi Delta.
The China has Yangtze Delta.
The Egypt has Nile delta.
And so on.
-
In Nigeria, How Is A Niger Deltan identified, lets examine it in three ways and then solve the Igbos and Niger Delta Question.
-
1) Niger Delta as Oil Producing Areas?- If Niger Delta is classified by Oil Producing Areas, that mean Igbos, Yorubas, Ijaws, Urhobos etc are part of it.
- Yorubas produce Oil in Ondo state.
- Igbos have Oil producing areas in Ukwa areas of Abia, Egbema, Asa/Ndoki, Oguta, Ogbaru, Ndoni, Omuma, Etche etc.
-
So if it is classified by Oil producing areas, that means all ethnic groups in southern Nigeria are Niger Deltans.
-
2) Niger Deltans As South South States?- This is the classification many use to define Niger Deltan.
And they even Ignorantly think Igbos are not part of it.
I am an Asa lady from Oyigbo LGA In Rivers state.
I am proudly Igbo and Niger Deltan.
Also the Ndokis, Ndoni, Etches, Egbemas etc are also Oil producing areas in South South and they are part of the Igbo Nation.
Ikwerre, Ogba and Ekpeye may be a battleground of identity issue but they are of Igboid stock.
So you see if we use South South as classification of Niger deltan, IGBOS are part and parcel of it.
-
3) Niger Deltan By Virtue Of Geographical Location?
If we go by this classification, that means Edo and Cross River people are not Niger deltans, because there is no delta of the River Niger in their location.
If we go by this classification, that means IGBOS are fully part of the Niger Delta.
-
My Final submission is that trying to create Niger Delta without mentioning IGBOS is a big FRAUD.
There are Igbos in the term "NIGER DELTA".
Even the River Niger is a dermacation between two Igbo Cities Onitsha and Asaba.
-
The days of divide and conquer are fading away.
I am an Asa/Ndoki person.
Oyigbo is my LGA!
Rivers is my state.
IGBO is my ethnic nation.
And Yes I am a Niger Deltan just like my fellow Igbos like Etches, Ndonis, Egbemas, Ogbarus, Ogutas, etc.
Thank you all.

267 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Tolexander: 7:37am On Jun 26, 2017
Amarabae: Niger Delta is the delta of River Nigeria Niger.
The Egypt has Amazon Nile delta.
And so on.
Fixed!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 7:39am On Jun 26, 2017
Tolexander:
Fixed!
thanks. Amazon is brazil. Corrected

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by ScotsReferendum: 7:39am On Jun 26, 2017
Nigerians are talking about the Hausa language Buhari addressed them with while you are here trying to distract Nigerians this early morning with this topic

Were you paid to distract Nigerians from the real issue at hand

Buhari must explain to Nigerians when did Hausa language become our lingual franca

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 7:41am On Jun 26, 2017
ScotsReferendum:
Nigerians are talking about the Hausa language Buhari addressed them with while you are here trying to distract Nigerians this early morning with this topic

Were you paid to distract Nigerians from the real issue at hand

Buhari must explain to Nigerians when did Hausa language become our lingual franca
that is none of my business.

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by victorvezx(m): 7:45am On Jun 26, 2017
Tolexander:
Fixed!
95% of Nigerians have heard and know where Niger delta is. Whether igbos are there changes nothing. There are many tribes there too. It is very distinct from the south east. South south is Edo, Rivers state, Delta state, Akwa ibom state, Bayelsa state, and cross river state. The real Niger Delta is Delta state, Akwa ibom state, Rivers state and Bayelsa. Imo state, Ondo state and Abia state where only included in Niger delta by Obasanjo as oil producing states, they are not real Niger delta in the sense of it

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by CutieGuy(m): 7:46am On Jun 26, 2017
This land is not for sale beware of 419.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Tolexander: 7:50am On Jun 26, 2017
Amarabae:
thanks. Amazon is brazil. Corrected
Amazon does not really have a Delta, but estuary cos of the strong tidal energy of the atlantic waves.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 7:50am On Jun 26, 2017
victorvezx:

95% of Nigerians have heard and know where Niger delta is. Whether igbos are there changes nothing. There are many tribes there too. It is very distinct from the south east. South south is Edo, Rivers state, Delta state, Akwa ibom state, Bayelsa state, and cross river state. The real Niger Delta is Delta state, Akwa ibom state, Rivers state and Bayelsa. Imo state, Ondo state and Abia state where only included in Niger delta by Obasanjo as oil producing states, they are not real Niger delta in the sense of it
hahahaha. Its like this threat shocked you.
Go back and read the intellectual definition of Niger Delta.
Obasanjo ke, Obasanjo ni.

120 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 7:53am On Jun 26, 2017
How some people believe that Obasanjo can create a Niger deltan is shocking.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 7:56am On Jun 26, 2017
Dear Lalasticlala, this is front page worthy.

9 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 7:59am On Jun 26, 2017
Cc: Fratermathy, Efewestern, Omenkalives Sarrki Pazienza and others

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by eastsidechillz: 8:00am On Jun 26, 2017
The Huasas and Yoruba divide and rule Designed by the British intelligence is second to none.

They have SUCCESFULLY divided a region.

By Geographic definition of SS and SE

ONLY rivers, bayelsa, delta, are SS

CALABAR AND akwaibom are even more SE than the 5 Igbo states.

For too long they've succeeded.

Unless som1 says enough, this contraption will continue.

109 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 26, 2017
victorvezx:

Try to read up what she typed again

You are foaming in the mouth

86 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 8:02am On Jun 26, 2017
eastsidechillz:
The Huasas and Yoruba divide and rule is second to none.

They have SUCCESFULLY divided a region.

I will use the word, divide and rule was targeted at Igboland.
They want a Rivers Egbema to see himself/herself as different from an Imo Egbema.
I am happy that the divide and conquer is crashing day by day.

115 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by victorvezx(m): 8:03am On Jun 26, 2017
Amarabae:
How some people believe that Obasanjo can create a Niger deltan is shocking.
I did not say Obasanjo created Niger delta, he only added some states to it. Read this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger_Delta

7 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 8:04am On Jun 26, 2017
Kathmandu:
Try to read up what she typed again
don't mind him. He want to play the old tactics of divide and conquer.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 8:09am On Jun 26, 2017
victorvezx:

I did not say Obasanjo created Niger delta, he only added some states to it. Read this

TRASH!
You are talking about NIGER DELTA DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION!
We are not talking about the states in it but The ETHNIC GROUPS in it.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by victorvezx(m): 8:10am On Jun 26, 2017
Amarabae:
Good Day All!
Happy Sallah To My Muslim Friends!
-
If you go into the street of Nigeria and ask, who is a Niger Deltan?
95% of respondents will likely fail the question.
The Reason for this write up is that some Peoples ignorantly love to use the phrase "IGBOS and NIGER DELTANS".
Its wrong and an embarrasement to the intellectual mindset.
-
First, What is a Delta?
A Delta is a Land area where a River spread into diverse tributuaries before emptying into an Ocean or Sea.
-
Niger Delta is the delta of River Nigeria.
The Egypt has Nile delta.
And so on.
-
In Nigeria, How Is A Niger Deltan identified, lets examine it in three ways and then solve the Igbos and Niger Delta Question.
-
1) Niger Delta as Oil Producing Areas?- If Niger Delta is classified by Oil Producing Areas, that mean Igbos, Yorubas, Ijaws, Urhobos etc are part of it.
- Yorubas produce Oil in Ondo state.
- Igbos have Oil producing areas in Ukwa areas of Abia, Egbema, Asa/Ndoki, Oguta, Ogbaru, Ndoni, Omuma, Etche etc.
-
So if it is classified by Oil producing areas, that means all ethnic groups in southern Nigeria are Niger Deltans.
-
2) Niger Deltans As South South States?- This is the classification many use to define Niger Deltan.
And they even Ignorantly think Igbos are not part of it.
I am an Asa lady from Oyigbo LGA In Rivers state.
I am proudly Igbo and Niger Deltan.
Also the Ndokis, Ndoni, Etches, Egbemas etc are also Oil producing areas in South South and they are part of the Igbo Nation.
Ikwerre, Ogba and Ekpeye may be a battleground of identity issue but they are of Igboid stock.
So you see if we use South South as classification of Niger deltan, IGBOS are part and parcel of it.
-
3) Niger Deltan By Virtue Of Geographical Location?
If we go by this classification, that means Edo and Cross River people are not Niger deltans, because there is no delta of the River Niger in their location.
If we go by this classification, that means IGBOS are fully part of the Niger Delta.
-
My Final submission is that trying to create Niger Delta without mentioning IGBOS is a big FRAUD.
There are Igbos in the term "NIGER DELTA".
Even the River Niger is a dermacation between two Igbo Cities Onitsha and Asaba.
-
The days of divide and conquer are fading away.
I am an Asa/Ndoki person.
Oyigbo is my LGA!
Rivers is my state.
IGBO is my ethnic nation.
And Yes I am a Niger Deltan just like my fellow Igbos like Etches, Ndonis, Egbemas, Ogbarus, Ogutas, etc.
Thank you all.

Ur forgetting one thing, igbos are minorities in the Niger delta like the rest of the tribes there, so they don't own Niger delta. and all this tribes don't share the same ideology with the igbos, when they really gather together and become united in the in a course, the little Igbo sub groups there will do nothing. They will have no ally in the Niger delta, they will have to join the other tribes and fight for the same course, or move back to the south east and be with their brothers.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 26, 2017
Amarabae:
don't mind him. He want to play the old tactics of divide and conquer.
I love your analysis but be wary of those Ipob trash to come here and exhibit their stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by victorvezx(m): 8:14am On Jun 26, 2017
Amarabae:
TRASH!
You are talking about NIGER DELTA DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION!
We are not talking about the states in it but The ETHNIC GROUPS in it.
The real Niger delta is Bayelsa, rivers, and delta. Of course igbos are part of it, especially the ikwerre which regard itself as distinct from the igbos. The real igbos are a minority like the other ethnic group. As long as the ikwerre agrees with other tribe in the Niger delta, there is nothing real igbos will do

12 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by eastsidechillz: 8:14am On Jun 26, 2017
Amarabae:
I will use the word, divide and rule was targeted at Igboland.
They want a Rivers Egbema to see himself/herself as different from an Imo Egbema.
I am happy that the divide and conquer is crashing day by day.

Exactly
One tribe divided along state lines.

I must confess, they actually succeeded.

24 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 8:16am On Jun 26, 2017
victorvezx:

Ur forgetting one thing, igbos are minorities in the Niger delta like the rest of the tribes there, so they don't own Niger delta. and all this tribes don't share the same ideology with the igbos, when they really gather together and become united in the in a course, the little Igbo sub groups there will do nothing. They will have no ally in the Niger delta, they will have to join the other tribes and fight for the same course, or move back to the south east and be with their brothers.
stop sweating dear, Igbos in Niger Delta are MAJORITY, but Igbos in south south geopolitical zone like me may not be majority.
Know the difference between Niger Delta and South South.

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by CutieGuy(m): 8:18am On Jun 26, 2017
victorvezx:

And this has become ur new national anthem lately.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 8:18am On Jun 26, 2017
victorvezx:

The real Niger delta is Bayelsa, rivers, and delta. Of course igbos are part of it, especially the ikwerre which regard itself as distinct from the igbos. The real igbos are a minority like the other ethnic group. As long as the ikwerre agrees with other tribe in the Niger delta, there is nothing real igbos will do
hahaha. We are not talking about ikwerres here.
I am an Asa/Ndoki lady from Oyigbo Rivers state and yes I am IGBO and PROUD and also a NIGER DELTAN!
Just like the Etches, Ndonis, Egbemas etc.
Your divide and conquer game is Up.

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by eastsidechillz: 8:18am On Jun 26, 2017
victorvezx:

So you are saying there re fake IGBO and REAL IGBO.

IT'S this your definition that is the problem.

Everybody likes success. When the so called REAL IGBOS succeeds now.

All the Tribe that have IGBO link will like to identify themselves with the REAL,IGBO.

Believe me, if you can't stand with me in difficult time don't even bother coming around when I triumph above my oppressors.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 8:21am On Jun 26, 2017
eastsidechillz:

So you are saying there re fake IGBO and REAL IGBO.

IT'S this your definition that is the problem.

Everybody likes success. When the so called REAL IGBOS succeeds now.

All the Tribe that have IGBO link will like to identify themselves with the REAL,IGBO.

Believe me, if you can't stand with me in difficult time don't even bother coming around when I triumph above my oppressors.
Ignore the guy. He want to play the divide and conquer game.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by victorvezx(m): 8:21am On Jun 26, 2017
Amarabae:
stop sweating dear, Igbos in Niger Delta are MAJORITY, but Igbos in south south geopolitical zone like me [B]may[B/] not be majority.
Know the difference between Niger Delta and South South.
Nothing like "May", igbos in the south south are a minority, it's a confirmed fact. And why did u say igbos are a majority in the Niger delta? Historically Niger delta is only delta, rivers and Bayelsa, so how come igbos are majority? Are u adding the south east?

6 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by victorvezx(m): 8:25am On Jun 26, 2017
Amarabae:
Ignore the guy. He want to play the divide and conquer game.
Nothing like divide and rule here, u igbos are simply still dreaming of the old eastern region

8 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 8:26am On Jun 26, 2017
victorvezx:

Nothing like "May", igbos in the south south are a minority, it's a confirmed fact. And why did u say igbos are a majority in the Niger delta? Historically Niger delta is only delta, rivers and Bayelsa, so how come igbos are majority? Are u adding the south east?
excuse me, are you a graduate? Gosh.
Go and read the definition of who Niger deltans are.
In Delta, the Ukwuanis and Even the Oshimili(both in the Delta Igbo family) are the part of the Niger deltans there.
In Rivers, I have listed to you the Igbo subgroups there, which I am part of.
State is a Recent political creation, we are talking of ETHNIC GROUPS here.

76 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 8:27am On Jun 26, 2017
victorvezx:

Nothing like divide and rule here, u igbos are simply still dreaming of the old eastern region
No one is talking of old Eastern region here, don't change the topic.
Btw whats your ethnic group?

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 8:30am On Jun 26, 2017
Victorvezx, i am waiting. Whats ur ethnic group?

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Abdullahi Dikko Inde Is Dead / Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 / Edo Election: Youths Campaign For Obaseki In Benin Streets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.