Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,804 members, 7,806,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals (11052 Views)

FG To Privatise 6 Public Hospitals / Privatize Public Hospitals now; Medical Workers tells Presidency / 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by jumie(f): 12:29pm On Jan 27, 2010
I have always wondered to myself why it seems that many workers especially in the Nigerian public health sector seem to be extremely wicked, rude, uncouth, nasty and ultimately wicked!

Personally, I have seen where the nurses rain curses on the patients. This happens regularly in LUTH for example.

In another instance, I went to visit someone who just put to bed at Gbagada general hospital and saw how the women in labour were treated. Most of them are totally abandoned. I even heard the doctor saying (to a woman in labour, already on the delivery bed) to call him whenever she was ready, while leaving her alone in the labour room.

It is really pathetic. It seems to be that all these public health workers seem to be under some form of "evil influence"!

My friends mum died do to negligence on the part of the doctors and nurses in LUTH!

I will really like to hear your experiences if any on our Nigerian Public health services!
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by Godalone(m): 4:23pm On Jan 27, 2010
I went to Asokoro General Hospital Abuja to see a patient,i saw a young man like me looking very sad and i asked him what was the problem.He said he has been at that hospital since 9:00am on an emergency but no one attended to him.He had a dog bite and he needed anti-rabbies and anti-titanus he was still there till 4:00pm nobody listen to him.
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by BOMBBLAST: 4:29pm On Jan 27, 2010
I GUESS THAT THEY ARE UNDER EVIL INFLUENCE.

LIFE TO THEM IS NOTHING, THEY ARE SO WICKED AND MEAN, WITH SOME OF THE EXPERIENCES I'VE HAD WITH THEM, I CAN SH**T THEM.
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by Godalone(m): 4:42pm On Jan 27, 2010
BOMB BLAST:

I GUESS THAT THEY ARE UNDER EVIL INFLUENCE.

LIFE TO THEM IS NOTHING, THEY ARE SO WICKED AND MEAN, WITH SOME OF THE EXPERIENCES I'VE HAD WITH THEM, I CAN SH**T THEM.
You are right man.
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 27, 2010
Not only in hospitals. I think we just lack customer service relations especially in public arenas. You would find such attitude in Nepa or immigration offices, banks, etc. Even the security guard at the gates would talk to you anyhow.
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 27, 2010
stillwater:

Not only in hospitals. I think we just lack customer service relations especially in public arenas. You would find such attitude in Nepa or immigration offices, banks, etc. Even the security guard at the gates would talk to you anyhow.

True:::: customer service in Nigeria is very poor.

All they think is they are helping you not rendering services to you.

The system needs re-configuration.
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by Tsiya(m): 8:23pm On Jan 27, 2010
Not only are Doctors and Nurses mean, they are outrightly dangerous. They are always fuming with anger and considering themselves mini-gods that can condem people to death. You need to go to general hospitals down in the North and you will see the worst. To them somebody dieying is nothing. I lived near hospital before and had this habit of going round the wards on weekends to great them and take food to those patients that comes from villages and cannot even afford food let alone medical bill. I mean I feel sad and from then I do not pity any medical Doctor. If they will all be rounded up and killed I don't thing I will bother much. They are so used to killing people to the extend it doesn't bother them if a patient dies or live. They are not properly regulated to the extend that a Dictor can kill more than 100 patients within a spate of few years. People die on the surgery table and no one question them.

2 Likes

Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by Pampers: 11:38pm On Jan 27, 2010
The situatn of the health sector in Nigeria is pathetic. Sometimes d doctors r not to be blamed. They r usualy overworkf esp in govt hosp.there is obviously manpower shortage. They are always overwhelmd witq too many patients. Always under pressure. Moreover they r not motivated. They r not even well paid. Nigeria invests only 5% of d country's income on health. Grossly inadequate. More advancd countries spend 30 to 40%. The Govt is to be blamed. They dnt use these facilities, so dy dnt care.they prefer to spend d bilions of naira dat belongs to milions of pple to send their relatives abroad 4 medicatn. Am not in suport of majority nurses attitude anyway. Seems dy r naturaly rude nd hostile.

1 Like

Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by mamagee3(f): 2:00am On Jan 28, 2010
Nurses in Nigeria are so rude and wicked, I wouldn't be surprised if they are evil as well.
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by SALady(f): 7:44am On Jan 28, 2010
Not only in Nigeria, you should come here in SA and see what the elderly have to endure just to get a simple dosage for a chronic illness. Its pathetic. The government is not helping either as there's always shortage of the bare necessities e.g. sterilizers can you believe it. I gree with some of the posters civil servants just lack the understanding of what customer care is all about.

I also believe that in general as black people we just dont have respect for each other completely. I dont know why but one always sees themselves better than the other its a shame, especially if you put them in a position of authority. It doesnt matter how minute the authority, their head will just swell a million times.
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by Aniody: 10:44am On Jan 28, 2010
yea i agree with you guys, i had a terrible experince with my last baby, i was already on the bed with the baby's head coming, so i culdnt bear the pains cause i dnt scream during labour i only shed tears, the nurse just left me because i started singing and asking God to see me through, i was lying there so helpless with the baby's head in between my legs, God just sent another nurse who was already through with her shift, she came back i helped me, so after some minutes i saw the nurse that left me, i gave her a very hot slap. they are terribly wicked.

1 Like

Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by SoJaded: 10:56am On Jan 28, 2010
jumie:

I have always wondered to myself why it seems that many workers especially in the Nigerian public health sector seem to be extremely wicked, rude, uncouth, nasty and ultimately wicked!

Personally, I have seen where the nurses rain curses on the patients. This happens regularly in LUTH for example.

In another instance, I went to visit someone who just put to bed at Gbagada general hospital and saw how the women in labour were treated. Most of them are totally abandoned. I even heard the doctor saying (to a woman in labour, already on the delivery bed) to call him whenever she was ready, while leaving her alone in the labour room.

It is really pathetic. It seems to be that all these public health workers seem to be under some form of "evil influence"!

My friends mum died do to negligence on the part of the doctors and nurses in LUTH!

I will really like to hear your experiences if any on our Nigerian Public health services!
my dear i think u're talking abt the female of the species because at the risk of generalising you just described the typical woman.she's lousy, rude and wicked.
and if you have a problem with doctors or nurses pls next time you're ill feel free to go to a chemist or herbalist it really is not a crime
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by face969: 12:24pm On Jan 28, 2010
This sort of thing never happens in the US where docs are renumerated and appreciated generously. Still its pathetic !
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by neonet(m): 12:44pm On Jan 28, 2010
A 14yr old boy was shot by a stray bullet when some armed robbers came to rob in our area years back. he was rushed to the hospital, guess what the doctors and nurses said; that he should go and get a police report before they will attend to him.The young lad was bleeding profusely and nobody(Nurses/Doctors) seems to care. he later died before the parents went to get the police report .Heartless Doctors and nurses!!!!!!
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 28, 2010
face969:

This sort of thing never happens in the US where docs are renumerated and appreciated generously. Still its pathetic !

ahem! did i just read you say "never in the US"? The woman in this video died in the waiting room of the Kings County Hospital AMAZINGLY in the US (not the acronym of Soviet Union spelt backwards) and 45 minutes later, her corpse was still there. . . unattended to! So quit making it look like the healthcare system in Nigeria is Hell's Kitchen

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKAznI478u8[/flash]
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by Afojay4: 12:48pm On Jan 28, 2010
There is a problem with public Relations in the public sector generally.
I give kudos to the set of people working in the health sector in this country with the level of workload, welfare and facilities in the sector.
are u aware that some federal hospitals still use lanterns on the wards at night.
It is a very poor state.
have u wondered why doctors are travelling out of the country everyday even to other african countries.
The truth is, we dont value lives in this country.
Till date, health workers yet to collect new salary package.
Solution, State of emergency in the health sector
Afo
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by face969: 12:56pm On Jan 28, 2010
My guy dats a very sad story. But im sure those involved were thouroughly investigated and punished. I had many opportunities while workin in 9ja govt hospitals where i cld have 'wacked' a patient if i wanted to. I know i would get away with it , easy.
The health sector esp d public health sector in 9ja IS HELLS KITCHEN believe me.
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by agitator: 1:08pm On Jan 28, 2010
Most nigerians don't work in jobs they have interest in or are interested in.  Jobs are taken on availability ( based on connection) basis.  So people who really have interest and would have been dedicated don't get the jobs.  Those who get these jobs on connection basis don't have any interest and dedication but are only after the salary they will receive at the end of the month and nothing bothers them
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by parislomo(f): 1:12pm On Jan 28, 2010
it's so bad even in home videos!!
They really could be heartless, for a job that is so sensitive!
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by r231(m): 1:13pm On Jan 28, 2010
stillwater:

you are correct,,,,,,,,,,customer service in 9ja is something else

if you are not wearing AGBADA with 3-4 pple saying yes sir yes sir to you,,,,,,,,nooooo you won't get beta service nowhere expecially at banks
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by Zimex: 1:36pm On Jan 28, 2010
stillwater:

Totally agree.
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by beknown(m): 1:43pm On Jan 28, 2010
@Poster,

I fully agree with your findings. I have similar experience of hospitals in Benin city. The situation is nationwide.

It is unfortunate that some Nigerians do not want to agree with these failures among our Doctors and other health care professionals.

arkinses:

ahem! did i just read you say "never in the US"? The woman in this video died in the waiting room of the Kings County Hospital AMAZINGLY in the US (not the acronym of Soviet Union spelt backwards) and 45 minutes later, her corpse was still there. . . unattended to! So quit making it look like the healthcare system in Nigeria is Hell's Kitchen

At least in the USA, failures are few and far between. The US patients have redress when these failures happen. The reverse is the case in Nigeria.

Doctors, Nurses and other medical professionals in Nigeria are not properly trained in ethical standards and professionalism. As a result, many of them fail woefully when they come to the USA and UK to find jobs. They spend many years writing medical exams in the UK and USA before they are allowed to practice. That is a shame.

Why are many of our Nigerian politicians and elites running to USA, UK, Saudi Arabia, etc for their medical treatment? Nigerian medical system has collapsed already.

Let us call the spade a spade and let us stop deceiving ourselves.
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by DisGuy: 1:45pm On Jan 28, 2010
the sad thing is they will attribute it to their stupid pay! even if you are being paid peanuts tehres a certain level of compassion and empathy you should have as a nurse/doctor but MOST of them in nigeria are EVIL they care more about the money

if you complain they tell you oh they are not being paid well, if you want to be paid well go do another job!!!
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by DisGuy: 1:51pm On Jan 28, 2010
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/keshinro-hafees/and-luth-simultaneously-murdered-3-babies.html

please pay attention when you go to hospital , don't leave your locved ones alone with hungry nurses whose only
expertise is giving you watery drips and chloroquine injections
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by Ikhilor(m): 2:10pm On Jan 28, 2010
This topic resonates personally with me.Once I took my father "of blessed memory" to the hospital "A federal  university teaching hospital at that"  to check on his aching tooth.I dropped him off to go buy something in town.On coming back there were tales of some uncouth graduating medics pinning him down and forcing the tooth out, even when he was shouting.I was so furious,but even then, all of them have dispersed.I felt guilty for leaving him alone,but I never expected such a situation whereby a patient is forced and manhandled just because of treatment. I think Nigerians must start to take some of these irresponsible medical  practitioners to court to serve as deterrent angry
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by Jnne(f): 2:15pm On Jan 28, 2010
I had themsame experience in one hospital at Okota - Lagos, were i had my first baby. After being in labour for 17hours and with so much pain that i have already started thinking of running out of the hospital and fall under a moving vehicle. I was taken to a labour room. the doctor asked me to push for about 3 to 4times, which i did, but my baby was not coming. The doctor started quarreling me that he will be leaving and that when am ready; my mother can call him or i will be operated. But to God be the glory that i later had my baby normally. I had my second and third child in Germany and i am very much satisfied with the way i was treated by the nurses and doctors. They will always pet somebody that is in pain. In fact, they will pet a pregnant woman and make u feel to be putting to bed every year. I just hope that our Nigeria Doctors and Nurses will read all this that we are saying about them in Nairaland and change for a better NIGERIA.
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by Zimex: 2:22pm On Jan 28, 2010
Dis Guy:

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/keshinro-hafees/and-luth-simultaneously-murdered-3-babies.html

please pay attention when you go to hospital , don't leave your locved ones alone with hungry nurses whose only
expertise is giving you watery drips and chloroquine injections

This is really sad. This issue has been on for a very long time.

My mother delivered my sister in 1977 and had to go through CS. My father was asked to go home for the night, he refused and stayed at the corridor. My mum started reacting to the blood she was being given, kicking her legs e.t.c. my father went to wake the nurses who were fast asleep, only for them to tell him to go that there was nothing wrong with her. Not until he gave one of them a very hot slap (after coming back twice to wake them up) did they attend to my mum.  Sometimes, i just imagine what could have happened if he went home to sleep that night.

1 Like

Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by biggaboy: 2:54pm On Jan 28, 2010
The situation in nigeria is quiet pathetic, last year Nov. i lost my new baby due to negligency of the nurses. my wife gave birth to a baby boy 4 min to health centre in ajah ( hospital). instead of the nurses to give my wife and baby the support required , they referered us to akodo/epe general hospital. before we even move an inch the baby has gone , it now remain how to rescue my wife , it was a sad experience, i pray noone experience it again,

to nigerian docs: we need to change the way we do things .if not our family too will invovle one day.
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by himor: 3:15pm On Jan 28, 2010
i fully agree with your findings. I have similar experience of at general hospital in kubuwa abuja when my sister was dying the sent for the doctor he did turn up in time an my sister just gave up even they ladies in the lab are the worst when i went there to collect the result of the blood test their behavior is nothing to write home about the authority should do something about this cry

himor
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by Wrex(m): 3:20pm On Jan 28, 2010
Nigerian doctors and nurses are just evil and wicked.They have no human feeling at all.I think they need some training in customer service
Re: Evil Nurses & Doctors In Nigerian Public Hospitals by calabaman(m): 3:23pm On Jan 28, 2010
No service dat comes cheap in this country is usually any good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1,086 Young Nigerians Confirmed HIV Positive In Nasarawa / Advise needed - D&C / COVID-19 Update For November 2 2020 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.