Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent (4447 Views)

"Beat Classic Store": Man Jailed Over Fraudulent Instagram Business Page / Girl Who Left Ghana For Nigeria Is Missing (Photo) / 'One Nigeria Is A Lie'- Husband Of Igbo Trader Killed In Kano Over Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by WhiteNiccur(m): 1:19pm On Jun 26, 2017
I paid N80,932.73 online for a 6 by 6 10inches vitafoam Firm mattress (for persons over 65kg) on the 2nd, June via bank transfer but vitafoam Flex mattress (for persons less than 65kg) worth N53,917 was delivered to me on the 3rd of June and I noticed this on the 6th of June (while the bedroom was being cleaned) because the delivery guys dropped the mattress with the label facing the floor when they delivered. Which I suspect was intentional because the “flex” labeled on the mattress looked like someone tried to wipe it off as you would see from the photo I uploaded. I called vitafoam (08129982143) and they apologized and asked me to send a mail to response.centre@vitafoam.com.ng and I got this response few hours later…

"Good day Prince,

Mail acknowledged. Our sincere apologies for this mix up. Kindly allow us look into and revert as soon as possible. Please bear with us.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Kind regards,
Funmi"

... It has been 2 weeks and 6 days since I complained yet nothing has been done in this regards. They asked me to take the mattress out of my bed frame. Whenever I call, the customer rep keeps telling me they are working on it or she would say it would come within the week.
I strongly suspect they are hoping the mattress gets damaged in my custody so they can refuse taking it back. The mattress they delivered sinks in whenever I sit or lay on it which isn’t the case with the other 2 spring mattresses of the same kind purchased from vitafoam, coupled with the back pain I experience anyone can tell that a defective mattress was delivered to me.

1 Like

Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by Nutase: 1:24pm On Jun 26, 2017
One of the demerits of buying things on line.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 26, 2017
My sister must see this. She has been insisting that i buy her a vitafoam or forget it, as if her boyfriend is the owner of that company.

1 Like

Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by LugarT: 6:38pm On Jun 26, 2017
Hello sir,

Apologies about this situation please. This was brought to my notice and I felt that I could address this quite easily. There is no excuse whatsoever for what you are currently experiencing and so I say sorry and not necessarily on behalf of Vitafoam for this. But hold on brother, let us check this:
1) If an error of supply was made by an organization that has done business in Nigeria for about 55 years, I think it is wrong to put it out that they are fraudulent. You might need to check the dictionary definition of "fraudulent" before alluding that that is your experience. For the company to have admitted error, and offered apologies, it normally removes the tag of "fraudulent" since that case is yet to be established.
2) You have done 2 businesses with Vitafoam in the past as you stated in your post and suggest that you were satisfied on the 2 occasions. The reason why you went back a third time was probably because of the good experience that you had with the first 2. Or am I wrong?
3) The challenge is a "logistics" one - storage, handling, transportation and delivery. If another customer asked for a similar product and thus got wrongly supplied to you, it is a case of bad or errant logistics as opposed to fraud.
4) The "Flex" that you have there and in the form that you see it is standard because it comes from a stamp. The Spring brand comes in two variants (Flex and Firm) and these imported labels do not come pre-printed with the variant so the type is stamped. The angle of stamping of the product on a high pedestal would differ from when it is low - that is what you have there. No one tried to clean or wipe anything off. Kindly refer to the other 2 Spring mattresses that you have and possibly check to see if indeed there are significant differences.
5) The return logistics challenge could be why the company hasn't come to you. If you live far off, sometimes it comes at a high expense to leave the factory to far distances to pick a Mattress, return to factory and then return to you. I am certain that once an order is in your area, the costs of service recovery drops. The economy is not smiling on manufacturing companies today I can say with some measure of confidence.

If you will send me your number. We could get this resolved within 7 days I believe.

Sorry about the inconveniences please but Vitafoam is far from fraudulent and is a recipient of multiple awards in the industry. It is a company of repute that has weathered the storms of working in Nigeria and remains the No.1 foam manufacturer in Nigeria, employing Nigerians in their thousands and with 5 operational locations spread across the geopolitical political zones of the country. Your one mattress will not degrade that integrity. They will rather run at a loss than engage in fraud of any kind.

Thank you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by WhiteNiccur(m): 12:18am On Jun 27, 2017
Screenshot of proof of transfer and mail exchange between I and Vitafoam.

Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by WhiteNiccur(m): 12:39am On Jun 27, 2017
Listen to me, I would start by saying your customer service is very vey BAD, the Lady that answers the phone is always rude, you guys never call me or give me any feedback, I have been calling you guys almost everyday for about 3 weeks now and I think because you guys already know my number you don't pick up my call.
You claim logistics is the problem, when I ordered the mattress it was delivered the next day, It has been 3 weeks now and I haven't received a single call from you guys to give any feedback. Just 2 days after I noticed the "flex" mattress We still ordered for 4 memory pillows from you guys which you guys delivered in just a few days. Why wasn't my mattress replaced the day they came to deliver the pillows?
Your delivery guy only came to my place empty handed 2 weeks after I complained saying he came to take a look (same guy that delivered the mattress). You guys don't respond to my mails or calls anymore, the other time the lady said I should make sure the mattress is kept in good condition, make sure it doesn't stain and that I shouldn't use it. How am I supposed to guarantee that all that does not happen if you leave the mattress in my house for 3 weeks, you guys are not even considering where I should be sleeping if I am not allowed to use the bed.

The next thing I would hear from you guys is that you cannot accept the mattress again as it is not in the same condition in which it came, y'all are jokers!
By Wednesday you would see this same article on more blogs, Linda ikieji and Bella naija included because I cannot wait for 7 more days, I am not going to post my number here. They have my number you can get it from them else all of what you just typed here would not be enough to save whatever reputation you guys think you have online.

I am also sending this to all of you board of Directors: Makanjuola, Bamidele Osuolale

Adeniyi, Taiwo 

Ajiga, Joel Olatoye

Ogun, Brabindoh Oruware

Mr Sam N Okagbue

Florence seriki

Hassan Usman

Next time you guys would understand how Important it is to be nice to your customers especially the ones that have been patronizing you.

LugarT:
Hello sir,

Apologies about this situation please. This was brought to my notice and I felt that I could address this quite easily. There is no excuse whatsoever for what you are currently experiencing and so I say sorry and not necessarily on behalf of Vitafoam for this. But hold on brother, let us check this:
1) If an error of supply was made by an organization that has done business in Nigeria for about 55 years, I think it is wrong to put it out that they are fraudulent. You might need to check the dictionary definition of "fraudulent" before alluding that that is your experience. For the company to have admitted error, and offered apologies, it normally removes the tag of "fraudulent" since that case is yet to be established.
2) You have done 2 businesses with Vitafoam in the past as you stated in your post and suggest that you were satisfied on the 2 occasions. The reason why you went back a third time was probably because of the good experience that you had with the first 2. Or am I wrong?
3) The challenge is a "logistics" one - storage, handling, transportation and delivery. If another customer asked for a similar product and thus got wrongly supplied to you, it is a case of bad or errant logistics as opposed to fraud.
4) The "Flex" that you have there and in the form that you see it is standard because it comes from a stamp. The Spring brand comes in two variants (Flex and Firm) and these imported labels do not come pre-printed with the variant so the type is stamped. The angle of stamping of the product on a high pedestal would differ from when it is low - that is what you have there. No one tried to clean or wipe anything off. Kindly refer to the other 2 Spring mattresses that you have and possibly check to see if indeed there are significant differences.
5) The return logistics challenge could be why the company hasn't come to you. If you live far off, sometimes it comes at a high expense to leave the factory to far distances to pick a Mattress, return to factory and then return to you. I am certain that once an order is in your area, the costs of service recovery drops. The economy is not smiling on manufacturing companies today I can say with some measure of confidence.

If you will send me your number. We could get this resolved within 7 days I believe.

Sorry about the inconveniences please but Vitafoam is far from fraudulent and is a recipient of multiple awards in the industry. It is a company of repute that has weathered the storms of working in Nigeria and remains the No.1 foam manufacturer in Nigeria, employing Nigerians in their thousands and with 5 operational locations spread across the geopolitical political zones of the country. Your one mattress will not degrade that integrity. They will rather run at a loss than engage in fraud of any kind.

Thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by LugarT: 5:52am On Jun 28, 2017
Any updates?
Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by Funlordmaniac(m): 7:29am On Jun 28, 2017
Op Get a lawyer and sue their asses for breach of contract!
Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by LugarT: 8:45am On Jun 28, 2017
OP, Any updates?
Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by LugarT: 8:17am On Jul 04, 2017
This is typical. An OP comes to rant on Nairaland. We ask for updates, but he fails to provide same after about a week. I can tell that this matter was resolved within a day or so of this complaint. If the OP will be aggrieved on the subject why is he dead cold on the solutions that he got?

Has this matter been resolved or not sir and how was it?
Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by LugarT: 8:17am On Jul 04, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Op Get a lawyer and sue their asses for breach of contract!

We have asked for updates but the OP has not provided any.
Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by LugarT: 10:12am On Jul 18, 2017
Can a Mod pull down this thread please?
Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by debetmx(m): 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
LugarT:

Puller.

2 Likes

Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by wealthywiseman: 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2017
LugarT:

What a clear case of poor customer service from a "supposedly" reputable company.

This is how some Nigerian companies destroy their brand with poor response to customer complaints.

It had to take you guys close to a month to address and finally resolve a customer's complaint, when its very obvious your company was at fault.

Had he not escalate the case via the social media, you guys would have still be playing hide and seek with the OP.

You are now here asking for updates when you know OP is already pissed with your company.

You guys are lucky that OP didn't sue for breach of contract.

Mode, leave this thread for others to note.

3 Likes

Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by LugarT: 5:09am On Jul 19, 2017
wealthywiseman:

What a clear case of poor customer service from a "supposedly" reputable company.

This is how some Nigerian companies destroy their brand with poor response to customer complaints.

It had to take you guys close to a month to address and finally resolve a customer's complaint, when its very obvious your company was at fault.

Had he not escalate the case via the social media, you guys would have still be playing hide and seek with the OP.

You are now here asking for updates when you know OP is already pissed with your company.

You guys are lucky that OP didn't sue for breach of contract.

Mode, leave this thread for others to note.

I am not a staff of the company and it is really a big shame how supposedly educated folks come online, expound unfortunate knowledge and talk down with very little election of common sense on their heads. I connected the complainant with a solution and rather than acknowledge the work done, you come here with impish ignorance ranting and totally displaying the crass lack of character that many with data on their phones are known for. I hope that the thread now stays so that your folly can be seen by more folks.
Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by wealthywiseman: 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2017
LugarT:

I am not a staff of the company and it is really a big shame how supposedly educated folks come online, expound unfortunate knowledge and talk down with very little election of common sense on their heads. I connected the complainant with a solution and rather than acknowledge the work done, you come here with impish ignorance ranting and totally displaying the crass lack of character that many with data on their phones are known for. I hope that the thread now stays so that your folly can be seen by more folks.

Son, I can see that my post really hurt you.
my bad wink wink
You are obviously a novice in the art of public relations.
You've actually done a very shitty job.
Pray it doesn't get to FP or your ass is fried.

Run along now son. You have a lot to learn.

3 Likes

Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by Greenbullet(m): 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2017
I pity vitafoam , cause am about to share this thread , una business go just spoil.
Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by LugarT: 4:58pm On Jul 19, 2017
wealthywiseman:

Son, I can see that my post really hurt you.
my bad wink wink
You are obviously a novice in the art of public relations.
You've actually done a very shitty job.
Pray it doesn't get to FP or your ass is fried.

Run along now son. You have a lot to learn.

Naa... Not at all boy I just was dazed at the porous outpouring of nonsense from you. I mean you have to pity folks without capacity to assess provided information. I mean it's just a sad case of of a doofus forming Voltron on an empty stomach. That's all boy.
Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by wealthywiseman: 9:20am On Jul 20, 2017
LugarT:

Naa... Not at all boy I just was dazed at the porous outpouring of nonsense from you. I mean you have to pity folks without capacity to assess provided information. I mean it's just a sad case of of a doofus forming Voltron on an empty stomach. That's all boy.

Its obvious you are still pained. I understand how you feel.
But the fact remains that you lack professional communication skills to enable you carry out your responsibility effectively.
Reputation management is a delicate art requiring an experienced manager to handle, certainly not a tenderfoot like you.
You truly tarnished Vitafoam's hard earned image with your very insensitive and amateurish responses, I must say again.
Truth be told son, you bungled a simple job.
Anyways, I do hope you learn from this episode.

There are Communications refresher courses provided by public relations firms for skill acquisition. It will do you a lot of good if you can attend one.
Cheers
Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by LexngtonSteele: 2:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
LugarT:
Hello sir,

Thank you.

This is nice and proactive. Try to resolve the issue ASAP.

Thumbs up, I appreciate such customer handling. Kudos.

PS - I just read your exchange of words on subsequent posts. That was very unprofessional of you. There are better ways of handling an abusive and angry customer.

1 Like

Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by LugarT: 9:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

This is nice and proactive. Try to resolve the issue ASAP.

Thumbs up, I appreciate such customer handling. Kudos.

PS - I just read your exchange of words on subsequent posts. That was very unprofessional of you. There are better ways of handling an abusive and angry customer.

Thank you. Please note I am not a staff of Vitafoam. I just helped the situation because I know people there and their operations.
Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by Becoted001(m): 11:27pm On Jul 22, 2017
I no like vitafoam for anything, it be like say recession don enter thier foams
Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by Fourwinds: 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2017
LugarT:

hmmmmmmm ....Vitafoam una don dey fvck up like politicians ba....be ready to fvck down soon....
Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by golddeejay(m): 9:16am On Jul 28, 2021
Three years later, I am here researching with mattress to order. The internet never forgets.

1 Like

Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by Cokahot: 2:05pm On Jul 28, 2021
I do t buy shit online esp for naija. Highest I can do is pef of 20k . If I wan buy anything,I drive to the retailer shop and get my product. Simple.
Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by mainkendo: 4:38pm On May 01, 2022
That is spring firm. I sell vita foam. There is both spring firm and flex
Re: Vitafoam Nigeria Is Fraudulent by VictorUSA(m): 4:48pm On May 01, 2022
Lies from the pit of hell.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Caught Stealing Laptop Other Item Almost Stripped Naked In Enugu(photos) / How A Native Doctor Killed A Pastor Who Came For Occult Power To Grow His Church / Guess The Last Meal Request Of A Condemn Criminal? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.