Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often (11294 Views)

Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) / Men Pushing Train On Ibadan Railway (Photos) / Train And Trailer Collide In Aba (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by autojosh: 1:47pm On Jun 26, 2017
Railway or train accidents in Nigeria are close to zero ,let’s just say most people get lucky all the time .We have seen and heard of cases where people did not get lucky.

What are we doing wrong ?.Let us find out

1.Hanging On Trains
Most Nigerians like anything free ,I see a lot of people hanging on trains . There are so many sometimes , you would think they are more than the people in the train.

This is not safe,your life is worth more than the 300 Naira you are trying to save .

If you don’t have money,ask !,even if you get embarrased you would still get help.

Your life is important !.

2.Selling On Railway Lines
My mum told me of a story that happened years ago at Tejuosho ,how a woman couldn’t pack her goods on time before getting torn into pieces.

I know you are trying to make your daily bread,but who would you feed with the bread if you are no more.

Stay Safe !.

3.Walking Too Close To The Railway
When a train is passing by, stay as far away as possible .

The train is wider than the tracks , you could get hooked up and dragged along .

You could get hit by debris as the train passes by,this could lead to serious injuries or even death.

Remember Goliath ?

4.Waiting On The Railway Line
You shouldn’t stand on the railway line for any reason .

You can easily get carried away and forget where you are standing .

Did I hear you say “the horn is loud enough” ?,Are you fast enough ?.

Thats if you even hear it ,the human mind can easily shut out our other senses when one is focused ,for example ,pressing your phone and smiling sheepishly at Nkechi’s profile picture.

5.Driving Over In A Traffic Jam
This is a very very dangerous thing some drivers do during a traffic jam.I noticed this especially at Jibowu.

Always leave enough space and make sure your front is clear enough before you proceed.

You could get stuck and it might be too late .Never stay on the tracks !.

Enjoyed this ?

Which of these are you guilty of ?

Let’s hear from you

Kindly share and comment

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/5-train-railway-safety-mistakes-nigerians-make-often/

11 Likes

Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by jerryunit48: 6:43pm On Jun 26, 2017
Ha ! A country where virtually nothing works and people are hungry What do you expect?

But you are right o

2 Likes

Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by adorablevic: 6:44pm On Jun 26, 2017
Nigerians always looking for free things everywhere, even at the expense of their lives
Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 26, 2017
We know all these things before na...

6 Likes

Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by moscobabs(m): 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2017
Op thank u for this but I think u still need to blame government...

Last 2 hours I drove on railway line ati ijoko sango otta I think 10mins before a train starts horn from the terminal but as fast as I could my car could not climb the railways because the road is not smooth and bad .when i heard the horn of the train i nearly fainted bfer some good samarithians help to push the car while i drive on the rail.

Secondly i think the NRC should be checking the 1st to 3rd coach/container of the train .there are some special group of people in those containers that wont allow u to enter any of those containers even if u get there 3am they must have occupied all space for their members .they do party and any other ceremonies in those containers infact they do sex everyday inside them.

If u live in ijoko axis and use to follow train u will bear me witness.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by tundeaje35(m): 6:46pm On Jun 26, 2017
am I the only one who's never been to a railway station

1 Like

Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by twilliamx(m): 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2017
O
Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by bsideboii(m): 6:48pm On Jun 26, 2017
When poverty is eradicated ,people will start being safety conscious.For now its pure suicide.
Same reason I don't understand why people take "night bus"
Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by martyns303(m): 6:48pm On Jun 26, 2017
Not as bad as the issue below

8 Likes

Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by phaphyz05(m): 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2017
Not guilty of any

1 Like

Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by Mayorsholly(m): 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2017
is that all.., issokay
Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by crazyABO(m): 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2017
No b for here Naija if dem never sit untop train dem never enter train undecided
Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by KingRabota: 6:53pm On Jun 26, 2017
The only thing that works in Nigeria is the Music Industry

1 Like

Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by TechPanda(m): 7:08pm On Jun 26, 2017
Mayorsholly:
is that all..,
issokay

You Mean grin

Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by larmu(m): 7:25pm On Jun 26, 2017
Whatever you do,never snap the excess people on top of the train,they will just come down and slap u...i witnessed this at ikeja along...it was very funny though

3 Likes

Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by mekstaniac(m): 7:56pm On Jun 26, 2017
Guilty of all 5

In fact, I love having sex on the rail tracks ;Dck grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by newyorks(m): 8:35pm On Jun 26, 2017
nice. enugu tunnel ontop of it lies railway if u pass there bro u wont no where to step ur foot. feaces everywhere.
Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 26, 2017
martyns303:
Not as bad as the issue below

Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by viki84(m): 9:17pm On Jun 26, 2017
Only In Nigeria you'll wear headphones and be walking on rail tracks. just come to umuahia and see for yourself
Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by LoveJesus87(m): 9:29pm On Jun 26, 2017
N
Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by SUMCIOUZ(m): 9:56pm On Jun 26, 2017
moscobabs:
Op thank u for this but I think u still need to blame government...

Last 2 hours I drove on railway line ati ijoko sango otta I think 10mins before a train starts horn from the terminal but as fast as I could my car could not climb the railways because the road is not smooth and bad .when i heard the horn of the train i nearly fainted bfer some good samarithians help to push the car while i drive on the rail.

Secondly i think the NRC should be checking the 1st to 3rd coach/container of the train .there are some special group of people in those containers that wont allow u to enter any of those containers even if u get there 3am they must have occupied all space for their members .they do party and any other ceremonies in those containers infact they do sex everyday inside them.

If u live in ijoko axis and use to follow train u will bear me witness.
i live at Abule lemode. When the train gets to ITOKI OMO AJE train station the sits are filled up. Some will keep sits for people in Lagos state. ikeja or agege. Just imagine

1 Like

Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by oyetunder(m): 10:11pm On Jun 26, 2017
Yea...and running outdated trains on outdated rails.
Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by constance500: 1:18am On Jun 27, 2017
Meanwhile, in India..

2 Likes

Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by girlspet(m): 5:58am On Jun 27, 2017
good one there, life is precious.
Re: 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often by Mobsync(m): 1:02pm On Mar 09, 2018
6. Walking with headsets or earphones in the ear.

7. Not looking left and right before crossing a rail track.

Trains over here may be loud but they're usually quieter when traveling with lesser coaches and without coaches. They are also quieter when traveling at lower speeds.

8. Taking selfies in front of an incoming train.

This actually happened in India. The dude was even shooting a video with his selfie camera right in front of the train. He survived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vM59ULCiII

There is a rail track running behind the school I served during NYSC.

I love watching the train and will stand by the side of the track [a good distance away] while watching the train pass.

Even though I'm faraway from the track, the drivers keep sounding their horns and even applying their brakes the moment they see me.

One even hit the brakes so hard that the train was seriously slowing down. He was taking precautions in case I was trying to commit suicide.

Besides, the drivers cannot tell whether I have an earphone in my ear or not, even though I was looking at them.

And regarding those guys hanging on trains, the irony is that they always have money on them. They're only trying to game the system.

(1) (Reply)

Ibile Foundation Lagos Unveils The Changing Face Of Lagos / Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? / Which African Passport Is Best To Travel Out From Thailand?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.