Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,610 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 (20841 Views)

Suggestions For Off-road Suvs / This 1,341-HP Electric On/Off-Road Miss R Supercar Is Quicker Than Tesla Roaster / Range Rover Sports Off Road Competition On Democracy Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by bayusman: 8:55am On Jun 27, 2017
The irony of the matter is you don't get to see many of this sophisticated benz on Germans Road
Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by chiefbuchiV12(m): 8:57am On Jun 27, 2017
Alitair:

Jesu! Did u just compare an opel omega to avalon ship. Its just nt right.
The opel omega 500 is more of a NASCAR stuff, avalon ship is an all time luxury ride. And i dint hear anytin abt the spyda.
Meanyl i thought you were talking benz
I said Benz or any german, besides which one be. Toyota spyda again.
And the Omega 500 is a road going performance car
Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 27, 2017
chiefbuchiV12:
I'd never buy a car if it's not a Benz or made in Germany
what about Volkswagen,is made in Germany too

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by Brunosamel(m): 9:16am On Jun 27, 2017
if I have this beast, I will use to to rob banks in Nigeria. I will be unstoppable.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by chiefbuchiV12(m): 9:20am On Jun 27, 2017
kolaaderin:

Opel is no German , it is as British as the queen. It's new generation is Vauxhall.
Opel is not german?...... Bros check abeg talk something else
Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by chiefbuchiV12(m): 9:21am On Jun 27, 2017
kolaaderin:

Opel is no German , it is as British as the queen. It's new generation is Vauxhall.
Opel is not german?...... Bros check abeg talk something else, Vauxhall's are rebadged Opel's
Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by Alitair(m): 9:21am On Jun 27, 2017
chiefbuchiV12:

I said Benz or any german, besides which one be. Toyota spyda again.
And the Omega 500 is a road going performance car

I gave just two cars from one manufacturer and u can barely make a stand against one of the cars. Toyota spyda is toyota camry xle. Omega 500 is a good car if u are considering contesting in the sagamu rally and in which case i wish u best of luck
Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by chiefbuchiV12(m): 9:27am On Jun 27, 2017
Alitair:

I gave just two cars from one manufacturer and u can barely make a stand against one of the cars. Toyota spyda is toyota camry xle. Omega 500 is a good car if u are considering contesting in the sagamu rally and in which case i wish u best of luck
The Sagamu rally tracks are expressways compared to ikorodu-sagamu road, bring your camry or avalon and I'll turn up with my omega let's see who would make it from point A-B faster and in a better condition

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by kingfhaddo(m): 9:33am On Jun 27, 2017
I pray God make me the kind of person i want.it's benz or nothing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by Alitair(m): 9:37am On Jun 27, 2017
chiefbuchiV12:

The Sagamu rally tracks are expressways compared to ikorodu-sagamu road, bring your camry or avalon and I'll turn up with my omega let's see who would make it from point A-B faster and in a better condition

Still goes a long to support what i said abt both cars.
OPEL OMEGA is a stuff for NASCAR and rally!
The toyota cars are luxury and dnt forget the spyda is a muscle ride. Enough with this already. Its like pitting the peugeot* 504 against the ford mustang

*i dnt knw if i spelt it well.
Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by idu1(m): 9:44am On Jun 27, 2017
Alitair:

Pray make baba pick ur call so u will have @least 5mil for ur first ride. If nt, i see a big for ntin or a razor light cumin ur way.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by chiefbuchiV12(m): 9:49am On Jun 27, 2017
Alitair:

The toyota cars are luxury and dnt forget the spyda is a muscle ride. Enough with this already. Its like pitting the peugeot* 504 against the ford mustang

I still disagree with you, the opel omega is not a NASCAR or Rally oriented car, neither is the Camry is a muscle car simply becos it has a muscular designs. I'd only agree that they're in different classes.
Abeg oga's Gazzuzz, Egunmogaji, Nurey, Ikenna, Autojosh please help us out here

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by Alitair(m): 9:54am On Jun 27, 2017
chiefbuchiV12:

I still disagree with you, the opel omega is not a NASCAR or Rally oriented car, neither is the Camry is a muscle car simply becos it has a muscular designs. I'd only agree that they're in different classes.
Abeg oga's Gazzuzz, Egunmogaji, Nurey, Ikenna, Autojosh please help us out here

Lol
Camry muscle dint get the name because of the looks bro.
Autojosh come o.
Chiefv12 there are reali cool benz rides within 5mil too and other manufacturers too. benz is cool but it aint always the best.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by modsRbastard: 10:06am On Jun 27, 2017
Alitair:

lol
ur moniker v12, amg that is v12 is almst 50mil and i would really like to see u dust me in ur benz of 5mil against a v8 toyota Spyda or avalon touring(ship).

Alitar

Benz is a super car in the middle class range. Well...this pic below is a 1996 SL500 V8 R129 Roadster, it will fück your whatever Japanese up.

Modified: just so you know... It was pushed to 260Km

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by Onedibe1: 10:12am On Jun 27, 2017
autojosh:
For the 13th time in succession readers of the German "Off Road" magazine have voted the Mercedes-Benz Unimog the best off-road vehicle of the year in the "special-purpose vehicles" category. The "Off-Road Vehicle of the Year" poll had a total of twelve categories. More than 20 000 votes were cast, with 135 vehicles in the running. The Unimog took first place in the special-purpose vehicles category with a phenomenal 31.4 percent of readers' votes.

Whether it's in the Sahara Desert, in the River Niger or o

n the Olumo Rock, there are few challenges that the Mercedes-Benz Unimog would not be capable of taking on.

The extreme off-road model series enjoys particular popularity worldwide as an expedition vehicle. Axle articulation of up to 30 degrees, portal axles with ground clearance of up to 460 mm and gradeability of 45 degrees are hallmarks of these Unimog models with the type designations U 4023 and U 5023. Further features include a maximum fording depth of 1.20 m and a lateral inclination angle of up to 38 degrees. Driving in extreme situations with the all-wheel drive system engaged is supported by the selectable differential locks and the tyre pressure control system.

The high-torque OM 934 LA Euro VI engine, a four-cylinder with 5.1 l displacement, 230 hp and 664 lb-ft of torque, ensures reliability on the move. Eight forward and six reverse gears are available, and as an option also an off-road gear group for off-road applications in the 2.5 - 35 km/h speed range.

Available alongside this extreme off-road Unimog is the U 216 to U 530 implement carrier model series frequently seen in municipal applications. It is also equipped with cutting-edge Euro VI engines with outputs of up to 220 kW (299 hp).

When it comes to maintenance, diagnostics or repair, the Unimog also has all bases covered. Expert authorised Unimog dealers look after the vehicle at more than 650 service outlets in over 130 countries.

https://autojosh.com/mercedes-benz-unimog-voted-best-off-road-vehicle-2017/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

I fit use am do personal car sha
Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by chiefbuchiV12(m): 10:13am On Jun 27, 2017
Alitair:

Lol
Camry muscle dint get the name because of the looks bro.
Autojosh come o.
Chiefv12 there are reali cool benz rides within 5mil too and other manufacturers too. benz is cool but it aint always the best.
So you think Toyota officially named the camry "muscle" ?
Oga I comot cap for you
Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by Alitair(m): 10:24am On Jun 27, 2017
chiefbuchiV12:

So you think Toyota officially named the camry "muscle" ?
Oga I comot cap for you

the same way it was unofficially named spida, same goes for evil spirit, babyboy etc. I stand to be correctd. But i dnt think the name came cos of the looks. Muscle i mean
Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by ChristineC: 11:02am On Jun 27, 2017
chiefbuchiV12:
I'd choose these old Germans over any Japanese car out there no matter how old they are its way better than the average japanese out there
how many Japanese cars have you used to reach this sordid conclusion?
Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by whizzyleejr(m): 11:03am On Jun 27, 2017
Confirm, see its body
Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 27, 2017
Alitair:

lol
ur moniker v12, amg that is v12 is almst 50mil and i would really like to see u dust me in ur benz of 5mil against a v8 toyota Spyda or avalon touring(ship).

Bro why u dey yearn jargons. I drive Japanese cars but that doesn't mean I don't cherish German cars. Abeg which one is Toyota spyda? First u said the spyda is Camry XLE, so pls can u tell us when Toyota fitted a v8 engine in a Camry? And if u mean the Toyota MR2 Spyder it was never fitted with a v6 not to talk of v8. And pls kindly tell us the Avalon model that has a v8 engine.
Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
YesNo:
Beautiful truck.

You just have to be GOOD to win this 13 times even with all the car production companies in the world.

thumbz up

The Unomog simply has no equal, none, in the world.

Go find a reasonable 911 and build your own Unomog grin

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by tonio2wo: 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2017
rummeh:

Benz or nothing

Volkswagen!
Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
chiefbuchiV12:

I neva posted I wanted to buy a V12 Amg for less than 5mil oga.........
Besides your avalon weighs 1,615–1,660 kg and has a rated output of 208bhp vs Omega Evolution 500 weighs 1,150 kg and has a rated output of 230bhp. Then do the maths cool
I neva posted I wanted to buy a V12 Amg for less than 5mil oga.........
Besides your avalon weighs 1,615–1,660 kg and has a rated output of 208bhp vs Omega Evolution 500 weighs 1,150 kg and has a rated output of 230bhp vs Omega Lotus that's weighs 1,663 kg and a rated output of 377bhp. Now do the maths
y re you even wasting your time arguing with that guy? a Cclass Benz w202 or 203 v6 of between 600k-1.5M will rubbish his Toyota V8 that I can bet you on. besides, considering all and sundry, the Benz is a better option anytime any day.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 27, 2017
INDUSTRIALFAN:
y re you even wasting your time arguing with that guy? a Cclass Benz w202 or 203 v6 of between 600k-1.5M will rubbish his Toyota V8 that I can bet you on. besides, considering all and sundry, the Benz is a better option anytime any day.

Why r u even taking someone who thinks Camry and Avalon have v8 trims seriously. Toyota have never fitted a v8 engine in any Camry or Avalon.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
Alitair:

O my God....... where do all these people spring from? How is Toyota spyda a Muscle Car? fvvvvck!!!! Oga.... gerarahia mhen..... spyda is called Toyota muscle cos of the physical look that makes it look muscular. other than that, it is just a normal sedan. Ford mustang, dodge challenger, dodge charger, Chevrolet camaro are examples of muscle cars not a Toyota spyda. get your facts right boss
Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
greenhulk:

Why r u even taking someone who thinks Camry and Avalon have v8 trims seriously. Toyota have never fitted a v8 engine in any Camry or Avalon.
Bros Na so we see am o... the highest I have see is V6. this one just weak me. I have seen V8 Camry's n Avalons but a look under the hood revealed they were just badged as such.
Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by chiefbuchiV12(m): 7:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
Case closed abi!??
Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by walemoney007(m): 7:52am On Jun 28, 2017
chiefbuchiV12:
Case closed abi!??
yea

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
Alitair:

lol

only Toyota corolla will give him a run for his money.
Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by lanren6969: 7:15am On Jul 21, 2021
Why is The Portal Axle Necessary For Off-road Vehicles?

The portal axle(https://href.li/?https://www.tre4x4.com/single/portal-axle.html
) is a component for off-road vehicles that allows greater ground clearance between the vehicle's landing gear and any obstacles that the vehicle must pass through.

Hold part or all of the weight
In many cases, the portal axle connects the two wheels together, and it is usually responsible for carrying part or all of the weight of the vehicle. Most portal axles are aligned with the center of the wheel, but the portal axle is raised higher than the center of the wheel, allowing for better ground clearance. The hubs at both ends of the portal axle will contain gears that help drive the wheels.

Change the center of gravity
The gears at both ends of the portal axle also reduce the torque on the hub and portal axle assembly, which means that the housing can be smaller and thinner. This means that the entire portal axle assembly can be lighter, which helps to improve the center of gravity of the vehicle. However, the problem with installing gears in these locations is that they may overheat after prolonged use, and overheating may cause internal components to fail. This is an important consideration because portal axles are commonly used in military vehicles or other vehicles that operate in harsh terrain or harsh conditions.

Short the distance between the vehicles body and the ground
Sometimes buses and other vehicles are also equipped with portal axles, albeit in a significantly different configuration. For off-road vehicles, the portal axle is located above the center of the wheel; on a bus, the portal axle will be located below the center of the wheel, effectively lowering the vehicle body to the ground. This is usually done to make it easier for passengers to enter the bus entrance; a lower entrance is easier for people who cannot climb the stairs well or cannot safely climb the stairs.

Designed for specific vehicles
One obvious disadvantage of a portal axle is the cost. The cost of the components is often higher than a standard axle, and installation on some vehicles may be difficult or impossible. Most vehicles with such components are specifically designed to accept them, and they may already have axles installed. Conversion kits do exist, but they can be difficult to install. The designer of the vehicle will need to take into account the extra weight of the wheel hub, and the steering and stabilizing elements will need to be overbuilt to compensate for the added weight. Therefore, this portal axle is generally used in specific vehicles such as military vehicles, so for these specific vehicles, portal axles are indispensable.
In general, portal axles are very essential for certain vehicles, such as military vehicles, buses, and off-road vehicles. 

TRE 4x4 Productions is specialized in off-road vehicles parts such as portal axles. The technicians at TRE 4x4 are continually conducting research and development to create new products to meet the demands of the off-road community.

Using a winch or snatch strap involves massive forces: failure could be deadly. The safest bet is to simply drive out of a situation that’s got you stuck—no other vehicle is necessary. That's where a TRE recovery board comes in.

The nylon recovery boards also double as shovels: if you can’t place them under your tires and drive out, you can use them to excavate your wheels. Or just use them to dig a fire pit or latrine in your new base camp. And you don’t need to be driving a 4x4 or going off-road to benefit from them. They work just as well in the snow and on the road as they do in mud or soft sand off of it.
Onedibe1:

I fit use am do personal car sha
Re: Mercedes-benz Unimog Voted Best Off Road Vehicle 2017 by lanren6969: 8:36am On Aug 23, 2021
How To Ensure The Machining Process Efficiency Of Precision Parts | JTR

High precision components used in various industries of testing equipment – scientific instruments, mainly used in domestic scientific instruments. In the instrument industry, precision components factory provides parts processing, need to consider the corresponding technology and efficiency, as well as detailed process. So how to ensure the factory processing efficiency of precision parts and how to do precision parts processing well? Let’s take a look at the following guide.

How To Ensure Machining Efficiency Of Precision Parts
1. Laborious, rough finisher to ensure machining accuracy. The characteristics of rough machining and finish machining are different. For example, in rough machining, the workload will be relatively large, such as cutting and clamping force. Therefore, finish machining and finish machining should be carried out separately, and the processing conditions should be strictly controlled.

2. Select appropriate processing equipment. For finishing and rough machining, they have different requirements for equipment. In the rough machining process, we can choose high-precision machine tools, but in finishing, we need to choose high-performance machine tools.

3. Do precision parts processing heat treatment steps. The implementation of this process has a high impact on the processing quality, which must be paid attention to.

But with the right to enter the scientific method of precision parts processing work to meet the growing demand of enterprises, will strive to improve. So, how to do a good job in precision parts processing?

1. Choose the equipment reasonably

Rough machining of mechanical parts is mainly to cut off most of the machining allowance, and it does not need high-precision machining of mechanical parts, so rough machining should be high-power and high-precision machine tools. In the process of completion, adhere to the use of relatively high-precision machine tools.. rough, completed on different machines, can give full play to the equipment capacity, and can extend the service life of precision machine tools. You can totally be free to choose  JTR CNC machining service, they are professional in this field, with decades of working experience to support you the best service and advice. [url]jtrmachine.com[/url]

2. In order to ensure the machining accuracy of precision parts, the coarse and fine mechanical parts are processed well respectively

Because when rough machine parts, cutting quantity, cutting force of workpiece, clamping force, heat, surface hardening of mechanical parts, significant, large internal stress in the workpiece, if rough, rough processing is completed continuously, the mechanical parts after precision will soon lose stress redistribution. It is used for machining some mechanical parts with high precision. Roughing and finishing, or aging treatment should be arranged after low temperature annealing to eliminate internal stress.

3. Heat treatment is often arranged in the process of precision parts processing

Location is as follows: Heat treatment to improve metal cutting performance, such as annealing, normalizing, tempering, set in the treatment of general mechanical parts. In order to improve the mechanical properties of the parts, such as carburizing, quenching and tempering, the mechanical parts are generally set in the above treatment. If the deformation is large after heat treatment, the process after processing should be arranged.

For some equipment produced by many machinery factories, the relationship between more precision parts will be used. When so many people will find out whether some machine parts want to be used well enough, sometimes even some bad phenomena will appear. It is necessary to use a good technology at this time, that is precision parts processing, precision parts processing. So what’s the concept, Some precision parts that have been formed can be processed well and completely, for example, some of them meet your requirements, so you don’t really need good parts inside the machine. As long as you process your parts and tell them that what you need is part of the polite words, you
can get the parts you want to meet in the machine.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Euro/American Vs Asian Cars (Reliability, Durability & Performance) / Lawma Truck On Fire At Iyana Paja Round About..(photo) Live / Help! Honda Accord Gear Problem.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.