Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement (15734 Views)

Farmers/Herdsmen Clashes: Sanni Bello Meets European Union (Photos) / Ministerial Nomination: Tension Grips APC As President Targets Experts, Non-apc / Tension Grips Nigerian City As Separatist Leader Goes Missing - REUTERS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by SuperS1Panther: 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2017
Tension has enveloped the sleepy Adani community in Uzo-Uwani council area of Enugu State over an alleged misunderstanding between farmers and suspected herdsmen resulting in a shooting spree.

Adani community is a few kilometres away from Ukpabi Nimbo where herdsmen invaded over a year ago, leading to the gruesome murder of several persons and destruction of property worth millions of naira.

THISDAY checks revealed that in the latest attack which reportedly occurred last weekend at Adani forest, there was a shoot-out between the herdsmen and the farmers leading to injuries sustained by some persons and killing of some cows.

The youths of the community were alleged to have shared the meat. Trouble was said to have broken out when some of the natives got to their farm and saw cattle grazing their crops. The locals reportedly told the herdsmen to leave their farmland but the herdsmen refused to leave and continued grazing their cattle in the farm.
Apparently incensed by the refusal of the herdsmen to vacate their farmland, the natives allegedly mobilised themselves and tried to forcibly evict the herdsmen from their farmlands.

In the process, a bloody fight broke out between the locals and the herdsmen.
It was gathered that during the fight, firearms and other dangerous weapons were freely used.
The locals reportedly overpowered the herdsmen and drove them out of the farm.
During the fight, a Fulani man was allegedly shot while several cows were reportedly slaughtered.
The victim was said to be receiving treatment at a hospital in Adani as at press time.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Ebere Amaraizu, who confirmed the latest incident at Adani, said the police were collaborating with sister security agencies to ensure that there was no breakdown of law and order in the town.
Amaraizu said the police want peace in the area to be sustained and would not tolerate any acts of lawlessness in the area.

He debunked the rumours that Adani was deserted due to alleged attack on the herdsmen and cows at Adani forest by some group of persons.
According to him, the incident revolves around some set of alleged “mischief makers in the community who shot and killed some cows and shared their meat inside the forest after allegedly injuring a pastoralist who is now responding to treatment at Our Lady Health of the Sick Hospital Adani.”
Amaraizu however maintained that the situation never gave rise to any panic or disturbance or people deserting the community.

He said people were going about their normal lawful business and social activities in Adani.
“The community leaders and the Sarkin Fulani, of Uzo-Uwani, Alhaji Tijani are meeting with a view to resolving the issues as suspects in the alleged dastardly act have been identified for necessary action.
“The command, however, warns in strong terms against any activity by any group or persons capable of truncating the existing peace in the state,” Amaraizu said.

www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/06/27/tension-grips-enugu-community-over-farmers-herdsmen-disagreement/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by Markfemi2: 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2017
Na wa o
Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by kenny987(f): 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hmmm! Aren't there enough bushes and forests since they are too dumb to establish and run ranches as farmers tend their farms? Must they go unto carefully cultivated farmland just to cause dissension and wahala?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by SuperS1Panther: 2:02pm On Jun 27, 2017
The action of the Adani people to defend themselves against the murderous, heady, vampire-like and blood sucking demonic herdsmen is commendable.

The legislators in Enugu should go a step further to institute a bill banning open grazing.

It is high time people keep treating the lunacy of the vampire herdsmen with full force of counter measures. No one has monopoly of violence and lunacy. THis is an example of reaction to their madness, just like Mambilia and Saki unfortunate incidents.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by vicadex07(m): 2:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
Enugu is no mans land grin

See as fear and tension grip the whole of enugu because of their fulani masters whom they begged earlier to reconsider the kaduna declaration.

Coward osu slaves grin

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by Kemperor: 2:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
Since the authorities don't want to do anything then the citizens should take laws into their own hands...

The rein of the herdsmen in the East is over....

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by Kemperor: 2:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
vicadex07:

The herdsmen thought so until they experienced it...

Muhammed could do nothing but watch as his cows were slaughtered and shared before his eyes...

61 Likes

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by SuperS1Panther: 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2017
Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by dessz(m): 2:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
Kathmandu:
this kind of comment from a known tribal bigot surprised me that i have to ask
SuperS1Panther:

You are drunk. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I am an unrepentant Pan-Yorubaist. If that is being a bigot to you, that is your bongo cup of tea.
Kathmandu:
To be a Pan Yourubaist means you have to belittle other tribes
ride on , ride on guys

4 Likes

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by Amarabae(f): 2:39pm On Jun 27, 2017
Southern Nigeria men have failed us!
When men fail to protect a community, we women will arise and take up the challenge to protect ourselves and children.
These herdsmen issue is now getting out of hand.
Enough is Enough!
Southerners love diplomacy a lot whereas Diplomacy is a treason word in a violent Africa.

19 Likes

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by seanet01: 2:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
Amarabae:
Southern Nigeria men have failed us!
When men fail to protect a community, we women will arise and take up the challenge to protect ourselves and children.
Dey Abuja dey run your mouth like a leaking tap

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
SuperS1Panther:
The action of the Adani people to defend themselves against the murderous, heady, vampire-like and blood sucking demonic herdsmen is commendable.

The legislators in Enugu should go a step further to institute a bill banning open grazing.

It is high time people keep treating the lunacy of the vampire herdsmen with full force of counter measures. No one has monopoly of violence and lunacy. THis is an example of reaction to their madness, just like Mambilia and Saki unfortunate incidents.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2017
vicadex07:
go and play with crayons

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by SuperS1Panther: 2:47pm On Jun 27, 2017
Kathmandu:

I am an unrepentant Pan-Yorubaist. If that is being a bigot to you, that is your bongo cup of tea.

19 Likes

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

To be a Pan Yourubaist means you have to belittle other tribes

25 Likes

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by SirHouloo(m): 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
Good, I am beginning to like the boldness being displayed by natives of different locations toward these fearling herdsmen.
Sharing their cow meat sweetened my heart most. If their cow can graze on our crops, we should be able to graze on their cow too.
That is food chain, abi Na pyramid.

34 Likes

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by Kobicove(m): 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
Everywhere there's trouble these days it's Fulani herdsmen!
angry
A solution needs to be found for this menace

3 Likes

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by Anikulhapo(m): 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
This Fulani herdsmen need to be taught some lessons, I hope the residents defend themselves and not wait for anybody

18 Likes

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by BuariCopyPaste: 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2017
Its now fire for fire here......while Oyo residents are still protesting with palm fronds

24 Likes

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by obamabinladen(m): 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2017
Kill any Fulani herdsman You See.

They should go to their Sambisa for grazing idiots.

7 Likes

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by legendte(m): 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2017
Any provocation might be costly this time.
Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by ephi123(f): 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2017
"Herdsmen" ---> The new rebranded Boko haram

5 Likes

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by oshe11: 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2017
Nigeria is getting BLEAK as the day goes by, and we the Youths are at the Forefront of it all.....

Its very difficult if not "IMPOSSIBLE" to read comments here in Nairaland about a sensible topic without it being turned into Arewa, Afonja n Igbo's fight.....

Truth Is we are destroying ourselves instead of coming together to purge Nigeria off our corrupt leaders.....

Its so painful that even if a "NUDE Picture" of a girl with "FALLEN OLYMPUS" is posted without mentioning her name nor state, the comments here would be majorly about the ORIGIN of the BOOBEE and throwing shades at each region instead of addressing the "FALLEN OLYMPUS"

I was once a party to it though I am neither an Afonja, a Igbo nor Arewa bt #IDONREPENT

7 Likes

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by ItuExchange(m): 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2017
Oh Lord. Please grant us peace in this country!

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller: .com.ng
Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by Larwin(m): 3:41pm On Jun 27, 2017
Anikulhapo:
This Fulani herdsmen need to be taught some lessons, I hope the residents defend themselves and not wait for anybody

These fulani wahala makes me remember the Usman DanFodio fulani invasion of Kwara state undecided

6 Likes

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by HopeAlive14(m): 3:41pm On Jun 27, 2017
It still beats my imagination why the government, both at the federal and state level appears helpless in the face of Fulani herdsmen threats.
Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by Koval12(m): 3:41pm On Jun 27, 2017
My greatest fear is when my kids ask me questions about all these abnormally and stupidity with Nigeria. What would I tell them?
Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 27, 2017
I advocate for self-defense.

Who is with me on this one?

13 Likes

Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by Cubeet: 3:42pm On Jun 27, 2017
People are now beginning to wake up to fight this Fulani terrorists. Mambilla in taraba is an example.
Re: Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement by darkckUSA: 3:43pm On Jun 27, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Then why do you berate Nnamdi Kanu?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lawan, Gbajabiamila Explains Why They Are Against Electricity Tarriff Increase / Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 / 99.9% Of Nigerians Are Honest - Okonjo-Iweala: True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.