Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,207 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole (4742 Views)

Download Reflection Eternal's(Talib Kweli and Hitek) New Album: Revolution Per Minute / BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem / Talib Kweli's New Video Shot Entirely In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by eldee(m): 9:58pm On Jan 27, 2010
Talib Kweli and Mos Def on one track . . . with the future of HiphopJ. Cole and Jay Electronica with Hi-Tek's beats . . . this is pure battle of wits.
It's like a Get By Remix Remix grin grin This is hiphop eargasm. . .

Talib Kweli was unexpectedly dissapointing on this track . . .
He even had a minor B.S moment when he confused Buddhists with muslims.

Whether it's God Almighty or if it's the mighty dollar
We follow the prophets like Islamics do the Dalai lama.

Jay Electronica scored points on the 2010 Watch This Space list of debut albums but didn't really show that much on this track.

J. Cole as usual has his sick flow does all but outshine these gurus.
He opens his verse with a round of multies . . . with bars that tell us exactly what he's planning to do to hiphop.

'I will really go Columbine and throw up a diamond sign'

J. Cole says he's  'coming raw' so he needs to 'throw a condom on'

Mos Def [/b]goes seriously metaphorical and makes J. Cole's claims of being clever sound like child's play.
He spits wisdom that'll make you sit back and reflect.

And pure power don't power trip

. . .All about nothing where it's all about the dollar
And mansions on the fault line of a shaky market . . .

[b]Overall I think this track tells us how good 2010 is going to be for hiphop.
I'll like to see what y'all think about it.
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by rapjunkie(m): 10:02pm On Jan 27, 2010
where is the link?
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by eldee(m): 10:05pm On Jan 27, 2010
rapjunkie:

where is the link?

Oh shit I forgot that
[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOKROODcPZI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by rapjunkie(m): 11:08pm On Jan 27, 2010
@ eldee

first off, talib says like islamics [b]or [/b]the dalai lama

i really dont know who took this. . , BUT what i can say is that THIS is what hip hop is all about. . . need to listen to a few times to come with a deeper analysis but my fav at the mo is J Cole's verse
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by eldee(m): 11:16pm On Jan 27, 2010
@rapjnkie

That's anything but 'or' . . . we heard the way he pronounced or in the line before that.
But I'll give Kweli the benefit of this doubt.

I prefer the J. Cole verse too . . . his flow was out-of-this-world and his bars are good.
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by Genuflect(m): 9:02am On Jan 28, 2010
Eldee, provide the link for boys na. I've got the song but you gotta put it there for sake of people who don't
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by Genuflect(m): 9:27am On Jan 28, 2010
By the way, Talib said 'Islamics or the Dalai Lama'. Check out the lyrics
(Talib Kweli)
(Ay, yo, Hi-Tek?
Do me a favor, man, speed it up a little bit)
From the intro you know I’m so influential, ’cause I’m glowin’ like a candle
The focus is so essential, dawg, what you tryna get into?
I steady the flow, ready to blow like snotty tissue
They snitchin ’ like Donnie Brisco
and countin’ like Monte Cristo
The ghetto full of betrayal like Iago and Othello
Your fellow neighbor will slay you, they ’ll smoke you like cigarellos
Police, want that info, they’ll grill ‘em like portabellos
I’m murderin’ instrumentals ’cause I rap with the conscience
Of felons, killers, and monsters, so revealing and honest
We ’re still feelin’ the promise, some nights I kill ‘em with kindness
Hittin ’ like Muhammad Ali, you more like Tatyana
All this is prob ’ly karma: You dishonored the father
Whether it ’s God Almighty, or the almighty dollar
We follow the prophets like Islamics or the Dalai Lama
Your bullet points so hollow they could prolly pierce body armor
Look in the scope, my people still a target
(Jay Electronica)
Smile on my face, tears of a sad clown
Feelin ’ out of place as I whistle a cab down
If I tip extra, can I huff a cig? Blow my smoke out the window, droppin ’ ashes on the bridge?
I ’m in New York now, like Akeem and Semi was
Tryna get the lobby door open from a semi buzz
I just wanna go to the slum
And throw my money on the floor like the Notorious B.U.M.
(Uhn)
Build a home, teach a class, start a revolution
Free the mind, heal the body, talkin ’ evolution
This that black Elohim Anunnaki rap
That Farrakhan Akeem Olajuwon Qaddafi rap
I dedicate this to my niggas in New Orleans
Rockin’ black and gold stocking caps and fleur-de-lis Shockey hats
I ’m in the coatroom, screamin’
“Who Dat” on the double Servin’ gumbo wit’ a shovel,
dawg, I’m on another level
Me and Kweli come together like two pieces of metal
We magnetizin ’ the ghetto
(J. Cole)
(Yeah, now here’s the memo)
I’m a rebel without a cause, a bezel without no flaws
And shawty, you straight, but you look way better without no drawers
Let ’s sweat out this alcohol, bet I’m about to ball
And never let up, look how I just crept up without applause
Fed up with all the frauds and left y ’all without a job
The center of attention, this is clever, I ’m Pau Gasol
Really though, I’m LeBron, really don’t got my mind
On this new school of rappers, I will really go Columbine
And throw up the diamond sign, boy you know I ’ma shine
Flow is in Ramadan
‘Cause couple years ago, the game had they pajamas on
But now they on my d.ick, man, I should throw a condom on
Ay, ’cause a nigga comin’ raw like I ain’t got one on
And I ain’t stoppin’ or coppin’ no pleas, I just lock and load, squeeze
Dawg, I ’m on a higher level, I’m on top of nosebleeds
Niggas say they sick, but when they rock, they don ’t sneeze
Like the nigga on the block wavin ’ his Glock but won’t squeeze
Please
(Mos Def)
Hold your applause until the ceremony end
Yours truly, truly blessed, yet again a noble pla-anted
Super magic, abracadabra kid
Mysterious master Jim, blacker pen, arrowhead
With the long-barrel stem, and his apparel fresh
Harbor lights shinin ’ out the black power grid
With the Black Power grip And pure power don ’t power trip
Push the cellar ceiling up and make the tower tip
Your Gladwell point, and Babylon polish
All about nothin ’ where it’s all about the dollar
And mansions on the fault line of a shaky market
The devil at the dancehall, thirsty for a partner
Get off ‘im There is not a parcel or a portion
Or a measure of a fortune more awesome
Gorgeous The funky Four Horsemen and one more
With Hi-Tek on the score, once more, of course
You’re welcome, thanks
Appreciation for your
participation
Special dedication
Celebration, bitches

That kid J. Cole is just nuts. Where did Jigga get dude from? Damn
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by eldee(m): 2:47pm On Jan 28, 2010
Genuflect:

Eldee, provide the link for boys na. I've got the song but you gotta put it there for sake of people who don't

I've not got the link myself . . . just got the link for this video from one of my mates on Facebook.

Genuflect:

By the way, Talib said 'Islamics or the Dalai Lama'. Check out the lyrics
The lyrics are written by fans . . . not the artistes.
Come on, I've sent in lyrics for songs on azlyrics.com before.

Genuflect:

That kid J. Cole is just nuts. Where did Jigga get dude from? Damn
Ionno what's wrong with him man . . . he murks Jay-Z on one track and then he goes on to hold his ground against Talib Kweli and Mos Def??
His flow is just unbelievable, and he doesn't just spew fuckery like the one whose name shall not be mentioned grin grin
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by Genuflect(m): 3:19pm On Jan 28, 2010
I gat the link to the song. It's just the site it's on needs registration
And who is the 'one whose name must not be mentioned'? Lol
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by HJ1(m): 3:20pm On Jan 28, 2010
eldee:

Ionno what's wrong with him man . . . he murks Jay-Z on one track and then he goes on to hold his ground against Talib Kweli and Mos Def??
His flow is just unbelievable, and he doesn't just spew fuckery like the one whose name shall not be mentioned grin grin

after hov heard his mixtape "the come up". . . . he just had to give that dude a shot . .  His depth in hiphop samples like from souls of mischief, brand nubians, the pharcyde just goes to show dat he has come a long way wen it comes to listenin to music, unlike some retards who call themselves rappers and dont even know bonita applebum from a tribe called quest. . . . J. cole is a must watch this '10, . . word!!
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by Rhymstein(m): 3:35pm On Jan 28, 2010
I get d song since na,e dey user share,its off reflection eternal,a 30 track mixtape,released either on 25th december or jan 1st,i knw i was awake when talib sent d link on twitter
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by A40(m): 3:49pm On Jan 28, 2010
eldee:

Lemme save you the trouble Son. Eminem cheesy cheesy

That Jay Electronica dude has been under-G for a while now i hope he does hit it big this year. That dude does spit lava
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by Genuflect(m): 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2010
Eminem spits fuckery? Not to me sha
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by eldee(m): 4:12pm On Jan 28, 2010
H.J:

after hov heard his mixtape "the come up". . . . he just had to give that dude a shot . .  His depth in hiphop samples like from souls of mischief, brand nubians, the pharcyde just goes to show dat he has come a long way wen it comes to listenin to music, unlike some retards who call themselves rappers and dont even know bonita applebum from a tribe called quest. . . . J. cole is a must watch this '10, . . word!!

He's genius . . . and the fact that he's signed to Roc Nation means a chance to bring alternative hiphop to the general public.
He probably doesn't know how good he is grin

A-40:

That Jay Electronica dude has been under-G for a while now i hope he does hit it big this year. That dude does spit lava

His album is coming out too . . . when last did we have this many anticipated debut albums?? grin grin

Genuflect:

Eminem spits fuckery? Not to me sha

He's a great rapper . . . he could do anything and make it sound good.
But he gets lazy with his themes . . . he knows people will always feel his delivery so he just does some 'fagiddy, fagiddy, andy andy' on every track.
Of course it'll sound good, but once in a while he needs to do sumn different.
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by A40(m): 8:38pm On Jan 28, 2010
You Stans would not agree that Eminem has been emitting crap since the Eminem Show

Jay Electronica incorporates loads of soul in his tunes which is what i like the most about em
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by Genuflect(m): 9:04pm On Jan 28, 2010
Whatever, dude. Eminem still rox to me. Watch out for Relapse 2
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by eldee(m): 9:10pm On Jan 28, 2010
Genuflect:

Whatever, dude. Eminem still rox to me. Watch out for Relapse 2

Don't you ever get tired of listening to all his songs knowing he's going to say the same thing??

Jay-Z retired becase he felt he was becoming too predictable . . . the only reason he came back was to change his style.
Eminem went, he only came back worse off.
I can write out the lyrics of Relapse II for you right now. grin grin
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by Genuflect(m): 9:13pm On Jan 28, 2010
Lol. To me, most rappers rap about the same thing anyway. It's just the words and the delivery I'm really after
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by dawhizkid1(m): 9:27pm On Jan 28, 2010
I've noticed that sum people in NL just want to argue, Like i always said, controversy is good for NL or Why do guys think Ofokaofoki rocks?
Now @eldee, Eminem Spew Crap since Eminem Show?? Eminem Predictable??
Kindly show me wat's 'crap' or 'Predictable' in Yellow Brick Road, Like Toy Soildiers, Mosh, Spend Some Time, Mockingbird, No Apologies(i bet u neva heard this 1), Careful wat u wish for n Underground,
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by eldee(m): 9:46pm On Jan 28, 2010
da-whizkid:

I've noticed that sum people in NL just want to argue, Like i always said, controversy is good for NL or Why do guys think Ofokaofoki rocks?
Now @eldee, Eminem Spew Crap since Eminem Show?? Eminem Predictable??
Kindly show me wat's 'crap' or 'Predictable' in Yellow Brick Road, Like Toy Soildiers, Mosh, Spend Some Time, Mockingbird, No Apologies(i bet u neva heard this 1), Careful wat u wish for n Underground,

The cycle goes on. . . you know what, I'll leave you to go enjoy your 'faggidy faggidy faggidy raggedy anne and andy, no andy and andy', I'm not about to turn a Talib Kweli thread into another Eminem argument.
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by Genuflect(m): 10:26pm On Jan 28, 2010
Better that way
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by A40(m): 11:17pm On Jan 28, 2010
@Genuflect
His last three albums have been crap. RELAPSE, RE-UP (mixtape album), ENCORE all where gar-barge i really hope Relapse 2 cuts it cos i was once a fan

@Eldee
Haha you left out Migidy, Figidy, Shigidi. Fi. Fa. Fo. Fum, omoge je kin shangolo e.t.c kinda lyrics. Good grief you would be forgiven for mistaking EM for Terry G on some of his tracks these days

As for J.Cole and J.Electronica i hope they don't drop their albums without dropping some singles and gaining sufficient buzz i would hate to see them do Wale numbers. It may not matter much for J.Electronica but if J.Cole wants longevity on that Roc Nation roster he needs to move units methinks a duet with Ri-ri would help(though i think rated r should be rated rubbish i still love a few tracks on it but it wasn't her best work)
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by dawhizkid1(m): 11:35pm On Jan 28, 2010
I like when haters back out of debate bcoz they can't analyse and give a comprehensive answer to questions they were asked, or becoz they don't have the proofs to back up the fuckery they spew. Bleep it, n it's a debate they even started.
Here's a lil Advice to who the hell care to read; Don't start what you know u can't finish, 'and me out' - Jesse Jagz
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by Genuflect(m): 11:49pm On Jan 28, 2010
@A40 You must have missed where I posted 'Eminem spits fuckery? Not to me sha'.
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by eldee(m): 12:12am On Jan 29, 2010
A-40:

As for J.Cole and J.Electronica i hope they don't drop their albums without dropping some singles and gaining sufficient buzz i would hate to see them do Wale numbers. It may not matter much for J.Electronica but if J.Cole wants longevity on that Roc Nation roster he needs to move units methinks a duet with Ri-ri would help(though i think rated r should be rated rubbish i still love a few tracks on it but it wasn't her best work)

J. Cole's got Kanye, No ID and Pharell working with him, that's the road to a platinum selling album.
Wale did the pop-appeal thing with Lady Gaga, it didn't sell.

C'mon Russian Roulette is the most creative thing she's done since Unfaithful cheesy cheesy

da-whizkid:

I like when haters back out of debate bcoz they can't analyse and give a comprehensive answer to questions they were asked, or becoz they don't have the proofs to back up the fuckery they spew. bleep it, n it's a debate they even started.
Here's a lil Advice to who the hell care to read; Don't start what you know u can't finish, 'and me out' - Jesse Jagz

You're new to this ish, it's obvious . . . I've dealt with worse Stans.
Anyways, if you need to see Eminem arguments, put your young-blooded passion into good use and do an NL search.
There's no need sacrificing another thread on sumn that's been discussed a million times.
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by A40(m): 12:14am On Jan 29, 2010
@da-whizkid
Calm down bros and don't get too sensitive and emotional (a common Stan trait) one or two tracks here and there does not mean Eminem has not been spitting below par ish like a bad golfer lately! For every Mockingbird. There are weak joints like My Mom, Blame it on the Ganja and A/s/s like that e.t.c. Don't raise your B.P over little ish bro. I'd lhke to think you are still a young'in

@Genuflect
I know better than to try to convince you and any other Stan out there otherwise that's like trying to pound yam with a syringe or opening facebook with a calculator
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by chiogo(f): 12:15am On Jan 29, 2010
LOL I love you guys - just knew an Eminem debate would come up.  grin

Ok so this song is sick. I love everything Talib Kweli, he's just too deep. Jay Electronica? never heard of him, guess he's the one that spat the last verse.
J. Cole is VERY promising, really nice after listening to him on BP3. He should stay this consistent.  smiley

Offtopic - @ Eldee, Is there a way you can help me contact Seun, the Admin., being a moderator and all?  smiley I need a favor from him.
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by eldee(m): 12:22am On Jan 29, 2010
@Chiogo
Jay Electronica was the second rapper on the track.

I tried my best . . . I used an anonymous comment.
It's that amebo A-40 that's causing all this wahala. grin grin

Are you on YIM, I can give you his YIM ID.
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by chiogo(f): 12:25am On Jan 29, 2010
Oh ok, I thought that was Mos Def.  That trouble maker A-40, I know, right?  tongue

Yes, please gimme his Y! ID. 

Edit - Got it. Thanks!
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by Genuflect(m): 12:35am On Jan 29, 2010
@A40 If you know you can't convince me, then what are you tryna do? Lol. Tryna get under ma skin? Good luck homes
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by A40(m): 1:07am On Jan 29, 2010
@chiogo
Them Stans are like Al-qaeda cats! talk smack about their man and they declare fatwa on us unbelievers

@Eldee
Back the f/u/ck off dude? Na so dem dey answer question for your village? Me amebo? Walahi if i whoze you na everything go dey hungry you

As for J.Cole omo nothing is a slam dunk oh! Gold is the new Platinum when it comes to sales these days its not enough to just spit lava you have to basically create your own lane and come up with something different

Russian Roulette was just there methinks Hard was better that girl has shaken her teenie bopper image off faster than Usain Bolt and i daresay she makes better vids than her big sis Beyonce

@Genuflect
Haha if it gets under your skin that one na your fat luck oh! You might need to watch some Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle or Katt Williams. Y'all need to stop taking this EM ish P
Re: Just Begun - Talib Kweli & Hi-tek Ft Mos Def, Jay Electronica And J. Cole by eldee(m): 1:32am On Jan 29, 2010
@A-40

Hehehehe . . . no be you cause the whole wahala??

J. Cole's with Roc Nation, but I get what you're saying.

I loved Russian Roulette and Rude Boi. Hard was good too. She's really good and she's only 21.
All the kids that came out with her have dissapeared.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mayorkun Ft Dremo & Barry Jay_hustler’s Anthem / Music: Mavin Records – Arise Ft. Don Jazzy, Di’ja And Reekado Banks / Dbanj Ft. Olamide Leak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.