Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,702 members, 7,802,090 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

An Examination Of Nigerian Used Vehicles Prices - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / An Examination Of Nigerian Used Vehicles Prices (724 Views)

Foreign Used Vehicles only @ affordable prices. / Cheap European Used Vehicles Less Than 1m / Contact Bettycars for cheap European used vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Examination Of Nigerian Used Vehicles Prices by Jazzlite: 9:37am On Jun 28, 2017
I have keenly observed that the quoted prices of Nigerian used vehicles​ are way above their​ average prices in the countries of origin. That is the United States .... United kingdom.... Canada ...or Germany...

I want to believe that after several years of use in Nigeria.....sellers have no right to charge the costs of importation and clearing... since they have obviously driven that out of the vehicle.... Thereby reducing the value and reliability of such vehicles...

Buyers and sellers what is your take on this issues?
Re: An Examination Of Nigerian Used Vehicles Prices by Jazzlite: 9:54am On Jun 28, 2017
For example someone is asking for over a million Naira for a used pathfinder... Whereas this same model is being sold for $450 buy it now price on copart!!!

Re: An Examination Of Nigerian Used Vehicles Prices by Jazzlite: 9:55am On Jun 28, 2017
See below.... Why should I buy such a vehicle?..

Re: An Examination Of Nigerian Used Vehicles Prices by Jazzlite: 10:01am On Jun 28, 2017
Buyers should be informed about the cost prices of tokunbo vehicles in the countries of origin.... and do a comparison with the Nigerian​ used vehicle prices​.
Re: An Examination Of Nigerian Used Vehicles Prices by Jazzlite: 10:15am On Jun 28, 2017
425 dollars should be around 160k adding all other costs shipping... transport and clearance... I believe we would be close to the 1.2million if not less...
Re: An Examination Of Nigerian Used Vehicles Prices by Jazzlite: 11:01am On Jun 28, 2017
Dedons....
Re: An Examination Of Nigerian Used Vehicles Prices by nurey(m): 11:10am On Jun 28, 2017
looking at the car in question they are both different, your copart is a 1995-2000 pathfinder with 3.0L V6, the advertised one is a 2001-04 pathfinder with the ever reliable 3.5L engine.

Every seller has a right to put any price tag on his ware, as long as he is not coercing, forcing, scamming or putting you under duress to buy by force at that price.

All i will tell intended buyers is Nigerians have always been greedy when selling stuff, they believe things appreciate rather than depreciate, if you intend buying any car abeg watch well and do your findings. The 1.2m pathfinder in question i cant buy more than 600k, its even a manual transmission.

no be here we see 1992 lexus for 1.2m, a car you will buy in US for $50 and you clear at ok 300k. car should not exceed 700k as tokunbo. I will never forget this advert grin
Re: An Examination Of Nigerian Used Vehicles Prices by Jazzlite: 1:12pm On Jun 28, 2017
nurey:
looking at the car in question they are both different, your copart is a 1995-2000 pathfinder with 3.0L V6, the advertised one is a 2001-04 pathfinder with the ever reliable 3.5L engine.

Every seller has a right to put any price tag on his ware, as long as he is not coercing, forcing, scamming or putting you under duress to buy by force at that price.

All i will tell intended buyers is Nigerians have always been greedy when selling stuff, they believe things appreciate rather than depreciate, if you intend buying any car abeg watch well and do your findings. The 1.2m pathfinder in question i cant buy more than 600k, its even a manual transmission.

no be here we see 1992 lexus for 1.2m, a car you will buy in US for $50 and you clear at ok 300k. car should not exceed 700k as tokunbo. I will never forget this advert grin
You gerrit
Re: An Examination Of Nigerian Used Vehicles Prices by dedons: 1:19pm On Jun 28, 2017
Jazzlite:
Dedons....
sir!
Re: An Examination Of Nigerian Used Vehicles Prices by dedons: 1:27pm On Jun 28, 2017
I laff in Buhari's Language.

We Nigerians are our own enemies.

Imagine someone once advertised a Toyota Camry 1999 model with a price tag of 1.6m.

How person wan take begin price that one?
Re: An Examination Of Nigerian Used Vehicles Prices by Jazzlite: 1:43pm On Jun 28, 2017
dedons:
I laff in Buhari's Language.

We Nigerians are our own enemies.

Imagine someone once advertised a Toyota Camry 1999 model with a price tag of 1.6m.

How person wan take begin price that one?
I tire

(1) (Reply)

2005 Toyota Camry XLE (EXTREMELY CLEAN) SOLD SOLD / SOLD SOLD SOLD Foreign Used 2006 Toyota Matrix (in Benin City) / How To Make Your Engine And Gearbox Last Longer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.