Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters (12199 Views)

Why Muslims Dodge Explaining Why Jesus Wasn't Crucified Nor Killed / Why Jesus Christ Actually Came To The Earth / The Reason Why Jesus Christ Is Flogging Your Church Instead Of Blessing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Omoluabi16(m): 5:44am On Jul 11, 2017
ednited:

You are fyn cuz u are not an Ethiopian.

Have Africans view him (excluding Ethiopians)

- He is the father of Africa
That is what you guys see

He killed our country. He said no one is going to rule but him, until he die! A dictator came and here we are. . ..
All he cared about was his pride. He never cared for my Ethiopians. He was on tour when we fall on the hand of Italy

THAT MAN
God! what an irony. here we revere him as one of africas finest leaders, and I've read a lot on his exploits. Yet you and hati give totally different accounts about emperor selasie. amazing.
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Tampinu(m): 5:48am On Jul 11, 2017
Tampinu:

I know what you are saying, but because I am a man of truth I always speak the truth and the truth is that he is the greatest man on earth. Christ returned. "Power of the Trinity". He did not run away to England when Italy invaded; it was the world powers who advised him to go and they supported HIM and there photos to support this point, he was not like some terrorist dictator King who ran like a rat to the safest place as soon as war came to his country...lol

He was in Bath in the UK for 4 and half years before returning to ET, I have been to his House in Bath and I have seen his bedroom and held his staff that he held in his hand! All the photos that I took on that day in 1999 mysteriously disappeared when I tried to view them on the camera (very strange indeed!). Mobile phones did not have cameras at the time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjKa2a-B4Vc
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by ednited(f): 6:07am On Jul 11, 2017
Tampinu:

I know what you are saying, but because I am a man of truth I always speak the truth and the truth is that he is the greatest man on earth. Christ returned. "Power of the Trinity". He did not run away to England when Italy invaded; it was the world powers who advised him to go and they supported HIM and there photos to support this point, he was not like some terrorist dictator King who ran like a rat to the safest place as soon as war came to his country...lol

He was in Bath in the UK for 4 and half years before returning to ET, I have been to his House in Bath and I have seen his bedroom and held his staff that he held in his hand! All the photos that I took on that day in 1999 mysteriously disappeared when I tried to view them on the camera (very strange indeed!). Mobile phones did not have cameras at the time...

Av visited his palace and his house in other city too. I said a dictator successeded after him because HS was not willing to give power to no one.

And btw, he have hanged a patriot who fighted for ET during Italian invasion. Who is he to do this??!!!
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by ednited(f): 6:10am On Jul 11, 2017
Omoluabi16:
God! what an irony. here we revere him as one of africas finest leaders, and I've read a lot on his exploits. Yet you and hati give totally different accounts about emperor selasie. amazing.

Finest leader. . .

for Africa -yes

for Ethiopia -A big NO
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Tampinu(m): 6:14am On Jul 11, 2017
ednited:

Av visited his palace and his house in other city too. I said a dictator successeded after him because HS was not willing to give power to no one.

And btw, he have hanged a patriot that fighted for ET during Italian invasion. Who is he to do this??!!!

Look, HS was on a mission, he was destined to lead us for 40 yrs like Moses and many other prophets did. He ruled 44 years (1930-1974) and that is 44Years but with ET's 13-months carlender that is about 40Yrs. You are talking as if HS was an elected president who was supposed to leave after 4 yrs and didn't. Look HS is an ANCIENT KING, read in the Bible about the Ancient Kingdoms and the Royalties. He was elected and annointed to do his task, the task was for 40yrs and nobody can interefe until that mission was completed.

Was HI
ednited:

And btw, he have hanged a patriot who fighted for ET during Italian invasion. Who is he to do this??!!!
ednited:

You were not even born by the time HIM left...So I rather rely on the account of people who were alive when HIM was around and they have given me a totally different account
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Tampinu(m): 6:31am On Jul 11, 2017
ednited:

Finest leader. . .

for Africa -yes

for Ethiopia -A big NO

See, theres no point in me arguing on and on, unless we have evidence of the allegations you are making we can be here typing and chatting for 24hrs it will not make a difference. So it may be wiser to better spend our precious time discussing the positive things he did for which we have clear and verifiable evidence...It may inspire our people and make us even better people. When u have evidence e.g, photos, videos etc Contact me and then we can resume the discussion about his alleged crimes. That makes sense, ok?
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Tampinu(m): 6:36am On Jul 11, 2017
Tampinu:

Look, HS was on a mission, he was destined to lead us for 40 yrs like Moses and many other prophets did. He ruled 44 years (1930-1974) and that is 44Years but with ET's 13-months carlender that is about 40Yrs. You are talking as if HS was an elected president who was supposed to leave after 4 yrs and didn't. Look HS is an ANCIENT KING, read in the Bible about the Ancient Kingdoms and the Royalties. He was elected and annointed to do his task, the task was for 40yrs and nobody can interefe until that mission was completed.

Was HI

You were not even born by the time HIM left...So I rather rely on the account of people who were alive when HIM was around and they have given me a totally different account

Everything that you have stated so far is what was told to you, you never witnessed a single one of the matters that you are reporting. Therefore that is hersay evidence. It may help if you begin every report of HS alleged crimes by stating that "I was told that....." or "I heard that.....", that is how a truthful person will report a heresay matter. You don't just make accusations and allegations as if you witnessed it personally, that is intellectually dishonest, misleading and mischievous (like a politician seeking immediate political gains)
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by ednited(f): 6:39am On Jul 11, 2017
Tampinu:

I am thankful cuz am not born his time. Very thankful. But that does not make me wrong. I have watched his documentary films and etc. . .

I could have been one of the AAU students who protested against him if I was born by his tym
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by frubben(m): 6:48am On Jul 11, 2017
ednited:

Thanks. What uv said was what I want to talk about. Our brain have been washed by the whites. Jesus is on top and they let us view him white

Does that have no effect on us? Tho we are grown ups that we might not be much effected, but how about the kids?

Any time a drama is made for Jesus, they always try to choose the white person in the room. No one must be picked by color to represent Jesus! Any one with any type of skin tone must make it
lol yes oooooooo and the problem is we forget we are so brain wash and we think it's right. Some fishery brain believers will even argue it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Immorttal: 7:06am On Jul 11, 2017
Wilgrea7:
personally, i don't think its much of a big deal.. but then.. I'm not one of the Christians who believe a jew from 2000 years ago died for my sins
what is your belief, its like they are changing for the better. Are you a deist?

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Immorttal: 7:11am On Jul 11, 2017
Wilgrea7:

good works? nah.. anyone could fake that.. i also have a different concept of the afterlife... sometimes I'm not sure I'd qualify as a Christian.. maybe I'll drop the label

of course.. i don't deny the divinity of Christ.. its just that i have a different view of things.. there are very different views of Jesus

i guess i learn new things everyday.. I'm on a journey to discover the real Jesus... the historical one... if it coincides with the biblical view, I'll be back to my old self.. if not, I guess I'll find out then
the real jesus doesn't exist, its a sham bro wake up before its too late
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Aaronsrod: 11:27am On Jul 11, 2017
Tampinu:

King Solomon says the "I am Black", so how can Jesus the Root of David (Father of Solomon) be white? come on man, give yourself a brain! (Sigh)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Orthodox_Tewahedo_Church

Tewahedo (Ge'ez ተዋሕዶ) is a Ge'ez word meaning "being made one". This word refers to the Oriental Orthodox belief in the one perfectly unified Nature of Christ; i.e., a complete union of the Divine and Human Natures into one nature is self-evident in order to accomplish the divine salvation of humankind, as opposed to the "two Natures of Christ" belief commonly held by the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox, Anglican, Lutheran and most Protestant Churches. The Oriental Orthodox Churches adhere to a Miaphysitic Christological view followed by Cyril of Alexandria, the leading protagonist in the Christological debates of the 4th and 5th centuries. Miaphysitism holds that in the one person of Jesus Christ, Divinity and Humanity are united in one (μία, mia - "one"wink nature (φύσις - "physis"wink without separation, without confusion, without alteration and without mixing[5] where Christ is consubstantial with God the Father in as much as He is with Mankind. Around 500 bishops within the Patriarchates of Alexandria, Antioch and Jerusalem refused to accept the Dyophysitism (two natures) doctrine decreed by the Council of Chalcedon in 451, an incident that resulted in the first major split in the main body of the Christian Church.[6]

Where does the Bible tell us Solomon was a black man? I caution you not to misquote the word of God!
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Tampinu(m): 11:30am On Jul 11, 2017
ednited:

I am thankful cuz am not born his time. Very thankful. But that does not make me wrong. I have watched his documentary films and etc. . .

I could have been one of the AAU students who protested against him if I was born by his tym

Thanks.

The fact remains that all your reports are hearsay evidence, and I stated earlier it's hard to attach a lot of credibility to hearsay evidence in the absence of relevant evidence so please provide us with and publicly display all the evidence that you have to support your statements e.g, Photos, videos, audio recordings and even published documents. I await your evidence and then we can discuss this further, until then it's better to discuss the Positive things HS did and how we can copy that and use it to improve the African continent.

Thanks
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Tampinu(m): 11:32am On Jul 11, 2017
Aaronsrod:

Where does the Bible tell us Solomon was a black man? I caution you not to misquote the word of God!

Thanks for your caution and if you open your Bible to The Songs of Solomon and read through it, you wil get the answers that you seek.

Many Thanks
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Tampinu(m): 11:34am On Jul 11, 2017
Immorttal:

If the Real Jesus does not exist, why is he the "Real" Jesus then?
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Tampinu(m): 11:37am On Jul 11, 2017
Tampinu:

Thanks for your caution and if you open your Bible to The Songs of Solomon and read through it, you wil get the answers that you seek.

Many Thanks

Song of Solomon 1:5-6 King James Version (KJV)

5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

6 Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.
King James Version (KJV)
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Tampinu(m): 11:40am On Jul 11, 2017
Tampinu:

If the Real Jesus does not exist, why is he the "Real" Jesus then?

Or are you saying "Real" is another word for "Does not exist"? Huh?
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Tampinu(m): 11:41am On Jul 11, 2017
Tampinu:

Or are you saying "Real" is another word for "Does not exist"? Huh?

Therefore, as unicorns do not exist, is it correct to say Unicorns are real?
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Tampinu(m): 11:44am On Jul 11, 2017
Tampinu:

Many Thanks

Psalm 87 King James Version (KJV)

87 His foundation is in the holy mountains.

2 The Lord loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob.

3 Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Selah.

4 I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there.

5 And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.

6 The Lord shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there. Selah.

7 As well the singers as the players on instruments shall be there: all my springs are in thee.

Consider verse 4.
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Tampinu(m): 11:45am On Jul 11, 2017
Tampinu:

Psalm 87 King James Version (KJV)

87 His foundation is in the holy mountains.

2 The Lord loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob.

3 Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Selah.

4 I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there.

5 And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.

6 The Lord shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there. Selah.

7 As well the singers as the players on instruments shall be there: all my springs are in thee.

Consider verse 4.

Isaiah 41King James Version (KJV)

41 Keep silence before me, O islands; and let the people renew their strength: let them come near; then let them speak: let us come near together to judgment.

2 Who raised up the righteous man from the east, called him to his foot, gave the nations before him, and made him rule over kings? he gave them as the dust to his sword, and as driven stubble to his bow.

3 He pursued them, and passed safely; even by the way that he had not gone with his feet.
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Tampinu(m): 11:48am On Jul 11, 2017
Tampinu:

41 Keep silence before me, O islands; and let the people renew their strength: let them come near; then let them speak: let us come near together to judgment.

2 Who raised up the righteous man from the east, called him to his foot, gave the nations before him, and made him rule over kings? he gave them as the dust to his sword, and as driven stubble to his bow.

3 He pursued them, and passed safely; even by the way that he had not gone with his feet.

The Kebra Nagast, by E.A. Wallis Budge, [1932], at sacred-texts.com

93. How the Men of RÔMÊ destroyed the Faith

And after they had waited for three months—now ZION came into the country of ETHIOPIA at the beginning of the first month in the language of the HEBREWS, and in Greek TÂRMÔN and in GĔ’ĔZ (ETHIOPIC) MÎYÂZYÂ, on the sixth (or, seventh) day—they wrote down the Law and the names, and they deposited [the writing] for a memorial for the later days, so that what was right should be done for the pavilion [of ZION] p. 164 thereby, and so that the glory of the kings of ETHIOPIA and the glory of the kings of RÔMÊ might be well known. For the kings of ETHIOPIA and the kings of RÔMÊ were brethren and held the Christian Faith. Now first of all they believed in an orthodox manner in the preaching of the Apostles up to [the time of] CONSTANTINE, and ’ĔLÊNÎ (HELENA) the Queen, who brought forth the wood of the Cross, and they (i.e., the kings of RÔMÊ) continued [to believe for] one hundred and thirty years.

And afterwards, SATAN, who hath been the enemy of man from of old, rose up, and seduced the people of the country of RÔMÊ, and they corrupted the Faith of CHRIST, and they introduced heresy into the Church of God by the mouth of NESTORIUS. And NESTORIUS, and ARIUS, and YABÂSÔ (?) were those into whose hearts he cast the same jealousy as he had cast into the heart of CAIN to slay his brother ABEL. In like manner did their father the Devil, the enemy of righteousness and the hater of good, cast jealousy, even as DAVID saith, "They speak violence in the heights of heaven, and set their mouths in the heavens, and their tongue waggeth on the earth."1 And those same men who know not whence they came, and know not whither they are going, revile their Creator with their tongues, and blaspheme His glory, while He is God, the Word of the Lord. He came down from the throne of His Godhead, and put on the body of ADAM, and He is God the Word. And in that body He was crucified so that He might redeem ADAM in his iniquity, and He went up into the heavens, and sat upon the throne of His Godhead in that body, which He had taken. And He shall come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and shall reward every man according to his work, for ever and ever. Amen.

And we believe thus and we adore the Holy Trinity. And those who do not believe thus are excommunicated p. 165 by the Word of God, the King of heaven and earth, both in this world and in that world which is to come. And we are strong in the Orthodox Faith which the Fathers the Apostles have delivered unto us, the Faith of the Church. And thus ETHIOPIA continued to abide in her Faith until the coming of our Lord JESUS CHRIST, to Whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Footnotes

p. 164

1 Psalm lxxiii. 8, 9.
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Tampinu(m): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2017
Tampinu:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/kn/

The Kebra Nagast, by E.A. Wallis Budge, [1932], at sacred-texts.com

And after they had waited for three months—now ZION came into the country of ETHIOPIA at the beginning of the first month in the language of the HEBREWS, and in Greek TÂRMÔN and in GĔ’ĔZ (ETHIOPIC) MÎYÂZYÂ, on the sixth (or, seventh) day—they wrote down the Law and the names, and they deposited [the writing] for a memorial for the later days, so that what was right should be done for the pavilion [of ZION] p. 164 thereby, and so that the glory of the kings of ETHIOPIA and the glory of the kings of RÔMÊ might be well known. For the kings of ETHIOPIA and the kings of RÔMÊ were brethren and held the Christian Faith. Now first of all they believed in an orthodox manner in the preaching of the Apostles up to [the time of] CONSTANTINE, and ’ĔLÊNÎ (HELENA) the Queen, who brought forth the wood of the Cross, and they (i.e., the kings of RÔMÊ) continued [to believe for] one hundred and thirty years.

And afterwards, SATAN, who hath been the enemy of man from of old, rose up, and seduced the people of the country of RÔMÊ, and they corrupted the Faith of CHRIST, and they introduced heresy into the Church of God by the mouth of NESTORIUS. And NESTORIUS, and ARIUS, and YABÂSÔ (?) were those into whose hearts he cast the same jealousy as he had cast into the heart of CAIN to slay his brother ABEL. In like manner did their father the Devil, the enemy of righteousness and the hater of good, cast jealousy, even as DAVID saith, "They speak violence in the heights of heaven, and set their mouths in the heavens, and their tongue waggeth on the earth."1 And those same men who know not whence they came, and know not whither they are going, revile their Creator with their tongues, and blaspheme His glory, while He is God, the Word of the Lord. He came down from the throne of His Godhead, and put on the body of ADAM, and He is God the Word. And in that body He was crucified so that He might redeem ADAM in his iniquity, and He went up into the heavens, and sat upon the throne of His Godhead in that body, which He had taken. And He shall come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and shall reward every man according to his work, for ever and ever. Amen.

And we believe thus and we adore the Holy Trinity. And those who do not believe thus are excommunicated p. 165 by the Word of God, the King of heaven and earth, both in this world and in that world which is to come. And we are strong in the Orthodox Faith which the Fathers the Apostles have delivered unto us, the Faith of the Church. And thus ETHIOPIA continued to abide in her Faith until the coming of our Lord JESUS CHRIST, to Whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Footnotes

p. 164

1 Psalm lxxiii. 8, 9.
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Tampinu(m): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2017
Tampinu:

Sacred Texts Christianity Africa
Aaron (pl. 6) (Public Domain Image)
The Kebra Nagast
by E.A. Wallis Budge
[1932]
Contents Start Reading Text [Zipped]

Title Page
PREFACE TO THE PRESENT EDITION
PREFACE TO THE FIRST EDITION
CONTENTS.
LIST OF PLATES
INTRODUCTION
1. Concerning the Glory of Kings
2. Concerning the Greatness of Kings
3. Concerning the Kingdom of ADAM
4. Concerning Envy
5. Concerning the Kingdom of SETH
6. Concerning the Sin of CAIN
7. Concerning NOAH
8. Concerning the Flood
9. Concerning the Covenant of NOAH
10. Concerning ZION
11. The Unanimous Declaration of the Three Hundred and Eighteen Orthodox Fathers
12. Concerning CANAAN
13. Concerning ABRAHAM
14. Concerning the Covenant of ABRAHAM
15. Concerning ISAAC and JACOB
16. Concerning RÔBÊL (REUBEN)
17. Concerning the Glory of ZION
18. How the Orthodox Fathers and Bishops Agreed
19. How this Book came to be found
20. Concerning the Division of the Earth
21. Concerning the Queen of the South
22. Concerning TÂMRÎN, the Merchant
23. How the Merchant returned to ETHIOPIA
24. How the Queen made ready to set out on her Journey
25. How the Queen came to SOLOMON the King
26. How the King held converse with the Queen
27. Concerning the Labourer
28. How SOLOMON gave Commandments to the Queen
29. Concerning the Three Hundred and Eighteen [Patriarchs]
30. Concerning how King SOLOMON swore to the Queen
31. Concerning the sign which SOLOMON gave the Queen
32. How the Queen brought forth and came to her own Country
33. How the King of ETHIOPIA travelled
34. How the young man arrived in his mother's country
35. How King SOLOMON sent to his son the commander of his army
36. How King SOLOMON held intercourse with his son
37. How SOLOMON asked His Son Questions
38. How the King planned to send away his son with the children of the nobles
39. How they made the Son of SOLOMON King
40. How ZADOK the priest gave commands to DAVID the King
41. Concerning the blessing of Kings
42. Concerning the Ten Commandments
43. How the men of the Army of ISRAEL received [their] orders
44. How it is not a seemly thing to revile the King
45. How those who were sent away wept and made a plan
46. How they made a plan concerning ZION
47. Concerning the offering of AZÂRYÂS (AZARIAH) and the King
48. How they carried away ZION
49. How his Father blessed his Son
50. How they bade farewell to his Father and how the city mourned
51. How he said unto ZADOK the Priest, ''Go and bring the Covering (or, Clothing) which is upon it (i.e., ZION)''
52. How ZADOK the Priest Departed
53. How the Wagon was given to ETHIOPIA
54. How DAVID [the King of ETHIOPIA] Prophesied and Saluted ZION
55. How the People of ETHIOPIA Rejoiced
56. Of the Return of ZADOK the Priest, and the giving of the Gift
57. Concerning the Fall of ZADOK the Priest
58. How SOLOMON Rose up to Slay them
59. How the King Questioned an Egyptian, the Servant of PHARAOH
60. How SOLOMON Lamented for ZION
61. How SOLOMON Returned to JERUSALEM
62. Concerning the answer which SOLOMON made to them
63. How the Nobles of ISRAEL agreed [with the King]
64. How the Daughter of PHARAOH Seduced SOLOMON
65. Concerning the sin of SOLOMON
66. Concerning the prophecy of CHRIST
67. Concerning the lamentation of SOLOMON
68. Concerning MARY, Our Lady of Salvation
69. Concerning the Question of SOLOMON
70. How REHOBOAM reigned
71. Concerning MARY, the daughter of DAVID
72. Concerning the King of RÔMÊ (CONSTANTINOPLE)
73. Concerning the first judgment of ’ADRÂMÎ, King of RÔMÊ
74. Concerning the King of MEDYÂM
75. Concerning the King of BABYLON
76. Concerning lying witnesses
77. Concerning the King of PERSIA
78. Concerning the King of MOAB
79. Concerning the King of AMALEK
80. Concerning the King of the PHILISTINES
81. How the son of SAMSON slew the son of the King of the PHILISTINES
82. Concerning the going down of ABRAHAM into EGYPT
83. Concerning the King of the ISHMAELITES
84. Concerning the King of ETHIOPIA and how he returned to his country
85. Concerning the rejoicing of Queen MÂKĔDÂ
86. How Queen MÂKĔDÂ made her son King
87. How the nobles (or governors) of ETHIOPIA took the oath
88. How he himself related to his mother how they made him King
89. How the Queen talked to the Children of ISRAEL
90. How AZARIAH praised the Queen and her city
91. This is what ye shall eat: the clean and the unclean
92. How they renewed the kingdom of DAVID
94. The first war of the King of ETHIOPIA
95. How the honourable estate of the King of ETHIOPIA was universally accepted
96. Concerning the Prophecy about CHRIST
97. Concerning the Murmuring of ISRAEL
98. Concerning the Rod of MOSES and the Rod of AARON
99. Concerning the Two Servants
100. Concerning the Angels who rebelled
101. Concerning Him that existeth in Everything and Everywhere
102. Concerning the Beginning
103. Concerning the Horns of the Altar
104. More concerning the Ark and the Talk of the Wicked
105. Concerning the belief of ABRAHAM
106. A Prophecy concerning the Coming of CHRIST
107. Concerning His entrance into JERUSALEM in Glory
108. Concerning the wickedness of the iniquitous JEWS
109. Concerning His Crucifixion
110. Concerning His Resurrection
111. Concerning His Ascension and His Second Coming
112. How the Prophets foreshadowed Him in their persons
113. Concerning the Chariot and the Vanquisher of the Enemy
114. Concerning the return of ZION
115. Concerning the Judgement of ISRAEL
116. Concerning the Chariot of ETHIOPIA
117. Concerning the King of RÔMÊ and the King of ETHIOPIA
Colophon
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
Bleep.
XXXI.
XXXII.

Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Tampinu(m): 11:52am On Jul 11, 2017
[quote author=Tampinu post=58342536][/quote]

Romans 1-16King James Version (KJV)

1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

10 Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.

11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;

12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.

13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.

14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.

15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Tampinu(m): 11:53am On Jul 11, 2017
Tampinu:

Romans 1-16King James Version (KJV)

1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

10 Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.

11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;

12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.

13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.

14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.

15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

See Romans 1 (Verse 17-32)

Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Tampinu(m): 11:56am On Jul 11, 2017
Tampinu:

See Romans 1 (Verse 17-32)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1ZB1gjKvJY
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Tampinu(m): 11:58am On Jul 11, 2017
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Aaronsrod: 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2017
Tampinu:

Many Thanks

You are not correct. I am familiar with this scriptures. Nowhere does King Solomon state he is black. God's chosen were not black. Please provide scriptural proof of what you say.
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Wilgrea7(m): 12:26pm On Jul 11, 2017
Immorttal:

historically, Jesus existed.. historians don't deny that.. what comes into question is who he was... if he was really what the Christians claim he was.. actually.. there were tons of texts about him... sarasin made a thread on that... here is the link

what is your belief, its like they are changing for the better. Are you a deist?
i wouldn't classify myself as a deist because i don't reject religious gods.. I'm more of a highly liberal not-so-religious Christian... if there's anything like that

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Wilgrea7(m): 12:31pm On Jul 11, 2017
bennyann:
you mean an after life where there's no hell?

not exactly.. I'm not holding on to the hell mentality.. or heaven mentality. generally.. I'll say we are unsure of what happens after death.. and if there is a heaven or hell, we GENERALLY don't know the nature or criteria.. but i believe you get grouped into your afterlife destination based on your spirit level.. but its just my belief tho

Wish you the best oo. Make sure you don't hide your findings. but be careful along your journey not to sell out your soul.
don't worry.. i won't hide anything.. thanks for your well wishes smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by Wilgrea7(m): 12:33pm On Jul 11, 2017
cc: Horus
your attention here would be appreciated
Re: Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters by bennyann: 5:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
onyenze123:

That passage itself is love, quoting the bible to point out a message is not 419. 419 is to dupe a person.

Do you think I want to dupe your heart? grin

Every fibre of my being is telling me that's your plan grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fearing The Apocalypse, Man Tries To Build His Own Ark / Church Business In Nigeria / Francis Arinze Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.