Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? (1866 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" / Six Set Of People Afraid Of Daddy Freeze / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by Lucario007(m): 11:18am On Jun 28, 2017
When Black folks hear sirens, see flashing lights, or someone yells out “police,” they look around and some just start running- weather they’ve done anything or not. They already know from their past experience with the police nothing good could come from encountering them. The only thing police mean to Black folks is false charges, imprisonment, beat downs and possibly getting shot in the back. But strangely and inexplicably, Black folks don’t run when they hear the name Jesus.

The name of the first slave ships to kidnap Black folks from Africa was the Mother Mary and The Good Ship Jesus. The logo in front of The Good Ship Jesus was two Africans bound back to back. The head of all Christian churches, the Pope, said that your ancestors were infidels and it was the white man’s Christian duty to enslave them and teach them about Jesus Christ. Christians built churches over top of the slave dungeons where Africans were shackled. Every Sunday your great, great, great grandparents would hear them singing hymns to Jesus while many of them lay raped and dying on the dungeon floors. If that were you could you imagine your grandchildren singing about Jesus and telling people he died for them when it was actually you who died for them? Columbus killed millions of the indigenous population here in America; literally telling some of them he was sending them to meet Jesus.

The on again, off again Christian, King James (who Black folks love his Bible so much) was a slave owner; he peddled in Black flesh. Black folks have never understood that the bible wasn’t intended for them and was compiled by all Europeans; no Blacks or Africans were involved. Christian ministers used the Bible to justify their treatment of our great, great grandparents (1Timothy 6:1-5) and told them they should act as the “good book” says. The racist mobs that use to lynch your cousins down south did so in the name of Jesus. These Christian mobs often hung Black men, women and children as soon as Sunday service was over; all in the name of Jesus. Christian televangelist Pat Robertson said Blacks in Haiti were being punished for their slave uprising; basically being punished for refusing to be good Christian slaves.

The pale, white, Christian minister Jim Jones killed more Black people at one time then any other man in modern history. Some of the Black folks were even running around calling him “father” and “dad.” In 1978 out of the 900 people he killed, telling them they were going to be with Jesus, over 700 were Black folks. Jones forced or coerced his followers to drink a sweet, poisonous concoction; hence the term people use today; “drink the Kool-Aid.” And guess what; the majority of people who escaped death that day were all white folks! David Koresh took his Jesus Christ theology to a whole new level. He told his followers that he himself was actually Jesus. And Black folks believed that too. In fact, they believed it so much dozens of Black folks and their children were shot or burned to death right along with him during the 1993 Waco siege.

George W. Bush said he put his faith in Jesus Christ as he sat back and watched all those Black folks starve, drown and die during hurricane Katrina.Christian missionaries who go to Africa in the name of Jesus are still there injecting AIDS, Ebola and other diseases into the unknowing populace. Did you forget, it was a Christian who put Anthrax in your own mailbox? Black folks are extremely reluctant to admit that they have been conned. Instead, they work tirelessly to bring others into their Jesus Christ mindset trying to reassure themselves that white folks are right and their own Black ancestors were wrong; never bothering to research the information for themselves.

Every Sunday your pastor tells you the same thing slave masters of old use to tell their slaves about Jesus. That in of itself seems strange doesn’t it? Why would the slave master give the slave his religion?
Answer: To keep him enslaved.

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by felixomor: 11:26am On Jun 28, 2017
You are criticising christian missionaries, yet you are using their vaccinations and the western education they brought to you.

Even before Europeans dreamt of christianity blacks were already taking the scriptures to Africa to share.

Folks of shallow history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by Lucario007(m): 11:40am On Jun 28, 2017
felixomor:
You are criticising christian missionaries, yet you are using their vaccinations and the western education they brought to you.

Oh yes, because the Christian missionaries brought education and vaccines, it is perfectly acceptable to have allowed them to enslave, rape and abuse the blacks as of the time, and it is perfectly justified that we allow them twist scriptures into demeaning our humanity and making us believe that we are less than humans.

felixomor:

Even before Europeans dreamt of christianity blacks were already taking the scriptures to Africa to share.

Folks of shallow history.

This is the most blatant lie I have heard all week. Where did you even get the impetus to make such a declaration? Do you have ANY proof of this to speak of or are you just someone who tries to sound enlightened?

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by felixomor: 11:51am On Jun 28, 2017
Lucario007:

Oh yes, because the Christian missionaries brought education and vaccines, it is perfectly acceptable to have allowed them to enslave, rape and abuse the blacks as of the time, and it is perfectly justified that we allow them twist scriptures into demeaning our humanity and making us believe that we are less than humans.
Typical black man blame attitude
Nobody enslaved you
It was your ancestors that kidnapped themselves and sold each other into slavery.
But wait by now, I thought you should have abandoned western education, after all Slavery was eradicated hundreds of years back.

Keep blaming white man for your problems.

Lucario007:

This is the most blatant lie I have heard all week. Where did you even get the impetus to make such a declaration? Do you have ANY proof of this to speak of or are you just someone who tries to sound enlightened?

You clearly are ignorant that Egyptians and Ethiopians were among the first set of people to start spreading Christianity to Africa long before even Europe dreamt of it.
The Ethiopian bible is one of the most accurate and complete versions of the bible till date.

Please go and study abeg.
Don't write from shallow history.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by Lucario007(m): 12:09pm On Jun 28, 2017
felixomor:

Typical black man blame attitude
Nobody enslaved you
It was your ancestors that kidnapped themselves and sold each other into slavery.
But wait by now, I thought you should have abandoned western education, after all Slavery was eradicated hundreds of years back.

Keep blaming white man for your problems.

You clearly are ignorant that Egyptians and Ethiopians were among the first set of people to start spreading Christianity to Africa long before even Europe dreamt of it.
The Ethiopian bible is one of the most accurate and complete versions of the bible till date.

Please go and study abeg.
Don't write from shallow history.

Alright, I am not someone above admitting ignorance. I will admit that I was unaware of that fact about the Egyptians and Ethiopians, and I thank you for enlightening me.

However, from what I gathered, the Ethiopians and the Egyptians did not commit the sheer level of slavery and violent acts against humanity that the Whites did.

And what you saying about our ancestors kidnapping themselves and selling each other into slavery, is contradictory with saying no one enslaved us. Africa was enslaved, countless books and depictions will tell you that this happened, we were enslaved by the White race, and you cannot dispute this fact.

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by felixomor: 12:15pm On Jun 28, 2017
Lucario007:

Alright, I am not someone above admitting ignorance. I will admit that I was unaware of that fact about the Egyptians and Ethiopians, and I thank you for enlightening me.

However, from what I gathered, the Ethiopians and the Egyptians did not commit the sheer level of slavery and violent acts against humanity that the Whites did.

And what you saying about our ancestors kidnapping themselves and selling each other into slavery, is contradictory with saying no one enslaved us. Africa was enslaved, countless books and depictions will tell you that this happened, we were enslaved by the White race, and you cannot dispute this fact.

See, I will not want to go into political talk
But it is well known fact that Europeans didn't kidnap slaves themselves
It was our own leaders who sold fellow blacks who they considered as inferior to white men in exchange for salt, guns, mirrors etc

See, you can argue against whites
I don't care.
But don't blame Christianity for our problems.
Even blaming the whites themselves is a poor excuse.

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by hoMegas(m): 12:40pm On Jun 28, 2017

1 Share

Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 28, 2017
Lucario007:

Ethiopian here

• Horn of Africans(Ethiopians, Eritreans, Somalians and Djiboutians) had enslaved their own and other Africans in many millions for themselves and sold some of them to Middle East and other parts of the world with collaborating with Arabs and Ottoman Turks.

• In this region back then, slaves were classified into 2(red slaves and black slaves). Red slaves were light skinned or dark skinned with Caucasian features and they were mostly from:-
- Abyssinia Empire
- Oromos
- Gurages
- Eritreans and
- Adals Sultanate(Somalians, Afars, Hararis and Djiboutians)

• The black slaves were mostly from other African countries and southern Ethiopia and they were dark skinned Negros.

• The magnitude of slave trade in East Africa was larger than West Africa. Atse Tewodros II , Yohannes IV and Menelik II had tried their best to abolish slaverly, but it was only abolished officially in 1920s during Atse Haile Selassie I regin. Even if it was abolished, some Ethiopians and Haile Selassie himself had owned slaves in many thousands.

West Africans that were sold during Atlantic slave trade were mostly sold by collaboration between themselves(tribe rulers) and Europeans. The west Africans themselves captured Africans from other tribes or themselves and sold them to Europeans at the costal areas. If you blame, blame mostly your people than Europeans.
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by Lucario007(m): 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2017
Hati13:

Ethiopian here

• Horn of Africans(Ethiopians, Eritreans, Somalians and Djiboutians) had enslaved their own and other Africans in many millions for themselves and sold some of them to Middle East and other parts of the world with collaborating with Arabs and Ottoman Turks.

• In this region back then, slaves were classified into 2(red slaves and black slaves). Red slaves were light skinned or dark skinned with Caucasian features and they were mostly from:-
- Abyssinia
- Oromos
- Gurages
- Eritreans and
- Adals(Somalians, Afars, Hararis and Djiboutians)

• The black slaves were mostly from other African countries and southern Ethiopia and they were dark skinned Negros.

• The magnitude of slave trade in East Africa wasn't larger than West Africa. Atse Tewodros II , Yohannes IV and Menelik II had tried their best to abolish slaverly, but it was only abolished officially in 1920s during Atse Haile Selassie I regin. Even if it was abolished, some Ethiopians and Haile Selassie himself had owned slaves in many thousands.

West Africans that were sold during Atlantic slave trade were mostly sold by collaboration between themselves(tribe rulers) and Europeans. The west Africans themselves captured Africans from other tribes or themselves and sold them to Europeans at the costal areas. If you blame, blame mostly your people than Europeans.

This.. this is interesting. I am learning quite a lot that I never even knew about before. I thank you for this educative contribution.
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by Aaronsrod: 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2017
At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow. Jesus and the missionaries saved Africa from wickedness and sin yesterday and forever. Let the saviour into your heart and he will save you from all our family curses and blood curses.
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 28, 2017
Lucario007:

This.. this is interesting. I am learning quite a lot that I never even knew about before. I thank you for this educative contribution.
Thanks smiley

I'm also learning more than I can ask for you guys after joining this forum.
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by Wilgrea7(m): 1:44pm On Jun 28, 2017
Lucario007:

Answer: To keep him enslaved.

wow... good points to note... however.. the atrocities committed by the Europeans wasn't what Jesus stood for or came for.. they spread wickedness in his name.. in his translated name.. they used the name of a loving teacher and guide to wreak havoc.. i personally think we should shun the characters of the Europeans... the evil deeds should be shunned.. not the name.. because any name could have been used there . thanks
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 28, 2017
Aaronsrod:
At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow. Jesus and the missionaries saved Africa from wickedness and sin yesterday and forever. Let the saviour into your heart and he will save you from all our family curses and blood curses.
There are no such things as God/gods/Satan/Angels/sprites/heaven/hell/luck/
miracle/written destiny/afterlife

Believe in reason/science cool

Peace! wink

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by Wilgrea7(m): 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2017
felixomor:

Egyptians and Ethiopians?? wow.. i never knew.. please can you help me with links? I'd love to read about it
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2017
Wilgrea7:

Egyptians and Ethiopians?? wow.. i never knew.. please can you help me with links? I'd love to read about it
Not intended to me, but let me tell about Ethiopia.

• Christianity was still present in Axum Kingdom(Eritrea and northern and central Ethiopia) in the 1st century AD, but the Axumites courts weren't Christian that time.

• In mid 4th century, Axumite King Ezana was converted to Christianity by Syrian Christian called "Fremnatos". The official religion of Axum became Christianity and because of this, Ethiopia is the 2nd nation in the world to accept Christianity after Armenia.

• Fremnatos subsequently was appointed by Alexandrian Patriarch "Atenarewos" to be the 1st bishop of Axum.

• at it's peak, Axum Kingdom was among the 4 powerful states alongside East Roman, Persian and China.

• Ethiopia is a Greek word to refer the people south of Ancient Egypt which are Nubians. Ethiopia means "burnt face or black".

• After Axumite King Ezana conquered Mereo(capital city of Nubians), he adopted the name Ethiopia from them and from that time on Ethiopia started only to refer Axumites, Zagwes, Abyssinians and present day Ethiopia itself.

• Soon Christianity started to be spread to central and southern Ethiopia as time goes.

• Ethiopia Orthodox Christianity is unique than other Orthodox Christianity. It's fully called The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church.

• Ethiopia has it's own Alphabet, which is now the only native African Alphabet. Most of our Christianity history and general history had been written. There are many Christianity paintings, architecture achievements in churches and monasteries, Christianity poems, Christianity musics and plays that date back to 6th century AD.

• I'm not a believer, but if you want to know Christianity, you should definitely read Ethiopia Christianity.

- One of the 11 Lalibela monolithic rock-hewn Churches.
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by OtemAtum: 2:27pm On Jun 28, 2017
Wilgrea7:

wow... good points to note... however.. the atrocities committed by the Europeans wasn't what Jesus stood for or came for.. they spread wickedness in his name.. in his translated name.. they used the name of a loving teacher and guide to wreak havoc.. i personally think we should shun the characters of the Europeans... the evil deeds should be shunned.. not the name.. because any name could have been used there . thanks

DOCTUFOS: DOCTUFOS:
Lishius 16: 15-16
15. And cuenca said, if this Krista whom they profess is more of a tool of deception than of truth, why then did he have to die at all?
16. For the deception in the name of this supposed son of god is already more than the truth.
cool

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by Wilgrea7(m): 2:30pm On Jun 28, 2017
Hati13:

Not intended to me, but let me tell about Ethiopia.

• Christianity was still present in Axum Kingdom(Eritrea and northern and central Ethiopia) in the 1st century AD, but the Axumites courts weren't Christian that time.

• In mid 4th century, Axumite King Ezana was converted to Christianity by Syrian Christian called "Fremnatos". The official religion of Axum became Christianity and because of this, Ethiopia is the 2nd nation in the world to accept Christianity after Armenia.

• Fremnatos subsequently was appointed by Alexandrian Patriarch "Atenarewos" to be the 1st bishop of Axum.

• at it's peak, Axum Kingdom was among the 4 powerful states alongside East Roman, Persian and China.

• Ethiopia is a Greek word to refer the people south of Ancient Egypt which are Nubians. Ethiopia means "burnt face or black".

• After Axumite King Ezana conquered Mereo(capital city of Nubians), he adopted the name Ethiopia from them and from that time on Ethiopia started only to refer Axumites, Zagwes, Abyssinians and present day Ethiopia itself.

• Soon Christianity started to be spread to central and southern Ethiopia as time goes.

• Ethiopia Orthodox Christianity is unique than other Orthodox Christianity. It's fully called The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church.

• Ethiopia has it's own Alphabet, which is now the only native African Alphabet. Most of our Christianity history and general history had been written. There are many Christianity paintings, architecture achievements in churches and monasteries, Christianity poems, Christianity musics and plays that date back to 6th century AD.

• I'm not a believer, but if you want to know Christianity, you should definitely read Ethiopia Christianity.

- One of the 11 Lalibela monolithic rock-hewn Churches.

thanks a lot... I'll look into it
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by Wilgrea7(m): 2:34pm On Jun 28, 2017
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by OtemAtum: 2:41pm On Jun 28, 2017
Wilgrea7:

http://30ce.com/prophecies.htm

check this out

I've just done that, but those things are not written in the bible, or are they?

However, there is no doctrine brought to the world without later having different versions which is seen as corruption of the original. Ask Mohammed, his doctrine has different versions now, corrupted. A DOCTUFOS passage address this issue.
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by orisa37: 2:57pm On Jun 28, 2017
They know that they are Black Jesuses themselves.
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by Wilgrea7(m): 3:09pm On Jun 28, 2017
OtemAtum:

I've just done that, but those things are not written in the bible, or are they?

However, there is no doctrine brought to the world without later having different versions which is seen as corruption of the original. Ask Mohammed, his doctrine has different versions now, corrupted. A DOCTUFOS passage address this issue.

what makes you feel the bible has EVERYTHING attributed to Jesus? have you seen sarrasin's thread on the historical Jesus?
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by OtemAtum: 4:04pm On Jun 28, 2017
Wilgrea7:

what makes you feel the bible has EVERYTHING attributed to Jesus? have you seen sarrasin's thread on the historical Jesus?
Give me the link to his thread and the link to the historical website he got his information from.
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:12pm On Jun 28, 2017
christians certainly shouldn't blame the slave traders for doing what their bible said was RIGHT/OK to do

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by Wilgrea7(m): 8:02pm On Jun 28, 2017
OtemAtum:
Give me the link to his thread and the link to the historical website he got his information from.

https://www.nairaland.com/3823066/jesus-nazareth-historical-view
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by analice107: 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2017
Lucario007:

I like your nature. When we have the opportunity to learn, we shd learn without pride.
God bless you.

Christianity has done no one harm. If only we can adhere to its dictates, the world will be the safest place to live.
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by hoMegas(m): 9:30pm On Jun 28, 2017
analice107:

I like your nature. When we have the opportunity to learn, we shd learn without pride.
God bless you.

Christianity has done no one harm. If only we can adhere to its dictates, the world will be the safest place to live.
[s][/s]v

Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by analice107: 9:44pm On Jun 28, 2017
hoMegas:
[s][/s]v
Don't understand pls.
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by hoMegas(m): 9:58pm On Jun 28, 2017
analice107:

I lost my sense pls borrow me some
I see
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by OtemAtum: 10:03pm On Jun 28, 2017
hoMegas:
I see
How many times is the word fear written in the bible?
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by analice107: 10:05pm On Jun 28, 2017
hoMegas:
I see
lol. where did i say i lost my sense?
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by hoMegas(m): 10:10pm On Jun 28, 2017
analice107:

lol. where did i say i lost my sense?
sorry ma'am very impolite of me I wanted to reply someone else.
Re: Why Aren't Black People Afraid Of Jesus? by analice107: 10:14pm On Jun 28, 2017
hoMegas:
sorry ma'am very impolite of me I wanted to reply someone else.
What i don't understand is how my moniker got to be the one saying it.
Were you using my moniker to reply the person?

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Wisdom Is Profitable For Nothing / Prayers Work / Micro Chip Already Being Implanted On Usa Citizen...hmmm End Time Indeed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.