Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions (5177 Views)

Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) / TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) / TECNO Camon 12 Air Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by Behankey(m): 11:24am On Jun 28, 2017
The Camon CX is arguably one of the best Camera phones released in 2017. The excellent camera and the premium design are some of its great features. For those who aren’t in the know, the Camon CX is not alone, there is the Camon CX Air and they both belong to the same Camon series. The Camon CX Air is the one we shall be Unboxing. It’s sleek, solidly built and yet very light.

For all the handsome kings and beautiful queens who love taking amazing and beautiful selfies, meet the Camon CX Air as we unwrap it in full glory.

Right on the box there is a sticker telling you that you are entitled to a free Etisalat and MTN data upon activation. If you ask me, that is a bonus considering the current cost of data.

Quick Specs of the Camon CX Air

Display : 5.5-inch HD (IPS)
Processor : 1.3GHz Quad-core (MT6750T)
Opereating System: Android 7.0 Nougat / HiOS
Storage: 2GB RAM /16GB Storage /External storage up to 128GB
Camera: 13MP rear Camera with Dual-flash / 13MP front Camera with flash
Network: 2G, 3G,4G LTE (up to 150Mbps )
Fingerprint Sensor : Yes (Rear)
Battery: 3200mAh with Fast Charging

The device is housed in a black rectangular box having the inscription of the phone name on both sides. There is also a moisture -resistant nylon wrapped around the box giving the box a neater package.

You also have a quality Assurance seal at the left side of the box-telling you not to accept the package if it’s broken. Well, you may have to look out for this seal when making a buying decision.

Opening the box reveals the usual accessories you will find in TECNO packages. It is a fully accessorized package to be honest. A unit of power cable, USB cable, lovely smart case, user guide, Sim ejector tool and pair of earphones.

A unit of power cable

USB cable

Lovely smart case

User guide

SIM ejector tool

Pair of earphones

The device with some key features written on it

There are transparent protectors at the front and back of the phone. You have to remove both, interestingly, TECNO also included a screen protector on the front panel. This is to protect the screen from accidental scratches.

The 3.5mm audio jack is positioned at the top of the phone for easy access.

Flanked visibly in between the speaker grills and the noise cancellation microphone is the USB port at the bottom of the device.

At the right side of the phone, you have the Dual SIM tray where you will insert your SIM cards (Micro SIM + Micro SIM), the volume controller and the power buttons.

The Dual SIM Tray.

The Camon CX Air also has a space for MicroSD Card. This is where you will insert your memory card. The device can take up to 128GB of external storage. I like the fact that TECNO included this feature to serve as additional storage for videos and pictures.

The back houses the 13MP camera, the dual LED flash and the fingerprint scanner. The fingerprint scanner double as a camera button and also for locking and unlocking the phone

Overall, the design of the Camon CX Air speaks premium, it’s sleek and light in the hands. It doesn’t look cheap at all. The beautiful pouch, great camera, good battery life, and the fact that all accessories are included will go a long in making a buying decision. The Camon CX Air currently retails for around N50,000 and can be purchased in all TECNO’s Exclusive and Retail outlets in Nigeria.

Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by eezeribe(m): 11:25am On Jun 28, 2017
Tecno simply recycles old stuffs and dumps in the consumer nation.
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by Behankey(m): 11:27am On Jun 28, 2017
......The Tecno CX Air is a better and viable deputy to the Camon CX. Tecno Mobile has tagged it the CX's Cousin.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by Abdstrakt(m): 11:38am On Jun 28, 2017
What is the difference between this and the CX sef?
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 28, 2017
Looks more like the Camon CX

1 Like

Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by beinstein(m): 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2017
Abdstrakt:
-Cx air =13mp cameras, both front and back, while cx is 16mp front and back.
- the processors are not the same. Cx is 1.5GHz while cx air on the other hand is 1.3GHz.
- 4G network bands ain't the same. Cx supports Glo 4G network but cx air doesn't.
Those are the differences i could think of now.
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by dejiWEST: 12:07pm On Jun 28, 2017
Looks very much like the Camon Cx tbh, I think someone will have to tell me the obvious differences.
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by tafat: 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2017
Abdstrakt:
There is a lot difference
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by Ennyholar: 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2017
Last time I saw this beautiful baby ,it was at Slot somewhere in Ikeja
She was elegant ,classy and looking like her cousin the Camon CX. I wanted to take her home but my best friend ( my pocket) called me back.
I hope to see you soon..
Dear Camon CX Air smiley

1 Like

Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by omoalajah(m): 1:40pm On Jun 28, 2017
the price and some features too
Abdstrakt:
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by datyorubaboy: 2:12pm On Jun 28, 2017
see this man o
Ennyholar:
She was elegant ,classy and looking like her cousin the Camon CX. I wanted to take her home but my best friend ( my pocket) called me back.
I hope to see you soon..
Dear Camon CX Air smiley
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by missslimzy(f): 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2017
Funny man
Ennyholar:
I hope to see you soon..
Dear Camon CX Air smiley
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by Jaculze(m): 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2017
Nice one. This phone is quite affordable. I like this.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by tafat: 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2017
Ennyholar:
I hope to see you soon..
Dear Camon CX Air smiley

Lol, good thinking good product
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by Ejadike(m): 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2017
eezeribe:
I created a thread about very good phones with good cameras but they are very expensive, trust Nigerians na they will always complain that how many Nigerians can get those phones which I know you'll also be amongst those that will complain. Now tecno brought out good phones that one can afford instead you're complaining. What kinda phone do you use by the way bros? I'll consider your reviews sensible if you don't use any MTK phones.
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by FellaL: 6:19pm On Jun 28, 2017
does Samsung do anything different?

eezeribe:
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by sammylee002(m): 7:38pm On Jun 28, 2017
wow!!! i really love dis fone . plz hw much did u get it...
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by daremarvell: 7:48pm On Jun 28, 2017
Check out the full Unboxing review here https://www.phonecorridor.com/2017/06/camon-cx-air-unboxing/
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by gabe: 8:03pm On Jun 28, 2017
embarassed embarassed
beinstein:

- the processors are not the same. Cx is 1.5GHz while cx air on the other hand is 1.3GHz.
- 4G network bands ain't the same. Cx supports Glo 4G network but cx air doesn't.
so no glo 10gb for 2500 for this beauty? embarassed
beinstein:

so no glo 10gb for 2500 for this beauty?
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by FellaL: 9:30pm On Jun 28, 2017
That free etisalat and mtn stuff on the pack, I've never been opportune to win that stuff. I don't know if it's just me or that stuff is a scam.
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by Queentito(f): 8:34am On Jun 29, 2017
Ennyholar:
I hope to see you soon..
Dear Camon CX Air smiley

Loool, you wish but your bank akant is not in support grin
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by Queentito(f): 8:37am On Jun 29, 2017
Ejadike:
I created a thread about very good phones with good cameras but they are very expensive, trust Nigerians na they will always complain that how many Nigerians can get those phones which I know you'll also be amongst those that will complain. Now tecno brought out good phones that one can afford instead you're complaining. What kinda phone do you use by the way bros? I'll consider your reviews sensible if you don't use any MTK phones.

You dey mind the Bros? People like him are all talks and no jobs, even the so called recycled phones he might not be able to afford
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by Abdstrakt(m): 6:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
beinstein:

Oh well. It's like a toned down version. At least if one can't afford the CX then the CX Air can be a worthy substitute.
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by Abdstrakt(m): 7:26pm On Jun 29, 2017
beinstein:

O well. It's like a toned down version. At least if one can't afford the CX then the CX Air can be a worthy substitute.
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by Behankey(m): 7:38pm On Jun 29, 2017
eezeribe:
How do you mean? I think they've been improving over the years. Their latest phones depicts that.
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by Techm8: 12:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
Behankey:
How do you mean? I think they've been improving over the years. Their latest phones depicts that.
Totally agree. I've used the camon c9( a real peach of a phone) for a bit, and I currently use the Camon CX and​ you can clearly see there is a massive improvement.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by Abdstrakt(m): 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
How will they not improve when there's competition everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by Behankey(m): 9:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
Techm8:

Totally agree. I've used the camon c9( a real peach of a phone) for a bit, and I currently use the Camon CX and​ you can clearly see there is a massive improvement.
And one can only expect them not to relax. And keep on being the Tecno that people love.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by Freelancerx: 3:05am On Jul 02, 2017
Seen the Camon CX and I can say there is limited differences between the two. The Air looks nice.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by Freelancerx: 3:07am On Jul 02, 2017
sammylee002:
wow!!! i really love dis fone . plz hw much did u get it...
Should be around 48k now.
Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by Behankey(m): 8:27am On Jul 02, 2017
dejiWEST:
Looks very much like the Camon Cx tbh, I think someone will have to tell me the obvious differences.
The cameras are different. CX is 16mp while the CX Air is 13mp and the flashlight at the back is designed differently too. Those are the physical differences

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Camon CX Air - Unboxing And First Impressions by Behankey(m): 8:31am On Jul 02, 2017
FellaL:
That free etisalat and mtn stuff on the pack, I've never been opportune to win that stuff. I don't know if it's just me or that stuff is a scam.
Not a scam. For the etisalat own sha. Don't trust MTN. In think Tecno and Infinix phones have a pin inside the pack, this is what you'll use to get the free data stuff.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Camon CM Vs Oukitel C8; Which One Is Better ? / . / You Can Send Unlimited Free Sms To All Network Using Either Etisalat,mtn Or Glo.call Me To Get The C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.