Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,932 members, 7,806,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert (32559 Views)

The True State Of The Enugu International Airport - Eze Pee-Cee Shares Photos / Woman Survived As Trailer Crushed Their Car Along Ikpoba Slope, Benin City. VID / Woman Survived This Ghastly Accident With Just A Scratched Toe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by DrinosBlog: 12:08pm On Jun 28, 2017
Adoara (not real name) the Nigerian woman who survived 10 days in Sahara Desert

The International Organization for Migration said it rescued no fewer than 600 people since April 2017 through a new search and rescue operation that targeted migrants stranded in Sahara Desert.

A 22-year-old Nigerian woman attempting to migrate into Europe via the harsh Sahara Desert survived after being abandoned by traffickers for 10 days.

The International Organisation for Migration said the woman, given the nickname Adoara, was the only female among the survivors of a rescue mission on May 28.

“She left Nigeria in early April hoping for a better future in Europe.

There were 50 migrants on the pick-up truck when it left Agadez for Libya, but only six are still alive today,” Giuseppe Loprete, Niger Chief of Mission for IOM, said.

Recounting her ordeal, the Nigerian survivor said: “We were in the desert for 10 days. After five days, the driver abandoned us.

“He left with all of our belongings, saying he was going to pick us up in a couple of hours, but he never did,” she recalled.

During the next two days, 44 of the migrants died which persuaded the six left to start walking to look for help. “We had to drink our own pee to survive,” said the woman now in an IOM camp in Niamey, Niger.

She had left Nigeria with two close female friends, who both died in the desert.

“They were too weak to keep going,” she sadly remembers. “We buried a few, but there were just too many to bury and we didn’t have the strength to do it,” Adaora adds. “I couldn’t walk anymore. I wanted to give up,” she recalls.

Two other migrants carried her until a truck driver picked them up and took them to local authorities who then alerted IOM staff in Dirkou in the Agadez Region of north-eastern Niger.

By the time the six survivors reached IOM’s transit centre in Dirkou, Adaora was unconscious.

She received medical assistance, and once recovered, she gave a detailed account of her experience to both the authorities and IOM staff. Two of the other migrants from the group went back with IOM staff and the authorities to find the bodies and identify the victims.

After having received medical assistance at IOM’s transit centres in both Dirkou and Agadez, Adaora is currently recovering at IOM’s transit centre for migrants in Niamey, awaiting her imminent voluntary return to Nigeria.

Adaora says she had no idea what the route was going to be like, otherwise she would have never left Nigeria.

Going back, she wants to continue her work as a nurse. “I think it’s important we all assist each other when we are in need,” she says.

The International Organization for Migration (IOM) said it rescued no fewer than 600 people since April 2017 through a new search and rescue operation that targeted migrants stranded in Sahara Desert.

The UN migration agency, however, regretted 52 migrants, mostly from The Gambia, Nigeria, Senegal and Cote d’Ivoire, died over the period, according to its statement on Tuesday.

“We are enhancing our capacity to assist vulnerable migrants stranded in Northern Agadez, towards the Niger-Libya border.

“Saving lives in the desert is becoming more urgent than ever.

“Since the beginning of the year we have been receiving frequent calls to rescue victims who embark on this route,” Giuseppe Loprete, Niger Chief of Mission for IOM, said.

On June 9, another 92 migrants were also rescued through an IOM search and rescue operation; among them were 30 women and children.

More recently, 24 migrants were taken to Seguedine, where one died on arrival.

“Among the 23 survivors are migrants from Gambia, Nigeria, Senegal and Cote d’Ivoire. It was not clear for how long they had been walking in the deserts of central Niger.

“They had been in a group of 75 migrants in three different cars, eventually abandoned by smugglers during the journey north,” Loprete said.

IOM said it had recorded 52 deaths since it launched a new project “Migrants Rescue and Assistance in Agadez Region” (MIRAA) in April.

The project will last for 12 months, and aims to ensure the protection of migrants in hard-to-reach areas while also strengthening the management of migration by the Government of Niger, it said.

MIRAA is complementary to the larger initiative “Migrant Resource and Response Mechanism” (MRRM), which aims to bring together in one mechanism a wide range of services and assistance for migrants, including assisted voluntary return to their countries of origin and reintegration once they return.
-NAN

Seun Mynd44 Lalasticlala Dominique Fynestboi Ijebabe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by DrinosBlog: 12:09pm On Jun 28, 2017
Source; http://drinosblog..co.ke/2017/06/sad-i-drank-my-own-pee-to-survive-how.html

Seun Mynd44
Lalasticlala Dominique Fynestboi Ijebabe

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by auntysimbiat(f): 12:18pm On Jun 28, 2017
damn

1 Like

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by ugofr(f): 12:20pm On Jun 28, 2017
ego mbute.... when dem go dey show you map, u go think say e easy.. u don see ur life now

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by Tolexander: 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2017
Who sent her?

8 Likes

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by GameGod(m): 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2017
angry
Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 28, 2017
Ehya
Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by Oyindidi(f): 12:33pm On Jun 28, 2017
You are lucky to be alive

7 Likes

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by Chidexter(m): 12:34pm On Jun 28, 2017
The struggle is real, that was how a girl travelled to kano and then to Cameroon and off they went on a boat to Italy. She was quite fortunate and her parents thought she was missing, they set sail on September 2016 and arrived around February 2017.

She placed a call back to Nigeria, you needed to see how relieved everyone was. So please dear Nigerians, endeavour to know the steps those close to you are taking some missing people might actually have preplanned motives

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by Evablizin(f): 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2017
Kai,thank God una even see pee to drink,the person i'm seeing in that pix nah the woman be that?

6 Likes

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by NairalandCS(m): 1:36pm On Jun 28, 2017
Who send her message ? angry
Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2017
Bless ur soul young lady. The hustle to go get a greener pasture is real

4 Likes

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by themonk(m): 3:35pm On Jun 28, 2017
nwamaikpe what do you have to say about this one?

boys that give mouth action should not even pretend now undecided

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by Edopesin: 3:36pm On Jun 28, 2017
Ayanma !!!!

Why I Con Dey Swallow My Spit Na

1 Like

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by SeniorZato(m): 3:36pm On Jun 28, 2017
Wao
Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by GeneralOjukwu: 3:37pm On Jun 28, 2017
HIM / HER? shocked

That looks like a man to me
Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by hucienda: 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2017
All to get to Italy.
Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by Prebaby93(f): 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2017
it's really sad.. if only this girls will hear word.. there is nothing over there that you cannot get in your country..the other day I saw people packed into a rubber boat with few months old children..corpse were like doormat...It's well

3 Likes

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2017
Without telling me I know she is going there for prostitution.just thank God you are alive.

6 Likes

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by ipobarecriminals: 3:43pm On Jun 28, 2017
sadwetin she find go there
Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by aieromon(m): 3:43pm On Jun 28, 2017
She was lucky, very lucky
Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by TheEminentLaity: 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2017
Nothing there, she must be a learner that doesn't know that Muslims enjoy drinking camel piss.

1 Like

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by BUSHHUNTER: 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2017
I once wanna embark on this kinda journey exactly 10years ago, my folks and I already got a map from a friend in Morocco... Mehn! That sh!t is not funny.

Thank God for my life now.
grin

7 Likes

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by whizzyleejr(m): 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2017
Sorry ehn, what happened is part of illegal travelling consequence
Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by Pavore9: 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2017
It is not as if they pay little money to those traffickers! angry

1 Like

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by Albert0011(m): 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2017
This is how we lost my hommie "kush baba"...i dnt knw whether he is still alive or not.3 yrs nw nd its still counting.

7 Likes

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by gozzlin: 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2017
Idiots. That's what all these people who travel through the Sahara desert are. What kinda condition in Nigeria will compel a supposedly sane human being to elect to travel to Europe through the Sahara desert, despite all the perils associated with such a journey and the tales of sorrow emanating from such journeys which we hear daily on the news?

Some people are hopelessly stupid and beyond redemption. They will never listen to wise counsel. They only learn their bitter lesson and become sober after they have gone through the harrowing experience first-hand. This m0ron featured in this story even had a job as a nurse in Nigeria, yet chose to make the ill-fated trip to Europe through the Sahara desert in search of a better life that has eluded most Africans in Europe. Those in Europe have realized it is all a Mirage and are coming home, while those here are desperate to get there. Africans are just the most dim-witted class of humans created by God.

Go home fool and sin no more

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by curvilicious: 3:48pm On Jun 28, 2017
Wetin u go find for desert? You be Arab?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by ItsawrapOutfit: 3:48pm On Jun 28, 2017
See Morocco, see Spain adventure smiley
Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by oshe11: 3:48pm On Jun 28, 2017
Before Nkor

Abi she doesnt knw it is MEDICINAL

UNA SEE WETIN BUHARI CAUSE
Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by Juve4(m): 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2017
hmmmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Drank My Own Pee To Survive - Abandoned Woman Survived 10 Days In Desert by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 28, 2017
Am sure there's a man behind this woman suffering.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Without National ID Card Won’t Get Travel Passports, Says NIMC / Couple Came Out Unharmed From This Accident On Their Way From Abuja. Photos / As Seen On Kakande Road Enroute Ajah This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.