Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Today I Renounce Athiesm - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today I Renounce Athiesm (2812 Views)

Dawkins Is Wrong! The Fastest Growing Religion Is Athiesm, Souls are Perishing! / Beware, Athiesm Can Lead You To Kill Yourself / See why athiesm is a device of the devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today I Renounce Athiesm by jonbellion(m): 6:39pm On Jun 28, 2017
No for real guys atheism is too dismissive
I still think religion is bullshit but to rule out the possibility of a higher force or something that we have yet to understand is just total bull man
"I don't know but is certainly can't be a celestial being" is already contradictory. If you don't know how would you then know it's not a celestial being( note I'm not using religious representations of a diety cuz they are still shit as usual. I know some atheists don't think this way anyway but to the ones that read Lawrence Krauss book trying to explain how the universe came out of nothing or pseudo -philosopher Richard Dawkins( I have a lot of respect for the man btw but he sucks balls at philosophical arguments cheesy) and start using them as your creed then you need to change that herd mentality cuz you aren't in any war better then the sheeple religious people you criticise. These constant daily arguments between athiests and thiests are pointless because in the end no one is changing sides. You can get along fine with religious people. I mean I know some can be judgemental and all but you still meet a lot of good honest religious people. And it is a useful tool imagine a world without religion. How would you tell the average Nigerian market woman who is a single mom working 9 to 5 shifts so her children can at least get an education in a shitty country like this that there is no God . I wouldn't see anything wrong with a lot of christians going on a murderous rampage to execute all the Sunni and shite Muslims in the country if they find out religion is a lie
In the end I think all I'm trying to say is live and let live. If this was the mantra of humanity the world would be a better place than it is now.

4 Likes

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by jonbellion(m): 6:40pm On Jun 28, 2017
Agnosticism kiss
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by Omexonomy: 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2017
jonbellion:
Agnosticism kiss
seun ur fellow soldier at ard is now thinking properly again
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 28, 2017
grin grin grin

To the Muslim, you're still an infidel

To the Christian, you're still a heathen

To the Jew, you remain a Goyim cheesy

On a serious note though, we're still in pretty much the same camp. As far as the Abrahamic deity goes, you remain an atheist. Agnostic atheism is still atheism. I respect your decision, anyways. When I opened the thread, I was expecting to read something else. That's quite a surprise, since this isn't a significant change.

There are few atheists who dismiss the possibility of a supreme being, though. The stand of most atheists is that there's no evidence. Or have you ever made this statement before, "Although I don't know, it certainly can't be a celestial being"?

2 Likes

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 28, 2017
Agnostic Atheism?

1 Like

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by jonbellion(m): 7:58pm On Jun 28, 2017
LightandDarkness:
Agnostic Atheism?
do we really need labels?
I am a human!

5 Likes

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by lepasharon(f): 8:07pm On Jun 28, 2017
I thought you were agnostic anyway
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by jonbellion(m): 8:13pm On Jun 28, 2017
lepasharon:
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by jonbellion(m): 8:13pm On Jun 28, 2017
lepasharon:
lol
I am only agnostic
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by jonbellion(m): 8:14pm On Jun 28, 2017
Zandha:
grin grin grin

To the Muslim, you're still an infidel

To the Christian, you're still a heathen

To the Jew, you remain a Goyim cheesy

On a serious note though, we're still in pretty much the same camp. As far as the Abrahamic deity goes, you remain an atheist. Agnostic atheism is still atheism. I respect your decision, anyways. When I opened the thread, I was expecting to read something else. That's quite a surprise, since this isn't a significant change.

There are few atheists who dismiss the possibility of a supreme being, though. The stand of most atheists is that there's no evidence. Or have you ever made this statement before, "Although I don't know, it certainly can't be a celestial being"?
well too me they remain unenlightened
But hey that's why variety is the spice of life cheesy
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by lepasharon(f): 8:18pm On Jun 28, 2017
jonbellion:
lol
I am only agnostic

So you renounce being an agnostic atheist?
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by mrmrmister: 8:20pm On Jun 28, 2017
I'm an Atheist with an open Mind
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by Aaronsrod: 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2017
jonbellion:
I am a human!

First step but you are still unsaved.

Repent and accept Jesus or fire awaits you in eternity!

Choose well.
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by spacetacular(f): 8:41pm On Jun 28, 2017
jonbellion:
I still think religion is bullshit but to rule out the possibility of a higher force or something that we have yet to understand is just total bull man
"I don't know but is certainly can't be a celestial being" is already contradictory. If you don't know how would you then know it's not a celestial being( note I'm not using religious representations of a diety cuz they are still shit as usual. I know some atheists don't think this way anyway but to the ones that read Lawrence Krauss book trying to explain how the universe came out of nothing or pseudo -philosopher Richard Dawkins( I have a lot of respect for the man btw but he sucks balls at philosophical arguments cheesy) and start using them as your creed then you need to change that herd mentality cuz you aren't in any war better then the sheeple religious people you criticise. These constant daily arguments between athiests and thiests are pointless because in the end no one is changing sides. You can get along fine with religious people. I mean I know some can be judgemental and all but you still meet a lot of good honest religious people. And it is a useful tool imagine a world without religion. How would you tell the average Nigerian market woman who is a single mom working 9 to 5 shifts so her children can at least get an education in a shitty country like this that there is no God . I wouldn't see anything wrong with a lot of christians going on a murderous rampage to execute all the Sunni and shite Muslims in the country if they find out religion is a lie
In the end I think all I'm trying to say is live and let live. If this was the mantra of humanity the world would be a better place than it is now.

So you now choose to be an agnostic. In other words from being an atheist you now believe there is "some Kind of God" but nobody can really know His nature or kind of existence.

You are just one more step away from the truth. I was an atheist (of some sort) earlier in my life. Well I was not a God lover or even remotely interested in anything about him until He melted my heart and won me over the very first time I actually chose to listen to His word through my colleague.

Why not make a true and definitive move rather than still sitting on the fence. I did that and I am better for it.

Hello and good evening to you.

2 Likes

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 28, 2017
jonbellion:
I am a human!

True I don't think we do. I have come to realise debates about religious most of the time are pointless, sometimes you learn a lot, other times it's just a back and forth of usually the same ideas....Anyway, does this mean your belief in the existence of a god/creator is "stronger" now than previously? What brought about this change?
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by malvisguy212: 10:41pm On Jun 28, 2017
I am very happy for you op, you don't need religion, what you need is a personal relationship with God.

God exist and Jesus has made Him known to us.
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:51pm On Jun 28, 2017
mrmrmister:

of course, and we have married Barchelors

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by hahn(m): 11:07pm On Jun 28, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

And people who believe in talking snakes are sane smiley

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by ifenes(m): 11:12pm On Jun 28, 2017
A personal relationship with yourself is vital. Religion teaches you to worship God, Atheism tells you there isn't a God, but the question both fail to ask is "Who am I ?" A careful understanding of yourself will point you to a beautiful direction. Know yourself is the key to life itself. Religion says it's all about God, but who exactly is God? God is no other person but yourself. the term " God" will never go away until humans understand it's true meaning.

Unfortunately, a lot of Atheists on nairaland themselves bunch of brainwashed thugs who base their beliefs on 18th centuries science books. They are themselves indoctrinated by primitive science

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by OtemAtum: 11:40pm On Jun 28, 2017
ifenes:
A personal relationship with yourself is vital. Religion teaches you to worship God, Atheism tells you there isn't a God, but the question both fail to ask is "Who am I ?" A careful understanding of yourself will point you to a beautiful direction. Know yourself is the key to life itself. Religion says it's all about God, but who exactly is God? God is no other person but yourself. the term " God" will never go away until humans understand it's true meaning.

I love this comment.

1 Like

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by OtemAtum: 11:45pm On Jun 28, 2017
@Op, it is good you are switching belief. However, there will come to a point in your life when you will stop switching and stay on onr thing-yourself. When you start studying yourself, you have discovered God. God is not a sky daddy. God is you and me in manifestation.

I am a god(a very conscious part of GOD) and I have the power to cage and uncage some bad gods who have caged the brains of my people.
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 29, 2017
jonbellion:
so what do you conclude? are you willing to become religious? If not my brother, I will you should be a Christian. It' not just religion sake but salvation sake. Are u willing? It's a choice. Thank God a part of darkness is unveiled....
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by ftechclass: 1:27am On Jun 29, 2017
Why atheist are far better is that,,,,

No atheist here has said "JONBELLION was never an atheist".

Supposing he switched from Christianity to ATHEISM OR AGNOSTISM, likes of Ebuka & co would have been chanting "ALTERNATE IDs"

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by Amberon11: 2:07am On Jun 29, 2017
Lol
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by realmindz: 6:30am On Jun 29, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

And we have a descendant of Noah
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by sonofluc1fer: 6:37am On Jun 29, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

It's Bachelors.

BTW sarcasm isn't your forte. wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by sonofluc1fer: 6:40am On Jun 29, 2017
Aaronsrod:

First step but you are still unsaved.

Repent and accept Jesus or fire awaits you in eternity!

Choose well.
Listen to this guy.

Else everlasting fire awaits you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by sonofluc1fer: 6:41am On Jun 29, 2017
Btw, how does one renounce atheism? Lots of bleeped up minds here. Find who you are before finding labels. Renounce atheism my arse.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by kevoh(m): 6:47am On Jun 29, 2017
I was expecting something​ really different . Agnostic atheists (forming majority of Nairaland atheists) are still regarded as atheists on Nairaland, even Christians that are sincere like Wilgrea are quickly tagged atheists! undecided Any counter opinion without a hint of Islam, gbam you are tagged atheist! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by hopefulLandlord: 6:48am On Jun 29, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Btw, how does one renounce atheism? Lots of bleeped up minds here. Find who you are before finding labels. Renounce atheism my arse.. grin

lol
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by sonofluc1fer: 6:52am On Jun 29, 2017
kevoh:
I was expecting something​ really different . Agnostic atheists (forming majority of Nairaland atheists) are still regarded as atheists on Nairaland, even Christians that are sincere like Wilgrea are quickly tagged atheists! undecided Any counter opinion without a hint of Islam, gbam you are tagged atheist! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
He's confused, I think. His head says 'no God' , his mind says 'could be'.

1 Like

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by ModusOperandi(f): 7:25am On Jun 29, 2017
mrmrmister:
Isn't this contradictory. You're an atheist but you believe there might be God?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Many Nigerian Pastors Are Gay--bishop Ighele / Can We Form A Prayer Group Or Partners / Chai !!! See What Aboki Did To This Woman On New Year Day.see Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.