Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Today I Renounce Athiesm - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today I Renounce Athiesm (2811 Views)

Dawkins Is Wrong! The Fastest Growing Religion Is Athiesm, Souls are Perishing! / Beware, Athiesm Can Lead You To Kill Yourself / See why athiesm is a device of the devil (2) (3) (4)

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by CoolUsername: 7:39am On Jun 29, 2017
ModusOperandi:
Isn't this contradictory. You're an atheist but you believe there might be God?

How? Atheism is simply a lack of belief in the existence of God. Most atheists that are on this forum don't believe 100% that God doesn't exist.
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by ModusOperandi(f): 7:55am On Jun 29, 2017
CoolUsername:

How? Atheism is simply a lack of belief in the existence of God..
How then can he have an open mind. How can you be an atheist and not be sure. Don't make sense to me
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by jonbellion(m): 8:38am On Jun 29, 2017
Aaronsrod:

First step but you are still unsaved.

Repent and accept Jesus or fire awaits you in eternity!

Choose well.
you wont escape the muslim hell smiley
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by jonbellion(m): 8:43am On Jun 29, 2017
LightandDarkness:

True I don't think we do. I have come to realise debates about religious most of the time are pointless, sometimes you learn a lot, other times it's just a back and forth of usually the same ideas....Anyway, does this mean your belief in the existence of a god/creator is "stronger" now than previously? What brought about this change?
well I would just say I am an agnostic. we can't know if there is a creator or not at the moment. The cause of existence can't be know at the moment but it won't be wise to use irrefutable methodology and act like we know it all like religion and at the same time be completely dismissive about it like atheism
Two sides of the same coin
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by jonbellion(m): 8:46am On Jun 29, 2017
malvisguy212:
I am very happy for you op, you don't need religion, what you need is a personal relationship with God.

God exist and Jesus has made Him known to us.
what makes you so sure of this?
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by jonbellion(m): 8:48am On Jun 29, 2017
ModusOperandi:
you watched Mary Poppins?
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by jonbellion(m): 8:50am On Jun 29, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

He's confused, I think. His head says 'no God' , his mind says 'could be'.
No I just say it's improbable. Were can't know at the moment so it's pointless to be disnissive about the idea of God entirely. Note that I'm not talking about religous gods in any way
Those ones are still scam cheesy
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by Edenoscar(m): 9:03am On Jun 29, 2017
jonbellion:
No I just say it's improbable. Were can't know at the moment so it's pointless to be disnissive about the idea of God entirely. Note that I'm not talking about religous gods in any way

this people no go kill me.
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by malvisguy212: 9:24am On Jun 29, 2017
jonbellion:
what makes you so sure of this?
I have had a personal relationship with God, I have encounter God, on many occasions, I have dreams and this dreams have come to past.

I dream, an atheist will renounced atheism, I told pleatt-on, maby it him, but I never told him it was a dream. here, today, you, an atheist renounced atheism.
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by ftechclass: 9:37am On Jun 29, 2017
The above poster me is mad gaan.

Joseph the dreamer
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 29, 2017
malvisguy212:
I have had a personal relationship with God, I have encounter God, on many occasions, I have dreams and this dreams have come to past.

I dream, an atheist will renounced atheism, I told pleatt-on, maby it him, but I never told him it was a dream. here, today, you, an atheist renounced atheism.

Lol surely at least one other atheist has "renounced" atheism somewhere in the world. With such a nonspecific dream why wouldn't it come to be.

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by ModusOperandi(f): 9:58am On Jun 29, 2017
jonbellion:
you watched Mary Poppins?
nah
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by jonbellion(m): 9:58am On Jun 29, 2017
malvisguy212:

but your religion is still bull. I'm still an unbeliever and to some people I am still an atheist
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by sonofluc1fer: 11:10am On Jun 29, 2017
malvisguy212:
I have had a personal relationship with God, .
You have a personal relationship with God, the one who created the universe, all he could tell you was he was about to get a new believer?
undecided undecided undecided

Get dafuq outta here...

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by swegiedon(m): 11:37am On Jun 29, 2017
OtemAtum:
@Op, it is good you are switching belief. However, there will come to a point in your life when you will stop switching and stay on onr thing-yourself. When you start studying yourself, you have discovered God. God is not a sky daddy. God is you and me in manifestation.

I am a god(a very conscious part of GOD) and I have the power to cage and uncage some bad gods who have caged the brains of my people.
for ye are gods

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by frank317: 11:39am On Jun 29, 2017
malvisguy212:

U just made a huge mockery of this ur God. U just talked about yourself and Ur wish and u say it's God talking to u.
Can u please ask God when u are going to die? It's time Ur God stops telling irrelevant things.

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by mrmrmister: 12:10pm On Jun 29, 2017
ModusOperandi:

I don't believe in God because I haven't SEEN any CONCRETE evidence.

Or

I don't believe in a God.
But I have very limited knowledge of the universe.
So I don't know for sure that there isn't "A God"

Note: "a God" isn't the God of any religion.
I'm 100% atheistic towards all religions.

I'm on a quest for TRUTH. cool
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by malvisguy212: 12:23pm On Jun 29, 2017
jonbellion:
but your religion is still bull. I'm still an unbeliever and to some people I am still an atheist
it get easier.
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by malvisguy212: 12:29pm On Jun 29, 2017
jonbellion:
I never say an atheist become a believer, I say an atheist renounced atheism.
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by Deicide: 12:38pm On Jun 29, 2017
In a country like Nigeria.........
Am a Christian when it'll play to my advantage
Am a Muslim when it'll play to my advantage
Am an Atheist
But most importantly am Human

Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by Deicide: 12:46pm On Jun 29, 2017
ModusOperandi:
How then can he have an open mind. How can you be an atheist and not be sure. Don't make sense to me
[img]https://2.bp..com/_MDZPs8ROJXE/TNx7UFqbaII/AAAAAAAAB9M/XDfxPwyBVpA/s1600/Gnostic_Agnostic_Atheist.png[/img]
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by CoolUsername: 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2017
ModusOperandi:

There are different kinds of atheism and theism. Gnostic theism, agnostic theism, gnostic atheism and agnostic atheism. To be gnostic means to be 100% sure while to be agnostic means to be less than 100% sure. Most atheists are agnostic. So it is very possible for an atheist to be open-minded.
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by CoolUsername: 12:55pm On Jun 29, 2017
jonbellion:

So, let me get this straight. Do you think that the probabilities of God existing and not existing are equal?
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by malvisguy212: 1:12pm On Jun 29, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

You have a personal relationship with God, the one who created the universe, all he could tell you was he was about to get a new believer?
undecided undecided undecided

Get dafuq outta here...
yeah, that's show how important a believer is to Him, in fact the heavenly host rejoic over the repentance of ONE sinner.
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by jonbellion(m): 3:07pm On Jun 29, 2017
CoolUsername:

So, let me get this straight. Do you think that the probabilities of God existing and not existing are equal?
yeah you can say that smiley
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by wiegraf: 3:18pm On Jun 29, 2017
Op, describe this celestial being that we cannot dismiss abeg
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by sonofluc1fer: 3:33pm On Jun 29, 2017
wiegraf:
Op, describe this celestial being that we cannot dismiss abeg
Yay.
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by wiegraf: 3:35pm On Jun 29, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Yay.

Sah! I dey greet
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by Mujtahida: 3:51pm On Jun 29, 2017
What has most probably happened through the recent religions is a gross falsification of God.
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by CAPSLOCKED: 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2017
Aaronsrod:

First step but you are still unsaved.
Repent and accept Jesus or fire awaits you in eternity!
Choose well.

REPENT! OR END UP IN ODIN'S POT OF STEW! cheesy
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by dalaman: 4:50pm On Jun 29, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

of course, and we have married Barchelors

Your God is one.
Re: Today I Renounce Athiesm by An2elect2(f): 5:39pm On Jun 29, 2017
When you become a Christian I will rejoice with you for now you are still as lost as the "pope" grin

Why Did Wise King Solomon Marry 700 Wives?(photo) / The 3 Kinds Of Men / Can We Form A Prayer Group Or Partners