Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash (7886 Views)

Apple Prompts Furious Backlash After Failing To Get It Right In China—again / 5 Ways You Answer Phone Call In Public That Make You Look Local / Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by JARUSHUB: 1:12pm On Jun 29, 2017
You do not have to be a celebrity before tantrums are thrown at you on social media. Very few people care whether you are right or wrong, they just criticise. Before you know it, you are at the top of the trends on Twitter. Ironically, what you said may not be as a result of a tweet or Instagram post but an interview. A good example of this is the backlash Falz faced after he chastised some musicians for glorifying Yahoo Yahoo (Internet Fraud) in their songs. Another example is the case of Kemen in Big Brother Nigeria who trended for days because of the encounter he had with Tboss. The impact of these backlashes can be between mild or severe depending on the individual. Hence, if poorly handled, it can escalate into something you never imagined. In line with this, Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares ways to deal with social media backlash.

Delete offending materials

If you tweeted or shared a post that is causing quite a controversy, you should delete it immediately. Do not try to be defensive or justify it unless you want it to spiral out of control. Even when it does, you should still delete it. Regardless, trust social media trolls, they would screen grabbed it. Do not mind this. The important thing is that the post should not be found on your handle or page.

Have friends around you

For individuals who face social media criticisms, they should have their friends and family members around them. The fact is they cannot go through this on their own. When the backlash gets to them, all sorts of thoughts begin to get into their head including committing suicide. That is the extent it can push some people. With trusted friends around, you will feel loved despite the shots you are getting on social media.

Leave social media for a few days

There are uncountable trolls on social media who just want to make you feel bad. They reign abuses and curses on you. If you are still with your phone, you may be tempted to reply. You do not need to. Just abandon your social media for a few days and return when everything has died down.

Apologise if you are wrong

To err is human to forgive is divine. In this case, you should not concern yourself about whether you will be forgiven or not, just apologise and move on. Some will even come at you for your apologising.

Ignore

You can give it the silent treatment and continue with your life. You are getting attention notwithstanding if it is negative or positive. This is easier for celebrities.

See a psychologist

You can also see a psychologist especially if the person’s self-esteem has been battered and shattered.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-ways-deal-social-media-backlash/

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by JARUSHUB: 1:12pm On Jun 29, 2017
You can also sue some people to set an example for some mindless trolls to learn from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by eezeribe(m): 1:15pm On Jun 29, 2017
It's only cowards and e-rats that backlash people on social media.
If I don't have a social media presence(which is not compulsory),and I am called out or backlashed on any of the platforms... I will simply ignore it and take it that someone who has no life outside of social media and too weak in real life to confront me,is only trying to make up for some real inadequacies.
Even here on nairaland,I don't even look at such mentions,not to talk of replying them.
When you choose to fight a pig,you end up staining yourself while the animal enjoys itself.
But once in a while,it's good to deal with these social media low lives,just the way Kemi Olunloyo was dealt with.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by BiafraBushBoy(m): 1:17pm On Jun 29, 2017
What the heck is social media backlash?

As long as it doesn't affect my account...

Fvck it!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by eezeribe(m): 1:27pm On Jun 29, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
What the heck is social media backlash?

As long as it doesn't affect my account...

Fvck it!!
Exactly

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by kiddoiLL(m): 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2017
Op you forgot to add "NEVER OPEN NAIRALAND"....Nairaland sabi carry pple matter for head o, even twitter no reach am o..e dey start fr twitter n others but e dey last fr NL.. u go just commit suicide once ur matter enter NL n u go dey open am

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by Papiikush: 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
Especially twitter grin grin grin

Some people are so Savage if them bounce on you, it will only take God's intervention for you not to deactivate your account. grin

kiddoiLL:
Op you forgot to add "NEVER OPEN NAIRALAND"....Nairaland sabi carry pple matter for head o, even twitter no reach am o..e dey start fr twitter n others but e dey last fr NL.. u go just commit suicide once ur matter enter NL n u go dey open am

How dare you compare Twitter NG to nairaland?

Nairaland is dying because of that particular Mod with Zero low sense of humor banning anyone who speaks His/her mind.

Have you wondered why nairaland is not as fun as before? He killed the humor just like professor poppy pants undecided

4 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by veekid(m): 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
There's nothing you can do to it. Nothing! Internet never forgets
Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by seXytOhbAd(m): 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
Block all rude followers. Simple.
Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by burkingx(f): 3:54pm On Jun 29, 2017
grin

Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by allstarcomic(m): 3:56pm On Jun 29, 2017
huray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

FRONT PAGE.

TO YOU ALLL MY VIEWERS JARE THANK YOU ALL FOR WATCHING MY COMEDY VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE, GOD BLESS YOUR HUSTLE AS WELL,
SHOUT OUT TO THOSE WHO TIPPED ME ON WHAT TO ADD AND WHAT TO REMOVE IN MY NEXT SHOOTS, I LOVE YOU ALL
WITHOUT YOU MY WORK IS NOT COMPLETE,
GETTING READY FOR MY NEXT SHOOTS WHICH WILL TAKE PLACE NEXT MONTH,
BUT WHY WAITING FOR THE VIDEOS TO GET PUBLISHED, YOU CAN CHECK OUT THE ONES I HAVE ON YOUTUBE HERE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYK3rCkE-dU

I LOVE YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORTS,
KISSES. tongue tongue tongue
Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by larmu(m): 3:56pm On Jun 29, 2017
Abeg when be real Madrid and juve champions league final
Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by pweshboi(m): 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2017
kiddoiLL:

Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by repogirl(f): 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2017
No o! We will reply their foolishness at least once or twice before blocking them.

Too bad no block feature on Nairaland.
Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by Vaxt(m): 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2017
Just delete ur acct
Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by Victornezzar: 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
Papiikush:

Some people are so Savage if them bounce on you, it will only take God's intervention for you not to deactivate your account. grin

Nairaland is dying because of that particular Mod with Zero low sense of humor banning anyone who speaks His/her mind.

Have you wondered why nairaland is not as fun as before? He killed the humor just like professor poppy pants undecided
Keep calm nd see how ban would fall on u now grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by iamjavadem(m): 4:02pm On Jun 29, 2017
Best way, dont buy data and dont come online, period. Next.
Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by rawpadgin(m): 4:02pm On Jun 29, 2017
I got 2 ways

1. ignore the stupid fvck

2. clap back & clap harder
Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by Papiikush: 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
Victornezzar:

Keep calm nd see how ban would fall on u now grin
Don't fear he who can only ban your account but can't ban your phone. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by xynerise: 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
Trolls dey look face na.
Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by iamjavadem(m): 4:15pm On Jun 29, 2017
Is it just me or the author doesnt know how to count?
Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by Draei: 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2017
mtcheeeew, whack ass list....
Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by teelaw4life(m): 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2017
[s]
JARUSHUB:
You do not have to be a celebrity before tantrums are thrown at you on social media. Very few people care whether you are right or wrong, they just criticise. Before you know it, you are at the top of the trends on Twitter. Ironically, what you said may not be as a result of a tweet or Instagram post but an interview. A good example of this is the backlash Falz faced after he chastised some musicians for glorifying Yahoo Yahoo (Internet Fraud) in their songs. Another example is the case of Kemen in Big Brother Nigeria who trended for days because of the encounter he had with Tboss. The impact of these backlashes can be between mild or severe depending on the individual. Hence, if poorly handled, it can escalate into something you never imagined. In line with this, Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares ways to deal with social media backlash.

Delete offending materials

If you tweeted or shared a post that is causing quite a controversy, you should delete it immediately. Do not try to be defensive or justify it unless you want it to spiral out of control. Even when it does, you should still delete it. Regardless, trust social media trolls, they would screen grabbed it. Do not mind this. The important thing is that the post should not be found on your handle or page.

Have friends around you

For individuals who face social media criticisms, they should have their friends and family members around them. The fact is they cannot go through this on their own. When the backlash gets to them, all sorts of thoughts begin to get into their head including committing suicide. That is the extent it can push some people. With trusted friends around, you will feel loved despite the shots you are getting on social media.

Leave social media for a few days

There are uncountable trolls on social media who just want to make you feel bad. They reign abuses and curses on you. If you are still with your phone, you may be tempted to reply. You do not need to. Just abandon your social media for a few days and return when everything has died down.

Apologise if you are wrong

To err is human to forgive is divine. In this case, you should not concern yourself about whether you will be forgiven or not, just apologise and move on. Some will even come at you for your apologising.

Ignore

You can give it the silent treatment and continue with your life. You are getting attention notwithstanding if it is negative or positive. This is easier for celebrities.

See a psychologist

You can also see a psychologist especially if the person’s self-esteem has been battered and shattered.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-ways-deal-social-media-backlash/
[/s]

The most important thing is to NEVER take social Media and it's numerous opinions SERIOUSLY.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by Victornezzar: 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2017
Papiikush:

Don't fear he who can only ban your account but can't ban your phone. grin
Pesin wey gimme 2 weeks ban because say I insult pesin
Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by Ennyholar: 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2017
Loooool
Them no dey play with una again
Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by Papiikush: 4:41pm On Jun 29, 2017
Victornezzar:

Pesin wey gimme 2 weeks ban because say I insult pesin
He is a Bomboklack grin
Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by Victornezzar: 4:41pm On Jun 29, 2017
Papiikush:

He is a Bomboklack grin
grin
Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by Deicide: 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
Papiikush:

Speak no more we know the mod
Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by ifewise(m): 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2017
IGNORE
Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 29, 2017
That number one and three are soo not it, its more like giving in to bullies, esp when you know ur not overtly wrong.
Stand up to trolls and bullies, pick those who you would respond to and make the response a sucker punch.
Never dignify with a response, those whose comments display their low IQ, especially if you are convinced that you have a higher IQ.
Anyone who can survive trollls on NL should have a skin thickness as that of a crocodile.
Re: 5 Ways To Deal With Social Media Backlash by shenaxy: 5:21pm On Jun 29, 2017
Nairaland, home of hostility...

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Bad Has The Mtn Service And Bis Been In Your Area / Why You Must Install Whatsapp Plus Now / Mtn Is Giving Away Free 4GB Data This 2017 :check Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.