Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Login Or Logon - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Login Or Logon (2190 Views)

How To Login Onto A Computer Without Knowing The Password / I Can't Log In Because My "Logon Method Is Not Allowed" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Login Or Logon by Nairasurplus(m): 2:50pm On Jun 29, 2017
Dear good people.
What is the difference between Login and Logon. Which one is supposed to be used?
Re: Login Or Logon by spice123(m): 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2017
Nairasurplus:
Dear good people.
What is the difference between Login and Logon. Which one is supposed to be used?
Login and Logon have same meaning. Login is the term used to gain entry into a computer system that requires a USERNAME and PASSWORD. Logon is a term used to check out a website. for example: www.nairaland.com. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Login Or Logon by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 29, 2017
spice123:

Login and Logon have same meaning. Login is the term used to gain entry into a computer system that requires a USERNAME and PASSWORD. Logon is a term used to check out a website. for example: www.nairaland.com. Hope this helps.

You are dope bro, that was spot on.
Op, he has answered your question.

1 Like

Re: Login Or Logon by Nairasurplus(m): 10:29pm On Jun 29, 2017
spice123:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Login Or Logon by toastedbread: 7:18am On Jun 30, 2017
spice123:

You're right when it comes to the lay man. but when it comes to the techies, we'll reedit your post...

1 Like

Re: Login Or Logon by toastedbread: 11:20pm On Jun 30, 2017
As a computer geek, log in and log on are both nautical metaphors. In some firms, When you come on duty, you log on board by making an entry in the log book.
In the computer business, log on was the standard IBM usage in the 1960s, while log in was used in the Univac and later VAX community.
Sign [in/out] [off/on] are also used; all forms are equivalent.
(login, logout, logon, logoff, signin, signout, signon and signoff)
You log/sign in to or on to a site, not into or onto, since you log out of or off from (please, not off of) the site and there is no such word as offrom or outof. Also when using the log word, you would refer to your logon to, logoff from, login to, logoff from etc.
Re: Login Or Logon by Mazeltovscotty(m): 9:34am On Jul 01, 2017
spice123:

if i understand you very well, you mean 'login' requires username and password while 'logon' does not
Re: Login Or Logon by omakay(m): 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2017
You LOGIN to a system

You LOGON to a website.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD OUT!!! UK USED Dell Latitude E6440 Core I5, 500gb/4gb Keyboard Light, @60k / Starcomms Izap Signal/connectivity Issue / Can I Change The Video Card Of My Laptop???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.