Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara (11430 Views)

Moses Siloko Siasia Declares Ambition To Run For Governorship In Bayelsa State / APC Taraba Female Governorship Candidate Loses Rerun Election To PDP Candidate / Nubu Ribadu: How Far With The Governorship In Adamawa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by obatoro: 10:26pm On Jan 29, 2010
more than 80% of kwarans can't be muslims i wonder where they got the statistics from. The Ilorin pple think of Ilorin as a state what about people from Omu aran, Offa, Igosun, Bode sadu, Oro, Iloffa, osi ekiti? Nigera is a secular state so also is Kwara. copy that!
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by henry101(m): 11:31pm On Jan 29, 2010
keismail:

i dont know why pple r desperate in jumping into another pple affairs,better allow kwara pple 2 express their opinion,my pple abeg i dey with u ojare.

becomricch:

I dont get it, why are you igbo boys so concern about kwara state. Leave Kwara state alone. The people you claim are fulani. Have 99% DNA to be Yoruba. The great great grand child of Alimi was my classmate. The Alimi been talked about in over 500 universities all over the world.

If you doubt me, I can tell him to take a DNA.

The first generation is 100%
Second generation 50%
third generation 25%
fourth generation 12.5 %
fifth generation 6.75%
Sixth generation 3.321
7th generation 1.6 %,

They all have less than 1% fulani blood in them. And Alimi was an Islamic teacher. that tell you , most people in ilorin are 100% yorubas. but some have less than 1% fulani blood. Even abroad. they bring Imam to the mosque. The nigeria mosque has a nigeria Imam. they brought from nigeria. I use to know one of the imam here. Alimi was a preacher of islam. And they went from place to place.

Why do you igbo boys love trouble so much. Why not talk about good hing. Is there nothing good about people to you. Now why dont you igbo tell the world about your culture and others, instead of insult other ethnics group.

Bt U guyz r very quick 2 interfere in oda ppl matters.
@becomerich, R u not the one who created a controversial topic abt port harcourt?
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by DOAweb(m): 1:01am On Jan 30, 2010
What a load of bull!! angry angry
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by 0hsisi: 2:02am On Jan 30, 2010
Alpha3006:

Initially i didnt want to comment on this article but eodyad and sjeezy8 forced me to cos the way they were discussing caught my attention at Sjeezy8 unfortunately u are not from Kwara but i can tell u that edoyad was absolutely right in all ramifications of Saraki imposing his daughter on Kwarans again he did it with his son which no one complained and he's here to do that again,i'm telling u he'll do it and nobody to challenge him for that.I can reason along with u about his being neutral of intimacy into politics but he's not doing it the right way.my quesition to u is that is there no other competent female in Kwara apart from his daughter?after all his son was there for 8 years and as i'm concerned about Kwara which i came from u'll agree with me that he's doing it the wrong way.I'm in no way supporting those going against it i meant the people saying NO to female governorship in Kwara,but they are doing it in a wrong way by using Islam as a yardstick i'm also a muslim from Kwara.There should be a better way to fight against Saraki imposing his daughter.We need to move on to the next level.Kwara state was created since 1967 along with Kaduna,Lagos etc go to these other states and compare to is happening in Kwara we need to freedom not a family to continue choosing for us.

If this is about saraki and his daughters,why then are the Muslims praying for allah to prevent female leadership ?
Why can't they talk about saraki and his ills and leave women alone
If Saraki is the problem and they must pray to allah to stop him,why are they not praying against male leadership since Saraki is a man
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 30, 2010
osisi and her typical double talk -

some muslim 'leaders' have been paid by the opposition to do something an american should be very familiar with - play dirty politics. discerning minds will see it for the bs it is - since countries like pakistan have had female prime ministers.

instead of disturbing us with your hatred of muslims, go and query the progressives in anambra state about the absence of women candidates
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Alpha3006: 12:29pm On Jan 30, 2010
"If Saraki is the problem and they must pray to allah to stop him" Osisi that is where the problem lies.i said it that the way they are taking is not the right,cos i believe they should leave religionn out of this and dont be surprise if u see the same set of pple going to his house to collect 50k at maximum to pray for the same Saraki's daughter to achieve her ambition,thats to show u the level of poverty in Kwara state. I said i'm from Kwara and a muslim but the way the state is being run is annoying mixing religion with politicking.May God help us.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Alpha3006: 1:03pm On Jan 30, 2010
Posted by: nikkykay
Insert Quote
I schooled in ilorin as well for 5yrs.The problem with the emirates and not other kwarans is that they dont know their right so they cant fight for it.It is now that the emirates are just going to school while u have pple from other parts as elites and educated.
Olu saraki is their god in ilorin not in Kwara state but since ilorin is the capital and being ruled by him,it is not easy for him to be silenced.The main problem of kwara state is the pple of ilorin becos of their ignorance and backwardness.
Although emirates are fanatics but they are curbed cos of other pple in the state.If anyone here is fortunate to visit Ilorin one friday that OS is around and see they way esp women rush to his house to eat eba and vegetable and at the end of the day go home with N100,u will curse the govt of that state.These pple trek like 15-30 km from their places to OS's house and the same back at  night.A grandmother killed her grandchild while she was rushing to collect her N100 aftrer eating her eba and vegetable.The funniest part of it that baffles me is that they all wash their hands in one big drum at the back of his house.I  believe that man is using the virtues of these pple.
Is this the way of taking care of pple of your state or care for their welfare or eradicate poverty?
As a big man,what stops him from building industries, mechanised farm with their landmass in the whole of Nigeria and employ these pple just to eradicate poverty.
The emirates are just seeing the truth now this man has been ruling them for years by imposing his pple to govern them and at the end ,no improvement in their state.They now want to pray that his daughter shld not rule them again after his son.This was what Lawal was trying to stopped b e4 he was killed.
I think it is high time the children of other parts like Offa,Igbomina and the rest stand up for their right here.If not they will continue to suffer in silence till they die.God will not come form heaven to fight for them.They must arise and stop him from imposing his daughter on them again for another 8yrs.
How culd a man be ruling a popu;lated state where we have big shots ,educated and intelligent and his decision is always the final.Are they waiting for him to die be4 they open dir mouths?I am sure OS is renewing his life but he  has forgotten ,that God is on the throne.
I rest my case.
The fact that u schooled in Ilorin does not mean that u know every Kwaran indigene.I'm from Kwara and Ilorin to be precise but i totally disagree wt u on the point that every emirate worship Saraki,it could have been better if u say majority like Saraki due to their believe,its ok. but not every Emirates.And for ur emphasis on education i can tell u that there are lots of educated Emirates but i'll correct u by putting it this way, there are educated illiterates cos if an educated fellow can still believe in this age that one person can determine his/her future thats insane which most Emirates policians does. U said it all that Gov Lawal of the blessed memory who happened to come form Ilorin tried all he could to liberate the people but he couldnt due to level thinking of Kwarans.
Despite the fact that i'm from Ilorin i did not for once supported Saraki right from my childhood days cos my believe is that he's shielding pple from seen the reality,again the Igbominas that u r talking about been educated,do u want to tell me that they dont have pple following Saraki as well?just flash back in 2003 when the Bamigboye's of the Igbomina extract are running towards Saraki,also do u know that the present Deputy is from the Igbomina as well.so not only Emirates are the problem but Kwarans generally.The first time i visited Offa i felt sorry for the people living, there cos apart from the major road that passes thru the town to Osogbo there are no good roads anymore and yet u still see some of them going to Ile loke,for God sake.I think the call is for every Kwarans that believe in the a greater and not the Emirates as u've claimed.I think u get my argument now.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by jorge1980(m): 3:15pm On Jan 30, 2010
Alpha3006:

The fact that u schooled in Ilorin does not mean that u know every Kwaran indigene.I'm from Kwara and Ilorin to be precise but i totally disagree wt u on the point that every emirate worship Saraki,it could have been better if u say majority like Saraki due to their believe,its ok. but not every Emirates.And for your emphasis on education i can tell u that there are lots of educated Emirates but i'll correct u by putting it this way, there are educated illiterates cos if an educated fellow can still believe in this age that one person can determine his/her future thats insane which most Emirates policians does. U said it all that Gov Lawal of the blessed memory who happened to come form Ilorin tried all he could to liberate the people but he couldnt due to level thinking of Kwarans.
Despite the fact that i'm from Ilorin i did not for once supported Saraki right from my childhood days cos my believe is that he's shielding pple from seen the reality,again the Igbominas that u r talking about been educated,do u want to tell me that they dont have pple following Saraki as well?just flash back in 2003 when the Bamigboye's of the Igbomina extract are running towards Saraki,also do u know that the present Deputy is from the Igbomina as well.so not only Emirates are the problem but Kwarans generally.The first time i visited Offa i felt sorry for the people living, there cos apart from the major road that passes thru the town to Osogbo there are no good roads anymore and yet u still see some of them going to Ile loke,for God sake.I think the call is for every Kwarans that believe in the a greater and not the Emirates as u've claimed.I think u get my argument now.

Jeez!! I could hardly make head or tail of your prose man!!! you dont seem to be making a good representation of the 'Emirates' grin. Try and double check for errors next time!
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Remii(m): 5:24pm On Jan 31, 2010
obatoro:

more than 80% of kwarans can't be Muslims i wonder where they got the statistics from. The Ilorin pple think of Ilorin as a state what about people from Omu aran, Offa, Igosun, Bode sadu, Oro, Iloffa, osi ekiti? Nigeria is a secular state so also is Kwara. copy that!

FYI, apart from Osi Ekiti on the eastern side rest of the places you listed are predominantly Muslims. However, that does not mean the clerics are representing all of them either.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by saharachic(f): 7:23pm On Jan 31, 2010
Dumb peeps!
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by 0hsisi: 9:05pm On Jan 31, 2010
oyb:

osisi and her typical double talk -

some muslim 'leaders' have been paid by the opposition to do something an american should be very familiar with - play dirty politics. discerning minds will see it for the bs it is - since countries like pakistan have had female prime ministers.

instead of disturbing us with your hatred of muslims, go and query the progressives in anambra state about the absence of women candidates

You know I love you
I have noticed you my oybobo
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by spiderman(m): 5:28pm On Feb 01, 2010
when did NL become a forum for expressing anger, throwing insults and spreading hatred?
Its getting out of hand, someone should pls do something about it. seun?
now this Kwara issue, i am from Ilorin and i really dont care the sex of the ruler, long as he or she gives my poeple good education, good roads, i mean all the basic facilities a modern society should not do without.
and i also dont care if the person is from the saraki family; i used to but after all that bukola did i came to realise that sometimes these things work out for the best. I can boldly say that the present day Ilorin is one in which one can be proud.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by udennaa: 8:14pm On Feb 01, 2010
MUSLIMS CALL ON ALLAH TO STOP FEMALE GOVERNORSHIP IN KWARA!
these terrorists are at it again.kwarans should be on guard n at alert;they must be up to some evil in kwara.gbam!
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by idifu(m): 5:19pm On Feb 04, 2010
it's a shame some ppl aren't ready for civilizationsad
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by favouredjb(f): 9:57am On Mar 15, 2010
@habib6 wateva,wat has saudi or zamfara got to do wit dis?is Nigera an islamic country?pls,i ll av to agree with hardtalk here
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Igonih(m): 1:33pm On Jun 16, 2010
once again quran to the resque when ever situation doesnt favour them.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by SLIGHT(m): 12:51am On Jun 17, 2010
Change is all we need

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COAS: Nigerian Army Will Be Reorganized / Premium Times: EFCC Recovers $9.75 Million, N1.25 Billion In 2 Weeks — Magu / Ayade Celebrates 49th Birthday With Bakassi IDPs, Donates Foodstuffs (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.