Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Actual Deductions On Data Subscription? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Actual Deductions On Data Subscription? (2196 Views)

Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions / Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription / MTN Announces Tariff Increase On Data From 1st December As Directed By NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Actual Deductions On Data Subscription? by fatdick(m): 10:56pm On Jun 29, 2017
I use glo for data subscription until lately when the network flunctuates and denies me access to internet at critical times. Although I get a lot of data at a cheap rate and data doesn't zap fast, most evenings (from around 8pm), the H+ changes to E and remain so till dawn. I had to try out other networks in frustration.

I subscribed to the Airtel 1.5gb android plan. Without any download or heavy browsing, the data got exhausted in 4 hours. I had to call the customer care who promised to rectify the issue in 18hours. It's been over two weeks now, they neither rectified the issue nor attempted to apologize.

Well, I had to try out MTN that same day. I did a 1.5gb subscription which got exhausted in 5days (with fair music downloads and very few video streaming). I resubscribed with 2gb mtn sme data which also got exhausted in 9 days. This is a huge difference compared to data consumption on my glo (which I share with two others and still do quite a number of video streaming) which lasts up to or close to 3 weeks in most cases. So I decided to find out what the actual data deductions were for each network. MTN customer care confirmed that they charge 1.5k/kb on data subscription. That means, 1.5GB is actually 1GB in the real sense.

Glo customer care confirmed that they charge 1N/1MB on flexi (no data sub) but the customer service representative claimed he doesnt have information on how much they charge on active subscriptions However, in all fairness to Glo, I always shared my 3.2GB data with two friends and it usually lasted for almost 3 weeks. But most times, the people I share my data with enjoys the subscription more than I do due to the flunctuating network of Glo in my location. sad

As for Airtel, I can swear they almost charge 1.5mb/mb if not 2mb/mb. The way they zapped my data recently, I am yet to recover from the shock. shocked However, I saw somewhere that Airtel charges 1.5kb/kb from 7am- 9.59pm (not sure I got the time correctly) and 1kb/kb from 10pm-6am.

I do not have details on etisalat.

Data subscriptions have cost me some few thousands lately without any satisfactory service. I'm thinking of subscribing glo and mtn concurrently. Glo for daytime (at least till 8pm when their head begins to knock) and mtn from 8pm till dawn.

Can anyone share their experiences with these networks especially etisalat? I'm now convinced that these network providers are ripping us off in connivance with NCC. Too bad!
Re: Actual Deductions On Data Subscription? by pheranme9(m): 11:13pm On Jun 29, 2017
that's naija 4 u... I think mtn data rate is the best
Re: Actual Deductions On Data Subscription? by GrandMufti: 10:01am On Jun 30, 2017
pheranme9:
that's naija 4 u... I think mtn data rate is the best

Erm! I'm not sure you read the entire post
Re: Actual Deductions On Data Subscription? by fatdick(m): 11:00am On Jun 30, 2017
GrandMufti:

Erm! I'm not sure you read the entire post
lol.....abi oo
Re: Actual Deductions On Data Subscription? by pheranme9(m): 11:17am On Jun 30, 2017
I use mtn and D data is usually accurate.....can't say i don't believe your stats...I use Internet speed monitor to check if it's actually correct or they are cheating....nd most time it's usually correct....ie try mtm night plan don't no if it applies to normal data but it's stop around 501mb attimes 498,497...so don't no where your problem is coming from.
Etisalat zap data oooo...dnt try it nd it's expensive. ...so far ooo still better than airtel shaa...but I dnt recommend Etisalat since mtn nd glo can't hold u 4 a month.
Re: Actual Deductions On Data Subscription? by ammyluv2002(f): 1:02pm On Jun 30, 2017
pheranme9:
I use mtn and D data is usually accurate.....can't say i don't believe your stats...I use Internet speed monitor to check if it's actually correct or they are cheating....nd most time it's usually correct....ie try mtm night plan don't no if it applies to normal data but it's stop around 501mb attimes 498,497...so don't no where your problem is coming from.
Etisalat zap data oooo...dnt try it nd it's expensive. ...so far ooo still better than airtel shaa...but I dnt recommend Etisalat since mtn nd glo can't hold u 4 a month.
Jeez! Mtn data is usually accurate? Mehn, Mtn can zap for Africa!
Re: Actual Deductions On Data Subscription? by fatdick(m): 10:33pm On Jun 30, 2017
ammyluv2002:
Jeez! Mtn data is usually accurate? Mehn, Mtn can zap for Africa!
I was surprised when I saw that comment too. I guess he uses the night plan which I believe is charged normally. The usual charge during peak period is definitely not normal nor accurate. Even the MTN CC confirmed this.
Re: Actual Deductions On Data Subscription? by fatdick(m): 10:37pm On Jun 30, 2017
pheranme9:
Hmm....I'm sure you use the night plan.....I think these network charge at the normal rate during off peak periods (10pm - 6am). Therefore a night plan wont be a good way to judge the accuracy of their data deductions. Actually, I said glo almost last for a month (at least 3 weeks) but the quality of their network is a total turn off.
Re: Actual Deductions On Data Subscription? by kevoh(m): 8:06am On Jul 11, 2017
I switched from etisalat to mtn. I can barely use mtn 5 gig for 6 days on PC... cry cry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

First Image Of Samsung Galaxy S9 Leaked Online / S6 Edge For Sale @ 32.9k ,-soldout / Iphone 11 And Galaxy Note 10 Plus Bezel Comparism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.