Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths (13998 Views)

Amotekun: We Also Need Regional Security Outfit, Ohanaeze Youths Tell South-East / Ohanaeze Youths To PDP: Give VP Slot To Us, Or Lose South East To APC / We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt —ohanaeze Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by Nne5: 5:15am On Jun 30, 2017
By Vincent Ujumadu, Anayo Okoli, Charles Kumolu, Enyim Enyim & Chimaobi Nwaiwu.

Awka— OHANAEZE Ndigbo, the apex-Igbo socio-cultural organisation, yesterday, took a swipe at the leadership of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, for allegedly ordering that the November 18, 2017 governorship election in Anambra State should not be conducted.

This came as Stakeholders of Willie Obiano 2nd Tenure Organisation expressed worry over the threat, pleading with IPOB to rescind its decision.

This is even as Ohanaeze Youths Council, OYC, said it would reject any restructuring of Nigeria carried out by the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari, saying it would not reflect equity and fairness.

President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief John Nwodo, who led other national leaders of the organisation to the Anambra State House of Assembly, warned leaders of groups championing self-rule for the Igbo nation not to arrogate to themselves the supreme leadership of Igboland.

He said though it was obvious that Ndigbo were suffering marginalization in the affairs of the country, Igbo was still part and parcel of Nigeria, adding that in seeking mitigation of the injustice being meted to Ndigbo, civilized approach should be adopted.

He lashed out at the leader of IPOB for, according to him, making unguarded utterances that Anambra State governorship election slated for November would not hold, explaining that such utterance had already drawn the attention of the Inspector General of Police who, he stated, had deployed more police personnel to patrol Anambra State.

Kanu’s utterance, Nwodo stated, had breached the undertaking he took before him (Nwodo) when he was released from detention.

Earlier, Governor Willie Obiano, speaking through his Senior Special Assistant on Legislative Matters, Chief Chiedozie Ezeugwa, said the state government was committed to the Igbo cause and would continue to do everything to support the Ohanaeze in protecting the interest of the Igbo.

In their speeches, Speaker of Anambra Assembly, Mrs Rita Maduagwu and a former national chairman of All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA, Chief Victor Umeh, said the Igbo should avoid being divided in whatever cause they would pursue in the prevailing circumstance, adding that the time to listen to the Igbo had come.

Chief Enefe, of Stakeholders of Willie Obiano 2nd Tenure Organisation, who spoke at Akwu Ukwu town in Idemili South Local Government Area of the state during a town hall meeting of Obiano support group in the area, yesterday, said such directive by IPOB was not good for the development in Igbo land.

About 1,500 members of the All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA, and people from other political parties had gathered to give their support for Governor Willie Obiano’s second term bid during the town hall meeting.

Also, Ohanaeze youths said they would rather prefer a restructuring exercise to be overseen by an Igbo leader or a leader from the South but not from the North.

According to them, any restructuring conducted by the Buhari administration would definitely favour the North, thereby leading to continuation of the agitations.

Secretary General of the Council, Mazi Okwu Nnabuike, who said this, explained that restructuring of Nigeria overseen by a leader from the South would definitely ensure equity and fairness to all parts of the country.

Meanwhile, the council has alleged plan by unnamed Igbo leaders to plan the arrest and detention of its leader, Maxi Okechukwu Isiguzoro over statements the group has been issuing in support of Biafra agitation.

In another development, plans have been concluded by youth leaders in the Niger Delta region to hold a conference on the current agitations for the realisation of Biafran state and calls for restructuring with a view to coming up with a position.

A statement by the chairman of the Nigerian Young Professionals Forum and former governorship candidate in Bayelsa State, Mr. Moses Siasia, said the gathering, which would hold in Port Harcourt, was informed by the current debate on restructuring.

The statement read: “60 carefully selected young leaders across the Niger Delta will be meeting in Port Harcourt next week over calls for the immediate restructuring of the country by prominent Nigerians and geopolitical groups on the basis of a growing national consensus to redefine the connections that bind the country and the disturbing hate comments from many groups.”

“The roundtable meeting was born out the current national discourse on the need to restructure the country and redefine our existence as a people.

“The meeting will also address internal issues in the region, such as the need for political leaders who are occupying public trust to be more accountable to the people. It will fashion out economic solutions that will aid the much need growth and development in the Niger Delta so that those who are into productive ventures in the society would be encouraged with the aim of moving out of the old order, where miscreants are celebrated.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/well-reject-restructuring-done-buhari-govt-ohanaeze-youths/

1 Share

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by ORACLE1975(m): 5:17am On Jun 30, 2017
for me I remain loyal to PEACE in NIGERIA.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by Nne5: 5:22am On Jun 30, 2017
cc: lalasticlala
Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by madridguy(m): 5:25am On Jun 30, 2017
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by Kbanka: 5:40am On Jun 30, 2017
I wish all these divisive elements could jus stop.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by raker300: 5:44am On Jun 30, 2017
Kbanka:
this is not something you can just wish away.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by alade112(m): 6:02am On Jun 30, 2017
What Exactly Do They Want ?

1.We want Biafra! Biafra or death

2. Ok! Leave North before Oct 1

3. Northern Youth can't drive us out of Nigeria.

4. Restructure Nigeria.

5. We want restructuring but we don't want it under this government.

6. Igbos Oya take meat.

7. Nigeria haba na bone una give us.

8.ok! Give back the meat,

9. No! Small meat still dey there.

10.Wetin Una want gon gon?

Lol! Shea na only Northerners go sit for the conference? Mind you we can't afford to waste another money on restructuring dialogue. Gej national conference report is still there. This present government have already picked some of the report and put it into use.

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by Terkimbi01: 6:05am On Jun 30, 2017
ORACLE1975:

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

Come and give us peace in Benue State

Fulani are wiping us out and taking over our lands.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by Kutis2030(m): 6:43am On Jun 30, 2017
make dem pack now dis making noise is too much abeg

5 Likes

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by nototribalist: 7:17am On Jun 30, 2017
I just love what's happening in Nigeria. Buhari must fall.

7 Likes

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by nototribalist: 7:18am On Jun 30, 2017
Everybody should face their fathers name. Parasites won't come here.

4 Likes

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by Nne5: 7:31am On Jun 30, 2017
alade112:

[ quote].You must be very ignorant if you think you can ask anyone to relocate when division proccesses have not been concluded.
Besides,how will moving out of the north gives Igbos Biafra? You lot should stop being mischievous.

Northern Youth can't drive us out of Nigeria.
If the northerners are serious about breaking up Nigeria, then they should stop hiding behind quit notices.Referendum is very simple.

4. Restructure Nigeria.

This is the reason "This is even as Ohanaeze Youths Council, OYC, said it would reject any restructuring of Nigeria carried out by the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari, saying it would not reflect equity and fairness."

6. Igbos Oya take meat.

Lol! Shea na only Northerners go sit for the conference? Mind you we can't afford to waste another money on restructuring dialogue. Gej national conference report is still there. This present government have already picked some from the report and put it into use.
Nonsense!
Stop being mischievous.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by ESDKING: 7:34am On Jun 30, 2017
ORACLE1975:

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
God is perfect and can never make a mistake by blessing a fraud,. Kiss the truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by ESDKING: 7:39am On Jun 30, 2017
alade112:

4. Restructure Nigeria.

6. Igbos Oya take meat.

Lol! Shea na only Northerners go sit for the conference? Mind you we can't afford to waste another money on restructuring dialogue. Gej national conference report is still there. This present government have already picked some from the report and put it into use.
It's getting boring .

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by alade112(m): 7:53am On Jun 30, 2017
Nne5:

[You must be very ignorant if you think you can ask anyone to relocate when division proccesses have not been concluded.
Besides,how will moving out of the north gives Igbos Biafra? You lot should stop being mischievous.

The best way to show your enemy which you love to hate is to disconnect yourself totally from that your enemy.

If the northerners are serious about breaking up Nigeria, then they should stop hiding behind quit notices.Referendum is very simple.

I can't speak for Northerners Coz I'm not one.

This is the reason "This is even as Ohanaeze Youths Council, OYC, said it would reject any restructuring of Nigeria carried out by the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari, ]saying it would not reflect equity and fairness.

You failed to read the part of my comment that says we can't afford to waste another money on restructuring dialogue abi? Gej report is still there and that's what everybody is calling for.

16 Likes

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by londoner: 7:56am On Jun 30, 2017
Kbanka:
f

For once, Nigeria has to honestly look at the claimed grievances and work towards a Nigeria that is a genuine nation because the truth is very few Nigerians want Nigeria to remain the same, not just Igbos to be absolutely honest.

Nigeria has procrastinated on nation building for too long. Time to restructure and rehash how the country does things.

5 Likes

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by alizma: 7:59am On Jun 30, 2017
JUST YESTERDAY I TOLD SOMEONE THAT THESE PEOPLE DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WANT.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by Paperwhite(m): 8:00am On Jun 30, 2017
Well,they may be right as the only restructuring done so far by the Buhari's government include: northernization of every sectors of our national life,distrubution of structural/economic development based on his infamous & mathematically incorrect 97% & 5% statement,clamping down on major igbo businessmen(e.g.Ifeanyi Ubah. Don't anyone care to know why no government policy have affected Dangote even the controversial forex issue?) among the many other ill-decisions of this useless government.

12 Likes

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by Kbanka: 8:04am On Jun 30, 2017
londoner:
f

For once, Nigeria has to honestly look at the claimed grievances and work towards a Nigeria that is a genuine nation because the truth is very few Nigerians want Nigeria to remain the same, not just Igbos to be absolutely honest.

Nigeria has procrastinated on nation building for too long. Time to restructure and rehash how the country does things.

1st, they want restructuring.
2nd, if restructuring is not done before 2019, election will not hold I'm the south-east
3rd This.

Which way?

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by greatiyk4u(m): 8:05am On Jun 30, 2017
So Ohaneze want restructuring that will favour the South abi?

4 Likes

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by Oladimejyy(m): 8:05am On Jun 30, 2017
nototribalist:
Like wise you and your ancestors

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by blaqoracle: 8:06am On Jun 30, 2017
nototribalist:
don't be carried away by what you are reading online. restructuring can only work if it is supported by the north. for now, the talk of restructuring is like trying to impregnate a dead horse.

4 Likes

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by Oladimejyy(m): 8:07am On Jun 30, 2017
One thing i guaranty the igbos in the north is "HELL"if they fail to leave the north before 1st oct
Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by zombieHUNTER: 8:09am On Jun 30, 2017
ORACLE1975:

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
God cannot bless evil ... A land of injustice and inequality.. A land solely for the 97%

God obliterates such land

6 Likes

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by zombieHUNTER: 8:12am On Jun 30, 2017
greatiyk4u:
So Ohaneze want restructuring that will favour the South abi?

a restructure that will favour all
And reflect equity and fairness
That's what the Ibo man is asking for

Some said it's too much to ask
The story of the land they call my country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by zombieHUNTER: 8:15am On Jun 30, 2017
Oladimejyy:
One thing i guaranty the igbos in the north is "HELL"if they fail to leave the north before 1st oct
and when they time comes... They will walk up to you first and ask.. Are you ola or ugo ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by zombieHUNTER: 8:17am On Jun 30, 2017
alizma:
JUST YESTERDAY I TOLD SOMEONE THAT I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANT.

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by Jesusloveyou: 8:23am On Jun 30, 2017
Pls just reject it
Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by nextprince: 8:37am On Jun 30, 2017
alade112:

4. Restructure Nigeria.

6. Igbos Oya take meat.

Lol! Shea na only Northerners go sit for the conference? Mind you we can't afford to waste another money on restructuring dialogue. Gej national conference report is still there. This present government have already picked some of the report and put it into use.

Well done jare. They are just bunch of confused clowns.

8 Likes

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by whitering: 8:39am On Jun 30, 2017
My Igbo brothers should better grow up.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by exlinkleads(f): 8:39am On Jun 30, 2017
watin una want self

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths by magoo10(m): 8:40am On Jun 30, 2017
Nigeria at this moment of history is in dire need of wisdom to solve its monumental problems especially with regards to its unity.the APC govt rode to power on deceit and lies thus will not be trusted in over seeing the restructuring of the country.
the govt should organize a referendum supervised by the united nations and international communities to decide the faith of indigenous people especially as the country is said to have expired

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Simple Agenda: Ize Iyamu Says He Didn't Plagiarise Pedro's Intellectual Property / Godfrey Chikwere Regains Freedom After Spending Days In Police Custody / Local Government Funds: Shehu Sani Advises Buhari What To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.