Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Nigerian Copyright Commission Seizes Pirated Books Worth N800 Million (Photos) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigerian Copyright Commission Seizes Pirated Books Worth N800 Million (Photos) (10414 Views)

How To Obtain Copyright In Nigeria / Bill Gates Gives 5 Books Worth Reading This Summer / Nairalander,and Award Winning Michael Chima, Claims Google Pirated His Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Copyright Commission Seizes Pirated Books Worth N800 Million (Photos) by ehmusshogun(m): 3:26pm On Jun 30, 2017
that book, Fool's Die by Mario Puzo is a good read. I recommend it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Copyright Commission Seizes Pirated Books Worth N800 Million (Photos) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 30, 2017
Please don't destroy that Mario puzo's fools die for is a brilliant writeup

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Copyright Commission Seizes Pirated Books Worth N800 Million (Photos) by bhella10: 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2017
dutchnorics:
Please don't destroy that Mario puzo's fools die for is a brilliant writeup
Infact you need to see how my eyes lit up at the sight of that book and the Sydney Sheldon's
Re: Nigerian Copyright Commission Seizes Pirated Books Worth N800 Million (Photos) by armadeo(m): 5:09pm On Jun 30, 2017
GavelSlam:
Wait for it.

Am still in shock that nobody has noticed. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Copyright Commission Seizes Pirated Books Worth N800 Million (Photos) by bhella10: 5:10pm On Jun 30, 2017
ehmusshogun:
Go read any of Nelson demille's book and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Copyright Commission Seizes Pirated Books Worth N800 Million (Photos) by buffalowings: 5:16pm On Jun 30, 2017
abdulkayus:

Are u out of ur mind? Do u know what you are saying at all? These are people sweat being milked wrongly. These are crimes

Baba me I no get money to dey buy books o

The one we my papa bought still dey shelf

Na to download any book I need o
Re: Nigerian Copyright Commission Seizes Pirated Books Worth N800 Million (Photos) by buffalowings: 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2017
sekem:

I used to think like you

Until I started writing my own stuff

And then pirates showed me red pepper

I hope you will not experience such

Haha my step brother was shocked when he saw one of his books being peddled on the street of lagos
That was a long time ago though
Re: Nigerian Copyright Commission Seizes Pirated Books Worth N800 Million (Photos) by ephi123(f): 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2017
ehmusshogun:

That's the guy that wrote The Godfather. Great author.

Piracy is a crime and must be treated as such.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Copyright Commission Seizes Pirated Books Worth N800 Million (Photos) by bisam(m): 8:41pm On Jun 30, 2017
Re: Nigerian Copyright Commission Seizes Pirated Books Worth N800 Million (Photos) by obi58: 9:08pm On Jun 30, 2017
darioNaharis:
Good job! Let's get rid of pirated goods.

Let's start with books

Then foods

Then our leaders grin

This just shows how sorry Nigeria has become. Everyday our reading culture moves one step closer to the grave in this smartphone era and here we are celebrating seizure and destruction of books. Pirated books make available and affordable books that would have cost a small fortune to buy if original copies were bought.

Instead of going to Alaba to fight movie and music pirates Na books dem fit show muscle

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Copyright Commission Seizes Pirated Books Worth N800 Million (Photos) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 30, 2017
bhella10:
Infact you need to see how my eyes lit up at the sight of that book and the Sydney Sheldon's
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
My dear I can't even remember where I kept mine
Re: Nigerian Copyright Commission Seizes Pirated Books Worth N800 Million (Photos) by wman(m): 2:50am On Jul 01, 2017
This is totally nonsense.

All the books i see here are foreign books.

How many people can afford these pirated books of N800?

How many can then afford the original that cost N10,000?

If it were Nigerian books, fine.

But these are foreign books.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Copyright Commission Seizes Pirated Books Worth N800 Million (Photos) by Exciton(m): 3:42am On Jul 01, 2017
Instead of tackling the real problem, they go after symptoms of it. The average Nigerian has no access to real knowledge, especially books, unless one goes through illegal means.

It's not a mystery why we never make progress. Successive governments have no plan for the next gen. No plan to make give us the knowledge and skills to become globally competitive, to be creative, etc etc.

Our fvcking useless government can't stock up our public libraries (that's even if we have) with good books, can't make good books available in schools, and can't cut deals to have low-cost versions available for students. The average student can't afford to buy the original copy from Amazon.

Most of the books I've read aren't available in Nigeria. You only have Naija criminal "bookshops" who'll order something you can directly order yourself and markup the price and delivery for profit. That's not a bookshop, it's a delivery service, an unnecessary middleman.

Now, I can afford to buy original copies but I'll be nowhere near what I am today without illegally downloaded books due to useless government that we've got.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Once Upon A December / James Hardley Chase Addict / 50 Shades Of Grey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.