Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

My Friend Was Fired At Work Because Of Me, Should I Quit The Job Also? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Friend Was Fired At Work Because Of Me, Should I Quit The Job Also? (1229 Views)

Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! / He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task / This Lady Was Fired For Being Too Pretty In London (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

My Friend Was Fired At Work Because Of Me, Should I Quit The Job Also? by Camlot000007: 2:19pm On Jun 30, 2017
Will make this very brief, 3 months ago i joined my friend at his place of work, with his help i was able to be employed there . it all started with the manager complaining about my friend's work style and always comparing him with me, despite the fact they don't know we are close pals and we live together, this really get me worried he is not so good on computers yet they kept comparing him to me, always saying he's not fast enough, and later after some weeks the boss concluded he's withdrawing the appointment of some workers due to shortage in patronage, to my disbelieve my friend name was among the 14 workers discharged, and ever since then he not been talking to me in the house, he kept mute even when I try talking to him, now I've decided to quit the work at month end, for the sake of peace between us.
Though I have no other means yet but you know that feelings when someone you always talk to just begin to act strange and wouldn't release his anger by speaking just looking since his fired.........Please what can I do? Should I quit the job as well?
Re: My Friend Was Fired At Work Because Of Me, Should I Quit The Job Also? by Camlot000007: 2:19pm On Jun 30, 2017
smiley
Re: My Friend Was Fired At Work Because Of Me, Should I Quit The Job Also? by shege45: 2:25pm On Jun 30, 2017
c dis man,all man for himself ooo...dis is clearly not ur fault
Re: My Friend Was Fired At Work Because Of Me, Should I Quit The Job Also? by obamabinladen(m): 2:25pm On Jun 30, 2017
Pls don't quit your job, you are not to be blamed for his sack.
Re: My Friend Was Fired At Work Because Of Me, Should I Quit The Job Also? by farouk0403(m): 3:04pm On Jun 30, 2017
I have only three words for you.

Quit and regret.
Re: My Friend Was Fired At Work Because Of Me, Should I Quit The Job Also? by Rokaa(m): 3:15pm On Jun 30, 2017
If you're very close and he's really good to you allote portion of your salary monthly to him.

Else show him the middle finger and say go to hell angry

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Fired At Work Because Of Me, Should I Quit The Job Also? by jokinexcel(m): 3:19pm On Jun 30, 2017
Quitting is not the best option, try to talk to him and explain things to him, if you wouldn't mind, offer to give him 20% of your salary to assist him until he gets a new job. Wit that offer he will know that you really feel for him. Though he may not accept the offer. If you quit your job both of you will broke and jobless

5 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Fired At Work Because Of Me, Should I Quit The Job Also? by jieta: 3:26pm On Jun 30, 2017
if i were you my conscience will not allow me to continue the work because staying with your frd under one roof is kind of dangerous you never can tell what on peoples mind

1 Like

Re: My Friend Was Fired At Work Because Of Me, Should I Quit The Job Also? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:10pm On Jun 30, 2017
Sit that man down BY FORCE, and communicate with him... I would have said:"listen bro, I understand that this situation is not ideal, and it was never my intention to make you look bad at work, nor that I was one of the few that were kept... but pls understand that, although I cherish our friendship AND the help you provided to get me that job, we have to make the right decisions and understand that ONE of us got to work. Dont you worry. I will take care of all the house bills, food provisions in the house etc until you can get back on your feet. I got you bro!"

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Fired At Work Because Of Me, Should I Quit The Job Also? by Marvel1206: 4:17pm On Jun 30, 2017
Rokaa:
If you're very close and he's really good to you allote portion of your salary monthly to him.

Else show him the middle finger and say go to hell angry
Seconded
Re: My Friend Was Fired At Work Because Of Me, Should I Quit The Job Also? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2017
shege45:
c dis man,all man for himself ooo...dis is clearly not ur fault
Shame on you! If it was 'Everyman for himself' his friend wouldn't have assisted him to get the job. He wouldn't have gotten the job in the first place

Learn not to be ungrateful. Life's more than bread and butter

5 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Fired At Work Because Of Me, Should I Quit The Job Also? by shege45: 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Shame on you! If it was 'Everyman for himself' his friend wouldn't have assisted him to get the job. He wouldn't have gotten the job in the first place

Learn not to be ungrateful. Life's more than bread and butter
ok...all man for hs bro...let him resign n seat with him n console him.wen hunger visits dem him go knw.best he can do now is support him till he gts a job
Re: My Friend Was Fired At Work Because Of Me, Should I Quit The Job Also? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2017
shege45:
ok...all man for hs bro...let him resign n seat with him n console him.wen hunger visits dem him go knw.best he can do now is support him till he gts a job
lol. I'm not saying he should resign, but you shouldn't be so blunt to say all man for himself if you actually read and understood the story

Anyways, Wetin don happen don happen
Re: My Friend Was Fired At Work Because Of Me, Should I Quit The Job Also? by schumastic(m): 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2017
don't quit but still try and talk things through with him, if he is really understanding and matured he will let things slide but if not, then start looking for a new apartment.
Re: My Friend Was Fired At Work Because Of Me, Should I Quit The Job Also? by kayzat: 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2017
Dunno how many times una wan recycle this story o.

I have been reading this same story on Nairaland for more than 3years now .
Re: My Friend Was Fired At Work Because Of Me, Should I Quit The Job Also? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 30, 2017
kayzat:
Dunno how many times una wan recycle this story o.

I have been reading this same story on Nairaland for more than 3years now .

Maybe it's life recycling our story in this world.

2000 years from now and there'd still be another bob risky.
Re: My Friend Was Fired At Work Because Of Me, Should I Quit The Job Also? by lalasticlala(m): 11:15pm On Jun 30, 2017
Your friend was fired because of you indeed!!

I just knew I have read this story here on Nairaland a few years back.I had to dig.

And this is it

https://www.nairaland.com/2506566/friend-fired-because-me-should

1 Like

(1)

What's The Pay Structure Like In the New UBA? / Any1 Knows The Procedure For Registration Of Incorporated Trustees? / As An Employer How Would You Cope Wit Some1 That Is More Qualified Than You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.